Ref Watch

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ref Watch

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:10 am

phips wrote:thought Friend was good today.

another ref might've given a handball vs. Gabriel and/or penalized for a handbag that led to Sterling's penalty.
Nice to have a good refereeing performance again. although Mike Dean is officiating on Sunday so it could be back to poor officiating.

Another ref would've been wrong on both, although the Kolarov one was dodgy. The only time I recall him pissing me off was booking Sterling for the exact same thing he let Feghouli away with on Silva less than a minute earlier.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Slim » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:29 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:

another ref might've given a handball vs. Gabriel and/or penalized for a handbag that led to Sterling's penalty.
Nice to have a good refereeing performance again. although Mike Dean is officiating on Sunday so it could be back to poor officiating.

Another ref would've been wrong on both, although the Kolarov one was dodgy. The only time I recall him pissing me off was booking Sterling for the exact same thing he let Feghouli away with on Silva less than a minute earlier.

He booked Jesus for waving the imaginary yellow, didn't book Noble for doing the same thing.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Blue Since 76 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:36 am

Apart from when Cresswell did a borderline red challenge on Sterling and we didn't even get a foul you mean?

Only Clattenburg would have given a handball for the one that hit Jesus. And that would only have been a penalty if it had happened in the centre circle.
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:48 am

70% possession and one less card than a team that kicked the shit out of us for the whole of the second half.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby gmercer1 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:10 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:70% possession and one less card than a team that kicked the shit out of us for the whole of the second half.

Same every week!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:02 pm

The ref was just ok imo but was very lenient on some awful challenges which could have meant a few injuries for us ( might yet do for all we know). If he hadn't given that penalty it would have said loud and clear that Sterling just can't win.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:11 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The ref was just ok imo but was very lenient on some awful challenges which could have meant a few injuries for us ( might yet do for all we know). If he hadn't given that penalty it would have said loud and clear that Sterling just can't win.

Agree. I thought we got very little protection from the ref.
Going forward that could be a problem, if teams decide the only way to stop us is to kick lumps out of us.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:The ref was just ok imo but was very lenient on some awful challenges which could have meant a few injuries for us ( might yet do for all we know). If he hadn't given that penalty it would have said loud and clear that Sterling just can't win.

Going forward that could be a problem, if teams decide the only way to stop us is to kick lumps out of us.

These are the issues for me. Other teams see that sort of treatment and realise they can do what they want with little comeback. A couple of those tackles yesterday (Sterling and Silva) were near leg breakers and the deliberate smash by Carroll on Fernandinho was absolutely pathetic from Friend, who had to book him a minute later for another rash challenge on the touchline.

Then consider the one foul cards we get, leaving our players walking a tightrope from early in the game.

Other managers see these things and adopt it as part of their tactics and it's only because the PGMOL allow it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby s1ty m » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:13 pm

WHU were filthy. They reminded me of Blackburn under Hughes.
After the ball was centred, after the whistle blew...
s1ty m
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Another bad and worrying referee performance last night.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby nottsblue » Thu Feb 02, 2017 8:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:

These are the issues for me. Other teams see that sort of treatment and realise they can do what they want with little comeback. A couple of those tackles yesterday (Sterling and Silva) were near leg breakers and the deliberate smash by Carroll on Fernandinho was absolutely pathetic from Friend, who had to book him a minute later for another rash challenge on the touchline.

Then consider the one foul cards we get, leaving our players walking a tightrope from early in the game.

Other managers see these things and adopt it as part of their tactics and it's only because the PGMOL allow it.

+1.
Mentioned this as a reason why someone like Messi would possibly not want to come to us in a thread a couple of weeks ago. They will look at the treatment Silva, Aguero and Sterling get and the fact the the perpetrators rarely get punished, thus allowing them basically a free ride.

How long before we get a serious injury? The blame can then be laid at the door of the referees and their incompetence
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:44 pm

zuricity wrote:Another bad and worrying referee performance last night.

Really? Then i dont think you'll ever see a good one.

Cresswell was aggressive but i thought that was the best league Ref performance of the season
Saul Goodman

My favourite player is: Bernardo Silva

Postby zuricity » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:24 pm

Saul Goodman wrote:
zuricity wrote:Another bad and worrying referee performance last night.

Really? Then i dont think you'll ever see a good one.

Cresswell was aggressive but i thought that was the best league Ref performance of the season

Yes i will , but this season they have been particularly bad .

Players like Carroll can chat away for five minutes with the ref , even when clearly in the wrong and get away with it . Many of our players , perhaps kdb and Kompay are exceptions , simply cannot give it to the ref the way rooney , carroll or noble can .

That's why these refs think they are so great.

Another point, the soft cards we given yesterday were another example. A captain like john terry would have been on the refs case for such inconsistency ( noble vs Jesus) .

Officials get away with absolute garbage decisions.
I honestly don't think this lot could actually play the game, never mind ref it.

Get ex-pros to ref the games.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Saul Goodman » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:56 pm

I know this is unique but im glad Friend carded Jesus.
We dont need players asking for the ref to card other players. Hopefully Jesus learned his lesson.

Now, if only refs would be consistent on this, which they arent
Saul Goodman

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:21 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I know this is unique but im glad Friend carded Jesus.
We dont need players asking for the ref to card other players. Hopefully Jesus learned his lesson.

Wasn't even consistent in the same game, which is what the complaint is.
I think it was Doug, who said earlier, the ref was making an example of the new boy, putting him in his place.
It won't do him any harm in the long run, but those looking for a second yellow for the lad for winning the ball showed their true colours.
A free given for nothing while Jesus and Sterling both getting clattered on the same move didn't even warrant a free kick.

Gross inconsistency and still it's true, he wasn't the worst ref we've had.
I thought the linesmen were better than the normal standard we've had.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby zuricity » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 am

Saul Goodman wrote:I know this is unique but I'm glad Friend carded Jesus.
We don't need players asking for the ref to card other players. Hopefully Jesus learned his lesson.

Now, if only refs would be consistent on this, which they aren't

I am not , not at all !

This referee did his homework. He knew that Jesus was starting for the first time. All he needed to do was to pull Jesus over and say "Hey, we don't go around doing that in the Premier League, knock it off ". He didn't even give him a warning before hand. So no I don't accept this.

It is pathetic from a referee , especially when you see players diving in like Cresswell and lumps like Carroll barging into players.

We don't need Noble asking for cards either and he's been playing at the top in the PL for years. Now there is an even bigger reason to stamp this little thing out. The refs are crap in the PL. There isn't a single good one among them.
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Mase » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:32 pm

zuricity wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I know this is unique but I'm glad Friend carded Jesus.
We don't need players asking for the ref to card other players. Hopefully Jesus learned his lesson.

Now, if only refs would be consistent on this, which they aren't

I am not , not at all !

This referee did his homework. He knew that Jesus was starting for the first time. All he needed to do was to pull Jesus over and say "Hey, we don't go around doing that in the Premier League, knock it off ". He didn't even give him a warning before hand. So no I don't accept this.

It is pathetic from a referee , especially when you see players diving in like Cresswell and lumps like Carroll barging into players.

We don't need Noble asking for cards either and he's been playing at the top in the PL for years. Now there is an even bigger reason to stamp this little thing out. The refs are crap in the PL. There isn't a single good one among them.

I always find it amusing that a ref could never prove that a player is waving an imaginary card - unless he obviously says 'book him ref!!'

He could easily be holding an imaginary sign up that reads 'this ref is bent!'
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Saul Goodman » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Saul Goodman wrote:I know this is unique but im glad Friend carded Jesus.

Wasn't even consistent in the same game, which is what the complaint is.

Understood. I agree
Saul Goodman

Postby Original Dub » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:18 pm

And again.
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Feb 05, 2017 2:19 pm

Original Dub wrote:And again.

100%..shocking and it has actually disrupted our rhythm.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum