Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 5:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:The first reason is why Pep will bring in a number 1 keeper .

Accept it and prepare to change your duvet.

ok mate
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:09 pm

Wooders wrote:Top class competition in
all positions can only be a good thing

Generally I agree, but when it comes to keeper it's different because being the backup usually means far less games, so more likely to unsettle someone who believes they should start.

Again, one possibility could be giving the cup keeper CL to offer more games, and prestige.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:14 pm

I can see a tattoo rethink coming.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby nottsblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:42 pm

Regarding transfer rumours. That's all they are, rumours. However there are a couple of points which are pertinent.

We will have been working on this summers business since last summer. The announcement of Pep as the next manager will help or possibly in some cases helped obtain the signatures of our targets. Make no mistake, he is a top draw for players. A real game changer that we have not had before. Already we have seen Neymar state he would like to work for him.

We will have identified players in numerous positions based on a number of factors. Availability, the existing player we have in that role, the formation the new manager will prefer to take and the personnel required for that, the age and contract length of given players already here, what our competitors require and the likelihood of them getting their targets, the nationality of outgoing and incoming targets in order to meet squad requirements. In short, gone are the days of meeting players at service stations or hotels and conducting business based solely on a managers whim.

I dare say we have a list of twenty or so names that gradually get whittled down due to various reasons. In respect of the rumours about Ter Stegen, no doubt we have a couple of goalkeeper names on our list. It would be remiss not to have. Joe could suffer a season ending or even worse, a career ending injury at any time. Ter Stegen is a player who may or not be on our watch, but if he isn't, someone else will be. Lloris perhaps. Or DeGea. Or Neuer. Regardless of whether a goalkeeper is a priority for us, and I don't think it is myself, we are likely to be working on a number of positions at the same time. It may be a deal can be concluded for a particular position first even though another area may need looking at first. Centre half is an obvious one, but maybe out targets aren't as easy to get thus that area of improvement isn't completed first. If all we did was look at one area and not another until the first was completed we would run the risk of not doing any business. Or worse still, the wrong business. See Woodwards approach at the swamp for evidence of this.

We will be linked with lots of players from now until September. Most will be bullshit, some will be true but for whatever reason the deal didn't happen and four or five will be concluded. I'm hoping for one or two of the ones to be concluded to be real shocks in terms of WOW, did not see that coming and to ignite the club for the upcoming season
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Sat Apr 02, 2016 6:54 pm

PrezIke wrote:

Generally I agree, but when it comes to keeper it's different because being the backup usually means far less games, so more likely to unsettle someone who believes they should start.

Again, one possibility could be giving the cup keeper CL to offer more games, and prestige.

Isn't that what Barca have been doing? Playing Bravo in league games with Ter Stegen getting cup games, reportedly that's the reason Ter Stegen wants out as he wants more.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:21 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Isn't that what Barca have been doing? Playing Bravo in league games with Ter Stegen getting cup games, reportedly that's the reason Ter Stegen wants out as he wants more.

Exactly, I don't see the point for MATS to swap Barca's bench for ours (half of the time) and I don't see the point for Pep to get him for his distribution and sweeper role, only to then keep playing Hart, who is dogshit at it.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13452/opta/ ... gen-at-man

Also, quite incredibly, out of 98 starting keepers in the top 5 leagues, Hart ranks 97th (!!!) for passes per game. In a team with our possession and passing statistics, however struggling this season, that is nothing short of criminal.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby bigblue » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:40 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:Exactly, I don't see the point for MATS to swap Barca's bench for ours (half of the time) and I don't see the point for Pep to get him for his distribution and sweeper role, only to then keep playing Hart, who is dogshit at it.

Also, quite incredibly, out of 98 starting keepers in the top 5 leagues, Hart ranks 97th (!!!) for passes per game. In a team with our possession and passing statistics, however struggling this season, that is nothing short of criminal.

A counter point though - maybe thats because teams usually sit deep and hit us on the break. Most of our passing is across the backline and CMs, with the opposing players putting no pressure on them - so no reason to play it back to the keeper. And when he does get the ball, maybe he's under instructions to get the ball out. Or maybe he doesn't trust passing it short to Demi (the derby can show why), Mangaler etc.. so he just hoofs it

The stats cited in the article don't mean much when compared across different teams. The top spots for each stat include the starting and backup keeper for a few select teams, suggesting that the team's play style has a lot to do with how many passes (and the completion rate) for keepers.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Sat Apr 02, 2016 8:52 pm

bigblue wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Exactly, I don't see the point for MATS to swap Barca's bench for ours (half of the time) and I don't see the point for Pep to get him for his distribution and sweeper role, only to then keep playing Hart, who is dogshit at it.

A counter point though - maybe thats because teams usually sit deep and hit us on the break. Most of our passing is across the backline and CMs, with the opposing players putting no pressure on them - so no reason to play it back to the keeper. And when he does get the ball, maybe he's under instructions to get the ball out. Or maybe he doesn't trust passing it short to Demi (the derby can show why), Mangaler etc.. so he just hoofs it

The stats cited in the article don't mean much when compared across different teams. The top spots for each stat include the starting and backup keeper for a few select teams, suggesting that the team's play style has a lot to do with how many passes (and the completion rate) for keepers.

Sorry mate I think is the words your looking for.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Apr 02, 2016 9:53 pm

bigblue wrote:

Now, thats what you call talking shit!
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby PrezIke » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
PrezIke wrote:

Yes, but we have 2 cups rather than 1 in Spain.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sun Apr 03, 2016 5:57 am

looks like we'll only be getting players managed by pep's brother then....
did someone say spafia??
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Sun Apr 03, 2016 8:59 am

bigblue wrote:

Whatever floats your boat. To me, these stats cry out that (1) our players/manager don't trust Hart with the ball at his feet and bypass him (2) and when the ball is at his feet, you're slightly better off than rolling the dice.

Hart has had some amazing performances for us this season and also in the past. In my opinion, he is great on the line and one of the best in 1on1 situations. His command of the box (aerial) could be better and his distribution is diabolical. As long as you are not deluded, these are pretty much facts.

I would love there to be a way and system where we keep Hart and play to his strengths and circumvent his weaknesses to great success. But I try to be realistic and I can't see it happening if events unfold as rumoured here.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:14 pm

Suarez linked today.

Managed of course by Peps bro.

Hope it's absolute bollox for a couple reasons that are probably obvious.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Cocacolajojo » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:29 pm

Hart has had some amazing performances for us this season and also in the past. In my opinion, he is great on the line and one of the best in 1on1 situations. His command of the box (aerial) could be better and his distribution is diabolical. As long as you are not deluded, these are pretty much facts.

If you think his distribution is diabolical then you clearly have not watched a lot of footy in your life. Isaksson springs to mind as a person with a human body and bricks for feet.
Cocacolajojo
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Agüero

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:30 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:Suarez linked today.

Managed of course by Peps bro.

Hope it's absolute bollox for a couple reasons that are probably obvious.

Cheers

Hate him But Scouse heads would Fookin explode Lah
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:44 pm

Suarez?

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Fantastic player who would fit into any side seamlessly. In a Pep side he would be outstanding.

A cunt? Yes. But I wouldn't care
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:49 pm

I wouldn't want him in the same way I didn't want Bellamy.

And then he signed, and then he played, and my memory got fuzzy on why I didn't want him at City.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:54 pm

nottsblue wrote:Suarez?

I'd have him in a heartbeat. Fantastic player who would fit into any side seamlessly. In a Pep side he would be outstanding.

He would take a big bite out of our transfer budget :)

All the Scousers I know couldn't bring them selves to call him what he is a cunt . But as you say good player . I would take him just to fuck off the bin dippers
S. A S. Suarez Aguero Sterling That would really piss Em off Lol
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:14 pm

carolina-blue wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Suarez?

He would take a big bite out of our transfer budget :)

All the Scousers I know couldn't bring them selves to call him what he is a cunt . But as you say good player . I would take him just to fuck off the bin dippers
S. A S. Suarez Aguero Sterling That would really piss Em off Lol

Any player we buy from next season has an inflated price due to the PL TV deal.

However, really unlikely to happen. I actually think Barca would be more likely to offload Messi if they were going to sell one of Messi, Neymar, Suarez. Not beyond possibility as just those three alone probably cost in excess of £1.3m a week in wages. Messi would command the biggest transfer fee and he is the biggest earner. Plus the other two are good enough to still dominate the Spanish league.

We can but dream
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Wooders » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:43 pm

He'd start biting again the moment he signs
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum