Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Officiating - He Got Away With One There!

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:47 am

salford city wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Forest complained to the FA about the refs in the rag”s game.
Apology incoming.

Guarantee there won't be

Even if there's an apology, what good does it do Forest?

Agree with the sentiment but someone has to hold PIGMOL accountable? The more clubs call out PGMOL the better. That's 2 blatant decisions that the red shite have had at the swamp in two consecutive games. Neither was changed by VAR - that, quite simply, is no coincidence it's cheating pure and simple

I agree 100%. Forest (and any other "cheated" side's) legal team should word their complaint to state that, if the incorrect decision(s) they're getting lead to a loss of revenue (places in the final table, european qualification, relegation, etc), then they will hold PGMOL financially responsible and take suitable action through the courts. Sure the cheating cnuts would think long and hard before their biased decisions then...
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby PeterParker » Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:40 am

Bluemoon4610 wrote:
salford city wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:
nottsblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:Forest complained to the FA about the refs in the rag”s game.
Apology incoming.

Guarantee there won't be

Even if there's an apology, what good does it do Forest?

Agree with the sentiment but someone has to hold PIGMOL accountable? The more clubs call out PGMOL the better. That's 2 blatant decisions that the red shite have had at the swamp in two consecutive games. Neither was changed by VAR - that, quite simply, is no coincidence it's cheating pure and simple

I agree 100%. Forest (and any other "cheated" side's) legal team should word their complaint to state that, if the incorrect decision(s) they're getting lead to a loss of revenue (places in the final table, european qualification, relegation, etc), then they will hold PGMOL financially responsible and take suitable action through the courts. Sure the cheating cnuts would think long and hard before their biased decisions then...

Wonder will they ever make a letter to complain about the decisions they get against the rags and scouse.
oh wait.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Indianablue » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:05 pm

zuricity wrote:
salford city wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
gmercer1 wrote:It’s rotten to the core!
the revelations today from Mike Dean are truly astonishing - not that it happened but that he fessed up!
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/66612570

Smacks of him falling on his sword before it's revealed to me - else why would he say-so? We all know it's bent as fuck but this throws the door wide open

I wonder if he is hoping to take the top job from our Rag friend by coming clean about it ?

Said it came out ages ago, Dean back tracking at a fair rate of knots saying he's not a 'mate' rather a colleague. He knows he's fucked it up and let the cat out of the bag. Simply holding his hands up is not good enough
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby Mase » Tue Aug 29, 2023 2:08 pm

His comments really need to be pushed. If refs are doing mates favours then VAR clearly isn’t going to work.

Another reason we should hear what they’re saying
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby MIAMCFC » Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:11 pm

It’s a League that has to many incidents to be coincidental.
Rashford is a serial diver. Webb is a RAG. It stinks.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:14 am

The new added-time rules in English football are "absurd" and will not be used in European competitions, according to Uefa's chief of football Zvonimir Boban.

England's refereeing body the PGMOL has opted to use longer amounts of stoppage time from this season in order to reduce time-wasting and better account for goal celebrations, substitutions and injuries.

But some players and managers have criticised the move on player welfare grounds.

"It's absolutely absurd," said Boban, who captained Croatia's famous 1998 World Cup team to a third-place finish

"Regarding player welfare, it's some kind of big tragedy because [they] are adding almost 12, 13, 14 minutes.

Matches in England have often been running beyond 100 minutes since the start of the new campaign.

"When you play 60, 65 minutes - I can speak from my experience, especially as a midfielder - when you get tired, it's the last 30 minutes of the game. And then somebody comes and adds another 15 minutes," said Boban.

"How often we have spoken critically about the calendar and too many games. We are not listening to players and coaches [about welfare]. It's crazy! It's too much, so we will not do this. Our guidelines are different."

Uefa's chief refereeing officer Roberto Rosetti backed Boban's comments and added the European football governing body had been working for five years on other solutions to increase the amount of time the ball is in play.

"There is something more important than the accuracy of additional time," Rosetti said. "Why do people like the Champions League so much? Because it's intensive, it's fantastic, the players never stop.

"We tell our referees to speed up the restart of play instead of focusing on stoppage time."

Longer added time was first implemented by Fifa at the most recent editions of the men's and women's World Cup.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:37 am

Howard Webbs first change at VAR.

Fergie Time is back. A throw away line, it’s a nod to previous cheating. CUNTS !

If Webb is cleaning house. It will mean more rag support.
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby salford city » Thu Aug 31, 2023 8:57 am

MIAMCFC wrote:Howard Webbs first change at VAR.

Fergie Time is back. A throw away line, it’s a nod to previous cheating. CUNTS !

We need to be actively calling this out and keeping it at the top of the agenda in the PL. Hazy's comments are not even funny,they are so true. Let's highlight and KEEP HIGHLIGHTING, the assistance that certain teams get, only by us calling it out will it change. Said it earlier in this thread, 2 home games for the red shite, 2 decisions going their way that gained them an additional 4 points. Thats not ineffectual decision making by the onfield referee and offield VAR, that's cheating to order plain and simple
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:10 pm

salford city wrote:
MIAMCFC wrote:Howard Webbs first change at VAR.

We need to be actively calling this out and keeping it at the top of the agenda in the PL. Hazy's comments are not even funny,they are so true. Let's highlight and KEEP HIGHLIGHTING, the assistance that certain teams get, only by us calling it out will it change. Said it earlier in this thread, 2 home games for the red shite, 2 decisions going their way that gained them an additional 4 points. Thats not ineffectual decision making by the onfield referee and offield VAR, that's cheating to order plain and simple

I’ve said loads of time my rag family! So used to the helping hand. Bent as bananas. My eyes do not lie. Rashford dives. Penalty no questions asked!
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby Mase » Tue Sep 05, 2023 9:42 pm

Referees' chief Howard Webb says Manchester City's second goal in their 5-1 win over Fulham on Saturday should not have counted.

City retook the lead through Nathan Ake but Webb believes Manuel Akanji, standing in an offside position, caused goalkeeper Bernd Leno to hesitate.

"It's a clear situation of offside," Webb told Match Officials: Mic'd Up.

This season referees' body the PGMOL and the Premier League are releasing in-game audio from officials.

"From the outset I think this should have been disallowed. It certainly appears Akanji has an impact on the goalkeeper who seems to hesitate," added Webb on the first episode of Match Officials: Mic'd Up, shown on Sky Sports and TNT Sports.

Webb also said the video assistant referee (VAR) should have awarded Wolves a late penalty against Manchester United in the two sides' opening game of the season.

He added that John Brooks' decision to send off Liverpool's Virgil van Dijk against Newcastle was correct.

And Alejandro Garnacho's strike against Arsenal for Manchester United was "rightly disallowed" for offside.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:40 am

The issue here remains that Webb can come out after the game(s) and say this but it doesn't help any team who has suffered as a result. The only way we are going to end the manipulation of games is by having the decisions broadcast as they are being debated and we all know that will never happen so VAR will continue to be used to manipulate the results
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:20 am

salford city wrote:The issue here remains that Webb can come out after the game(s) and say this but it doesn't help any team who has suffered as a result. The only way we are going to end the manipulation of games is by having the decisions broadcast as they are being debated and we all know that will never happen so VAR will continue to be used to manipulate the results

Did he mention Rashfords dive. His history would in any other profession deem him unsuitable for the position. This is the Premier League common sense is not as common as it should be. Or is it under your nose BENT. Rashford Salah Kane, given free passes for years !
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Sep 06, 2023 12:39 pm

MIAMCFC wrote:
salford city wrote:The issue here remains that Webb can come out after the game(s) and say this but it doesn't help any team who has suffered as a result. The only way we are going to end the manipulation of games is by having the decisions broadcast as they are being debated and we all know that will never happen so VAR will continue to be used to manipulate the results

Did he mention Rashfords dive. His history would in any other profession deem him unsuitable for the position. This is the Premier League common sense is not as common as it should be. Or is it under your nose BENT. Rashford Salah Kane, given free passes for years !

Never mentioned their goalies assault either.

The bald cunt will just pick and choose which obvious fuckups he wants to highlight instead of all of them .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby MIAMCFC » Wed Sep 06, 2023 6:04 pm

Howard Webb of BS. I can see him justifying cheating!
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:12 am

Another travesty yesterday: Luton vs Wolves.

Murphy was talking about "apologies" last night at MOTD, but when are they gonna talk about sacking? VAR was terrible, but since Webb took over is a new level of poor, and you don't hear anything about sacking.
Week in and week out something happens.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Sep 24, 2023 9:37 am

PeterParker wrote:Another travesty yesterday: Luton vs Wolves.

Murphy was talking about "apologies" last night at MOTD, but when are they gonna talk about sacking? VAR was terrible, but since Webb took over is a new level of poor, and you don't hear anything about sacking.

Murphy & Lineker still on the "Throat Grab" / "Pep Anger at Rodri" script on MOTD
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby PeterParker » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:54 am

johnny crossan wrote:

Murphy & Lineker still on the "Throat Grab" / "Pep Anger at Rodri" script on MOTD

To be fair, they called out Gibbs White for acting like a prima donna and going down so easily.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:36 am

PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

To be fair, they called out Gibbs White for acting like a prima donna and going down so easily.

It seems to me the MOTD conclusion was the same as most on here. Rodri lost it and acted like a dick, and Gibbs White acted like a girl.
It happened right in front of me, and I didn't really notice the throat thing, it just looked like handbags until Gibbs White did his delayed reaction dive, clutching his head.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby nottsblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:51 am

patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

It seems to me the MOTD conclusion was the same as most on here. Rodri lost it and acted like a dick, and Gibbs White acted like a girl.
It happened right in front of me, and I didn't really notice the throat thing, it just looked like handbags until Gibbs White did his delayed reaction dive, clutching his head.

Was he booked as well?

He actually parks his car outside where I work to get his morning coffee. Illegally I might add and he just laughs when he invariably gets a ticket. I might just go and touch his neck to see if he goes down like a sack of shit that he is.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun Sep 24, 2023 12:04 pm

nottsblue wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
PeterParker wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

Was he booked as well?

He actually parks his car outside where I work to get his morning coffee. Illegally I might add and he just laughs when he invariably gets a ticket. I might just go and touch his neck to see if he goes down like a sack of shit that he is.

Gibbs White was booked.
He got loads of abuse from the stands for the rest of the game too.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum