Welcome Erling Haaland

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: welcome erling haaland

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 10, 2022 7:09 pm

So, it’s true. Not quite Samaras levels of quality, but he’ll do ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby salford city » Tue May 10, 2022 8:08 pm

Just saw a whatsapp picturing Haaland and Alvarez reading that they cost less than hardy maguire. Concentrate on your own shit recruitment rather than worrying about citys business
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 10, 2022 8:15 pm

salford city wrote:Just saw a whatsapp picturing Haaland and Alvarez reading that they cost less than hardy maguire. Concentrate on your own shit recruitment rather than worrying about citys business

Here you go mate, you WhatsApp it to me :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Tue May 10, 2022 8:17 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
salford city wrote:Just saw a whatsapp picturing Haaland and Alvarez reading that they cost less than hardy maguire. Concentrate on your own shit recruitment rather than worrying about citys business

Here you go mate, you WhatsApp it to me :lol:

I know mate I was on a call for work ta
salford city

Postby CTID Hants » Tue May 10, 2022 10:06 pm

So, will we modifie his old man's terrace song

Erling Haaland is a Blue , is a Blue is a Blue, Erling Haaland is a Blue .. he hates United....?

Surely has to be done?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Nick » Tue May 10, 2022 10:15 pm

The madrid line is bs btw please dont talk like we will let him go
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Tue May 10, 2022 11:24 pm

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Take a bow Txiki and Ferran

Outstanding business.

What did they do mate? It’s literally his buy out clause. They didn’t negotiate it.

Pretty sure there was a bit more to this that Txiki did (maybe Soriano) than be just the first club to get the release clause cash to Dortmund. ;)

He's our DOF.

He has to convince the player, agent, etc. and negotiate the contract, image rights, etc.

It's a huge job and I don't think ANYONE 1 season ago felt we were the favourites to land him.

Most felt it was a Spanish club.

Bayern were DESPERATE to sign him so I hear.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby john68 » Wed May 11, 2022 1:12 am

I think the signing of Haaland is a significant and major step in City's rise to the very top of global football.
I think the rest of the old elite know it too and fear its significance.

I also think we are a far better team than our tiny lead in the Prem would seem to signal.
I further think we are the best team in Europe, despite our apparent failures in the CL.

Having, over the years, lost such World class players as Yaya, El Mago, Vinnie, Aguero and replaced them with what would appear to be lesser individual players, this current team have pushed on to higher achievements and a style of football that has never before been seen in the Prem. We have dominated the Prem in recent years and daft as it may seem and despite the result, for most of the recent CL semi, we dominated Real Madrid.
Records show that we have the best defence and our creativity is second to none.

Our major problem that holds us back is our poor 'chance to goals' conversion rate. Our false nine strategy has got us through domestically but though we score a shed load of goals, we miss a shed load more. 4, 5, 6 and even 7 goal wins may sound brilliant but in reality those winning margins should have been so many more.

Haarland and Alvarez will both need time to settle. To instinctively learn where they should be when KDB, Berardo or Foden put those amazing passes through. Where and when to make those runs, so we may need to be a little patient initially.
But I am in no doubt that once that becomes embedded and instinctive, City's chance to goal conversion rate will dramatically improve.
A mate of mine has worked out that a mere 2% improvement wouldhave yielded us 111goals this season.

As Francis Lee was the final jigsaw piece for Mercer/Allison, I really believe that Haaland and Alvarez could be the same for this current side.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Dimples » Wed May 11, 2022 1:47 am

IMO a huge signing from many perspectives.
Our style of play will evolve, again!
Our finishing will be more clinical, that is huge for the big games.
Squad is freshened up with the intro of Haaland and Alvarez (I know zero about him).
Ots of options. Foden and Grealish no longer have to play false 9 role. That means Foden can start to develop as a midfielder with Grealish on the left wing. Or Bern in the middle with Foden and Grealish in competition on the left. Jesus on the right or Mahrez or Sterling depends on who stays.
So many options.

That leaves us the Summer to sort out our defense.
A LB, a Kyle backup and maybe an animal in the center who is not made of glass and who can concentrate for 90 minutes.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Tokyo Blue » Wed May 11, 2022 2:47 am

We got 56 million for Torres and pay 51 for Haaland.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby salford city » Wed May 11, 2022 3:41 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:We got 56 million for Torres and pay 51 for Haaland.

That's not too shabby is it? Torres wanted out and we did a deal. Did it weaken us and help Farca possibly cash-wise with instalment payments but this deal was clearly in the pipeline
Agree with John, he and Alvarez will need time to settle into our style, Haaland having the extra media jealousy to contend with. The problem for the rest of europe is that we already create chances for fun and only our profligacy in front of goals has kept some of them in games that we have then lost.in time that chance conversion stat is going to rise rapidly. Thats the front sorted with so many options lets see what we can do for a left back
Some fun times ahead. Well done to everyone who made this happen. How are you feeling now Mr Kane?
salford city

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2022 6:18 am

PrezIke wrote:
Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:Take a bow Txiki and Ferran

Outstanding business.

What did they do mate? It’s literally his buy out clause. They didn’t negotiate it.

Pretty sure there was a bit more to this that Txiki did (maybe Soriano) than be just the first club to get the release clause cash to Dortmund. ;)

He's our DOF.

He has to convince the player, agent, etc. and negotiate the contract, image rights, etc.

It's a huge job and I don't think ANYONE 1 season ago felt we were the favourites to land him.

Most felt it was a Spanish club.

Bayern were DESPERATE to sign him so I hear.

No one felt it would be a Spanish club apart from the bias media so desperate for him not to come here.

Bayern were barely mentioned.

It was always going to be City.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Wed May 11, 2022 6:54 am

Great job getting him in. Well done to all involved.

For all the fantastic players we got through the years since the takeover, we never signed arguably the world's best in his position until now.

Delighted
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:24 am

What a signing. And he even makes the City top 10 most expensive signings list. Eat that, you corrupt, rag-loving media cnuts!!!!!!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:What a signing. And he even makes the City top 10 most expensive signings list. Eat that, you corrupt, rag-loving media cnuts!!!!!!!!

We paid more for Mendy :lol:
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby gmercer1 » Wed May 11, 2022 7:33 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:What a signing. And he even makes the City top 10 most expensive signings list. Eat that, you corrupt, rag-loving media cnuts!!!!!!!!

FFS Mendy cost more than Haaland!!!
gmercer1
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 11, 2022 8:39 am

No way KDB was £68m or Sterling £57m either
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Wed May 11, 2022 8:41 am

nottsblue wrote:

Sterling was £44m and QPR got £9m of that. Liverpool got £35m and used that to buy Benteke.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Wed May 11, 2022 8:46 am

Mase wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Sterling was £44m and QPR got £9m of that. Liverpool got £35m and used that to buy Benteke.

Correct. Though there were £5m of add ons that the conditions were met, taking it to £49m in total

What rarely gets mentioned either when the media bang on about how fantastic the dippers are in the transfer market, is we bought Aguero for £38m and the dippers bought Andy Carroll for £35m. One became a club legend and the record goal scorer and one was sold for £15m a couple of years later :lol: :lol:
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Wed May 11, 2022 11:59 am

The bile on the HYS section of the beeb Haaland story is unbelievable, some out and out racist anti Arab stuff, I felt it necessary to have some removed, saying, failure to remove this defamatory comment will mean the BBC endorses the content, that soon gets it removed :lol:
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum