***Treble Winners v rags Cup Final Official Match Thread***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Treble Winners v rags Cup Final Official Match Thread

Postby stupot » Sun May 26, 2024 11:40 am

KDB is also one of the main reasons we won the PL. Remember Newcastle. Ederson is one of the main reasons we won last year's CL. Haaland definitely had something to do with winning it.
And how come every time we lose its down to Pep but it never seems to be down to him when we've won 4 in a row.
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Sun May 26, 2024 11:51 am

It's quite clear they took them for granted. How they were allowed to get twatted is madness
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby salford city » Sun May 26, 2024 12:10 pm

stupot wrote:KDB is also one of the main reasons we won the PL. Remember Newcastle. Ederson is one of the main reasons we won last year's CL. Haaland definitely had something to do with winning it.
And how come every time we lose its down to Pep but it never seems to be down to him when we've won 4 in a row.

Its always on Pep if we lose to that shower of cunts. He couldn't help himself again yesterday with the team selection and tactics- he changed specifically for THEM and has admitted as much. Shocking call in a cup final. Your point re KDB is ignoring the fact that he missed the majority of games before January and so was fuck all use to us during those months. We can and should celebrate Pep's four in a row NEVER has been done before but let's not ignore that we could have been parading the FA cup around as well later and we will have all summer listening to how ten bob out thought our tactical maestro
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby stupot » Sun May 26, 2024 12:15 pm

Every game we lost was before January also but my point was in response to winning the league due to Ortega.
I think it was more to the players collectively being off it than any changes in tactics
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MIAMCFC » Sun May 26, 2024 12:23 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ortega was shocking yesterday but how quick some of you forget that hes one of the main reasons we won the fucking premier league...Ederson has made similar fuckups but some of you lot suddenly develop amnesia.

I'm more angry with Haaland...that cunt just doesn't seem to do it when it really matters in a massive game and his all round play is just fuckign weak.....yes ,its fucking weak and PeP really needs to get more out of him next season just like he did with Aguero - when he doesn't score hes a waste of fucking space and he proves that fact time and time again in many games.
KDB...well..just more ammunition for the 'sell him this summer brigade'

PeP also gets a 1 out of 10 for shit tactics and fuckign around ONCE AGAIN with the center backs.

Harsh on KDB at 0-1 he laid it on a plate Haaland was nowhere to be seen tap in. It changes game. As for the performance nobody bar Doku comes out of that shit show with anything but regret. Wigan .2
MIAMCFC
Superman's Underpants

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 26, 2024 12:39 pm

On reflection as well, we were unlucky

Could have had a penalty early doors. The rags up to us literally gifting them a goal posed little threat. Their gameplay was as thought, a low block and hoof it over the top. But once they got the goal they started to believe a bit and with the second they were able to sit back. If that chance from Haaland which hit the bar had been an inch lower it's a different game. Or if Alvarez had scored when one on one.

The rags would have folded as they had no other gameplan. Small margins and we were on the receiving end yesterday

But onwards and upwards as they say
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 26, 2024 1:05 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Ortega was shocking yesterday but how quick some of you forget that hes one of the main reasons we won the fucking premier league...Ederson has made similar fuckups but some of you lot suddenly develop amnesia.

This 100%
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun May 26, 2024 1:18 pm

patrickblue wrote:

This 100%

Genuine question, because my memory is crap, in which final has Ederson fucked up? Are there any examples?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 1:22 pm

stupot wrote:Every game we lost was before January also but my point was in response to winning the league due to Ortega.
I think it was more to the players collectively being off it than any changes in tactics

PeP has admitted he FUCKED UP WITH TACTICS for the FA cup for fucks sake.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby stupot » Sun May 26, 2024 1:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Every game we lost was before January also but my point was in response to winning the league due to Ortega.

He always takes the blame when we lose, doesn't mean it's right
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 1:38 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

He always takes the blame when we lose, doesn't mean it's right

Hes the manager.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Sun May 26, 2024 1:42 pm

Ok then, his fault when we lose, down to him when we win. Fair enough
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 1:54 pm

stupot wrote:Ok then, his fault when we lose, down to him when we win. Fair enough

Correct
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby stupot » Sun May 26, 2024 2:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
stupot wrote:Ok then, his fault when we lose, down to him when we win. Fair enough

Correct

He's brilliant then isn't he
stupot
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 2:12 pm

stupot wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Correct

He's brilliant then isn't he

Yes he is
He wasn’t yesterday though and he himself admits it - this is why I respect the man - I’m fine with this.

I know that fact rains on your parade - but it’s a fact and facts are facts .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby patrickblue » Sun May 26, 2024 2:36 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This 100%

Genuine question, because my memory is crap, in which final has Ederson fucked up? Are there any examples?

No-one mentioned finals.
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby Mase » Sun May 26, 2024 2:43 pm

patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This 100%

No-one mentioned finals.

“Ederson has made similar fuck ups”

Would a similar fuck up not be a fuck up in a final against our rivals? If he’s made a fuck up against Luton it’s hardly similar is it?

I can’t think of one he’s made, personally. Happy to hear of some though, I just genuinely can’t think of any.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby nottsblue » Sun May 26, 2024 2:49 pm

Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
patrickblue wrote:

This 100%

No-one mentioned finals.

“Ederson has made similar fuck ups”

Would a similar fuck up not be a fuck up in a final against our rivals? If he’s made a fuck up against Luton it’s hardly similar is it?

I can’t think of one he’s made, personally. Happy to hear of some though, I just genuinely can’t think of any.

Off the top of my head, dippers away to give away the penner to get them back into it

There have been others I’m sure
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Mase » Sun May 26, 2024 3:04 pm

That was Ake’s mistake :lol:

So we can’t collectively think of “similar fuck ups” that Ederson has made that are as high profile as a final against rivals then?

I can think of last season where he kept us 1 up in the champions league after a fuck up from Akanji, followed by two world class saves.

Absolutely no idea why players that don’t play get dug out. Ederson this week, Grealish last week. We’re a funny old bunch.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun May 26, 2024 3:40 pm

Mase wrote:That was Ake’s mistake :lol:

So we can’t collectively think of “similar fuck ups” that Ederson has made that are as high profile as a final against rivals then?

I can think of last season where he kept us 1 up in the champions league after a fuck up from Akanji, followed by two world class saves.

Absolutely no idea why players that don’t play get dug out. Ederson this week, Grealish last week. We’re a funny old bunch.

They're scraping the barrell, bit like the 115 charges, just chuck anything in there and hope it sticks. They can't think of a big fuck up in a final. We missed his kicking yesterday.
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Silva

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum