****The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum****.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ****The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum****.

Postby Original Dub » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:15 pm

london blue 2 wrote:I think we can still get 3rd

Very Good
Original Dub

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:18 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Very Good

It felt good.. try it.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Green & Blue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:20 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very Good

It felt good.. try it.

I think we can still get turd
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:21 pm

hyper wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
avoidconfusion wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:WE HAVE A MASSIVE AMOUNT OF CREATIVITY MISSING IN MIDFIELD IT'S SHOCKING.

Hit the nail on the head there. Our midfield is simply not good enough.

its clear we need a gerrard, arteta, alonso, fabregas, carrick?, lampard, iniesta, xavi, modric, milner?, fucking bullard type player in our midfield!!!

De Jong - what is the point of having this man in the set up?

Can someone tell me what he brings to the fucking table?

Facial hair?

Pubic hair?
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Beanieboy » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:23 pm

Green & Blue wrote:
london blue 2 wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Very Good

It felt good.. try it.

I think we can still get turd

i thought we already got him from blackburn when Les was still around?.....
Beanieboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby citytilidie » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:36 pm

does mancini get a touch line ban now ??
It's better to regret something you did than something you didn't.
citytilidie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Postby london blue 2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:37 pm

citytilidie wrote:does mancini get a touch line ban now ??

get beanie in!
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Craig B » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:45 pm

citytilidie wrote:does mancini get a touch line ban now ??

Not a problem if he does - we've got Bryan Kidd after all!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Blue2 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:12 pm

Good first 30 mins, but as soon as they scored it was game over, we were headless chickens afetr that , total lack of composure.
Blue2
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Hanging
My favourite player is: Aguerooooooooooooooo

Postby Beefymcfc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:59 pm

gilford wrote:Makes what gollum said in the paper today make a lot more sense, we lack team spirit, have done for years.

And he is exactly right, and that's not down to the players or manager, it's down to time.

Anyway, sorry to go against the grain but apart from the poor defending for the first, I thought we out-played, out-smarted and out-muscled them in the first half. The only problem was the ball didn't either drop for Tevez or it just seemed to be one to many touches. I actually thought Tevez had to very good penalty shouts, both from Tim Howard.

In the second the lads got more and more frustrated and Everton just sat back and tried hitting us on the break, which eventually led to their second and the end of the game.

It's not all lost and I'll be glad to see Ade back up their with Carlos as I think we have seriously missed the boys presence.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Redna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:48 am

Dissapointing night to say the least. Spells of good play combined with impotent, stagnant football .
The major thing that sinked us was the extremely bad first touch of almost all players.
I lost count on the occasions where we lost the ball or was forced to make a panic pass due to the first touch.
I've seen this in a lot of games this season.
Even Tevez struggeld with his first touch and when your best player struggles you know you're in for troubble.
Wigan next, pheew!
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:33 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
gilford wrote:Makes what gollum said in the paper today make a lot more sense, we lack team spirit, have done for years.

And he is exactly right, and that's not down to the players or manager, it's down to time.

Anyway, sorry to go against the grain but apart from the poor defending for the first, I thought we out-played, out-smarted and out-muscled them in the first half. The only problem was the ball didn't either drop for Tevez or it just seemed to be one to many touches. I actually thought Tevez had to very good penalty shouts, both from Tim Howard.

In the second the lads got more and more frustrated and Everton just sat back and tried hitting us on the break, which eventually led to their second and the end of the game.

It's not all lost and I'll be glad to see Ade back up their with Carlos as I think we have seriously missed the boys presence.

Still can't help myself to calm down, so just a few lines before I shut up myself and devote to reading the board only. I'll better do so in order to avoid any possible wind up due to my terrible mood.

Yes, it's never all black or white; yes, the ref. was a cunt and so on....

Nonetheless, yesterday there was only one which fully succeed: the IMMENSE CROWD, You can't get a better support.
For the rest:
1) Manager: very disappointing. Choosed to change a winning formula (and the most logic for the specific tie) to give Ireland a chance. I hoped it was because he saw improvements, but doesn't. Definitely the last game to make experiments. When started to apply plan B, he began by getting in the only other man who's currently out of form: a tactical mistake too, as 2 wingers were already on the pitch and tevez was missing a target man.
I read possible concerns about RSC and PV fitness/tiredness: maybe, but it went unnoticed when both entered the game. Still I would had preferred to start them, help GB to boss the midfield, get the lead and then rest who needed.

2)Players: great starting spirit and winning attitude, top committment (including SI). Though, set piece at their first score was a joke! No one covering the top of the box, as soon as carlito realized that and rushed at the ball, the egg was already frying!
Second half: only great balls but no cool brain.

I am a great fan of our manager and if I dare criticize him is because I am convinced that there are very few persons who know football better than him: so that I expect always the best from him.
I hope I'll never see again him putting the desire of being loved by the City Fans ahead proper technical/tactical issues, imo.

That said and hoping that hammer blow won't affect the very good confidence and playing attitude the players had gained with recent performances, nothing is lost and the rivals will have their bad times too. Just a great chance missed.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:08 am

We set up to match Everton. Everton scored from a set piece. That's what they do if you play their game. I said beforehand the way to play them is to play your own game & make them deal with it or they'll be better than us & score from a set piece. Instead, we changed our whole game to suit them, on our own pitch. Which genuine top 4 sides do that at home to Everton?

I don't mind this tactical pissing about if the idea is to train the team to play different ways for the future BUT IT'S NOT! That changed when the last manager was sacked. This team will be broken up either by Mancini or Mourinho so the only target is to get 4th place. We needed to attack & we needed physical strength in the team to achieve that, as we don't have Barcelona's midfield.

The team selection was based on a formation & players picked to suit it. There was no plan behind our attacks & we made it easy for Everton to defend. The formation seemed to be more important than any plan as to what it would actually do to score a goal. There was never a liklihood that it would work against that team & we ended up with pressurised defenders or Given, smacking the ball up to RSC who was still on the bench. In games like that people may think we're playing a tight game & it's going ok BUT EVERTON ARE GOING TO SCORE FROM A SET PIECE IF YOU DON'T DOMINATE THEM. I was sat with my head in my fucking hands waiting for it.

The fact SWP then came on for Ireland showed how Mancini's mind was working; he was playing the game on paper, not on the pitch. Where was Shaun going to go? His asset is running with the ball but it was clear there were no spaces to run into. It was still about matching Everton. That meant the only bloke who may unlock Everton with a cross would be going off at the time the bloke he'd be crossing to was coming on. Absolute shit. When RSC came on, we dominated but by then we had to leave gaps & there was always a danger they'd score. Then Mancini showed he'd been completey buttfucked by Moyes by his reaction at the end.

I've not seen the wheels come off a manager like that for a long long time & it was embarrassing tactically & personally. Only 2 words for that performance; Alan Ball.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Redna » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:36 am

We don't cross the ball.
There were severall occasions yesterday when a good cross could have opened up the tight EFC defence
but we repeatedly tried to do neat passing in an overcrowded area just for Everton to intercept sooner rather then later.
Crosses is the answer to our stalement.
CTID!!
"A man's gotta do what his women says"
Redna
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Gods own
My favourite player is: Ron Jeremy

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Mar 25, 2010 9:54 am

Redna wrote:We don't cross the ball.
There were severall occasions yesterday when a good cross could have opened up the tight EFC defence
but we repeatedly tried to do neat passing in an overcrowded area just for Everton to intercept sooner rather then later.
Crosses is the answer to our stalement.
CTID!!

You are singing from the same hymn sheet as me brother! Just posted the same thing on another thread.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Re: The official Match Thread Man city v Gollum.

Postby brian m » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:58 am

The Man In Blue wrote:This is a HUGE game for so many reasons. I'll leave the obvious top four connotations as we have debated them ad infinitum over the last few days.

Lets focus on something else. PRIDE. The scouse bastards really dented this for me at their shed of a stadium, and the pride of Manchester City F.C needs to be avenged.

This hypocritical fuckwit of a manager. Where to start with him? Read some of the gibberish he has been spouting this morning, "they don't know what is means to play for City". You what fucko? didn't know you were so close to our playing staff - oh right, you are not, you are just a lying, thuggish, jealous HYPOCRITE. This is the same cunt who told Wenger he should "Only talk about his own team". Short memory eh you goggle-eyed twat.

COME ON CITY, LETS SHOVE MOYES' BULLSHIT RIGHT BACK DOWN HIS THROAT, REVENGE OURSELVES ON THE SCOUSE URCHINS AND GRAB THAT TOP FOUR PLACE!!

WE ARE SHITY, WE ARE SHITY...

when i read this a few days ago I nearly pissed my CK boxers. I had planned to write a typical rant after we smashed your overvalued and vastly over rated bunch of money grabbing mercenaries all over the place.....however I think that the muppet that posted this has just about made you look like the idiots you are haha. Quality !
Joleon lescott £24 million
Seeing the crippled mutant sitting , in the stands, head in hands everytime we meet and easily destroy you.......fucking priceless

lesson: you cannot but passion

2-0 and we spent fuck all
champions league?....you're having a fucking laugh hahaha.

Anyhow, ill always have this post to reflect on everytime i feel a little down, it lets me know that there are people a lot worse off than me haha.

good day you sad bitter bastards hahahahaha
brian m
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: BLUES

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:02 am

brian m wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:This is a HUGE game for so many reasons. I'll leave the obvious top four connotations as we have debated them ad infinitum over the last few days.

Lets focus on something else. PRIDE. The scouse bastards really dented this for me at their shed of a stadium, and the pride of Manchester City F.C needs to be avenged.

This hypocritical fuckwit of a manager. Where to start with him? Read some of the gibberish he has been spouting this morning, "they don't know what is means to play for City". You what fucko? didn't know you were so close to our playing staff - oh right, you are not, you are just a lying, thuggish, jealous HYPOCRITE. This is the same cunt who told Wenger he should "Only talk about his own team". Short memory eh you goggle-eyed twat.

COME ON CITY, LETS SHOVE MOYES' BULLSHIT RIGHT BACK DOWN HIS THROAT, REVENGE OURSELVES ON THE SCOUSE URCHINS AND GRAB THAT TOP FOUR PLACE!!

when i read this a few days ago I nearly pissed my CK boxers. I had planned to write a typical rant after we smashed your overvalued and vastly over rated bunch of money grabbing mercenaries all over the place.....however I think that the muppet that posted this has just about made you look like the idiots you are haha. Quality !
Seeing the crippled mutant sitting , in the stands, head in hands everytime we meet and easily destroy you.......fucking priceless

Anyhow, ill always have this post to reflect on everytime i feel a little down, it lets me know that there are people a lot worse off than me haha.

2-0 in your cup final brian. Good luck in the run for a Europa spot whilst us mercenaries will be dining at the top table with the other mercenaries like Barca, real madrid, munich, chelsea.....

Enjoy your brief moment of success, and you call us bitter ha ha, you classless, clueless tool.
Wonderwall

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby aaron bond » Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:09 am

Wonderwall wrote:
brian m wrote:

2-0 in your cup final brian. Good luck in the run for a Europa spot whilst us mercenaries will be dining at the top table with the other mercenaries like Barca, real madrid, munich, chelsea.....

Enjoy your brief moment of success, and you call us bitter ha ha, you classless, clueless tool.

The fact he took the time to register on a City website to attempt insult us speaks volumes, and he calls us bitter!

Oh the irony!

He does realise that our 2 sides will never be competing for the same trophies ever again. Whilst we are making rapid progress, his side have stagnated for years now and will never get any better than they are now.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby dikdik » Mon Mar 29, 2010 5:30 pm

I really hope that's true. I sometimes think that whatever happens we will always dissappoint, (or should that be surprise?) Anyway after 1976 I'm beginning to believe this club has been cursed.
I sometimes think if the red lot had been called City they would have suffered the same fate over the last 30 years.

Keep the faith?
By God I try but sometimes it's hard, very hard....
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum