Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Robinho: The Substituted Substitute

Postby Colin the King » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:03 am

In his mind, Robinho is a world class player. In the reality that thousands of people see every weekend, he has a poor attitude, no strength, no willingness to work hard and as such his productivity is low- that makes him, despite having the potential within, an average player with not very much to offer our team. What use is having talent? It's showing that talent on a regular basis that makes a player world class.

It's close to 18 months at City now and in that time he's scored 15 goals, of which two were away from Eastlands. The stepovers and backheels might appease young kids- but surely that's it. Surely when you analyse his entire game and see no pace, no physical strength, no defensive effort, little or no desire diluted by occasional moments of brilliance, it's abundantly clear that to call Robinho 'world class' is an insult to those who actually are. You have to do it more than 8 or 10 times in a calendar year.

I caught the end of Barcelona's game tonight- Messi, Xavi, Iniesta- these are world class players because they produce the goods every week, as they did tonight. They are as menacing against the big teams as they are devastating against the minnows. Messi is 22 and has just reached 101 goals for his club- Mr. Souza is a million and one miles away from that.

Mentality is such a crucial part of being successful in football. If Robinho's mindset stays as it is, there's no place for him in this City team. Never mind world football, he's not even the best in our squad.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:25 am

Good post CTK.

Robinho is an imposter in our side. He has offered us nothing this season and has rarely kicked a ball almost a full calendar year ago. It's almost identical situation we find ourselves in like his buddy Elano. Looked good when he came to the club, then disapeared.

Robinho was not good enough for Real Madrid, He's not good enough for us and I can see him ending up at a Greek or Turkish club who love to sign big names who are living on past reputations.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:01 am

Colin the King wrote:In his mind, Robinho is a world class player. In the reality that thousands of people see every weekend, he has a poor attitude, no strength, no willingness to work hard and as such his productivity is low- that makes him, despite having the potential within, an average player with not very much to offer our team. What use is having talent? It's showing that talent on a regular basis that makes a player world class.

It's close to 18 months at City now and in that time he's scored 15 goals, of which two were away from Eastlands. The stepovers and backheels might appease young kids- but surely that's it. Surely when you analyse his entire game and see no pace, no physical strength, no defensive effort, little or no desire diluted by occasional moments of brilliance, it's abundantly clear that to call Robinho 'world class' is an insult to those who actually are. You have to do it more than 8 or 10 times in a calendar year.

I caught the end of Barcelona's game tonight- Messi, Xavi, Iniesta- these are world class players because they produce the goods every week, as they did tonight. They are as menacing against the big teams as they are devastating against the minnows. Messi is 22 and has just reached 101 goals for his club- Mr. Souza is a million and one miles away from that.

Mentality is such a crucial part of being successful in football. If Robinho's mindset stays as it is, there's no place for him in this City team. Never mind world football, he's not even the best in our squad.

very good post , but who is going to have a 1-1 with robbie and tell him how it is? surely he needs it , i just get the feeling he has people round him telling him

" oh you had an off day son nevermind your still one of if not the best in the world it will come " every single game.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby SORTED » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:41 am

Colin the King wrote:In his mind, Robinho is a world class player. In the reality that thousands of people see every weekend, he has a poor attitude, no strength, no willingness to work hard and as such his productivity is low- that makes him, despite having the potential within, an average player with not very much to offer our team. What use is having talent? It's showing that talent on a regular basis that makes a player world class.

Spot on fella. It's a shame someone can't read this out to the lad.
SORTED
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Kladze » Sun Jan 17, 2010 5:46 am

Well said CtK

Pretty much what I think except I just said "He's bobbins". ;-)
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby King Kev » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:29 am

Svensational wrote:I like Robinho, and when hes on form hes outstanding. But week by week im beginning to fall out of love with the guy. Regardless of what we paid for him at any price, Robinho is supposed to be one of the greats in the world and at this moment in time he doesnt even deserve to be in our squad.

I really hope Mancini can get into his head and try and get the best out of him for the rest of the season, if that fails then I think we'll be seeing the back of him in the summer.
I agree with all of this.

I have defended Robinho many times both on here and in the real world but I am really running out of patience with him now.

As Colin the King says, great players work hard. Robinho is a gifted player but, until he sorts his attitude out, he won't become a great player. I hope Mancini can sort him out but fear that he is beyond help.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:31 am

Spot on as always.

What I find weird is that Barcelon would actually be interested of him. We need to get rid of him in summer and hope we can recoup some of the money. Then spend it on similar player but someone with right mindset. We DO still need flair but you have to be able to offer at least something even in games where your magic isn't working.

Robinho doesn't need to look further than to SWP. When he goes through rough spell and doesn't seem to be ebating his fullbacks, he STILL contributes by trying to help defence and making those runs (even in vain) to help stretch opposition dfence and create space for players around him. That's all I want. I know there are people who Robinho could never please no matter what he did but for me, showing that he is trying even if it's not happening for him would be enough. But he isn't. He just doesn't care and is sulking big time.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Crossie » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:33 am

Mancini was a winger
Crossie
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Vinny

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:38 am

Crossie wrote:Mancini was a winger

As player? No he wasn't. As traditional "number 10" attacking midfielder/forward playing behind main striker as they come. Sometimes dropped to central midfield but I can never remember seeing him on the wing. Especially considering how slow he was even in his prime.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:54 am

Robson was Mancini's scapegoat yesterday for his own mistakes.All managers are gonna make mistakes so he has to be given a bit of leeway this time.
However there is no way he was any worse than NDJ,Zabaletta,Kompany,Bellamy who kept getting tackled or losing the ball or Carlos who was non existant.He did his piggy in the middle forcing the toffee's to pass a bit quicker so no doubt thats the vouge.
SWP was no better when he came on.The only one who did make a bit of a difference was Benji.
The subbing of Robson may show that Roberto isn't to be fucked around with but as for actually giving us more of a chance of snatching a draw or winning it was the wrong move.
Rag_hater

Postby john@staustell » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 am

He was piss poor - again. It was easy to predict he'd be subbed and he was. I reckon Bobby Manc would've put Benjani on first instead of RSC, but against his better judgement he gave Robinho a chance to grab the limelight and make something for himself. This chance he sadly passed up.

Most commentators are starting to agree that the best thing for City is to pack him off asap, and I'm starting to go with that idea.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:55 am

Although Robbie didn't have the best of games, I wouldn't say he was as bad as the rest. We seemed to have no midfield presence to get the ball to the forwards, and for Mancio to believe that we could play the likes of Bellers, Tevez and Robbie against a battering Everton team, was just naive. At least by bringing Benji on there would have been someone to play off and get behind their defence, not try to walk through.

Mancio's tactics with an under strength squad were just wrong, and we payed for it.

Just my 2 penneth.

PS. Fellaini was awesome.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby blue 68 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:11 am

The spoilt brat is not worth a place in the side if he isn't interested. He's an embarassment to himself and I truely hope he turns this around but his mental attitude is poor, his heart isn't with us (although I get the feeling he's always going to be a "grass is greener" type of player) and he must be entering his final chapter with City.
Only Robi can change the future, let's hope his not a piss taker.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
blue 68
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beeks » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:19 am

The realisation dawns

I've been saying he doesn't have the attitude or application to make it in the premier league since I can remember

I've never questioned his talent...he's just not suited to the Premier League...I reckon the Italian League would be more his thing...plenty of time and space on the ball
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby avoidconfusion » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:30 am

Rag_hater wrote:Robson was Mancini's scapegoat yesterday for his own mistakes.All managers are gonna make mistakes so he has to be given a bit of leeway this time.
However there is no way he was any worse than NDJ,Zabaletta,Kompany,Bellamy who kept getting tackled or losing the ball or Carlos who was non existant.He did his piggy in the middle forcing the toffee's to pass a bit quicker so no doubt thats the vouge.
SWP was no better when he came on.The only one who did make a bit of a difference was Benji.
The subbing of Robson may show that Roberto isn't to be fucked around with but as for actually giving us more of a chance of snatching a draw or winning it was the wrong move.

You must have watched a different game then because although most of our players were shite, Robinho was definitely the worst, it was like playing with 10 men.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Dubciteh » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:41 am

avoidconfusion wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Robson was Mancini's scapegoat yesterday for his own mistakes.All managers are gonna make mistakes so he has to be given a bit of leeway this time.

You must have watched a different game then because although most of our players were shite, Robinho was definitely the worst, it was like playing with 10 men.

yep he was the worse, ive never seen a grown man so afraid of a tackle or the ball in my life, we essentially played with 10 but lesson learned, im still optimistic for the season and this could be the kick up the arse we need. its a sad stare of affairs when benjani is been called for ahead of robinho(and rightly so) robbie should hang his head in shame and not collect his wages this week.
derby day the scores were level,
then the goat was fed by neville,
silly boy should know for sure,
feed the goat and he will score!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dubciteh
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Rag_hater » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:44 am

avoidconfusion wrote:

I watched the game between us and the toffees and some of what I saw is as follows:
Zabaletta gave away a free kick which led to their first goal,
I saw NDJ do very little which allowed Fellani to put in a MOM performance,
I saw Bellamy give the ball away a number of times and get tackled and bullied of the ball on numerous occassions,
Was Carlos playing,Oh yeah he chased the ball a few times making Howard pass to one of his men,
I saw Kompany fuck up his defensive duities a few times.I saw Micah tug a guys shirt.
So if Robson who was on the end of Benji pass after a run or missed a volley and made the best pass of the match to Martin was making it like playing with 10 men for us I would say that with the lack of performance I saw from a lot of our other players we were playing with about 6 men.
Rag_hater

Postby ross.mcfc » Sun Jan 17, 2010 11:57 am

Dubciteh wrote:yep he was the worse, ive never seen a grown man so afraid of a tackle or the ball in my life

Do you remember Eyal Berkovic.
ross.mcfc

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Grob wrote:Robinho and Petrov are passengers away from home. You can get away with playing one on a good day but both......

For someone who has so much talent to produce so little is a shame.

I wondered who would point this out. I always get in trouble for saying this, but Petrov was a disgrace too. Gives the ball away so so often it's always gonna be a problem for the team.
The wrong substitution in the first place, we had no outlet ball, we never kept hold of it going forward and only Tevez offered anything. You had to feel sorry for him running round like a loon with no help whatsoever.
We had two passengers and a team of midgets that allowed Scouse 2 to win everything, in all areas of the pitch, that was above waist height.
In fact it looked like a carbon copy of the Spurs debacle.
Last edited by Piccsnumberoneblue on Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:02 pm

Well summed up. Agree with this.
And I hate to say this, but I think about Cristiano Ronaldo, who used to be a similar show pony. But he learnt from Taggart that you need to add hard work to all your talent. Same with Messi. They don't stand with their hand in air waiting for the ball. They do something, and work hard for space. Was Robinho even on the shortlist for world player of the year?
At the moment Robinho is one of the most skilful players in the world, but not one of the greatest.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum