mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:38 pm

CTID Hants wrote:Wow Mase

That's one scary story about your mate and I am glad it got sorted although I cannot even begin to imagine how he coped going through that!!

Out of interest did you and your other mates get interviewed, did you tell police what you saw etc?

Back to Mendy, iirc we are talking 4 different women (at least) with 8 charges (minimum) hanging over him, one of which triggered his breach of bail putting in him on remand.

I appreciate given what happened to your mate that you may have different outlook and thankfully truth prevailed for him, but Mendy implicated multiple times by multiple victim's surely is a different ball game??

If the odds weren't so weighted against him I would normally go with innocent until proven guilty but I cannot see this turning out in his favour, I really can't

It wasn’t great mate, I remember having to tell his brother and sister that he’d been arrested because at the time we were trying to workout where his girl was (luckily he’d had enough time to time his father in law to get her).

They questioned 3 of my mates and then shot back up to Scotland.

The horrible thing is when he finally got the charges dropped no one would initially tell him why. Police kept his mobile and didn’t return it. We asked whether he would consider some sort of pressing charges against her but in the end he was just relieved she told the truth. Turns out she was married, got home at 6am and her husband questioned where she’d been and she made the story up.

I actually think with Mendy we’re up to 6 or 7 women now? I think another one was added today!!
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 02, 2022 9:48 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
CTID Hants wrote:
Mase wrote:The fact that the judge said today, “Say, for example, Mr Mendy, his career is on hold. Everyone has got to understand Mr Mendy can't go to work. This matter needs to be tried.” says to me that there’s not going to be enough evidence that he actually committed rape.

He’s been charged because he’s likely said “no comment” throughout all the interviews. Which is the right thing to do. And it’s likely true that these women were at his house when they’re claiming they were raped. So it needs to go to court to be proven, a charge isn’t proof.

We’ll see what happens.

How is "no comment" the right thing to do if you're innocent, I've never fuckin got that.

Somebody says to me no fucking comment I go straight to guilty as fuck, banged to rights.

My friend was accused of rape three years ago, and subsequently charge by Scottish police. It relates to when we were on a stag do in Edinburgh about 4 months before his arrest, he brought a girl back to our hostel, they had sex, she left in the early hours.

Luckily I was awake (being a shit sleeper finally comes in useful) and on the bunk facing him so saw/heard all of it.

Police came down from Scotland one morning, got to his at 5am and dragged him outside in front of neighbours and his little girl (he’s the only parent as his wife died of cancer about 6 years ago).

When he was arrested his solicitor told him that because he was angry at it all happening in front of his girl and because they’d driven him back up to Scotland from Bolton to question him he would be emotional and anything he said to the police would be twisted because they’re goal is to get a charge. He was advised to say “no comment” all the way through questioning and then have his opportunity to give the real story in court.

He was charged and given a court date. Luckily she admitted she was lying before the court date after police looked at the footage from the night in the bars and hostel and re-questioned her.

Did you have an opportunity to tell the Scottish police your account as an eye witness in the four months before they drove down and dragged him out of bed at 5am?

As they were driving him up to Scotland to question him, some stayed here to take statements from people in the room (there was 5 of us in the same room in bunks). Weirdly, the police questioned three of my other mates, one said he’d heard them come in and detailed what he’d heard, and all told them that I was awake throughout it all and in the bunk facing it so could see. But the police didn’t question me before charging him..

very curious, they were told by 3 others you were a key witness and didn't take your statement - did you ever follow that up?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 02, 2022 10:20 pm

My details were passed to his solicitor to be a witness in court. He’d already been charged before we realised they were coming back to take a statement from me.

It would have looked awful in court if it had been shown the police were told about a key witness and didn’t follow up. His solicitor was happy about it to be honest.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Thu Feb 03, 2022 8:59 am

Its hard to know what to make of all this Mendy stuff. I don't know if he is guilty or not, but the sideshow is interesting. Some saying its great he is not near the team. Really that is irrelevant because Cancelo is just miles better and would always have played ahead of him. Even Zinch is better, fact is he was our third choice LB, no real loss, no miss. Yet the media love to refer to him as a Man City 'Star', oddly never a French 'Star' or French World Cup winner, always a Man city Star. Wonder why that is.
This trial is going to be mega in the news, a great opportunity for all the cunts to turn the knife.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby blues2win » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:17 am

https://twitter.com/city_zone_/status/1 ... 96866?s=21

Club refunds on Mendy shirts. Judging by the comments about him over the years a lot of posters will be getting refunds!
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby sheblue » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:29 am

blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/city_zone_/status/1490956093672996866?s=21

Club refunds on Mendy shirts. Judging by the comments about him over the years a lot of posters will be getting refunds!

What's more surprising is that anybody actually bought a Mendy shirt is the first place.
Be shocked if the refunds have to extend to any more than immediate family members, his mother is in for a few quid.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby salford city » Tue Feb 08, 2022 8:50 am

sheblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:https://twitter.com/city_zone_/status/1490956093672996866?s=21

What's more surprising is that anybody actually bought a Mendy shirt is the first place.
Be shocked if the refunds have to extend to any more than immediate family members, his mother is in for a few quid.

Harsh but true. Looking forward to the same level of reporting on trials of mendy and greenwood if both get that far. I know Mendy's is set but no guarantees that these 'victims ' i.e. the 5 he picked up in china white will go through with it. Not defending mendy but this is far from being a guaranteed conviction
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Dimples » Tue Feb 08, 2022 10:55 am

'no comment' is your only man if you are ever questioned by the police. Do not converse with them. Zero communication aside from 'no comment'. Don't say one other word until your solicitor is present and advising you.

You are putting a rope around your own neck by saying anything other than 'no comment'.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby dick dastardley » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:25 pm

Heard today Mendy's names been removed from the changing rooms because people on the stadium tours took offence to it being in there.
Support the badge, players come and go along with managers!!!
dick dastardley
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby zuricity » Tue Feb 08, 2022 9:28 pm

dick dastardley wrote:Heard today Mendy's names been removed from the changing rooms because people on the stadium tours took offence to it being in there.

shows you how thick these people are , not to have "neutralised" the environment.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:42 am

Dimples wrote:'no comment' is your only man if you are ever questioned by the police. Do not converse with them. Zero communication aside from 'no comment'. Don't say one other word until your solicitor is present and advising you.

You are putting a rope around your own neck by saying anything other than 'no comment'.
If you have not committed a crime why would you not assist the police in dealing with those who have?
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:48 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Dimples wrote:'no comment' is your only man if you are ever questioned by the police. Do not converse with them. Zero communication aside from 'no comment'. Don't say one other word until your solicitor is present and advising you.

If you have not committed a crime why would you not assist the police in dealing with those who have?

If solicitors are advising ‘no comment’ mate, I’m sure they’re more knowledgeable than you on it as it’s their job. I maybe wrong though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 09, 2022 8:54 am

You’d be advised to make a statement and after that “no comment” because you’ve said all you need to say.

“Anything you say will be used as evidence” - I doubt you’ve ever been in a situation of being dragged out your house in front of your kid for something you didn’t do, but I imagine emotions are high and you could say something you don’t mean or say something in a way the police could twist. In that instance after giving the police your statement via your solicitor then “no comment” is 100% the best way forward.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Wed Feb 09, 2022 2:46 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

If solicitors are advising ‘no comment’ mate, I’m sure they’re more knowledgeable than you on it as it’s their job. I maybe wrong though.

The police don't know you are innocent, only you know that. They may even think you are guilty. There is no advantage to you if you talk to the police. Law is very technical. Smart move is to hold your mouth until professional help is available to guide you through the technicalities. If you are innocent that is the best chance you have of proving it. Every solicitor advises this approach, for good reason.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby stupot » Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:46 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Next time Pep makes a selection that you disagree with just remember those wise words Mase. :D
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:20 pm

nottsblue wrote:Charged with a further two counts of rape

Today? On top of the extra charges last week??
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mase » Wed Feb 09, 2022 4:23 pm

stupot wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Next time Pep makes a selection that you disagree with just remember those wise words Mase. :D

I always agree with Pep’s team selection. When he picks the right team ;)
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Wed Jun 01, 2022 6:44 pm

Having spent god knows how long looking for this thread due to the lack of a search facility, it seems Mendy's been charged with another rape, making it 8.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61659681
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Jun 01, 2022 8:47 pm

patrickblue wrote:Having spent god knows how long looking for this thread due to the lack of a search facility, it seems Mendy's been charged with another rape, making it 8.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-61659681

The CPS cannot have got this wrong and the cunt is still pleading not guilty. I will be livid if he changes plea at last minute trying to save himself having to do a long stretch.

It'd being a fucking travesty if he's found guilty and they allow his sentences to run concurrently!
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Outcast » Thu Jun 02, 2022 12:41 am

How this c***t is still grabbing headlines is beyond me, like a plague that never disappears
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum