EDS/Academy Games

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: EDS/Academy Games

Postby twosips » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:59 pm

Goaters 103 wrote:Ill be there with two kids and me mate, so Ted that makes 5 of us going. If Doug goes as usual there will be 6 of us shouting them on.

Me and my old man too. Seven.

Practically an army.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 2:55 pm

twosips wrote:
Goaters 103 wrote:Ill be there with two kids and me mate, so Ted that makes 5 of us going. If Doug goes as usual there will be 6 of us shouting them on.

Me and my old man too. Seven.

Practically an army.

Fair play to you all. Wish I could.
Will you be giving updates on the score?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 4:26 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
iwasthere2012 wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:The Chelsea Atletico game was abysmal. It was like a throwback to the 80s. Precious little decent passing, lots of hoofing, loads of men behind the ball; Chelsea coach screaming non stop at the players, literally non stop. Atletico were actually far worse than Chelsea; a real throwback to English 80/90s football, complete with long throw ins, everything. Not particularly so many high balls in general play, from either side, but plenty of 'direct' stuff & you got the feeling both were most at home taking set pieces. Both have got talent too, but very difficult to see it amongst that shite.

Chelsea had one shot on target, scored two goals. Keep plenty of clean sheets apparently.

Was the other an o.g.?
Would love our side to go all the way in this competition.
Would love to be able to go to the U18's next week as well. I see it's free in for Cityzens. Do you think they'll get a good turn out.
Champs League on that night, so I doubt it is being televised anywhere.

O.G. which came from a long hoof upfield.

I don't know which U18s game you are referring to, but the FA youth cup game v Leicester is tonight, & the U19s game vs Roma is in Rome, & on Eurosport.

F*ck me. It is tonight. Today is Wednesday? I'm missing a couple of days somewhere.
Do you think they'll get a good turn out?

It will be better than the last round I think, but the weather forecast isn't great for early evg, & a few may be put off by that.

If these lads had been around 30 years ago, there would have been a huge buzz amongst fans & about 8-10k at Maine Rd to see this, at least, & drive them through to the final which would have pulled 20k+. Nowardays not so many seem to be arsed, so it's hard to say.

Tough game in theory & they possibly need the help.

I expect a very tough game and the pressure might well still be on for the 2nd leg. I expect a decent crowd but nothing like the minimum 5K they deserve.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:56 pm

1-0. Made by Angelino
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:00 pm

2-0 to City at half time. Reading Brennan's tweets I think Angelino made the second goal.
blues2win

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Great news. Keep us posted.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:36 pm

Any further news. Chelsea playing like cunts. Ibra sent off although Oscar milked it to make sure he'd walk. PSG up against it.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:41 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:Any further news. Chelsea playing like cunts. Ibra sent off although Oscar milked it to make sure he'd walk. PSG up against it.

Still 2-0.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Brennan raving about Angelino Barker partnership. Also mentions Humphreys Adarabioyo as excellent in defence.7 to go plus second leg.
blues2win

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:48 pm

blues2win wrote:Brennan raving about Angelino Barker partnership. Also mentions Humphreys Adarabioyo as excellent in defence.7 to go plus second leg.

Hasn't been a shot in this game.
Chavs v PSG
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:52 pm

Nemane makes it 3-0 at the death. That should settle it. Can't see us throwing this away in the second leg.
blues2win

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Excellent stuff. You're missing nothing in the Champs League. Second half here and just had the first shot.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:41 pm

Anyone local City fan who could have gone but didn't tonight missed a treat. Brennan might have been raving about Angelino and Barker and rightly so but every player in the team tonight ( bar the keeper who wasn't needed) deserves plenty of praise.

Leicester played an interesting 1/9/1 formation so the challenge was set to see if we had the patience and quality to get through.Not sure it was Angelino who set the first up as I thought it was Barker who went down the left taking 2 defenders with him before bursting through them and crossing. Ambrose was there with the first try and Nemane on the follow up. Nemane is a fast right winger bt I do like the way he gets in good positions when the ball comes in from the left.

The 2nd goal was really all Boadu plus a bit of their keeper. Boadu picked the ball up deep, saw a gap and attacked through it.I think feinted to pass but took the shot on from the edge of the box. It did get a little deflection but the keeper should have saved it imo but we thoroughly deserved a the goal.

Meanwhile at the back our keeper was trying to stay awake.

The 2nd half started with Leicester actually trying to get forward and for a few minutes put a little pressure on and from a free kick came closish ass Maffeo defleted it just over. Normal service was then quickly resumed. We had total control of midfield.Bryan I thought was top class, Boadu and Celina always available and playing it simple and sensible a lot of the time but also with the ability to break with the ball or play clever passes. Add to this they played with great energy and intelligence without the ball and Leicester just get never really get into it.

It would have been a great shame if it stayed 2 nil so that final goal was important but it's not as if we sat on the lead. We were very close a number of times and deserved it and it was little Nemane with a little bit of goal poaching again for his 2nd.

Quality performance and roll on the 2nd leg and if we are lucky it might get onto TV.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:44 pm

Thanks for that, Doug.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby blues2win » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:47 pm

Thanks Doug as ever. Great reporting. I simply passed on Brennan's take. He also thought our Manchester Centre Backs were very good.
blues2win

Postby South Stand Balti » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:49 pm

Thanks for the report Doug and well done City!
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Moonchesteri » Wed Mar 11, 2015 9:53 pm

I forgot completely there is a 2nd leg so was already celebrating when I first saw the result lol
Might be an important goal as in football you never know really. Lucky break or goal from set piece for them in the 2nd game and it would've been a whole new ball game with only a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the report Doug. Kean Bryan was possibly the one I was most impressed with when I saw the kids v Schalke in UYL. He was very fast closing oppo down, bit like Barry when he still had legs and kept it neat and tidy when in possession. Deffo one to watch imo even tho he's not one of the 'flair' players
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:00 pm

Moonchesteri wrote:I forgot completely there is a 2nd leg so was already celebrating when I first saw the result lol
Might be an important goal as in football you never know really. Lucky break or goal from set piece for them in the 2nd game and it would've been a whole new ball game with only a 2-0 win.

Thanks for the report Doug. Kean Bryan was possibly the one I was most impressed with when I saw the kids v Schalke in UYL. He was very fast closing oppo down, bit like Barry when he still had legs and kept it neat and tidy when in possession. Deffo one to watch imo even tho he's not one of the 'flair' players

Every one of tonight's team is one to watch. I thought Bryan was excellent tonight as were both center backs ( albeit with one little poor moment each) Bryan does look to close down quickly and strongly but so do the rest of the team. Leicester were pressured all the time and really struggled to deal with it.

As an example Celina isn't really a tackling midfield player but he did a great job as part of the team hunting down the ball, being in the right areas and when given the ball in helping keep it. He loves to get his head up and play but often he will help control the game and play simple until a better opportunity presents itself to be creative and attacking.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:07 pm

Brennan is right they were excellent, but all were. Leicester were no mugs tonight as a team. Very well organised, hard working, tough & of course with it being a two legged affair, they just stayed in formation when City scored.

The way City managed the game was a credit to them all. Leicester look like they could be a nightmare at set pieces if they manage to get the ball off us occasionally at their place so it's a big thing getting the 3rd I think.

Just great football. A bit special.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Ted Hughes » Wed Mar 11, 2015 10:10 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:
Moonchesteri wrote:I forgot completely there is a 2nd leg so was already celebrating when I first saw the result lol

Every one of tonight's team is one to watch. I thought Bryan was excellent tonight as were both center backs ( albeit with one little poor moment each) Bryan does look to close down quickly and strongly but so do the rest of the team. Leicester were pressured all the time and really struggled to deal with it.

As an example Celina isn't really a tackling midfield player but he did a great job as part of the team hunting down the ball, being in the right areas and when given the ball in helping keep it. He loves to get his head up and play but often he will help control the game and play simple until a better opportunity presents itself to be creative and attacking.

I think Bryan is probably my motm tonight.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum