You're fav city player(current squad)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

You're fav city player(current team)

1.Shay Given
10%
2.Micah Richards
2%
3.Wayne Bridge
1%
4.Kolo Toure
3%
5.Joleon Lescott
1%
6.Shaun Wright Philips
10%
7Steven Ireland
14%
8.Gareth Barry
7%
9.Emmanuel Adebayor
7%
10.Robinho
12%
11.Carlos Tevez
7%
12.Pablo Zabaleta
5%
13.Nedum Onuoha
4%
14.Roque Santa Cruise
1%
15.Martin petrov
2%
16.Richard Dunne (still here)
3%
17.Nigel De Jong
3%
18.Vincent Kompany
3%
19.other please select and state who it is below.
3%

Total votes : 320

Re: You're fav city player(current squad)

Postby King Kev » Sun Aug 30, 2009 10:33 pm

One cap Whitey wrote:Ireland for me. He went from boo boy to player of the year in such a short space of time.

It's amazing to think that just over 12 months ago there were City fans who thought Ireland would never be good enough!
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Colin the King » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:28 am

Onuoha for me, didn't give it a second thought. He will captain City to untold glories, I'm sure of it and above and beyond his ability as a player, is a breath of fresh air in modern football as a grounded, intelligent and friendly guy. And a blue of course!
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:54 am

Steve wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As many people have City legend SWP as their favourite player as Tevez who bagged winner in last derby...... against us for fucking rags. Mind boggles. It seems that we as supporters are indeed changing.

Got to agree with you there mate. However Tevez did score against palace, and has worked so hard in the four games he has played for us, and he is God. We would never have said anything bad about our Carlos. Ever.

On a more serious note, one thing i'm not sure about is why the signing of Tevez seems to have been applauded more than any of the other signings. I don't think he is the best signing we have made.

It's because he came from the rags so people will have followed him closely. Tevez is a good quality player but not really superstar quality some make him out to be. He is like really good Darius Vassell or bit better Dirk Kujt (who I rate by the way). But no Messi or Robinho he is not.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:53 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Steve wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:As many people have City legend SWP as their favourite player as Tevez who bagged winner in last derby...... against us for fucking rags. Mind boggles. It seems that we as supporters are indeed changing.

Got to agree with you there mate. However Tevez did score against palace, and has worked so hard in the four games he has played for us, and he is God. We would never have said anything bad about our Carlos. Ever.

On a more serious note, one thing i'm not sure about is why the signing of Tevez seems to have been applauded more than any of the other signings. I don't think he is the best signing we have made.

It's because he came from the rags so people will have followed him closely. Tevez is a good quality player but not really superstar quality some make him out to be. He is like really good Darius Vassell or bit better Dirk Kujt (who I rate by the way). But no Messi or Robinho he is not.

Similar qualities to SWP, not as good at running with the ball but cleverer with the final ball.

When comparing SWP 'as one of ours' & Tevez as a rag, even though he never signed for them; I beg to differ.

As someone who was boring everyone to death with the exploits of SWP as a young player, who saw most of his home games as a young player & was delighted when he finally made the first team before sodding off to Chelsea & largely ignoring our fans cheering his name thereafter, I recon he had a lot more to answer than Tevez but seems to have been forgiven by everyone including me.

They are both now City players pure & simple.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:57 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Steve wrote:

Similar qualities to SWP, not as good at running with the ball but cleverer with the final ball.

When comparing SWP 'as one of ours' & Tevez as a rag, even though he never signed for them; I beg to differ.

As someone who was boring everyone to death with the exploits of SWP as a young player, who saw most of his home games as a young player & was delighted when he finally made the first team before sodding off to Chelsea & largely ignoring our fans cheering his name thereafter, I recon he had a lot more to answer than Tevez but seems to have been forgiven by everyone including me.

I haven't questioned that, have I? I just told what I thought about Tevez pure and simple. Personally I feel Barry, Toure, Adebayor, Robinho and Given signings were much more important looking at the overall picture. Tevez was a good addition but I think we would've done alright without him as well.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Aug 31, 2009 8:36 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Steve wrote:

I haven't questioned that, have I? I just told what I thought about Tevez pure and simple. Personally I feel Barry, Toure, Adebayor, Robinho and Given signings were much more important looking at the overall picture. Tevez was a good addition but I think we would've done alright without him as well.

Well you're suggesting that fans attitudes are changing & cheering Tevez is an example but I don't think so.

A lot of us had Brian Kidd as a hero & are hoping he comes back so I don't think we're changing, we just got more pre-occupied with rags for a period because we had nothing else to look forward to. Now we do so they can start worrying about us instead; which they will!

SWP is having a great season so far &I recon, although Adebayor & Barry have been obvious success stories, he's getting through so much 'unseen' work for the team & contributing in so many areas that it puts him right up there as one of, if not THE best performer so far imo. People were criticising him (& Bellamy) yesterday but the number of sprints they made in both directions was absolutely phenomenal. Last year he faded badly after the rags kicked him out of the derby but if he keeps it up, I can imagine a shout for our p.o.t.y.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:53 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Tevez is a good quality player but not really superstar quality some make him out to be. He is like really good Darius Vassell or bit better Dirk Kujt (who I rate by the way). But no Messi or Robinho he is not.

You've betrayed quite a big misconception and a serious lack of understanding there NQDP - seen your arse really.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Pablo Sacramento » Tue Sep 01, 2009 2:56 pm

Pablo! Pablo! Pablo!

Hands down its Zabaleta, I find it astonishing Richards is keeping him out of the team at the moment.

(Note to self, use the word Astonishing more in everyday situations)
"Twas Derby day the scores were level,
Then Foe whacked the ball to Neville,
Gary messed up and now knows for sure,
If you feed the Goat then he will score!
Pablo Sacramento
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Monkey Butlers
My favourite player is: Cassanova

Postby ruralblue » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:54 pm

Stevie Ireland for me, just hope he has another fine season.
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby OhDannyBoy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:46 pm

Dunnie lad

followed by Ireland, Nedum and Zabaleta
OhDannyBoy
Superman's Underpants

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:20 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Tevez is a good quality player but not really superstar quality some make him out to be. He is like really good Darius Vassell or bit better Dirk Kujt (who I rate by the way). But no Messi or Robinho he is not.

You've betrayed quite a big misconception and a serious lack of understanding there NQDP - seen your arse really.

Care to explain further?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Sep 01, 2009 5:42 pm

Care to explain further?

barely. football brain... speed of thought... wavelength... read... guile - all the attributes which mean the players who train with him get so giddy about his ability.
By analogy, Vassell is a Honda Civic being driven by you. Dirk Kuyt is, as far as I can tell, an R-type Civic being driven by me. Tevez is an R-type civic being driven by Jenson Button.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:58 am

Stevie, SWP, Robinho in that order
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:15 am

Care to explain further?

barely. football brain... speed of thought... wavelength... read... guile - all the attributes which mean the players who train with him get so giddy about his ability.
By analogy, Vassell is a Honda Civic being driven by you. Dirk Kuyt is, as far as I can tell, an R-type Civic being driven by me. Tevez is an R-type civic being driven by Jenson Button.

I dont understand the analogy, but that was well entertaining.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Fidel Castro » Wed Sep 02, 2009 11:16 am

Nedum is my favourite, followed by Superman, Robson, SWP and Zabba in no particular order
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:00 pm

Slim wrote:

Tevez obviously lacks certain attributes - notably pace. But his read of the game, his ability to link with/understand top class players prevents any comparison with someone like Vass. Robinho raves about training with Tevez because he knows he'll get the ball he wants/Tevez will make the runs (be they decoy or otherwise) that he expects etc.
The reason Tevez looked so shit at Westham (at least for the first 6 months) is because he was basically playing a different game to everyone else there - too clever for them.
In the analogy, the driver is the football brain, the car is the raw attributes. simple.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Slim » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:20 pm

Slim wrote:

Tevez obviously lacks certain attributes - notably pace. But his read of the game, his ability to link with/understand top class players prevents any comparison with someone like Vass. Robinho raves about training with Tevez because he knows he'll get the ball he wants/Tevez will make the runs (be they decoy or otherwise) that he expects etc.
The reason Tevez looked so shit at Westham (at least for the first 6 months) is because he was basically playing a different game to everyone else there - too clever for them.
In the analogy, the driver is the football brain, the car is the raw attributes. simple.

Ahhh gotcha, personally I think Tevez is a Rolls and the problem is all we know are Rice Burners.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:34 pm

Piece of piss.

Whoa mad zabba.

He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Mike J » Wed Sep 02, 2009 12:41 pm

SWP. always adored the little fella.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Nige » Wed Sep 02, 2009 7:51 pm

Zabs for me. Loads of other attractive talent but I see in Zabs how I would play if I ever played pro football.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum