Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby phips » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:13 am

Atletico lose Mandzukic and get Jackson Martinez and Luciano Vietto to pair with Griezmann and Torres. not bad.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:02 am

Ardo Turan's agent says his client wants to play in the Premier League and that he is talking to three top Premiership Clubs. Release clause said to be 41 million euros.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:23 am

blues2win wrote:Ardo Turan's agent says his client wants to play in the Premier League and that he is talking to three top Premiership Clubs. Release clause said to be 41 million euros.

Would his release clause come into it?

41m euros for a guy who turns 29 in January is a lot of money, I wonder whether Atletico are helping this story along, as it would be a great deal for them if true.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:29 am

Fair point. I was just stating the figure but Atletico might well accept less. His agent stresses three top Premiership Clubs but then he would wouldn't he?
blues2win

Postby PrezIke » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:40 am

phips wrote:Atletico lose Mandzukic and get Jackson Martinez and Luciano Vietto to pair with Griezmann and Torres. not bad.

AC Milan snubbed...
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:42 am

blues2win wrote:Fair point. I was just stating the figure but Atletico might well accept less. His agent stresses three top Premiership Clubs but then he would wouldn't he?

I just wondered, I know he's highly rated and at 28, at the top of his game, but this is where I start to struggle with the logic of football clubs in England.

If you paid 40m for a 28 year old who is a good player, you're gonna realistically get a maximum 4 years service out of him at which point he will have little or no sell on value or go out of contract. Add in a minimum 5m a year wages, and you are talking 60m overall outlay or 12.5m a year.

If you paid 80m for a 22 year old player who is highly likely to be world class in 2 years time, keep him for 6 years and paid him 10m a year, that's 140m and at age 28 he would likely still recoup his transfer fee from a stupid club like City or PSG, so the net cost would simply be 60m wages. or 10m per year.

Which one would you sign? Puts the size of the Pogba transfer fee (and Sterling) into perspective really I suppose.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:56 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:
blues2win wrote:Fair point. I was just stating the figure but Atletico might well accept less. His agent stresses three top Premiership Clubs but then he would wouldn't he?

I just wondered, I know he's highly rated and at 28, at the top of his game, but this is where I start to struggle with the logic of football clubs in England.

If you paid 40m for a 28 year old who is a good player, you're gonna realistically get a maximum 4 years service out of him at which point he will have little or no sell on value or go out of contract. Add in a minimum 5m a year wages, and you are talking 60m overall outlay or 12.5m a year.

If you paid 80m for a 22 year old player who is highly likely to be world class in 2 years time, keep him for 6 years and paid him 10m a year, that's 140m and at age 28 he would likely still recoup his transfer fee from a stupid club like City or PSG, so the net cost would simply be 60m wages. or 10m per year.

Which one would you sign? Puts the size of the Pogba transfer fee (and Sterling) into perspective really I suppose.

agreed to a large extent...but the other factor is who plays in the position and is available.

I'm not speaking specifically about Turan but just in general around the factors you'd have to consider when you do the math.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:04 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
PeterParker wrote:http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33250535

Lol.

they are imho obvs spending the Sterling wad now. Just a matter of days before this one is buttoned up i'd think.

cheers

If that's the case, we ought to revise our offer and put in a bid for £25 million.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:26 pm

Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Lol.

they are imho obvs spending the Sterling wad now. Just a matter of days before this one is buttoned up i'd think.

cheers

If that's the case, we ought to revise our offer and put in a bid for £25 million.

if they're spending it, then it's done. Look, i could be wrong, but it doesn't strike me as a typical American management move from fuckers like those dudes to spend their wedge and "hope" they get the right offer for Sterling.

They're spending some other cunt's money and getting their dicks sucked with any extra...just cuz.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby iwasthere2012 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:37 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
Mikhail Chigorin wrote:
DoomMerchant wrote:

Lol.

cheers

if they're spending it, then it's done. Look, i could be wrong, but it doesn't strike me as a typical American management move from fuckers like those dudes to spend their wedge and "hope" they get the right offer for Sterling.

They're spending some other cunt's money and getting their dicks sucked with any extra...just cuz.

cheers

I am by no means ITK. I generally know nothing about whether we will sign so and so or not. I wouldn't have been too bothered about this transfer and didn't really think we would get Pogba.
But lately I've been getting this feeling in my left nut, that we are going to land all three of our main targets, KDB, The Pound and Pogba too.
Now it's nothing more scientific than a tingle in the left nut, but I'm quite optimistic.......(or should I be concerned)
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 pm

Im_Spartacus wrote:

I think the theory is that with the experiences guy you get more guarantee for your money. He is proven quality.
You could buy Sterling for 45m, commit to 10m a year and he doesn't live up to the hype. In return you'd get a poor player, with a massively reduced transfer value who would be difficult to move along because of the wages you committed to. It could be a very expensive mistake.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Jun 24, 2015 6:02 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
Im_Spartacus wrote:

I think the theory is that with the experiences guy you get more guarantee for your money. He is proven quality.
You could buy Sterling for 45m, commit to 10m a year and he doesn't live up to the hype. In return you'd get a poor player, with a massively reduced transfer value who would be difficult to move along because of the wages you committed to. It could be a very expensive mistake.

I just threw Sterling in there as an example of where the fee looks big, but in most cases clubs don't spend massive money on kids unless they are fairly sure they are the real deal.

I agree the risk with Sterling at 50m is massive, but if we ended up paying 80m for Pogba, established international, won everything domestically, contributed to his team getting to CL final, even though the fee would make our eyes water, it starts to look a bargain in the long term compared to shelling out 40m for someone like Turan.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:40 pm

I think Doomie's right. This is the dippers spending the Sterling transfer fee. I'd be very surprised if this one goes long now. We could of course fuck them big time by changing our mind but the Club clearly want him as a young English star with pace and skill. He has already shown his talent clearly in the Premiership and at international level so he's not as big a risk as some people say. I'm looking forward to seeing him in blue.
blues2win

Postby Wonderwall » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:02 pm

blues2win wrote:I think Doomie's right. This is the dippers spending the Sterling transfer fee. I'd be very surprised if this one goes long now. We could of course fuck them big time by changing our mind but the Club clearly want him as a young English star with pace and skill. He has already shown his talent clearly in the Premiership and at international level so he's not as big a risk as some people say. I'm looking forward to seeing him in blue.

Will this do

Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby blues2win » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:34 pm

Dippers closing on Clyne transfer supposedly. Benteke next presumably. All that lot isn't possible without selling Sterling.
blues2win

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:38 am

blues2win wrote:Dippers closing on Clyne transfer supposedly. Benteke next presumably. All that lot isn't possible without selling Sterling.

Sterling or Rubbles.
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:33 am

Douglas Costa to Bayern Mumich for 35 million euros says Rafa Hernandez.
blues2win

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:32 pm

Boca announced they snatched Carlos Tevez.

I think he would had still had done some good stuff in Europe, but he always was a bit of a nutter. Hope all works out for our lad. He will be worshiped there, i am sure.

And in other news, looks like Milan are about to sign Witsel.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jun 25, 2015 1:45 pm

PeterParker wrote:Boca announced they snatched Carlos Tevez.

I think he would had still had done some good stuff in Europe, but he always was a bit of a nutter. Hope all works out for our lad. He will be worshiped there, i am sure.

And in other news, looks like Milan are about to sign Witsel.

love Tevez back to Boca....good for him.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:30 pm

Marca says Real will go for Otamendi if Ramos goes to the scum. Makes sense.
blues2win

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum