Summer Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby Hazy2 » Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:13 pm

PSG next !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Still think he should get the send off if he is leaving.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dameerto » Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:46 pm

I'd give that sodding representative of his a send off he would remember.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby carolina-blue » Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:10 pm

He deserves a good send off every match until he leaves. too many great goals to remember so many really important goals . The Yaya Kolo song still love watching that Banks pub Video Fookin luv the big man.

Let's not let that cunt of an-agent ruin the memories .
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:22 pm

He's been leaving every window since cake gate.

I don't even believe he is leaving yet. I would in fact bet that Pep feels he can get more value out of yaya than his transfer value. Unless China gets retarded.

Unrelated, my new replacement iPhone autocorrected "yaya" to "gays". Seriously.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:14 am

DoomMerchant wrote:He's been leaving every window since cake gate.

I don't even believe he is leaving yet. I would in fact bet that Pep feels he can get more value out of yaya than his transfer value. Unless China gets retarded.

Unrelated, my new replacement iPhone autocorrected "yaya" to "gays". Seriously.

Cheers

It was only a few months ago that seluk was spouting that Yaya wanted to stay forever and become part of the coaching staff. He is a rent a quote who loves to spout shit as soon as sky call his mobile for some shit stirring.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby bigblue » Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:05 pm

I Just Blue Myself wrote:
bigblue wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Exactly, I don't see the point for MATS to swap Barca's bench for ours (half of the time) and I don't see the point for Pep to get him for his distribution and sweeper role, only to then keep playing Hart, who is dogshit at it.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13452/opta/ ... gen-at-man

Also, quite incredibly, out of 98 starting keepers in the top 5 leagues, Hart ranks 97th (!!!) for passes per game. In a team with our possession and passing statistics, however struggling this season, that is nothing short of criminal.

A counter point though - maybe thats because teams usually sit deep and hit us on the break. Most of our passing is across the backline and CMs, with the opposing players putting no pressure on them - so no reason to play it back to the keeper. And when he does get the ball, maybe he's under instructions to get the ball out. Or maybe he doesn't trust passing it short to Demi (the derby can show why), Mangaler etc.. so he just hoofs it

The stats cited in the article don't mean much when compared across different teams. The top spots for each stat include the starting and backup keeper for a few select teams, suggesting that the team's play style has a lot to do with how many passes (and the completion rate) for keepers.

Whatever floats your boat. To me, these stats cry out that (1) our players/manager don't trust Hart with the ball at his feet and bypass him (2) and when the ball is at his feet, you're slightly better off than rolling the dice.

Hart has had some amazing performances for us this season and also in the past. In my opinion, he is great on the line and one of the best in 1on1 situations. His command of the box (aerial) could be better and his distribution is diabolical. As long as you are not deluded, these are pretty much facts.

I would love there to be a way and system where we keep Hart and play to his strengths and circumvent his weaknesses to great success. But I try to be realistic and I can't see it happening if events unfold as rumoured here.

When looking at the stats one thing sticks out to me, the fact that both starting and backup keeper for a few select clubs dominate the list. Look at la Liga, Barca and Rayo Vallecano make up 4 of the top 5. And in the PL Spurs and Bournemouth make up 4 of the top 4. Obviously this doesn't hold in the CL, since no one plays their backup keeper in that competition.

So then you can come to 2 different conclusions.

1) Rayo Vallecano, Bournemouth, Spuds, & Barca have incredible backup keepers who are better with the ball at their feet than all the other starting keepers in the league. Allsop, Federici, Vorm, Tono, etc are among the best ball playing keepers in the world.

Or more likely:

2) Rayo Vallecano, Bournemouth, Spuds, & Barca play in a way that boost their keeper's number of passes and pass completion rate. They often pass it back to the keeper, they instruct their keepers to play it short, and their defenders and midfield show for passes into feet from the keeper.

So CARL and hazy, I'm not talking shit, I'm just noticing the obvious staring you right in the face. These stats aren't a reflection of Joe or any individual keeper. They're a reflection of different teams tactics.
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Hazy2 » Tue Apr 05, 2016 3:17 pm

bigblue wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:
bigblue wrote:
I Just Blue Myself wrote:Exactly, I don't see the point for MATS to swap Barca's bench for ours (half of the time) and I don't see the point for Pep to get him for his distribution and sweeper role, only to then keep playing Hart, who is dogshit at it.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/13452/opta/ ... gen-at-man

Also, quite incredibly, out of 98 starting keepers in the top 5 leagues, Hart ranks 97th (!!!) for passes per game. In a team with our possession and passing statistics, however struggling this season, that is nothing short of criminal.

A counter point though - maybe thats because teams usually sit deep and hit us on the break. Most of our passing is across the backline and CMs, with the opposing players putting no pressure on them - so no reason to play it back to the keeper. And when he does get the ball, maybe he's under instructions to get the ball out. Or maybe he doesn't trust passing it short to Demi (the derby can show why), Mangaler etc.. so he just hoofs it

The stats cited in the article don't mean much when compared across different teams. The top spots for each stat include the starting and backup keeper for a few select teams, suggesting that the team's play style has a lot to do with how many passes (and the completion rate) for keepers.

Whatever floats your boat. To me, these stats cry out that (1) our players/manager don't trust Hart with the ball at his feet and bypass him (2) and when the ball is at his feet, you're slightly better off than rolling the dice.

Hart has had some amazing performances for us this season and also in the past. In my opinion, he is great on the line and one of the best in 1on1 situations. His command of the box (aerial) could be better and his distribution is diabolical. As long as you are not deluded, these are pretty much facts.

I would love there to be a way and system where we keep Hart and play to his strengths and circumvent his weaknesses to great success. But I try to be realistic and I can't see it happening if events unfold as rumoured here.

When looking at the stats one thing sticks out to me, the fact that both starting and backup keeper for a few select clubs dominate the list. Look at la Liga, Barca and Rayo Vallecano make up 4 of the top 5. And in the PL Spurs and Bournemouth make up 4 of the top 4. Obviously this doesn't hold in the CL, since no one plays their backup keeper in that competition.

So then you can come to 2 different conclusions.

1) Rayo Vallecano, Bournemouth, Spuds, & Barca have incredible backup keepers who are better with the ball at their feet than all the other starting keepers in the league. Allsop, Federici, Vorm, Tono, etc are among the best ball playing keepers in the world.

Or more likely:

2) Rayo Vallecano, Bournemouth, Spuds, & Barca play in a way that boost their keeper's number of passes and pass completion rate. They often pass it back to the keeper, they instruct their keepers to play it short, and their defenders and midfield show for passes into feet from the keeper.

So CARL and hazy, I'm not talking shit, I'm just noticing the obvious staring you right in the face. These stats aren't a reflection of Joe or any individual keeper. They're a reflection of different teams tactics.

Mate as one of my fav posters I never think you post shit, however the ball being recycled around the side including the keeper is where we are heading imo.
As for teams tactics, having the pass lined up is natural for the best keepers, Joe is average,nobody average at anything is gonna cut it with Pep, and that includes outfield players.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Re: Summer Transfer rumours

Postby PeterParker » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:08 pm

Some reports on Twatter say Cheeky met again with Gundogan”s agent.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:34 pm

PeterParker wrote:Some reports on Twatter say Cheeky met again with Gundogan”s agent.

Maybe he wanted assurances Fernando is not gonna tackle him. That first touch needs some work.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby PrezIke » Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:35 pm

http://www.espnfc.us/story/2845554/pep- ... r-man-city

Sources told ESPN FC that Guardiola already has specific names for some of those positions in mind, with Laporte and Stones, both 21, seen as ideal to offer the type of ball-playing defence and focus on the future the manager wants.

In goal, contact has already been made with representatives of Barcelona's Marc-Andre ter Stegen, who was forced to deny that he had already signed for the club after revealing his unhappiness at sharing the No. 1 slot with Claudio Bravio. And, although Guardiola wants to bring in new full-backs too, he does not see those positions as important as other areas.

City have reportedly struck a deal in principle with Borussia Dortmund's Ilkay Gundogan for the midfield position, despite his representatives denying the claims.City will also offload Wilfried Bony up front, but no decision has yet been made on an alternative back-up striker to Aguero.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:45 am

Well the one player we should be looking at seriously imo should be Wiegl from Dortmund only 19 but imo will be world class in 12/18 months.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:53 am

gillie wrote:Well the one player we should be looking at seriously imo should be Wiegl from Dortmund only 19 but imo will be world class in 12/18 months.

There's been numerous reports suggesting we are trying to sign him.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:55 am

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
gillie wrote:Well the one player we should be looking at seriously imo should be Wiegl from Dortmund only 19 but imo will be world class in 12/18 months.

There's been numerous reports suggesting we are trying to sign him.

Oh please let those rumours be true.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby phips » Mon Apr 11, 2016 1:27 pm

needs to add muscle and work on his speed. he has glacial pace currently.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:17 pm

JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby nottsblue » Mon Apr 11, 2016 5:59 pm

For a guy who has one year left on his contract, is £28m not a bit steep?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby PrezIke » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:17 pm

nottsblue wrote:For a guy who has one year left on his contract, is £28m not a bit steep?

When you are a PL club, and then one of the richest clubs in the world, there is of course a significant surcharge now in the current market.

I'm not so sure we need to spend a lot time worrying about transfer fees when FFP is basically gone. I heard that between us, Utd and Chelsea that we could combined spend around £500m. Doesn't sound that shocking to me either.

He will be a very good signing and fill a need. I'm curious what we will do to improve the Fullback positions, and 2nd or 3rd striker, as there has been less rumours out in the media with us there.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:22 pm

nottsblue wrote:For a guy who has one year left on his contract, is £28m not a bit steep?

Seems a bit pricey doesn't it
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Original Dub » Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:29 pm

How much was Nasri and how long had he left on his contract when we bought him?
Original Dub

Postby Wooders » Mon Apr 11, 2016 7:06 pm

Original Dub wrote:How much was Nasri and how long had he left on his contract when we bought him?

Don't recall but wasn't sterling on his last year too??
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum