Ade in trouble? [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ade in trouble?

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:42 pm

Every incident involving Ade was seen and dealt with as it happened, therefore Baconface can't have anything done about it. Ade got rifted by the Arseanl fans all the way through the game and I noticed that even the Arsenal players ignored him at the KO. He decided to throw it back in their faces, and fair play to him, it must've hurt them!

It was just a shame that one of the stewards got hurt, hope he's OK?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Jammie Dodger » Sat Sep 12, 2009 7:53 pm

As I've just read on another forum, Chuckle brother 1 didn't get punished for running toward the red scousers and celebrating
[center]Image[/center]
Jammie Dodger
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:01 pm

Oh shut up !

enjoy the moment.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:15 pm

"I am sad and disappointed by my former team-mate Emmanuel Adebayor's mindless and malicious stamp on me during today's match.

"We are both professional footballers and I know that the game is physical, I too have made hard and sometimes mis-timed challenges but never with the intention of hurting an opponent. He set out to hurt me today.

"I knew he was aiming for a collision because he changed the angle of his body to allow contact to be made. He moved backwards when his natural momentum would have taken him forward. I find that deeply disrespectful. He has shown a real lack of class today, to me and the fans.

"I do feel lucky that I have not suffered a greater injury. The contact was only centimetres from my eye. I have not received an apology from him, there were no words exchanged afterwards. He had his own agenda today and that is bad for football. It's bad for the game we all love.

"I want to make it clear that this has nothing to do with the result of today's match. We do not hide from that disappointment but I need to speak out about his behaviour."

On the Arsenal site they are looking for Adebayor to be whipped through the streets. I wish someone would point out as the incident was dealt with at the time they can't book him now.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:31 pm

Lol I've just read some bollocks from Hughes

“We just have to understand that he is an emotional guy and he wanted to share the moment with the fans in the corner with whom he has a special affinity. It is the same area that the Arsenal fans were in so there is the potential for people to see it as the wrong thing to do. We recognise that and so does Ade.”

What a load of shite haha
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:35 pm

Having just got back from the pub, straight from the game itself, forgive me if my version of events are slightly blue tinted.

Where I sit, which is nigh on touching the white line, you can hear the players very clearly when they are shouting directions at each other or of course abusing their opponents.

Today Ade got called all sorts by many different Arse players, as well as being constantly derided and subjected to the worst kind of hatred I have heard for many a long year from the opposition fans.

He shouldnt have ran down the line faster than Usain Bolt to celebrate his goal, but perfectly understandable why he did it.

As for the stamp, have to take a wenger on this, I didnt see it. What I can tell you is that not many of the arse seem to charge at ade after the incident; and also van percy had his face in the ground that often today, that I'm sure he was named after the gardener Percy Thrower.

Have to say though, what a game.

It was my youngest boy Marks' first game today and at 20 months old, he was well behaved. He did have his older brother with him to keep him company, but Joe is only 3 and it was a nightmare for Dad. They hopefully will play for City, but if not they will always keep the blue cause going as dedicated supporters.
edgeley blue

My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby zuricity » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

The apparent 'stamp' was shown on TV many times. I thought ade was just trying to avoid an absolutely wreckless two footed tackle, but what do I know.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby edge275 » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:45 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Having just got back from the pub, straight from the game itself, forgive me if my version of events are slightly blue tinted.

Where I sit, which is nigh on touching the white line, you can hear the players very clearly when they are shouting directions at each other or of course abusing their opponents.

Today Ade got called all sorts by many different Arse players, as well as being constantly derided and subjected to the worst kind of hatred I have heard for many a long year from the opposition fans.

He shouldnt have ran down the line faster than Usain Bolt to celebrate his goal, but perfectly understandable why he did it.

As for the stamp, have to take a wenger on this, I didnt see it. What I can tell you is that not many of the arse seem to charge at ade after the incident; and also van percy had his face in the ground that often today, that I'm sure he was named after the gardener Percy Thrower.

Have to say though, what a game.

It was my youngest boy Marks' first game today and at 20 months old, he was well behaved. He did have his older brother with him to keep him company, but Joe is only 3 and it was a nightmare for Dad. They hopefully will play for City, but if not they will always keep the blue cause going as dedicated supporters.

Hi mate, what was said to Adebayor by other players?
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby markuse » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:53 pm

Tokyo Blue wrote:Well, the ref gave a free-kick for the "stamp" so he clearly saw that. And he booked him for his celebration. So by their own rules, can they touch him? I think not. Video evidence can only be used if the referee admits he did not see the incident* and that is clearly not the case in either incident here.

I'd be interested to see if van persie's "fuck off, fuck off, fuck off" celebration in front of the City fans is investigated however.

*unless of course manchester U***d players are involved and then it can only be used for their benefit

It should be like that. It definitively is here on the continent, I'm not certain about FA particular rules though.

Plus it looked like he was trying to avoid hitting RVP but in the end the foot had to land somewhere.
markuse
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:56 pm

The usual sort of crap that sportsmen throw at each other whilst competing. This time though it was only directed at Ade. The worst culprits being Fabregas, van Percy and Gallas.

to answer edge
edgeley blue

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:07 pm

Apparently cricket is the worst for this. Thanks to DHTP I have been pestering my mates about test cricket since the ashes. There was an incident in the West Indies where the Windies were taunting Glen McGrath about his wife who had just died from cancer I believe. Mad how they can do that at all.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:10 pm

Slim wrote:Apparently cricket is the worst for this. Thanks to DHTP I have been pestering my mates about test cricket since the ashes. There was an incident in the West Indies where the Windies were taunting Glen McGrath about his wife who had just died from cancer I believe. Mad how they can do that at all.

Look up Freddie sledging the W.Indies - funny as fuck. "mind the windows Tino".
Kumar Sangakarra has done some great work from behind the stumps (it's on youtube).
Merv Hughes was the ultimate.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:18 pm

I fear a lot of it will zoom a great deal over my head.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby shawzy » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:26 pm

Gonna watch MOTD in a min.Look forward to seein there view on it.Hope Lee Dicksons on
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Slim » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:27 pm

shawzy wrote:Gonna watch MOTD in a min.Look forward to seein there view on it.Hope Lee Dicksons on

We have two threads on it at the moment, I posted it in the other one...but here.

Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:36 pm

Slim wrote:
shawzy wrote:Gonna watch MOTD in a min.Look forward to seein there view on it.Hope Lee Dicksons on

We have two threads on it at the moment, I posted it in the other one...but here.

looking closely for the first time, I have to say all Ade did was stand on his hand.
edgeley blue

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:53 pm

edgeley blue wrote:
Slim wrote:

looking closely for the first time, I have to say all Ade did was stand on his hand.

I think maybe you should look a bit closer
Rag_hater

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:00 pm

edgeley blue wrote:
Slim wrote:

well the stud mark on his face says different i think Ade will get done here.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby edgeley blue » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:04 pm

Decided to take your advice and look at it more closely, you might have something going there, it did kinda look like he tried to snip his fringe. I will maintain that van percy ferkin deseved it though.
edgeley blue

Postby Rag_hater » Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:08 pm

edgeley blue wrote:Decided to take your advice and look at it more closely, you might have something going there, it did kinda look like he tried to snip his fringe. I will maintain that van percy ferkin deseved it though.

I'm not doubting that he may have deserved it just I think Ade did catch on the face
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum