Mangala at last?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mangala at last?

Postby phips » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:08 pm

PeterParker wrote:This sounds like a poor business for us financialy, but the type of transfer Porto would do.

it is a ridiculous sum. 2nd most expensive defender behind Luiz.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby twosips » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:08 pm

Chuffed. I'd honestly make Sagna our fourth centre back. He was good there for Arsenal and has more pace and composure than Boyata or Nastasic.

Though i'm sure either Nastasic or Boyata would be a fuck load better alongside a defender who actually knew what he was doing (VK/MDM basically - don't expect the new lad to be a leader until he's fully settled)... So not too bad overall.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:22 pm

Wonderwall wrote:Port stated they received £24,500,000 for their 57% stake which means is cost 43 overall

It was € 30,500,000 for 56.67% which according to google is £23,957,663.00

http://web3.cmvm.pt/sdi2004/emitentes/docs/FR51732.pdf
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby aaron bond » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:25 pm

The reported fee is quite high, but after letting Lescott go we urgently needed to get another very good defender in. Furthermore, Mangala appears to have the attributes in line with what Pellegrini requires.

He'll need some time to adjust to the Premier League, but am looking forward to seeing him and Kompany paired together. Hopefully Demichelis maintains his form from the last 6 weeks of last season and the World Cup.

I still think we need a good 4th choice centre back, but Sagna can be that option for now.

Boyata has just signed a new deal so he'll be with us until at least January, but hopefully we can ditch Nastasic in the next couple of weeks so we don't have to suffer watching him any longer.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:32 pm

Garay another part ownership deal. I think Real owned 50 per cent actually.

I'm amazed how fussed people get about how much we pay for this or that player. It's not our money FFS. The only thing that ought to matter to us is does this player perform on the pitch consistently and to the required standard. Mangala has all the ingredients; power pace and a good jump on him. Where he will improve is on judgement; when to nip in and pinch the ball and when not etc. if at the end of the season he is playing poorly and showing no signs of an upward curve then people are entitled to call into question the club's judgement. Till then I hope we put a sock in this sour faced grumbling about the price. Just thank the lucky stars we have owners prepared to invest so handsomely in our Club.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 4:49 pm

The going rate for a young, world sought after cb, is loads of fucking money, end of. It's the 2nd 3rd & 4th class ones who go cheap. We have so far tried, Boateng, Savic & Nastasic & not found one who can play in the Prem. They are ok poncing around in their football, but as soon as a half decent corner comes in, they are fucked.

Garay has been available for fucking ages, the rags watched him for two years & never put a bid in. Nobody else from the Prem has tried to sign him up even at a bargain price, in spite of him playing in full view of everybody & a known player for several years. That is the case with most of these so called 'bargains' we could have picked up. Everyone else is looking for central defenders, yet none are signing them. Why ?

If Managala was available fucking cheap, then we would probably not get to sign him, Barca or Real Madrid would hoover him up or every club in Europe would enter a bidding war, which would end with us paying shitloads of money, because that's what it costs.

Roma star Mehdi Benatia is free to go, but will cost Manchester United or Chelsea £49.6m
MANCHESTER UNITED and Chelsea have been handed a major transfer boost after learning Morocco star Mehdi Benatia is for sale - at the right price.

Having initially slammed speculation over the pursuit of his coveted centre-half, Roma director of football Walter Sabatini admitted that every player has a price.

Sabatini said: "I believe that Mehdi has been influenced by his agent. He speaks of €30m (£24.4m), so we need at least €60 maybe even €61.

"Anyone who wants Benatia will have to pay €61 (£49.6m)."

He is 27 years old.

As for signing Hummels instead, that's a bit like saying let's sign Lambert to replace Aguero.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby JamieMCFC » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:02 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
PeterParker wrote:This sounds like a poor business for us financialy, but the type of transfer Porto would do.

I am not happy at all, as i said, Subotic or Hummels would had been available for this amount of cash.

Or Ezequiel Garay for a bit less ??

Garay has signed for Zenit this summer for €6M which was a steal IMHO,him and MDM were solid at the WC.

How the fuck did they pull that off? Something dodgy going on there methinks.

That's because there is third party ownership involved. So we would have had to pay more for him. Benfica only owned 40% and there were to other owners. People need to fucking research before they just throw names out there. It took me all of 20 fucking seconds to find that out.
JamieMCFC
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 5:18 pm

I'm calling bollocks on the 40 odd million quid stories. They've put pound signs where there should be Euro signs.

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague ... to+Marcano

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:07 pm

Let's face it, we needed a CB and this guy is what the club thinks we need. Regardless of cost we should all be looking forward to see him in the flesh.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:16 pm

phips wrote:

yr a ridiculous poster. Doesn't stop the inevitable.

Let's see how he plays before we judge, shall we?

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby twosips » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:21 pm

Dunno how to embed tweets... but here ya go.

https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/stat ... 9887088640

and

https://twitter.com/MirrorAnderson/stat ... 5333354496

"City insist £31.9m is total"

That's not too bad is it?
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby MilnersJaw » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:35 pm

didn't porto make him sign a new deal a while back just to try his cost us because we were interested in him?
Still here.
MilnersJaw
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silver

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:47 pm

MilnersJaw wrote:didn't porto make him sign a new deal a while back just to try his cost us because we were interested in him?

You're thinking of Fernando last New Year I think.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby blues2win » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:54 pm

Excellent post Beefy
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 11, 2014 6:57 pm

phips wrote:

4th most expensive behind Luiz, Silva and Wio.

Time will be the judge of how ridiculous or otherwise the sum is.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Mon Aug 11, 2014 7:00 pm

JamieMCFC wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
lets all have a disco wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:

I am not happy at all, as i said, Subotic or Hummels would had been available for this amount of cash.

Or Ezequiel Garay for a bit less ??

Garay has signed for Zenit this summer for €6M which was a steal IMHO,him and MDM were solid at the WC.

How the fuck did they pull that off? Something dodgy going on there methinks.

That's because there is third party ownership involved. So we would have had to pay more for him. Benfica only owned 40% and there were to other owners. People need to fucking research before they just throw names out there. It took me all of 20 fucking seconds to find that out.

Thanks for doing the research Jamie. Any idea of the total cost to Zenit? can't be arsed researching it ;)
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:23 pm

twosips wrote:Dunno how to embed tweets... but here ya go.

and

That's my take on it as well - we quote Porto a sum for the player in total then leave it to them to sort out their negotiations with 3rd party owner(s) - fits in nicely with the 'hacked' video of him on our official site too.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:48 pm

and

There's a lot of still-hurting scousers tweeting replies in those links trying to imply its a dodgy deal, based on half a story in a tabloid. Forget it lads, the rest was paid in hub caps.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 11, 2014 10:35 pm

Hutch's Shoulder wrote:

and

There's a lot of still-hurting scousers tweeting replies in those links trying to imply its a dodgy deal, based on half a story in a tabloid. Forget it lads, the rest was paid in hub caps.

What will be excruciatingly painful for them, & hilarious for us, will be when City's accounts are published in the coming years & they realise that we generate shitloads more money than they do, getting worse for them each year, then it suddenly dawns on them that all they have achieved, is rescuing the rags, to take their place in the Premier League pecking order & outbid them in the transfer market.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby bigblue » Tue Aug 12, 2014 1:54 am

we could now see a lineup with 5 bald black blokes, all in CB and CM

...plus Big Willy and (partially) Pab Zabs, we could have one of the most follicly challenged lineups in history
bigblue
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Manchester's Only
My favourite player is: Yaya

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum