MOM v Chelski

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Your MOM v Chelski

Shay Given
12%
Micah Richards
2%
Wayne Bridge
No votes
Kolo Toure
1%
Joleon Lescott
4%
Nigel De Jong
66%
Gareth Barry
No votes
Shaun Wright-Phillips
3%
Robinho
No votes
Carlos Tevez
11%
Emmanuel Adebayor
No votes
Vincent Kompany
No votes
Nedum Onuoha
No votes
Pablo Zabaleta
No votes

Total votes : 134

Re: MOM v Chelski

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:31 pm

Wonderwall wrote:NDJ was awesome today and his workrate was second to none. He was still up for leading the attack when the whistle went, he has some engine and that was fantastic to see. Intelligent play all round.

We had 10 amazing players on the park today, however, I reckon we would have won comfortably if Bellers was fit and playing as Robbie was shite! He should have been replaced by petrov and he would have been if the team had not suffered the problems of the full backs being injured.

DISAGREE ON ROBHINO BEING SUPPOSEDLY SHITE.....HE GOT STUCK IN MATE...MAYBE GOING FORWARD HE WASNT MUCH OF A THREAT BUT HE DEFINATLY GOT STUCK IN ALL GAME.

THE GUYS ALSO BEEN OUT FOR 3 MONTHS SO I THINK WE SHOULOD GO EASY ON HIM.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wonderwall » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:34 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Wonderwall wrote:NDJ was awesome today and his workrate was second to none. He was still up for leading the attack when the whistle went, he has some engine and that was fantastic to see. Intelligent play all round.

We had 10 amazing players on the park today, however, I reckon we would have won comfortably if Bellers was fit and playing as Robbie was shite! He should have been replaced by petrov and he would have been if the team had not suffered the problems of the full backs being injured.

DISAGREE ON ROBHINO BEING SUPPOSEDLY SHITE.....HE GOT STUCK IN MATE...MAYBE GOING FORWARD HE WASNT MUCH OF A THREAT BUT HE DEFINATLY GOT STUCK IN ALL GAME.

robbie was not good at all today and gave the ball away, I know he got back, but big woohoo, bellers would have sorted us out big style today.
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby Dronny » Sat Dec 05, 2009 10:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

robbie was not good at all today and gave the ball away, I know he got back, but big woohoo, bellers would have sorted us out big style today.

So funny how you watch a game, thought Robbie had a real team game today. Got to say i was gutted that bellers was injured cos he offers so much more than an attacking htreat, but there you goes....pays your money and takes your choice...................why the fuc* didn't they play like this when i watched 'em last week :-(
Dronny
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: The one and only
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby psut1 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 pm

Nige, don't fuck with the baldies, de Jong
"I scored after 19 minutes a "bluemoon" goal - David White picked it up, he saw me standing alone, he crossed and I hammered it home. The moon had turned gold"
(Niall Quinn the autobiography)
psut1
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:19 pm

Dronny wrote:De Schlong, nasty cu*t, just fucklin' perfect

Ha ha fucking love it..!!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Blueboylewis » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:26 pm

Sister of fu wrote:
Dronny wrote:De Schlong, nasty cu*t, just fucklin' perfect

Ha ha fucking love it..!!!

What? You fucken love his schlong? :)

I bet you wouldent mind him getting aggressive with you hey Andie :)
Blueboylewis

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Bojinov's left foot » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:27 pm

De Jong for me. Awesome performance.

IMO special mention for Given, Lescott, Tevez & SWP. Would be easy to say the whole team - they were brilliant. Good to see Adebayor putting the effort in too.

What a bench we had that enabled us to bring on Onuoha, Kompany & Zabaleta - quality.

To come from 1 goal down against Chelsea and win - magnificent.

Great atmosphere - before, during and after.
Bojinov's left foot
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:27 am

Nigel was immense today but to be fair there were plenty of top performances out there and that's what it takes to beat a team like Chelsea. Just in terms of pure effort how good were Tevez and SWP. Watching some of the sprints from them both through the whole game was amazing.

Robinho , yes he wasn't great as we know he can be but he worked quite hard and it's another game back for him to full fitness and let's look forward to him winning a game for us soon. As for Bellers I am not sure he could have controlled himslef in a game like that , a booking for sure and who knows what he might have got involved with .
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Fish111 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:21 am

Great performances all over the pitch but i've voted for Shay purely for that penalty save which ensured we got all three points.
Fish111

Supporter of: The Citizens
My favourite player is: Bell & Silva

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 06, 2009 10:27 am

Be great if Nigel got to see this.

I was sure that he would be a big player for us this season but he's getting better and better. I don't think I've seen such a brutally effective tackler in the Premiership for a long time. Makalele Plus IMO.

He was a fantastic signing, he's fucking supercool too. Hope he gets player of the month....deserves it fully.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Vhero » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:10 am

Nige it's amazing how hes keeping possibly one of our best players from last season Kompany on the bench. That says it all really...
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby Blue Since 76 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:20 am

From what I saw of de Jong last season, I thought he could be really important for us this season once he was properly match fit. Not sure why he's been the one sacrificed in a lot of the games as he'd probably be the first name on my team sheet, whether we were playing Chelsea or Accrington Stanley.

As for MOTM, I actually went for Tevez in the end. de Jong easily in the first half, but the work Tevez put in towards the end, both up front and in midfield scraped it for me. If only Adebayor and Robinho could work as hard...
Blue Since 76
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 11:24 am

NDJ - yet again!!

Wish I could be arsed to dig up all those posts that stated he was crap - this was no 'one-off' - he is like this all the time
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:12 pm

NDJ probably was MOM but I dont think Barry is getting enough credit for his performance yesterday as I thought both him and NDJ ruled midfield.
Gareth put in as many tackles as Nigel in more important parts of the pitch and his passing was more attacking.
For me Gareth definately deseves some plaudits.
And I think SWP had his worst game for a few weeks.His first touch was not all that yesterday and for me thats normally one of the best parts of his game.
Rag_hater

Postby peg-6 » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:29 pm

Hand up for De jong. Best player I have seen for a long time.
peg-6
Robinho's Step Over

Postby Original Dub » Sun Dec 06, 2009 12:54 pm

edge275 wrote:De Jong for me as well but Tevez runs him a close second and not just for his goal.

Those two players are a delight for managers. Never complain, always give 100%. I'm made up we signed Tevez

Could not agree more brother Edge.

I had to argue with a couple of numpties that were trying to tell me Tevez was comparable to Paul Dickov and Darius Vassell. Its like comparing a Skoda to a fucking Ferarri and like I said at the time, only a city fan could come out with something like that because we're used to having such dross playing up front.... and I'll say it again - if any knowledgeable neutral fan heard such utter shit they'd PISS themselves laughing.

Carlos Tevez - you will be a man city great. OD will stake his fine reputation on it ;)
Original Dub

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Svensational wrote:
Yeah a dickhead in work tryied telling me hes a rich mans Paul Dickov, what a cock! And that he was only good at coming off the bench and running round like a headless chicken.

what a crock of shit, so much more to his game than that...he is also totally capable of starting the match and running round like a headless chicken
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby shawzy » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:07 pm

Out on the piss last night and had loads of rags saying how brilliant De Jong is and would love him in a red shirt.Haha
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby ant london » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:10 pm

shawzy wrote:Out on the piss last night and had loads of rags saying how brilliant De Jong is and would love him in a red shirt.Haha

It was a big big performance in a massive game. Massive player with gargantuan balls and hard as nails

I want the OS to do a Nigel video of him marmalizing people
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mark Garrett » Sun Dec 06, 2009 1:24 pm

Nigel De Jong for me. Another excellent performance by him and his reaction at the end of the game shows how much it meant to him and he really seems to have a bond with us the fans. He ran towards the fans in the South East corner vocal section and throw his shirt into the crowd. Top effort.

Also it's worth noting that in all the big games this season - United, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Aston Villa - he has been very good to outstanding. Quality player
MANCINI Record at City

2009-10 League..................Pld 21 - W 11 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 40 - GA 18 - Pts 38...Finished 5th
2010-11 League..................Pld 38 - W 21 - D 8 - L 9 - GF 60 - GA 33 - Pts 71...Finished 3rd..FA Cup Winners
2011-12 League..................Pld 38 - W 28 - D 5 - L 5 - GF 93 - GA 29 - Pts 89...Finished 1st..League Champions
2012-13 League..................Pld 36 - W 22 - D 9 - L 5 - GF 62 - GA 31 - Pts 75...Finished 2nd

Domestic Cups record.........Pld 30 - W 18 - D 4 - L 8 - GF 63 - GA 36
European Cups record.........Pld 28 - W 13 - D 7 - L 8 - GF 43 - GA 29

Overall record at City......Pld 191 - W 113 - D 38 - L 40 - GF 361 - GA 176

(Updated after the Wigan FA Cup Final game)
Mark Garrett
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Shaun Goater and Sergio

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum