Football Media

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Football Media

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:39 pm

'Merson's PL table prediction'

http://www.skysports.com/share/10973956

1st according to DC. And he has the rags potentially as 5th.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:03 pm

nottsblue wrote:'Merson's PL table prediction'

http://www.skysports.com/share/10973956

1st according to DC. And he has the rags potentially as 5th.

I find it hard to believe Merson is still around.

He always seems to be on the brink of being almost forgotten :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby City64 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:48 pm

Twitter full of Blues wanting the club to ban the Sun newspaper , lots of red and blue scouse supporting city fans outrage of Sterling,s treatment form said scum gutter press.
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:20 pm

Apparently Coutinho wants out of dipperland and into the sunny climes of Barcelona. Funny how it's barely being reported. Perhaps if the dipper cunts in the media don't print it, it won't happen.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby zuricity » Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:30 pm

nottsblue wrote:Apparently Coutinho wants out of dipperland and into the sunny climes of Barcelona. Funny how it's barely being reported. Perhaps if the dipper cunts in the media don't print it, it won't happen.

probably be headline news in the Sun
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby johnny crossan » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:46 pm

johnny crossan wrote:Anyway moving on, here's today's slice of scurrilous spite from our old friend Jamie Jackson (MUTV star) at the Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ester-city

compare and contrast
https://www.theguardian.com/football/bl ... ter-united
another masterpiece by the celebrated author of

Last edited by johnny crossan on Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 07, 2017 9:00 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Anyway moving on, here's today's slice of scurrilous spite from our old friend Jamie Jackson (ex MUTV star) at the Guardian

compare and contrast

Whenever I hear his name I just automatically think 'cunt'!

Won't be clicking.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:01 pm

Anyone watch the BT preview of the season tonight. A quick look at the prospects if every premier league club and input from a journalist, fans , sometimes a manager and a player. Only City had players from other clubs passing comment on City and the 3 they used were P Shmeicl (can't spell the pratt) P Neville and Owen Hargreaves.

What the hell!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby john@staustell » Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:56 am

Sky's website headlines are all about Carragher said this, Rednapp said that, Ian Wright said the other, Souness etc etc.

It's pathetic really
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:20 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Anyone watch the BT preview of the season tonight. A quick look at the prospects if every premier league club and input from a journalist, fans , sometimes a manager and a player. Only City had players from other clubs passing comment on City and the 3 they used were P Shmeicl (can't spell the pratt) P Neville and Owen Hargreaves.

What the hell!

Basically, they couldn't be arsed giving real insight into one of the most exciting teams in the Prem. By doing so, even in the tiniest way, they'd piss off their Rag hordes who they cater for.

With the animosity shown already I'm expecting nothing more than all out attack from the powers that be this season with even worse refereeing decisions than last season.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Justified logic » Tue Aug 08, 2017 6:49 am

johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:You're fond I know of posting verbatim dictionary definitions but alas you don't appear to be familiar with the meaning of the word 'agenda'. Look it up friend, reflect on "The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group" and then please desist from posting such nonsense as highlighted above.

Oh I don't doubt that there are agendas. Each media outlet has its own agenda, which is about maximising its revenue stream - maximising the audience it attracts, some of whom it hopes will be paying, and thus maximising the price it can put on advertising space. What I don't buy into is that there is an overarching agenda, an organised campaign, against specifically City.

It may be helpful for you to think of the institutional and media attacks on City as a 'shared agenda' then. Demonizing us is a prime mechanism for promoting the parasitic media's preferred brands and targeting selected demographic groups. Unfortunately they do this unfairly through outright lies, smears and negative reporting and are encouraged in doing so by their cartel client clubs who see us as a threat to their place at the trough. Institutions like UEFA and the PL, with their associated groups such as Pigmol, set the parameters for the attacks. It's very basic stuff JL, standard commercial practice the world over.

Maybe you're right JC. ;)

Business is business.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:30 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:Anyway moving on, here's today's slice of scurrilous spite from our old friend Jamie Jackson (ex MUTV star) at the Guardian

compare and contrast

Won't be clicking.

Lots of arse-licking but the truth revealed by this Maureen quotation:

'Mourinho was open about the Catalan club and Real being on a different level to his side. The manager stated it is up to him to stymie the two Spanish giants with clever strategy'. Contrast to Pep's approach.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:44 am

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

compare and contrast

Won't be clicking.

'Mourinho was open about the Catalan club and Real being on a different level to his side. The manager stated it is up to him to stymie the two Spanish giants with clever strategy'. Contrast to Pep's approach.

'Clever Strategy' as in 'Park The Bus'!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:01 am

Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:You're fond I know of posting verbatim dictionary definitions but alas you don't appear to be familiar with the meaning of the word 'agenda'. Look it up friend, reflect on "The underlying intentions or motives of a particular person or group" and then please desist from posting such nonsense as highlighted above.

Oh I don't doubt that there are agendas. Each media outlet has its own agenda, which is about maximising its revenue stream - maximising the audience it attracts, some of whom it hopes will be paying, and thus maximising the price it can put on advertising space. What I don't buy into is that there is an overarching agenda, an organised campaign, against specifically City.

It may be helpful for you to think of the institutional and media attacks on City as a 'shared agenda' then. Demonizing us is a prime mechanism for promoting the parasitic media's preferred brands and targeting selected demographic groups. Unfortunately they do this unfairly through outright lies, smears and negative reporting and are encouraged in doing so by their cartel client clubs who see us as a threat to their place at the trough. Institutions like UEFA and the PL, with their associated groups such as Pigmol, set the parameters for the attacks. It's very basic stuff JL, standard commercial practice the world over.

Business is business.

Like I said JL. Semantics! I think you are basically on the same page as the rest of us but possibly you see all the different pieces of the jigsaw but don't put them together as one single picture.

I think JC has put it very succinctly. It all comes together as something that has a profound negative effect on City.
It is accommodated by all the individual participants for whatever their individual reasons and how they profit from it.

Individual agendas or one big agenda doesn't matter. Currently the agenda is anti-City.

Prolonged success is the only way to break the cartel. Money follows money.
I think this year is going to be huge for us. We have to start breaking Champions League. Whether we like it or not FFP bought the likes of The Rags, time.
We had a chance to bury them but we haven't managed to. Why? They had a little help off field, let's say. Everyone played their part in what amounts to a war going on. Every bit of influence they have is being exercised.

We have to get it right this year or it will only get harder, in my opinion, to cement our place at the top table.
Because of the competition for top four, the stakes are highest in the PL. The other leagues are sown up as far as CL places go.
PSG are going balls deep for progression in the CL. I think we have to progress to the semis at least, but really need to be making a final to up our profile.
We will be hampered domestically at every opportunity.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:08 am

iwasthere2012 wrote:
Justified logic wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Justified logic wrote:

Business is business.

Like I said JL. Semantics! I think you are basically on the same page as the rest of us but possibly you see all the different pieces of the jigsaw but don't put them together as one single picture.

I think JC has put it very succinctly. It all comes together as something that has a profound negative effect on City.
It is accommodated by all the individual participants for whatever their individual reasons and how they profit from it.

Individual agendas or one big agenda doesn't matter. Currently the agenda is anti-City.

Prolonged success is the only way to break the cartel. Money follows money.
I think this year is going to be huge for us. We have to start breaking Champions League. Whether we like it or not FFP bought the likes of The Rags, time.
We had a chance to bury them but we haven't managed to. Why? They had a little help off field, let's say. Everyone played their part in what amounts to a war going on. Every bit of influence they have is being exercised.

We have to get it right this year or it will only get harder, in my opinion, to cement our place at the top table.
Because of the competition for top four, the stakes are highest in the PL. The other leagues are sown up as far as CL places go.
PSG are going balls deep for progression in the CL. I think we have to progress to the semis at least, but really need to be making a final to up our profile.
We will be hampered domestically at every opportunity.

You are too polite so I have to wade in ....again....Id suggest he carries on making himself look a tit, its giving us something to laugh at - snowflakes like him do not look left and right , blinkered...cannot change their mindsets due to the drugs that they take.

An agenda is a fuckign agenda and this tit obviously does not know the meaning of the word...its been explained to him on so many pages - at the end of the day you just have to chuckle and carry on walking.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:10 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Anyone watch the BT preview of the season tonight. A quick look at the prospects if every premier league club and input from a journalist, fans , sometimes a manager and a player. Only City had players from other clubs passing comment on City and the 3 they used were P Shmeicl (can't spell the pratt) P Neville and Owen Hargreaves.

What the hell!

Basically, they couldn't be arsed giving real insight into one of the most exciting teams in the Prem. By doing so, even in the tiniest way, they'd piss off their Rag hordes who they cater for.

With the animosity shown already I'm expecting nothing more than all out attack from the powers that be this season with even worse refereeing decisions than last season.

That'll take some doing !
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:18 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:

compare and contrast

Won't be clicking.

Not forgetting 'Hoof it long' as well.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:22 am

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

Not forgetting 'Hoof it long' as well.

While Pogba masterfully orchestrates it all from the centre circle ....... Like an air traffic controller.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Sideshow Bob » Tue Aug 08, 2017 12:11 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

What the hell!

media want to pretend we dont exist. they shut their eyes and cover their ears like f*cking toddlers.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:29 pm

On "The Debate" from Sky and Jamie Carragher repeats three different bits of information about us that are not accurate. Both came as he and Jamie Redkappp were discussing young players not getting chances within Chelsea, which turned into a rant by both about this in general after the host quoted Conte saying you have to buy expensive players.

1) This then led to commenting on us as having the same problem, "because of the manager"

2) He claims that Pep said "a few weeks ago" that young players are not good enough and "have to have more patience." He then says, "No! You don't have patience as a young player!"

3) He then says "I think there are a couple of players at Man City that are refusing to sign contracts because they're not with the first team and that is a major problem for him."

So with 1, he's wrong because Pellegrini did the same thing, and was clearly even less interested in young players because he was under even more pressure to win games now than Pep, which is a fundamental issue that they touch on, but somehow spend zero time really portraying the other point of view. Why? Of course, because both pundits are England fans over almost any club other than their own, and are coming from an angle that they want to see England players succeed over anyone else, as much of the discussion revolved around English young players (Delle Ali & Loftus-Cheek). Of course, there is no discussion of treatment of Luke Shaw, and we we get no real acknowledgement of why big clubs might be reluctant to give young players chances when the stakes are so high. And we are supposed to believe that they are "objective?" LOL

With 2, I can't find the quote or other take on Pep's words, other than what he said in February and May about this, but I thought I read or heard (possibly on a 93:20 podcast) how these words were taken out of context, and put into a dramatic headline that if you didn't pay close attention to would just take at face value. What did Carragher do? Exactly that, and not only is this lazy, but a source of propaganda that further hurts our reputation (especially where Sky is broadcast, but I got it online, so to other fans as well), even if he doesn't consciously mean it.

With 3 this is an example of the same problem. He honestly sounds like he actually just doesn't know what he is talking about, is talking out of his arse, and effectively is lazy because we all know it is only Sancho that hasn't signed a new deal, and it isn't really because he didn't go with the first team. That came after he already refused to sign a contract! The other possible explanation is how this shows how biased Carragher is. I'm not saying he isn't biased, of course he is, but watching it I take it mostly as lazy and what is most maddening is other ill informed fans watch this and hear these lies said again and take it further as truth.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum