craig bellamy

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: craig bellamy

Postby CityGer » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:49 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:You lot are such fucking hypocrites...when he first signed you were saying what a waste of money he was and how he would be shunted to the side once we sign some 'Marque Signings'

I knew he would play a bigger part in MHs plans and have championed him from the start...the guy is in his prime now and loving it

He is going to have a fantastic season

Are you able to post without dishing out some sort of abuse?
we've got love bites and everything
CityGer
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: us

Postby carolina-blue » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 am

King Kev wrote:To be able to win the ball and make a run like that (for SWP's goal) so late in the game speaks volumes about his fitness.

Very few players could have done that after working so hard for 80 minutes.

Totally Agree with that KK ,Me anda mate were saying roughly the same thing He really must be a nightmare to play against .
dont know if true but I heard a story , when he was playing in Scotland he turned around to some defender who was trying to mark him and said , Shouldent you be at my house cutting my grass , hahahaha
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:52 am

Great performance yesterday. Then again Shaunie was great yesterday as well but I don't see anyone starting threads about him. I wonder why that is?
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:53 am

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:You lot are such fucking hypocrites...when he first signed you were saying what a waste of money he was and how he would be shunted to the side once we sign some 'Marque Signings'

I knew he would play a bigger part in MHs plans and have championed him from the start...the guy is in his prime now and loving it

We're not a homogenous mass. You're not El Cid. Man up.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:01 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Great performance yesterday. Then again Shaunie was great yesterday as well but I don't see anyone starting threads about him. I wonder why that is?

Why don't you tell the rest of us why you think that is?

Personally, I think its because Shaunie slowly got better as the game went on and had a very good game by the end of it, where as Bellamy was outstanding for the entire game.

Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know.
Original Dub

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:17 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Great performance yesterday. Then again Shaunie was great yesterday as well but I don't see anyone starting threads about him. I wonder why that is?

Personally, I think its because Shaunie slowly got better as the game went on and had a very good game by the end of it, where as Bellamy was outstanding for the entire game.

Again, please tell us why YOU think there was a thread started about Craig Bellamy? I'm dying to know.

I don't know. If I did, I wouldn't ask, right? Bellamy was excellent yesterday but Shaunie has been alongside Barry our best player this season in overall contribution imo. I find it strange that very little are made of his contribution. Last I checked he didn't get single vote in MOM poll for yesterday and half of people voted for Bellamy. I didn't think he was that much better than rest of the lads yesterday.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

I don't know. If I did, I wouldn't ask, right? Bellamy was excellent yesterday but Shaunie has been alongside Barry our best player this season in overall contribution imo. I find it strange that very little are made of his contribution. Last I checked he didn't get single vote in MOM poll for yesterday and half of people voted for Bellamy. I didn't think he was that much better than rest of the lads yesterday.

Why don't you start your own Shaun Wright-Phillips thread? Bellamy was outstanding yesterday - absolutely tireless - most people's MOTM so someone started a thread about him.
Bridge was really good too - where's his thread?
Where's Given's separate thread for his overrall contribution?

Nothing "strange" is going on here.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Wooders » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 pm

Shaunie is one of the most, if not the most, popular members of our squad - if he had deserved his own thread after the Arsenal game, he would have got one.
Why do you always have to make these weird comments in threads about people you don't like such as Hughes/Bellemy/De Jong etc?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Wooders wrote:

Shaunie is one of the most, if not the most, popular members of our squad - if he had deserved his own thread after the Arsenal game, he would have got one.
Why do you always have to make these weird comments in threads about people you don't like such as Hughes/Bellemy/De Jong etc?

NQDP is the toppest of the top Blues. we're all doing it wrong.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:26 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Oh right, you actually didn't know why it was?!!! I completely read you wrong, I took it you were insinuating that some of us city fans are biased towards Bellamy... even over SWP which would obviously be a ludacris thing to insinuate.

Yet again in this post you say you find it strange... there's fuck all strange about. Bellamy is a quality player and a lot of us knew that.

You slated him more so than everyone and now you're being shown up because you were WRONG.

Deal with it bro. There's nothing "strange" about it. And you don't need to "wonder" anymore.

The truth is out there. You can apologise whenever you're ready because I know how important it is to you that apologies are forthcoming in such situations.

:)
Original Dub

Postby Dameerto » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:32 pm

Clichy was all over SWP in the first half - it was only after half time SWP started figuring out how to get the better of him - you cant give SWP MotM for just half a game. If you can't see why Bellamy deserved to be MotM you need to watch the game again.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:33 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Oh right, you actually didn't know why it was?!!! I completely read you wrong, I took it you were insinuating that some of us city fans are biased towards Bellamy... even over SWP which would obviously be a ludacris thing to insinuate.

Yet again in this post you say you find it strange... there's fuck all strange about. Bellamy is a quality player and a lot of us knew that.

You slated him more so than everyone and now you're being shown up because you were WRONG.

Deal with it bro. There's nothing "strange" about it. And you don't need to "wonder" anymore.

The truth is out there. You can apologise whenever you're ready because I know how important it is to you that apologies are forthcoming in such situations.

Apologise for what? I still think he is injury prone player and I'd prefer Petrov or Robinho on the left over him. That said, he was excellent yesterday and has had good games for us before so in that sense he has certainly been better than I expected.

But it does seem that some people are completely unable to celebrate our great win yesterday without winding up other people. That's sad state of affairs and I feel sorry for them

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:35 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:But it does seem that some people are completely unable to celebrate our great win yesterday without winding up other people. That's sad state of affairs and I feel sorry for them

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwUROtQnhg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wMwUROtQnhg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:36 pm

Dunne's Half-Time Pint wrote:
Wooders wrote:

NQDP is the toppest of the top Blues. we're all doing it wrong.

You must be fucking gutted if we beat rags in derby. Would make you look pretty silly. And let's face it, it's all about how you look.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:38 pm

You must be fucking gutted if we beat rags in derby. Would make you look pretty silly. And let's face it, it's all about how you look.

You've come on here absolutely itching for a fight - we were all having a lovely morning.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby shawzy » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:40 pm

In this instance i cant see the point of bringing up dead threads about when we were going to sign him.
He was a journeyman and also a history of trouble and some on here were understandably a little wary of Bellers playing for us.
That said he really likes playing under Hughes and has proved to be a model pro.Hes certainly found his home and settled brilliantly.
Well done Bellers.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Original Dub » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:45 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Apologise for what? I still think he is injury prone player and I'd prefer Petrov or Robinho on the left over him. That said, he was excellent yesterday and has had good games for us before so in that sense he has certainly been better than I expected.

But it does seem that some people are completely unable to celebrate our great win yesterday without winding up other people. That's sad state of affairs and I feel sorry for them

Oh no no my friend, this was NEVER about his injury record. If you recall, we ALL knew he was injury prone. So we'll put that to bed immediately. It was absolutely everything else you said about him that was wrong.

For what its worth, I think if we had Robinho or Petrov there instead of Bellamy as you suggest, there's a far stranger chance we would have lost that game.

By the way, I am every bit as delighted as you are with our fabulous win. Its just that there are a lot of double standards knocking around and I know for a fact that if Bellamy fucked up or had a bad game, you would either start a thread about him or contribute strongly within that thread.

I would never have just started a wind up thread on this subject to get at you, but it was you that entered a perfectly justified thread to a fantastic Bellamy performance and then questioned its validity. It showed yet again your agenda towards him and I thought it was the ideal time to highlight the situation.
Original Dub

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:48 pm

Define 'You lot'
Grob

Postby Grob » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:

Well everyone else on the board thought he had a better game than SWP so maybe your wrong?
Grob

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:50 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Original Dub wrote:

Oh no no my friend, this was NEVER about his injury record. If you recall, we ALL knew he was injury prone. So we'll put that to bed immediately. It was absolutely everything else you said about him that was wrong.

For what its worth, I think if we had Robinho or Petrov there instead of Bellamy as you suggest, there's a far stranger chance we would have lost that game.

By the way, I am every bit as delighted as you are with our fabulous win. Its just that there are a lot of double standards knocking around and I know for a fact that if Bellamy fucked up or had a bad game, you would either start a thread about him or contribute strongly within that thread.

I would never have just started a wind up thread on this subject to get at you, but it was you that entered a perfectly justified thread to a fantastic Bellamy performance and then questioned its validity. It showed yet again your agenda towards him and I thought it was the ideal time to highlight the situation.

I was having a pop at Bellamy at any stage. I was just wondering why his performance gets highlighted so much when I thought there were loads of great individual performances yesterday.

I disagree about Robinho/Petrov comment but we'll never know and I'm just happy we won. It's quite obvious though that some people are struggling to enjoy City experience right now. I feel sorry for them.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum