The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: The Yaya Toure 'Munich' song

Postby twosips » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:13 pm

Not really - it was the more the timing of Yaya's chant if anything.

Munich had been on tele the night before (not the press' fault), and sadly the Yaya chants were VERY loud. Massively audible. Obviously with everyone a little sentimental from the night before then it was bound to reflect more badly. Hardly blame the press then for the outrage it caused. The munich chants were more noticeable than ever before and everyone was up in the air over it (not just the journalists)....just so happened the journalists then felt pressured to comment.

And I don't think that if the munich songs had happened they'd be slating us for anything. In fact, do you not remember the week post the semi-final when they were all saying we were great? We would have got praised for grinding out a result too over Blackburn.

Frustratingly though, 'City fans in Munich chant shame' is a better article and more interesting than 'City edge past Blackburn'.....just the way the world works. They were always gonna lead with that after the game, which is why we really shouldn't give them anything to write about.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:52 pm

Two Sips,
Throughout this debate, you have focussed on the morality of the City fans who sing use this term. Despite many posts linking the hypocrisy of the rags and the press and the immorality of that hypocrisy, you have continued to ignore that important part of the debate. Surely, as the defender of morals that you portray yourself to be, you would also have a view of the rags and media in this publicity game?

Do you believe that is is right for the media to publically castigate City fans for their apparent disrespect of the dead, whilst completely ignoring the worse disrespect shown to their own dead, over many years by the rags themselves?

Do you not think that it is morally wrong of the media to stay silent on this longer term disrespect by the rags for their own dead, by ensuring it has gone largely unreported?

Do you have any opinion as to why the media have chosen this time to voice this criticism of City fans, considering the length of time that City fans have used this term?

To avoid any confusion, this is not a criticism of your view, just a question regarding the balance of your argument. It does seem to be that, you, like the media are happy to express your disgust at City fans, whilst, by your silence, are content to accept the immorality of the rags and media.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby john68 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 3:53 pm

Two Sips,
Throughout this debate, you have focussed on the morality of the City fans who sing use this term. Despite many posts linking the hypocrisy of the rags and the press and the immorality of that hypocrisy, you have continued to ignore that important part of the debate. Surely, as the defender of morals that you portray yourself to be, you would also have a view of the rags and media in this publicity game?

Do you believe that is is right for the media to publically castigate City fans for their apparent disrespect of the dead, whilst completely ignoring the worse disrespect shown to their own dead, over many years by the rags themselves?

Do you not think that it is morally wrong of the media to stay silent on this longer term disrespect by the rags for their own dead, by ensuring it has gone largely unreported?

Do you have any opinion as to why the media have chosen this time to voice this criticism of City fans, considering the length of time that City fans have used this term?

To avoid any confusion, this is not a criticism of your view, just a question regarding the balance of your argument. It does seem to be that, you, like the media are happy to express your disgust at City fans, whilst, by your silence, are content to accept the immorality of the rags and media.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68

Postby ant london » Fri Apr 29, 2011 4:20 pm

As an aside when it comes to a name for "them" I can't stand "The Rags". It's meant to be disparaging but it doesn't bother them in the least....what do we get...Shitty, Citeh, Little City, Massives, Bitters.

Munichs suits them just fine for me
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby bluej » Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:41 pm

ant london wrote:As an aside when it comes to a name for "them" I can't stand "The Rags". It's meant to be disparaging but it doesn't bother them in the least....what do we get...Shitty, Citeh, Little City, Massives, Bitters.

Munichs suits them just fine for me

Says more about them though, the fact that they have a list as long as your arm of names for us, despite us supposedly not meaning anything to them.
bluej
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby saulman » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:58 pm

Mase wrote:
saulman wrote:
Mase wrote:Big well done to Colin Bell for bringing more attention to the situation. Just what we needed mate!
Ah well, at least you've probably lined your pockets with a few quid for doing the interview.

Seriously?

Yes, seriously!
It's the fuckin minority that sing it, or do aeroplane motions. You’re going to have that everywhere, rags with their Hillsborough song, rags again and several other clubs joking about the Leeds Istanbul incident. That’s never going to change whether some ‘legend’ goes to the papers or not.
It’s no coincidence that all this has ‘come to light’ now. I’ve been a season ticket holder since I was about eight years old and have been every season since. It’s been happening since then and I’m sure in another 20 years it’ll still be happening. Nothing will change.

Nah mate, I couldn't give a fuck about the Munich chants, either way. It was the 'lining your pockets' bit I was amazed at. I'm sure the club asked him to say something publicly because he's likely to be the person who'll make the biggest impact. Not that it'll make any difference.
Has the world gone mad, ..............or is it me?
saulman
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby ronk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:36 pm

saulman wrote: Not that it'll make any difference.

Depends on what you mean by a difference. We'll still have that element who wouldn't respond to any level of imploring and they'll do worse things than the Yaya chant. Bell will have a bigger effect on the middle ground, the guys who didn't mean anything and weren't thinking too hard about it, but who don't want to damage the club.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sat Apr 30, 2011 6:16 am

I'm quite irritated by this "Munich song" and "mocking the dead" shite now. It's nothing of the sort.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:17 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm quite irritated by this "Munich song" and "mocking the dead" shite now. It's nothing of the sort.

Don't let the truth get in the way of people's moral crusade.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:27 am

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:I'm quite irritated by this "Munich song" and "mocking the dead" shite now. It's nothing of the sort.

That seems good to me.Now there is no doubt you know how the people who have the opinion that it does feel.
It's all a laff hey.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:50 am

If anyone thinks all this stuff coming out in the media isn't because of how well the team are doing, you really need to have a wobble of the ol' head!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382114/Drunken-soccer-fan-burning-rival-flag-outside-Wembley-policeman.html
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby simon12 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:21 am

Mase wrote:If anyone thinks all this stuff coming out in the media isn't because of how well the team are doing, you really need to have a wobble of the ol' head!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382114/Drunken-soccer-fan-burning-rival-flag-outside-Wembley-policeman.html

What an absolute wanker james tozer is. Can you beleive this wife beating kiddy fiddler feels it ok to jepordise this mans job by intimating he is a copper on the beat. What a complete waste of spunk james tozer is. If you`ve been in anyway connected with the M.O.D you would realise how pissed people get, and journalists wonder why football fans want to kick the living fuck out of them if they could get away with it.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby twosips » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:16 pm

It's the fucking Daily Mail - it's no surprise. They sensationalise EVERYTHING. They would have done the same for any high profile team though, i'm sure.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby The Man In Blue » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:24 pm

ant london wrote:what do we get... Citeh

Always cracks me up what some rag calls us that - even better when the bitter in question isn't from Manc. They really don't get the irony.
The Man In Blue

Postby King Kev » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:06 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:They really don't get the irony.

You're not kidding. It still cracks me up when you see them wearing their gold and green scarves along with a replica shirt!

[strike]Fucking Morons![/strike] Silly billies!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:
ant london wrote:what do we get... Citeh

Always cracks me up what some rag calls us that - even better when the bitter in question isn't from Manc. They really don't get the irony.

Doesn't 'rag' in itself originate from their own fans, too? I think John68 mentioned it earlier in this or another thread.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Two Sips,
Could you answer please?
john68

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:58 pm

Mase wrote:If anyone thinks all this stuff coming out in the media isn't because of how well the team are doing, you really need to have a wobble of the ol' head!

Bit of a joke that article. How the hell has it got to print as its a complete none story. Where are the storys of women and children being attacked by grown men, surely thats more newsworthy?? I mean that 2nd pic of the lad standing there singing, is he meant to be committing some kind of crime by having a beer and having a sing song?? Were we not all guilty of doing this on that day?

My god I’m bricking going to work on Tuesday in case I’m dragged into the bosses office and told that I cheered Yaya goal way too much and my actions have brought the Council into disrepute......
Sister of fu

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby simon12 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:07 pm

twosips wrote:It's the fucking Daily Mail - it's no surprise. They sensationalise EVERYTHING. They would have done the same for any high profile team though, i'm sure.

You`ve actually gone on about how we look bad in the media and them pointing the finger at us calling the munichs, munichs and then say that they sensationalise everything...Fuck me well done.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby john68 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 4:10 pm

You may well be sure they would Two Sips...but the fact is that they haven't ever in the past.
john68

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum