Real 'Bottled It'

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Real 'Bottled It'

Postby ant london » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:22 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
i'm trying not to feel patronised, but you're making it hard.
In the lying spaniard's view it would not have been possible.And if you believe you are the only guy on this board who has been involved in complex business transactions you are, I am sure, mistaken, and naive for thinking so.

you're the one who started all the capital letter tomfoolery

Don't be daft Alex, you know full well that I don't remotely think that. But what I do have a lot of experience in is doing deals that are very time-critical and where you see a lot of last minute chicanery and dirty tricks and disinformation and this whole affair stinks of that kind of stuff.

It was those parts I was seeking to illustrate. I may be mistaken....we all are sometimes
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby paulh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:28 pm

maybe it serves Real right! they have done underhand things to various clubs when trying to poach their players serves them right. but also shabby from our end in paperwork etc
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby avoidconfusion » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Serves Real Madrid right cause they could have just offered our initial offer from the get-go rather than drag this out until the window closed.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby BobKowalski » Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Wooders wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Well who the hell knows what really happened save those that were actively involved but as Gago is now stuck at RM I don't expect his agent to start slagging off the club that he currently plays for (unless his agent is monumentally stupid) and next week there will be a stories about how Gago never really wanted to leave RM and that his heart will always be with them etc etc

If City have made mistakes then lessons should be learnt and if they are not learnt then employ better people. But I'll need more than the word of a disgruntled agent whose wife is giving him grief over having to cancel there summer hols before I start venting .

FFS....

"They had nothing prepared, not even one document signed," Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano told El Pais. "They had not reached an agreement with the player and they would have had to have done everything in 40 minutes."

Fair enough but I am still disinclined to take it at face value. If it proves to be correct then I will repeat what I said in my initial post about learning lessons and if lessons are not learnt then employing better people.
BobKowalski
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby paulh » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:38 pm

if we mess up the odd potential signing here and there i fine with that when thinking where we were 2-3 years ago. I will get sorted out eventually

SALFORD IS BLUE
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:49 pm

How was it a mess up? Gago was 2nd choice, we had Mariga up until 2pm, 3 hours before it shut, i'm not suprised if we didn't have paperwork for Gago if we were confident of winning the work permit appeal.

The cheek to criticise the dealings of transfers is simply outstanding. Every transfer we have been involved in we have got and has been done perfectly, apart from Kaka who DID bottle it, Eto'o who ran out of time dicking us about and Mariga who David Pleat and Dave Bassett fucked us over on a work permit appeal.

Fucking laughable at times message boards the way they read something in a paper and start acusing all kinds of shit without knowing anything at all.
the_georgian_genius

Postby the_georgian_genius » Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:50 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
ant london wrote:
Wooders wrote:
BobKowalski wrote:Well who the hell knows what really happened save those that were actively involved but as Gago is now stuck at RM I don't expect his agent to start slagging off the club that he currently plays for (unless his agent is monumentally stupid) and next week there will be a stories about how Gago never really wanted to leave RM and that his heart will always be with them etc etc

If City have made mistakes then lessons should be learnt and if they are not learnt then employ better people. But I'll need more than the word of a disgruntled agent whose wife is giving him grief over having to cancel there summer hols before I start venting .

FFS....

"They had nothing prepared, not even one document signed," Real's sporting director Jorge Valdano told El Pais. "They had not reached an agreement with the player and they would have had to have done everything in 40 minutes."

No...FFS you Wooders

How fucking complex do you think an agreement for someone like Gago would be?

All you would need to change is the numbers in certain bloody clauses (how long for, what's included, how much).

YES for someone like Ronaldo or Beckham (ie players with more power when it comes to image rights etc) the contracts would be more complex to draft and agree but for this lad, it would be pretty straightforward.

They would have all this shit drafted and subject to minor alterations/additions agreeing would be a piece of piss. I can't believe you are so fucking naive as to believe that lying duplicitous cunt Valdano and damn our club. You utter plonker (in this instance...no offence like ;-) )

For what it's worth, I agree with Woodie Woodpecker.
I think it's almost insulting to make some halfarsed bid for a player 40 mins before deadline and then expect the player to agree personal terms in 30 minutes. To decide about where he is going to spend next few years in 30 mins.

Oh, and there's the little detail of work permit. Although we have learned our lesson about it now. Right?

I think this was handled amateurish, especially if he was Robbie Manc's main target.

It's obvious he wasn't Mancini's main target, can you not see that?
the_georgian_genius

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:33 pm

PMSL REAL MADRID OF ALL CLUBS HAVE A GO AT US ABOUT HOW WE HANDLED A TRANSFER?

THAT IS LIKE THE RAGS SLAGGING SOMEONE OFF FOR BEING IN DEBT.
The Man In Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:40 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:How was it a mess up? Gago was 2nd choice, we had Mariga up until 2pm, 3 hours before it shut, i'm not suprised if we didn't have paperwork for Gago if we were confident of winning the work permit appeal.

The cheek to criticise the dealings of transfers is simply outstanding. Every transfer we have been involved in we have got and has been done perfectly, apart from Kaka who DID bottle it, Eto'o who ran out of time dicking us about and Mariga who David Pleat and Dave Bassett fucked us over on a work permit appeal.

Fucking laughable at times message boards the way they read something in a paper and start acusing all kinds of shit without knowing anything at all.

yep, looking forward to seeing them play over the next few months
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby Blue in North London » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:43 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:How was it a mess up? Gago was 2nd choice, we had Mariga up until 2pm, 3 hours before it shut, i'm not suprised if we didn't have paperwork for Gago if we were confident of winning the work permit appeal.

100% agree. Well said.

I don't know what it is with some fans. They seem to prey on any excuse to have a go at the club and those who are running it. Staggering. We are the luckiest fans in the world but you wouldn't believe it with teh amount of moaning some fans get through
Blue in North London
Superman's Underpants

Postby ronk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:50 pm

The Man In Blue wrote:PMSL REAL MADRID OF ALL CLUBS HAVE A GO AT US ABOUT HOW WE HANDLED A TRANSFER?

THAT IS LIKE THE RAGS SLAGGING SOMEONE OFF FOR BEING IN DEBT.

I take your point but Real usually do their purchases (and often even announce them) before the transfer window even opens.

Gago might be out of favour at the moment but he has a formidable record. 28 caps for Argentina at 23 years of age is impressive, as is over 100 games for Real in 3 years.
'
Whether he was good value is another thing.

Gago's agent stated that we didn't have an agreement with the player 40 minutes before the close of the deadline, that doesn't mean we were starting negotiations then. But we all ran out of time. The fact that they're pissed off about it means that they were more than happy with the prices being talked about. In that case, it's really up to them to speed up everything. There's nothing wrong with a last minute attempt at a deal. What does "being used" even mean in the context of us trying to sign him?

Real don't want him but have been playing hardball over price, it almost came off for them. We preferred Mariga for a fraction of the transfer fee and wages; and for someone who seems more naturally suited to the premiership.

We were always going to be a little bit slow in the market with a new manager still deciding what he wanted and some very important fixtures taking 100% of our attention. We've missed out on two talented young players but we've still strengthened the squad and we might well have another look at these guys later.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Vhero » Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:50 pm

The whole situation smells of a fuckup on our part like with the Kaka saga I still think if we actually had people who knew what the fuck they were doing back then Kaka would be in a city shirt right now. I now think they haven't been replaced... I mean this quote is exactly what I mean.

"They had nothing prepared, not even one document signed," Valdano told El Pais.
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby edge275 » Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:48 pm

Wooders wrote:Did Gago want to come? Yes
Did Real want to sell? Yes
Did Mariga want to sign? Yes
Did Parma want to sell? Yes
Could Mariga have gotten a work permit if we had our act together? Yes

Did Gago or Mariga sign? No.

But its not our fault. Its a press conspiracy.

Spot on mate. Too many fuck ups going on with transfers.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Socrates » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:18 pm

Wooders wrote:Did Gago want to come? Yes
Did Real want to sell? Yes
Did Mariga want to sign? Yes
Did Parma want to sell? Yes
Could Mariga have gotten a work permit if we had our act together? Yes

Did Gago or Mariga sign? No.

But its not our fault. Its a press conspiracy.

Wooders, have I hacked into your account? I don't remember ;o)
Manchester : New York : Melbourne : Yokohama
Socrates
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: st marks (gorton)

Postby The Man In Blue » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:26 pm

kinell a paper prints quotes from that paragon of sporting integrity Valdano and City cop a load of flak.

imo RM and valdano are vexed at being taken for a ride by City, and are now mouthing off to try and shift the blame. they needed the cash from the Gago deal, and now due to trying to squeeze as much dosh out of us as possible are left with no cash plus a player who wants out.

is no-one else glad we did not buckle and pay over the odds for this guy?

i for one am happy we fucked the franquistas over. the total bastards.
The Man In Blue

Postby Chinners » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:36 pm

Top B*ll*x!
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby david yearsley » Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:38 pm

Them cnuts were clearly trying to fucl us over, upping the price for a player who´s done nowt for a very long time - we gave the twats 32 m for Robby so they thought we could be taken to the cleaners coz it´s City and we´ve got wonga - not worth 5 or 6 imo so the white trash can go back to the cocksuckers at Caja Madrid to fund their Villa bid - wankers!!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:55 pm

Manchester City dismiss Real Madrid criticism over last-ditch Fernando Gago transfer

By Sportsmail Reporter Last updated at 9:27 PM on 03rd February 2010

* Comments (0)
* Add to My Stories

Manchester City believe Real Madrid’s criticism of their attempts to sign Fernando Gago proves they acted correctly.

City returned for Gago at the 11th hour on deadline day after Kenyan McDonald Mariga was denied a work permit to join them from Parma.
Real Madrid's Fernando Gago (left)

Last ditch bid: Real Madrid's Argentina midfielder Fernando Gago (left)

Although a deal was agreed when Madrid lowered their asking price to £15.8m, it was too late to push through before the 5pm deadline on Monday and Real rejected City’s request to take Gago on loan.
McDonald Mariga

Not permitted: Parma's McDonald Mariga moved to Inter Milan instead after failing to secure a visa

Real’s sporting director Jorge Valdano said: ‘They had nothing
prepared. They had not reached an agreement with the player and they
would have had to have done everything in 40 minutes.’

City insist they could not have discussed terms with Gago until they had a deal in place with his club because that would have been
tantamount to tapping him up. They have also rubbished speculation that the deal collapsed because owner Sheik Mansour could not be
contacted to ratify it.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/footba ... z0eVpUlh29
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Wooders » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:58 pm

well thats all well and good but an explanation as to why it was left until the last 40 minutes of the transfer window is still not forthcoming (which is what they are complaining about in principle) Ronald McDonald should have been sorted way, way before the last day of the window to avoid situations like this

and soccs - no I haven't hacked your account, just sometimes difficult answers need questions :D
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby ronk » Wed Feb 03, 2010 10:24 pm

Wooders wrote:well thats all well and good but an explanation as to why it was left until the last 40 minutes of the transfer window is still not forthcoming (which is what they are complaining about in principle) Ronald McDonald should have been sorted way, way before the last day of the window to avoid situations like this

and soccs - no I haven't hacked your account, just sometimes difficult answers need questions :D

Their agent thinks we should have illegally made a deal with Gago behind Real's back and is slagging us off for staying above board.

Nowhere does it actually say that we waited until 40 minutes before the end of the window, that's a selective misreading of the quote. A final agreement hadn't been made which didn't leave a lot of time for the paperwork if one had been reached.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum