Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:53 pm

Not before time, although the Club should have been doing this long ago.

The very threat of Court Action might concentrate a few media minds.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:04 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Image

Nigelcluelesscunt would tell him to suck it up, as this kind of agenda against him happens to all players from other clubs.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Justified logic » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:45 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Nigelcluelesscunt would tell him to suck it up, as this kind of agenda against him happens to all players from other clubs.

You're thick as pig shit aren't you.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Heres Nigels twin.

Hello nigels twin , are you still licking windows ? are you happy ?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:51 pm

Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

JL. A serious question to you. Do you think it's normal what Raheem has had to suffer from the press.
Can you think of anyone they've picked on to a similar degree in recent years and if the answer is no, can you come up with any logical reason why they would choose him.

Not getting at you mate, just think the treatment of Sterling in particular has been appalling.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:35 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

JL. A serious question to you. Do you think it's normal what Raheem has had to suffer from the press.
Can you think of anyone they've picked on to a similar degree in recent years and if the answer is no, can you come up with any logical reason why they would choose him.

Not getting at you mate, just think the treatment of Sterling in particular has been appalling.

You could take it a stage further IWT and argue, moreover, that the 'treatment' of Sterling is, to some extent, symptomatic of the type of media 'treatment' dished out to City over the years and that this has also been appalling in itself.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby Im_Spartacus » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:25 am

Last player I remember to be targeted quite so cynically as has happened to Sterling was Beckham after the 98 world cup, however that became a national pastime wheras I'm fairly sure the vitriol on Sterling will emanate from journos with scouse sympathies.

Glad he is fighting them - it must be like whack a mole though, and the state of the press here his reaction will probably just make them more desperate to find the dirt on him.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:32 am

As my sig's Chief of Police used to say - 'Show me the man and I'll show you his crime'
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Justified logic » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:50 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

100% agree. The treatment has been absoutely appalling and it is to the credit of the lad that he has been able to take it and now stand up to it. Hopefully, with the support of the City family, these experiences have made him stronger thus having the opposite effect to what the scouse-appealing media intended (I think Im_Spartacus has correctly identified the root of the abuse).

My comment was aimed solely at this carl_feedthegoat character putting fallacious arguments into others' mouths and his liberal use of profanities and insults.

There is no 'agenda' against City. (***Sounds of teeth smashing as knees jerk up into jaws***) There is no organised campaign aimed directly at City. What there is are media and football businesses aiming to maximise their revenues. They do this by pandering to their biggest audiences, which are the recently successful teams with large fan bases - United, Liverpool and Arsenal being chief amongst these, but Chelsea and the other big London club, Spurs, are also included (these businesses being based in London so with a ready supply of London-based pundits and scribblers.) These well supported clubs also have a lot of well-known ex-players with media-friendly TV faces and radio voices and a lot of ex-players and fans who are prepared to scribble about their club and diss upstart clubs such as City. I'm sure there will come a time when City's ex-players and fans litter the media and influence the narrative and the football authorities using the same means. I only hope that they will treat future 'upstart' clubs better than we have been treated.

To sumarise: there is no agenda; there is revenue maximisation.

So, a question that I put out there for anyone caring to answer it: Which generates the most reaction and clicks and hence revenue income - an article dissing City or an article dissing West Brom?
Justified logic

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:22 am

Justified logic wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

100% agree. The treatment has been absoutely appalling and it is to the credit of the lad that he has been able to take it and now stand up to it. Hopefully, with the support of the City family, these experiences have made him stronger thus having the opposite effect to what the scouse-appealing media intended (I think Im_Spartacus has correctly identified the root of the abuse).

My comment was aimed solely at this carl_feedthegoat character putting fallacious arguments into others' mouths and his liberal use of profanities and insults.

There is no 'agenda' against City. (***Sounds of teeth smashing as knees jerk up into jaws***) There is no organised campaign aimed directly at City. What there is are media and football businesses aiming to maximise their revenues. They do this by pandering to their biggest audiences, which are the recently successful teams with large fan bases - United, Liverpool and Arsenal being chief amongst these, but Chelsea and the other big London club, Spurs, are also included (these businesses being based in London so with a ready supply of London-based pundits and scribblers.) These well supported clubs also have a lot of well-known ex-players with media-friendly TV faces and radio voices and a lot of ex-players and fans who are prepared to scribble about their club and diss upstart clubs such as City. I'm sure there will come a time when City's ex-players and fans litter the media and influence the narrative and the football authorities using the same means. I only hope that they will treat future 'upstart' clubs better than we have been treated.

So, a question that I put out there for anyone caring to answer it: Which generates the most reaction and clicks and hence revenue income - an article dissing City or an article dissing West Brom?

Your a muppet....an out and out muppet.

Even one of our own ex players in the media has said there's an agenda but along comes a cunt like you to sit on top of your marshmallow and tell us we are all wrong.You remind me so much of one of these fuckign millenials who have zero commonsense and zero real life experiences.

I shit on small minded people like you.

Muppet.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:40 am

Justified logic wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:JL. A serious question to you. Do you think it's normal what Raheem has had to suffer from the press.

There is no 'agenda' against City. (***Sounds of teeth smashing as knees jerk up into jaws***) There is no organised campaign aimed directly at City.What there is are media and football businesses aiming to maximise their revenues. They do this by pandering to their biggest audiences, which are the recently successful teams with large fan bases - United, Liverpool and Arsenal being chief amongst these, but Chelsea and the other big London club, Spurs, are also included (these businesses being based in London so with a ready supply of London-based pundits and scribblers.) These well supported clubs also have a lot of well-known ex-players with media-friendly TV faces and radio voices and a lot of ex-players and fans who are prepared to scribble about their club and diss upstart clubs such as City. I'm sure there will come a time when City's ex-players and fans litter the media and influence the narrative and the football authorities using the same means. I only hope that they will treat future 'upstart' clubs better than we have been treated.

To summarise: there is no agenda; there is revenue maximisation.

You're fond I know of posting verbatim dictionary definitions but alas you don't appear to be familiar with the meaning of the word 'agenda'. Look it up friend, reflect on "The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group" and then please desist from posting such nonsense as highlighted above.

Anyway moving on, here's today's slice of scurrilous spite from our old friend Jamie Jackson (ex MUTV star) at the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ester-city
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby iwasthere2012 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:28 am

Justified logic wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

The thing is JL everything you describe above is true and I've had this same argument with Ted in the past.
I very much describe that whole package as an agenda.
The real damage is the influence this agenda amongst pundits/press/tv channels have within the governance of the game.
Some would say none. But the likes of Sky and BT to a lesser but more recent extent have influence and use it in subtle and not do subtle ways at every opportunity.

A simple example is the amount of coverage one foul for one club would get compared to worse from another. I really don't need to go and get an individual example as I'm sure you get my point.

I think most of us are quite in agreement but it comes down to semantics as to how you describe it.

I might not go as far as some in thinking there is s conspiracy at all levels against City due to the Arab money thing. But whether all the shitty anti-City decisions are due to an economics cartel protecting strategy or not, in my book it is still an agenda and one that is very much anti-City.
Whether it remains anti-City in the future when we break in, is another debate. Success will breeds success and your right, we will have our own ensconced in the media at some stage. At the moment though our own are barely tolerated and only if they follow the script.

Part of that script at the moment, very subtly, seems to be that every club suffers the same kind of persecution complex. Who are the worst?

More click bait. But a different tact all the same. They know that City fans are questioning everything and I suspect that the club are raising questions behind the scenes also.

Tom-A-to / Tom-a-to. Agenda/Economic policy.
It amounts to the same thing.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Original Dub » Mon Aug 07, 2017 11:55 am

So there is no agenda... then he goes on to explain there is an agenda based on revenue.

And Carl is the one who's as thick as pig shit?

Are we in the twilight zone?
Original Dub

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:05 pm

Original Dub wrote:So there is no agenda... then he goes on to explain there is an agenda based on revenue.

And Carl is the one who's as thick as pig shit?

Are we in the twilight zone?

I piss myself laughing when I read their drivel - justified Is one hilarious cunt , every company and every village has one though - they all give us a laugh .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:28 pm

johnny crossan wrote:You're fond I know of posting verbatim dictionary definitions but alas you don't appear to be familiar with the meaning of the word 'agenda'. Look it up friend, reflect on "The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group" and then please desist from posting such nonsense as highlighted above.

Oh I don't doubt that there are agendas. Each media outlet has its own agenda, which is about maximising its revenue stream - maximising the audience it attracts, some of whom it hopes will be paying, and thus maximising the price it can put on advertising space. What I don't buy into is that there is an overarching agenda, an organised campaign, against specifically City.
Justified logic

Postby Sparklehorse » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:42 pm

I am convinced there's a racist bias against City in the media. A very large percentage of articles written about us are in a negative light. There was also a clear match official bias against us as well particularly last season, most notably surrounding Aguero's ban and UTD's subsequent worse offences going unpunished, namely Rocho, twice !!!
Trevor Sinclair is a decent bloke on the inside and he's right. The outcome for me is that I just want us to win more and enjoy it more when we do !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby london blue 2 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 12:56 pm

Justified logic wrote:

To summarise: their agenda is to belittle Man City and downplay and where possible prevent our progression to maximise their revenue.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:04 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

To summarise: their agenda is to belittle Man City and downplay and where possible prevent our progression to maximise their revenue.

And a large majority of cunts working in the media follow the rags and dippers or have associations with them either as ex players or other . It isn't fucking hard is it ?!?!? a couple on here still believe in tooth fairies maybe ???
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:18 pm

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:You're fond I know of posting verbatim dictionary definitions but alas you don't appear to be familiar with the meaning of the word 'agenda'. Look it up friend, reflect on "The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group" and then please desist from posting such nonsense as highlighted above.

Oh I don't doubt that there are agendas. Each media outlet has its own agenda, which is about maximising its revenue stream - maximising the audience it attracts, some of whom it hopes will be paying, and thus maximising the price it can put on advertising space. What I don't buy into is that there is an overarching agenda, an organised campaign, against specifically City.

It may be helpful for you to think of the institutional and media attacks on City as a 'shared agenda' then. Demonizing us is a prime mechanism for promoting the parasitic media's preferred brands and targeting selected demographic groups. Unfortunately they do this unfairly through outright lies, smears and negative reporting and are encouraged in doing so by their cartel client clubs who see us as a threat to their place at the trough. Institutions like UEFA and the PL, with their associated groups such as Pigmol, set the parameters for the attacks. It's very basic stuff JL, standard commercial practice the world over.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:46 pm

I still haven't got over SKYs involvement in the getting Aguero banned for 5 matches after relentless slow mo footage making an incident looking far worse than it was , also the refereeing decisions against us in both title winning seasons and Clattenburg,s several blatant ridiculous bent decisions against us oh and that rag bald cunt Anthony Taylor v Chelsea last season stopped us in our tracks ......... all of those said bent occurancies happened live on SKY , the power of bent TV and "their" product influencing the outcome to suit "their" product . Where there is big big money there is always corruption in the world we live sadly .
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum