The official transfer update thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: RUN UP TO THE TRANSFER WINDOW (5 DAYS TO GO)

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:20 am

MaseCTID wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
I was a bit neutral on Hughes - but in his shoes - with limited time to get results - I would not have had this bloke on the bench until he had shown in the reserves that he had some appetite - the goals scored through Micah being out of position is a reason he was sacked

So it wasn't Barry, Lescott, Toure, Bridge playing shite? Just Richards? Burnley's third that hit Bridge on the back of the head was Micah's fault though. Why the fuck didn't he run 30 yards across to the left back position to head it out before it got to Bridge? Or he could have at least given him a shout, "Bridgey, watch out for this ball that we're playing with hitting you on the back of the head!" Come to think about it, why did Micah get Bellers sent off against Bolton?? I'm sure I saw him run over to the ref shouting "That's a booking ref, he dived!!" He was bang out of order setting Bellers up against Arsenal for our second, and probably most important goal in that match, as well. I think all this got Hughes the sack. Definitely. Why not play mad Zab? Maybe he'll get the odd sending off or five but who cares?

That is cheap and easy - actually by extension I was saying that the performances of players got Hughes the sack - but my response was towards a civil post commenting on my somewhat extreme views on Richards as being a total egotist donkey - I admitted I do not like feeling that way.

Your post diverts from what I was saying and comes across as a silly rant - but I will try and give it some respect:

You comment on players being to blame for Hughes getting the sack - I was a neutral - do not know what your position was / is:

But in order of players letting the manager down I would go:

1/ Richards------------------ lazy fucker with no football brain - unable to cross - unable get past players - therefore it follows shit RB - cost us loads of goals and destroyed momentum when going forward

2/ Robinho------------------ never gave Hughes support either on / off the pitch and whilst not 'explicit' he created unrest

3/ Ade----------------------- Showed us what he has got and then went AWOL after the ban - could have made much more effort

The above because of attitude issues

4/ Barry---------------------- So good at the start of the season and then crap - hope it was his injury?
5/ Lescott------------------- But at least he tried - just was in terrible form since his move - just some signs of coming good - injury
6/ Toure--------------------- Similar - but I would like to see him much more vocal as a captain and the likes of Richards would get the message that he cannot just jog about went out of position - there may be a 2nd play in which he could contribute
7/ Bridge -------------------- Never seen such a one footed player in my life - but again effort was there - along with the mistakes, but lets compare the 2 FBs - One of them can cross - one of then can get past players - one of them can play passes into his team mates - one of them does not just give up when losing the ball up field but RUNS back to try and put it right - one of them is not a marde twat spending lots of time with his hands on his hips blaming others for his fuck-ups while the game goes on and the opposition get chance to score (I think you can work out who) - and if I am not sure Bridge is good enough - well that explains enough about my view on Richards

The above had poor form at times

8/Stevie, 9/ Shaun,

These for not reproducing the form that they had last year - could have turned so many results our way

10/ Petrov, 11/ Zab, 12/ Ned

These for not making a slot their own when given a chance therefore leaving Hughes reverting back to others

13/ RSC

For not getting fit enough to displace Ade earlier

But I guess these failing means Hughes got himself sacked by not sorting them - and tactical issues such as playing Rob left (when fit) - he is central or nowhere!!, not getting a new RB in the summer

That leaves this season's hall of fame candidates to be:

Given, Tevez, Bellers - all 3 equally TOP

BTW - whilst it easy to take the road you did and just spout off some random events to try and score a point - it is actually possible to make a point without having to do that.

That said - what is easy (and actually more relevant) is to point out the many many goals / chances that teams have got due to Richards shit play / lack of effort this season
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Mon Dec 28, 2009 10:39 am

mcfc1632 wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:
I was a bit neutral on Hughes - but in his shoes - with limited time to get results - I would not have had this bloke on the bench until he had shown in the reserves that he had some appetite - the goals scored through Micah being out of position is a reason he was sacked

So it wasn't Barry, Lescott, Toure, Bridge playing shite? Just Richards? Burnley's third that hit Bridge on the back of the head was Micah's fault though. Why the fuck didn't he run 30 yards across to the left back position to head it out before it got to Bridge? Or he could have at least given him a shout, "Bridgey, watch out for this ball that we're playing with hitting you on the back of the head!" Come to think about it, why did Micah get Bellers sent off against Bolton?? I'm sure I saw him run over to the ref shouting "That's a booking ref, he dived!!" He was bang out of order setting Bellers up against Arsenal for our second, and probably most important goal in that match, as well. I think all this got Hughes the sack. Definitely. Why not play mad Zab? Maybe he'll get the odd sending off or five but who cares?

That is cheap and easy - actually by extension I was saying that the performances of players got Hughes the sack - but my response was towards a civil post commenting on my somewhat extreme views on Richards as being a total egotist donkey - I admitted I do not like feeling that way.

Your post diverts from what I was saying and comes across as a silly rant - but I will try and give it some respect:

You comment on players being to blame for Hughes getting the sack - I was a neutral - do not know what your position was / is:

But in order of players letting the manager down I would go:

1/ Richards------------------ lazy fucker with no football brain - unable to cross - unable get past players - therefore it follows shit RB - cost us loads of goals and destroyed momentum when going forward

2/ Robinho------------------ never gave Hughes support either on / off the pitch and whilst not 'explicit' he created unrest

3/ Ade----------------------- Showed us what he has got and then went AWOL after the ban - could have made much more effort

The above because of attitude issues

4/ Barry---------------------- So good at the start of the season and then crap - hope it was his injury?
5/ Lescott------------------- But at least he tried - just was in terrible form since his move - just some signs of coming good - injury
6/ Toure--------------------- Similar - but I would like to see him much more vocal as a captain and the likes of Richards would get the message that he cannot just jog about went out of position - there may be a 2nd play in which he could contribute
7/ Bridge -------------------- Never seen such a one footed player in my life - but again effort was there - along with the mistakes, but lets compare the 2 FBs - One of them can cross - one of then can get past players - one of them can play passes into his team mates - one of them does not just give up when losing the ball up field but RUNS back to try and put it right - one of them is not a marde twat spending lots of time with his hands on his hips blaming others for his fuck-ups while the game goes on and the opposition get chance to score (I think you can work out who)

The above had poor form at times

8/Stevie, 9/ Shaun,

These for not reproducing the form that they had last year - could have turned so many results our way

10/ Petrov, 11/ Zab, 12/ Ned

These for not making a slot their own when given a chance therefore leaving Hughes reverting back to others

12/ RSC

For not getting fit enough to displace Ade earlier

But I guess these failing means Hughes got himself sacked by not sorting them - and tactical issues such as playing Rob left (when fit) - he is central or nowhere!!, not getting a new RB in the summer

That leaves this season's hall of fame candidates to be:

Given, Tevez, Bellers - all 3 equally TOP

BTW - whilst it easy to take the road you did and just spout off some random events to try and score a point - it is actually possible to make a point without having to do that.

That said - what is easy (and actually more relevant) is to point out the many many goals / chances that teams have got due to Richards shit play / lack of effort this season

You are a City fan, so I respect your opinion.
But if you are saying:

"1/ Richards------------------ lazy fucker with no football brain - unable to cross - unable get past players - therefore it follows shit RB - cost us loads of goals and destroyed momentum when going forward"

Why was Hughes still picking him then? Surely if he was that bad then Hughes would not have played him? And because he did, does that not make it the fault of Hughes for getting himself sacked?

It's quite easy to jump on individual players backs. We've done it for years as City fans. Edghill is a brilliant example. But by doing so where has that got us? I'm not directing this at you personally, but to the general fans that pick out certain players for criticism EVERY game, whether they play well or not. You think by people shouting "You're shite Micah!" or "We need to fuck him off ASAP" then that's going to make him play better? The guys 21 FFS! People ASSUME he's arrogent, self-centred, etc but people who actually know him and have spoken to him say he comes across really well and loves the club.

In the past he's shown the raw talents of what could turn in to a top quality player. In fact, he's shown a lot more promise than someone like Ned, who can do no wrong in certain City fans eyes. But yet because he's shown that promise previously, everyone is expecting that every single time he plays, whether he's still only 21 or not he has to deliver. When he's out of position for a goal, why wasn't he being taken to one side in training and shown what he's doing wrong? Is it his fault that he hasn't been coached in the right way to improve on those raw talents we saw?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby mcfc1632 » Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:18 am

That is why I said in that post:

"But I guess these failings mean Hughes got himself sacked by not sorting them - and tactical issues such as playing Rob left (when fit) - he is central or nowhere!!..."

As a club - a team and as fans we need to move on to the potential that has been given to us from 'out of nowhere' - we have simply won the lottery.... - it would be 'typical CITY' to cock up an opportunity that every other club (no matter what they say) would beg for

I absolutely do want us to bring youth through - of course we need to - and the thoughts that we are going to cast the net wide across the world is mouth-watering

Re our current youth - they also deserve their chance but that has to be professionally managed and controlled - not based on 'previous CITY' mentality where we would be happy to bring a player in at the mid-prem level or like Shaunie that we could nick some money for

Even Micah when he showed great potential - our thinking was that he would move on to a Chelsea /Arsenal etc

But Micah has gone way off the boil and his next chance should come following a spell in the reserves where he finds his form again - we cannot have him looking for form in our 1st team

Re Ned - same applies - he has not fallen away as bad as Micah yet - but his role would have been a squad player behind Kolo and Lescott if all had gone to plan

Everyone raves about Vlad (understandably) - but he needs to be introduced carefully - 10 - 20mins here and there when the result is safe or we are in real trouble

Same with all new kids

The collection of points has to be the priority - we want to lead - not be one of the also-rans

We have let so many leads go through poor tactical decisions - bringing Petrov on when we have come back from 2 down to be in front - as just one example - we need to lock it down!!

I am just concerned that we need the right mentality to focus on being top - not one of the pack
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:23 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
MaseCTID wrote:
mcfc1632 wrote:"
Your post diverts from what I was saying and comes across as a silly rant - but I will try and give it some respect: "

Lol...

That is a very cool language handling masterpiece that teach me a lot.

On the other hand I'm not deemed to interfere on a gentlemen' debate...

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:46 pm

Does the transfer window open at 12 tonight or tomorrow night.

Apparently the window opens on the 2nd of January?
Blueboylewis

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby john@staustell » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:54 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:Does the transfer window open at 12 tonight or tomorrow night.

It opens at midnight but everybody is pissed up, and the FA is probably closed until Monday at the earliest, so.................................
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby rick1894citizen » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:59 pm

Excited about the window now :) Keep telling myself not to, but now that it's nearly here and we have had a couple of good results i just know il spend january on here and newsnow.

I really hope we can get a class defender like Chiellini and then a squad player like Cordobra to push the rest of our defenders on and hopefully we can carry on our recent improvements in defence until may.

Pretty happy with our squad and don't think we'll buy more than 3 as summer will be the main time to buy (hopefully have CL football to offer) and a pot in the cupboard to start off our most glorious period of winning trophies.
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Blueboylewis » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:07 pm

john@staustell wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:Does the transfer window open at 12 tonight or tomorrow night.

It opens at midnight but everybody is pissed up, and the FA is probably closed until Monday at the earliest, so.................................

Haha fair enough. Cheers
Blueboylewis

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:50 pm

rick1894citizen wrote:Excited about the window now :) Keep telling myself not to, but now that it's nearly here and we have had a couple of good results i just know il spend january on here and newsnow.

I really hope we can get a class defender like Chiellini and then a squad player like Cordobra to push the rest of our defenders on and hopefully we can carry on our recent improvements in defence until may.

Pretty happy with our squad and don't think we'll buy more than 3 as summer will be the main time to buy (hopefully have CL football to offer) and a pot in the cupboard to start off our most glorious period of winning trophies.

I know what you mean Rick, i told myself not to get excited about the last window and that went down the shitter really quick lol. So i dont think ive got any chance of not getting excited for this window, but like you said i dont think we really need much we really need to improve the defence and maybe some cover for SWP as Mancini dos'nt look like he's gonna play Weiss any time soon but thats about it.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Re: RUN UP TO THE TRANSFER WINDOW (1 DAYS TO GO)

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:12 am

I have just had a look on ssn to see if the window has opened now and yes it has!
So happy transfer window to everyone!

Are we all ready and strapped in for the ride?
Blueboylewis

Re: The official transfer update thread

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:14 am

Throughout the month i will update this first page and whole thread on all the transfers that are going on around the world. But especially City!
But obviously if we are close to signing a player we start a new thread lol.
Blueboylewis

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:12 am

Can't believe we've not signed anyone yet. It's been 5hours!!

Gonna be an exciting month ahead! Let's hope noone bottles it this time eh!
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:07 pm

Apparently Maxi Rodriguez or however you spell it could be on for a move to anfied and Ruud Van Nisteroy (Excuse the spelling) could also be on for a move back to the premier league.
Blueboylewis

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:08 pm

Sky sports news undertands that Liverpool are now in talks with Mxi Rodriguez
Blueboylewis

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:12 pm

Svensational wrote:I bet we wont even sign anybody until the last day of the window. Always flipping happens.

A mate told me we've lodged a £10mil bid for Phil Nevillie though...

Nah, I can see us having a fairly lively transfer window.

Thats bollox that Sven lol. We can do better than him.
Blueboylewis

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:35 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:
Svensational wrote:I bet we wont even sign anybody until the last day of the window. Always flipping happens.

Lewis our new legend is pulling yer chain mate lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:36 pm

i will keep on looking at Bluemoon's transfer thread too because there can be some, whats the word, Interesting stuff on there. I have just seen this.

"My old manager is in charge of one of the academy teams and we still keep in touch, i know he speaks to Gary Cook alot because he told me about the Barry signing before it happened, but he asked me not to tell anyone. Well apparently Mancini aims to bring in 5 players in January, he has spoke to the owners and they have sanctioned the transfers. I can confirm he was interested in Goran Pandev but he has moved to Inter so that move is over. But my source has told me of two players that Mancini is already in talks with ''apparently''
1. Ivan Cordoba ( papers are reporting it but it is true )
2. Taye Taiwo ( Marseille left back )"
Blueboylewis

Postby Blueboylewis » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:42 pm

gillie wrote:
Blueboylewis wrote:

Lewis our new legend is pulling yer chain mate lol.

I was going along with it Gillie lol :)

I knew it was never true haha.
Blueboylewis

Postby gillie » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:43 pm

Blueboylewis wrote:i will keep on looking at Bluemoon's transfer thread too because there can be some, whats the word, Interesting stuff on there. I have just seen this.

"My old manager is in charge of one of the academy teams and we still keep in touch, i know he speaks to Gary Cook alot because he told me about the Barry signing before it happened, but he asked me not to tell anyone. Well apparently Mancini aims to bring in 5 players in January, he has spoke to the owners and they have sanctioned the transfers. I can confirm he was interested in Goran Pandev but he has moved to Inter so that move is over. But my source has told me of two players that Mancini is already in talks with ''apparently''
1. Ivan Cordoba ( papers are reporting it but it is true )
2. Taye Taiwo ( Marseille left back )"

And the ITKs have started already lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby MARKMAKAVELI » Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:49 pm

After the last transfer window these words have lost all credibility and meaning....

"Sky Sports News understands..."
MARKMAKAVELI
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum