How many times?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

How many times have you been to watch City live?

Never
8%
1-10
13%
10-50
10%
50-100
8%
100+
54%
10k+ City Legend
8%

Total votes : 102

Re: How many times?

Postby Sister of fu » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:26 pm

ant london wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
God what fun we could have had this season and you had to go and screw it up......i will never forgive you....EVER!!!

I'll make it up to you with bumper super special fun when I'm back....don't worry....and I'll get back a few times post-xmas....just a bit tricky until then work-wise

You'll forgive me when I work my magic on you ;-)

You better had do. Let me know what games your back for, big drinkarooney session in order and Nandos...!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Beeks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:38 pm

As most know i'm due to be a dad next year and I suppose i'm looking forward to taking the boy/girl to their first match...my girlfriend is a Liverpool fan but i've told her the kid will be a blue end of story
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:39 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
ant london wrote:
Sister of fu wrote:
God what fun we could have had this season and you had to go and screw it up......i will never forgive you....EVER!!!

I'll make it up to you with bumper super special fun when I'm back....don't worry....and I'll get back a few times post-xmas....just a bit tricky until then work-wise

You'll forgive me when I work my magic on you ;-)

You better had do. Let me know what games your back for, big drinkarooney session in order and Nandos...!!!

well I'm defo home for Stoke at home on Boxing Day and if you are keen for a trip to Wolverhampton we can do Wolves on the 28th

Then, I'm back home again at the end of January for a wedding

And I'll try to get back at least twice more before the end of the season
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby dazby » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:50 pm

None, but thanks for rubbing it in.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby walshawblue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:53 pm

After 50 years of watching the blues all over it must be in the thousands don't know how many though
BORN TO BE BLUE
walshawblue
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: CITY
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:56 pm

dazby wrote:None, but thanks for rubbing it in.

that's what you get for not supporting your local team ;-)
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:09 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
joolsbikini wrote:
blootoof wrote:
joolsbikini wrote:I voted Never.

Only been a City fan since 1969, always living no more than fifteen miles from either ground and had lots of times with a fat wallet, just never seemed to get the inclination to drive down or get on a bus or train.

I'd much rather catch them on Match of the Day or more recently on Sky, Setanta or ESPN.

I can't even be arsed to go to the pub to watch them because there's always people shouting abuse at the big screen.

I do have an MCFC key ring that I show people if they doubt my support though.

You want to post that on bluemoan mate. Guaranteed 20 pages of snarling.

I'll give it a go but only been posting a short time so not allowed to start topic yet, will look out for a similar thread. I quite enjoy a good lambasting over the internet.

I almost had the villages with torches knocking down my front door because of one comment on a scouse band (Shack) forum regarding scousers pissing on the dead and dying at Hillsborough.

Some people!

You're obviously a WUM

But a funny one.

Only 21 unfortunately.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:10 pm

Like a few others 10k+ might be a bit steep but 100+ is well understated.But as I started approx 50 years ago and counting reserves plus now counting training and not forgetting all those dreams I have had where I watched them win all sorts of trophies it will be a pretty big number.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby crossan » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:11 pm

In the thousands but not 10,000.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Scatman » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:11 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As most know i'm due to be a dad next year and I suppose i'm looking forward to taking the boy/girl to their first match...my girlfriend is a Liverpool fan but i've told her the kid will be a blue end of story

a glory hunter more like
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:18 pm

Scatman wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:As most know i'm due to be a dad next year and I suppose i'm looking forward to taking the boy/girl to their first match...my girlfriend is a Liverpool fan but i've told her the kid will be a blue end of story

a glory hunter more like

Here's hoping Scat...here's hoping! ;-)
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby City1970 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:23 pm

Went regular when I was a kid from 1970 to 1977, then moved away from manchester, and I could only go when my dad took me. Started to go again when i was 16, and I had left school in 1986. Then joined the navy in 1988 and trips to Maine Road were few and far between, until 1997. Only missed a handful of games since 97, so its 660 plus away games, around 700 games.
Last edited by City1970 on Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manchester City - F**king up U****d since 2009
City1970
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Err...guess
My favourite player is: Mike Doyle

Postby One cap Whitey » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:55 pm

Started in 79 and been a ST Holder since 80/81 so its somewhere around 900 times including aways.

Just for the record, City have played around 5285 competetive games in total.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:04 pm

mr_nool wrote:1-10 sadly. I'm working on it, though!

Me too. Seen City just twice...but hope to make that a couple times a year from here on out.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ruralblue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Have gone for the hundred plus, but probably nearer 300 or so, and up until I took my lad to his first couple of games last season I have never once paid for a ticket, nor pop / beer / program / burger. I was so fortunate it is quite unbelieveable, a couple of lads in my little village took me under their wing when I was about 13 /14 and took me season in season out and never once let me pay for anything. The kindness they showed me was amazing, also sat in some of the finest seats available too. I owe those tow chaps so mych and it hurts me to this day that very sadly Tony died a young death a couple of years back and never got to see the revolution, and he supported them since he was a kid and probably in John68 bracket.

Rural
I haven't a fecking clue what I'm doing! Gillie come back man I want my sig back. As the Photobucket thingy gone?
ruralblue
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: MANCHESTER CITY
My favourite player is: KOMPANY / SILVA

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:14 pm

ruralblue wrote:Have gone for the hundred plus, but probably nearer 300 or so, and up until I took my lad to his first couple of games last season I have never once paid for a ticket, nor pop / beer / program / burger. I was so fortunate it is quite unbelieveable, a couple of lads in my little village took me under their wing when I was about 13 /14 and took me season in season out and never once let me pay for anything. The kindness they showed me was amazing, also sat in some of the finest seats available too. I owe those tow chaps so mych and it hurts me to this day that very sadly Tony died a young death a couple of years back and never got to see the revolution, and he supported them since he was a kid and probably in John68 bracket.

Rural

class story that rural! I love it when you hear stuff like this....really restores your faith in human nature

very sad that Tony didn't get to see El City. Never mind though, he'll get regular updates...I've heard that God is a City fan
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Burt » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:15 pm

ruralblue wrote:Have gone for the hundred plus, but probably nearer 300 or so, and up until I took my lad to his first couple of games last season I have never once paid for a ticket, nor pop / beer / program / burger. I was so fortunate it is quite unbelieveable, a couple of lads in my little village took me under their wing when I was about 13 /14 and took me season in season out and never once let me pay for anything. The kindness they showed me was amazing, also sat in some of the finest seats available too. I owe those tow chaps so mych and it hurts me to this day that very sadly Tony died a young death a couple of years back and never got to see the revolution, and he supported them since he was a kid and probably in John68 bracket.

Rural

Just got back from a funeral, so feeling a little emotional and your post made me happy and sad Rural fella.

Keep the faith bud:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby mr_nool » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:59 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:
mr_nool wrote:1-10 sadly. I'm working on it, though!

Me too. Seen City just twice...but hope to make that a couple times a year from here on out.

Then I'm getting one up on you on December 5. All's set for my trip now!
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby DoomMerchant » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:07 pm

ant london wrote:

Rural

class story that rural! I love it when you hear stuff like this....really restores your faith in human nature

very sad that Tony didn't get to see El City. Never mind though, he'll get regular updates...I've heard that God is a City fan

it's actually Allah who's the City fan. Get it right, infidel!
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby ant london » Wed Oct 14, 2009 4:09 pm

You my dear, have a deal!

We can have Nandos on the train....fucking live it up like royalty we will

Then we will get pissed up and lairy!!
ant london