mendy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mendy

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:32 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Indianablue wrote:He'll get off. Witnesses sound like gold diggers in the same mould as Amber Turd

I'm sure a large sum compensation will help them get over their ordeal.

The system is there to protect genuine victims not exploited by gold diggers.

It's shambles from all parties, unfortunately our club is now being dragged into it. Hope they all drop dead.

My worry is what will happen when he does get off.
I sincerely hope Pep hasn't any ideas about playing him.

He’ll have been getting paid while the club has suspended him. You can’t just not pay someone before they’ve been found guilty or not guilty.

He’s in his last year so it’s likely we’ll pay off the remaining months and he’ll go back to France or another European country. No way he plays in England again.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:48 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Outcast wrote:
Indianablue wrote:He'll get off. Witnesses sound like gold diggers in the same mould as Amber Turd

I'm sure a large sum compensation will help them get over their ordeal.

The system is there to protect genuine victims not exploited by gold diggers.

It's shambles from all parties, unfortunately our club is now being dragged into it. Hope they all drop dead.

My worry is what will happen when he does get off.
I sincerely hope Pep hasn't any ideas about playing him.

He’ll have been getting paid while the club has suspended him. You can’t just not pay someone before they’ve been found guilty or not guilty.

He’s in his last year so it’s likely we’ll pay off the remaining months and he’ll go back to France or another European country. No way he plays in England again.

The key decision was not to suspend him until August last year, after playing in our first two games and twelve months after he was first accused and arrested in 2020. It's a very contentious area of employment law and other clubs have acted differently. My wife, who worked for ACAS as conciliator and my friend, who is a High Court judge both think City were correct not to suspend him but you can be sure we'll will get a good kicking by the haters,
Last edited by johnny crossan on Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:57 pm

johnny crossan wrote:The key decision was not to suspend him until August last year, after playing in our first two games and twelve months after he was first charged and remanded on bail. It's a very contentious area of employment law and other clubs have acted differently. My wife, who worked for ACAS as conciliator and my friend, who is a High Court judge both think City were correct not to suspend him but you can be sure we'll will get a good kicking by the haters,

Yeah I agree. Looks like the club have got it spot on so far.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby johnny crossan » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:01 pm

Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:The key decision was not to suspend him until August last year, after playing in our first two games and nearly twelve months after he was first accused and arrested in 2020. It's a very contentious area of employment law and other clubs have acted differently. My wife, who worked for ACAS as conciliator and my friend, who is a High Court judge both think City were correct not to suspend him but you can be sure we'll will get a good kicking by the haters,

my original post has been edited as above
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:08 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:The key decision was not to suspend him until August last year, after playing in our first two games and nearly twelve months after he was first accused and arrested in 2020. It's a very contentious area of employment law and other clubs have acted differently. My wife, who worked for ACAS as conciliator and my friend, who is a High Court judge both think City were correct not to suspend him but you can be sure we'll will get a good kicking by the haters,

TBH, when I say I'm worried about what happens when/if he gets off, it's purely from a football perspective. Employment wise, if he's found innocent he should be able to continue where he left off.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:17 pm

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

TBH, when I say I'm worried about what happens when/if he gets off, it's purely from a football perspective. Employment wise, if he's found innocent he should be able to continue where he left off.

He will never play for man City again and if he does I’ll be disgusted , innocent or not.

He was a fucking shit footballer before and will be even shittier now .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby zuricity » Sun Aug 28, 2022 2:25 pm

patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

only if his contract hasn't run out. However, i suspect the events taken place are probably enough for City to be able to terminate his contract.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby patrickblue » Sun Aug 28, 2022 3:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:
Mase wrote:

He will never play for man City again and if he does I’ll be disgusted , innocent or not.

He was a fucking shit footballer before and will be even shittier now .

That's what I was saying in less forthright terminology.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Nickyboy » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:15 pm

I've noticed some very biased commenting on the case by the media. When there are aspects or headlines that make Mendy look bad they're front and Centre, on days when the accusers look bad (like the fact they lied about already knowing each other and they're joked about going out to shag a footballer) you wouldn't know there was a trial on those days.

I'm not sure if he's guilty or not but everyone should be entitled to equal reporting
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Mase » Sun Aug 28, 2022 4:17 pm

Nickyboy wrote:I've noticed some very biased commenting on the case by the media. When there are aspects or headlines that make Mendy look bad they're front and Centre, on days when the accusers look bad (like the fact they lied about already knowing each other and they're joked about going out to shag a footballer) you wouldn't know there was a trial on those days.

I'm not sure if he's guilty or not but everyone should be entitled to equal reporting

Sickening really. I know people that still think Ched Evans is guilty of rape because it was barely reported once he was found not guilty.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby sheblue » Sun Aug 28, 2022 9:53 pm

From what I've read mendy is innocent and was taken for a right sucker. But he brought it on himself with his 'lifestyle'.

Anyway if acquitted do we have to take him back.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Tokyo Blue » Mon Aug 29, 2022 12:23 am

sheblue wrote:From what I've read mendy is innocent and was taken for a right sucker. But he brought it on himself with his 'lifestyle'.

If he is acquitted, I would pay him his contract in full and tell him to find another club - if I were City.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby CTID Hants » Mon Aug 29, 2022 2:03 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:
sheblue wrote:From what I've read mendy is innocent and was taken for a right sucker. But he brought it on himself with his 'lifestyle'.

If he is acquitted, I would pay him his contract in full and tell him to find another club - if I were City.

I agree Tokyo, he has sailed too close to the wind even if he is innocent with his antics.

Regardless of the outcome he was pretty shite before all of this.....
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:16 am

Mase wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:I've noticed some very biased commenting on the case by the media. When there are aspects or headlines that make Mendy look bad they're front and Centre, on days when the accusers look bad (like the fact they lied about already knowing each other and they're joked about going out to shag a footballer) you wouldn't know there was a trial on those days.

Sickening really. I know people that still think Ched Evans is guilty of rape because it was barely reported once he was found not guilty.

The Ched Evans situation was fucking ridiculous. At the moment it's hard to have a lot of sympathy for Mendy, though so far we have:

1: admitting to joking about shagging a footballer beforehand
2: lady who claims she was raped, yet hours later there was footage of her in a nightclub grinding against him, and she also went back to the house 2 days later
3: Lady who claims he stole her phone at the pool, so she followed him all the way up the stairs to the bedroom

There's probably too much smoke for him to dodge this, but it wouldn't surprise me if the jury are having some serious questions about what the fuck is going on right now.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Outcast » Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:31 am

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

The Ched Evans situation was fucking ridiculous. At the moment it's hard to have a lot of sympathy for Mendy, though so far we have:

2: lady who claims she was raped, yet hours later there was footage of her in a nightclub grinding against him, and she also went back to the house 2 days later
3: Lady who claims he stole her phone at the pool, so she followed him all the way up the stairs to the bedroom

There's probably too much smoke for him to dodge this, but it wouldn't surprise me if the jury are having some serious questions about what the fuck is going on right now.

He's a grade A prick, I wouldn't call them gold digging parasites 'ladies'!
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Dubciteh » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:07 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
Mase wrote:

I was 100percent sure ched was innocent. I am nowhere near as certain with mendy, it doesnt look good for him to be honest.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID

Postby john@staustell » Wed Aug 31, 2022 12:37 pm

A top barrister - if you have the money - can convince any jury that black is white. And the crown rarely uses - to my knowledge - top money barristers. Fair guess that Mendy has/had lots of dosh.

So probably better wait until all the dust has settled.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Indianablue » Sat Sep 03, 2022 5:09 pm

Breakaway goal on the cards here. Ashley Young top shit house is on
Indianablue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Francis Lee

Postby nottsblue » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:13 pm

'Mendy found not guilty of one count of rape'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12696479
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Scatman » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:23 pm

Thankfully I know very little about this kind of thing so...

Is it a regular occurrence for the judge to decide the verdict and not the jury?
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum