Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini's City - is that paint dry yet?

Postby simon12 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:22 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:Is this the first official Mancini out thread?

I think it`s only fair and in the interest of balance that the "mancini out" thread is started after the same ammount of games that MH`s was. What do you mancini Lickers think?....Hello... is anybody awake?.....Zzzzz Zzzzz Zzzz
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby Bluez » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:25 pm

Dazzacity wrote:But Hughes used to do the same! play two DMs..I remeberr agaisnt Newcastle when they had a player sent off in the first 10 mins, Hughes still kept two DM's on the field and it ended up being a draw...

We started the home game against Bolton with 3 DM, we finished today with 3 DM. Hughes got critisim for playing 2.
Light travels faster than sound.
Thats why some people appear bright until they open their mouth.

DISCLAIMER- My views are mine alone, and probably rubbish anyway.
Bluez
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:28 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

Come on. I want to know.

Don't be snidy. Just say it out loud.

Why do you do this????

What are your motives???

for someone that was the orchestrator of so much of the campaign against our previous manager - can you not see you just come across as a double-standards WUM

People are expressing their thoughts - why does that have to put them into camps - you and your extremist mates did that before!!

We are CITY fans - talking to CITY fans - so why do you have to 'brand' everybody - so many of your zillions of posts have no positive contribution - yet you criticise others

Just what is it with you - and have you ever sought analysis - please for the good of the board stop stirring genuine CITY fans up - or at least explain why you do it so we can understand - is this some kind of macho sport to you??
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:33 pm

I for one have seen this team go from free flowing to pedestrian in little over a month.Maybe the CC semi-final was the catalyst i just dont know but we are now very predictable to watch so other managers just know how to stop us.Today we go 1 up but i knew as soon as we did that we would revert to caution its the Italian way thats how they are brought up.Sorry but Bobby has to change his ways or we are fucked.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Dazzacity » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:37 pm

Bluez wrote:
Dazzacity wrote:But Hughes used to do the same! play two DMs..I remeberr agaisnt Newcastle when they had a player sent off in the first 10 mins, Hughes still kept two DM's on the field and it ended up being a draw...

We started the home game against Bolton with 3 DM, we finished today with 3 DM. Hughes got critisim for playing 2.

But we dont really have the players. As stated, we dont have enough creative attacking midfielders. A couple of more strikers would also be nice. I just think Mancini is a little limited as far as having a good variety of players.Particulay today with Tevez and Bellers out...At least he does attempt to change during a match, this is something that has impressed my with Mancini. Hughes always seemed too stubborn to change things tactically during a game and done stupid shit like mentioned against Newcastle..

But all this is sillyy..Hughes is gone now- so we might as well just forget about him and move on.
Dazzacity
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:39 pm

NDQP quote:

Not really. This same thing went on here under Royle (least of all), under Keegan (this place was at it's worst) and Pearce. Nothing new really.

What's new are these twisted personal fanatics only posting here about other posters. mcfc32882348 being THE prime example.[/quote]

------------------------------------------------------------------
another classic piece of irony - but you will probably not be able to see it.

Mind you this was quite an insightful post for other reasons...

You are a long established member - I bet all those 'campaigns' - e.g. Pearce and Keegan were really something to behold - and I bet you were right there in the thick of it - COMMON DENOMINATOR
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Kiss_The_Goat » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:

Come on. I want to know.

Don't be snidy. Just say it out loud.

Why do you do this????

What are your motives???

for someone that was the orchestrator of so much of the campaign against our previous manager - can you not see you just come across as a double-standards WUM

People are expressing their thoughts - why does that have to put them into camps - you and your extremist mates did that before!!

We are CITY fans - talking to CITY fans - so why do you have to 'brand' everybody - so many of your zillions of posts have no positive contribution - yet you criticise others

Just what is it with you - and have you ever sought analysis - please for the good of the board stop stirring genuine CITY fans up - or at least explain why you do it so we can understand - is this some kind of macho sport to you??

He's full of shit and embarrassing himself with his blatant display of double standards.

Hilarious that the Mancini expert that is Socrates has vanished in recent weeks though isnt it?

Anyway, back on the topic of this thread - the football is mind numbingly boring right now, but Mancini seems as frustrated on the touchline as everyone else and that says to me that the players still aren't getting how he wants them to play. It will take time and as long as we win while playing badly I dont mind because I believe, given time, we will get there with Mancini in the end. We're never going to be playing the free flowing attacking football we did under Hughes, which although great to watch left us defensively vulnerable, but I do think, and hope that once the players fully understand the new system, it will be far better to watch than it is now.
Somebody ate my grapes...
Kiss_The_Goat
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: City

Postby david yearsley » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:41 pm

Tevez, Bellers , Komps and Johnson all big misses for us today - we should still have had enough to put the tie to bed first time though

We need those four on top form to have any chance Tues
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley

Postby Kladze » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:44 pm

There have been alot of changes at City and the players have to adapt to change, coupled with Mancini having to test the water.. It seems the main lot that are already getting on Mancinis back are the ones that loved Hughes!! Maybe its an attempt to still try and save face!! Listening to some, its like they want us to do shit just so they can moan about Mancini and try and convince people Hughes was the man for the job..

Remember..It takes time ;-)

What total drivel !!

I was one of many who were labelled 'Hughes lovers' (aka "Give him enough time and he'll get the job done") but we've moved on and I , for one, am not calling for Mancini's head yet, though I'm already cheesed off with this interminably tedious tripe we're being served up.

If and when I do change my mind and want Mancini out - which in any event won't be for quite some time - it certainly won't be through any nostalgia for the tafia's time here, it will be because I think it's right for the club I've supported for 40 plus years.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

That was great football in comparison to many games before hand. We are getting better and just feel that we have no need for to many defensive players.

Although it is sad to say, we missed Johnno today!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mcfc1632 » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Kladze wrote:

There have been alot of changes at City and the players have to adapt to change, coupled with Mancini having to test the water.. It seems the main lot that are already getting on Mancinis back are the ones that loved Hughes!! Maybe its an attempt to still try and save face!! Listening to some, its like they want us to do shit just so they can moan about Mancini and try and convince people Hughes was the man for the job..

What total drivel !!

I was one of many who were labelled 'Hughes lovers' (aka "Give him enough time and he'll get the job done") but we've moved on and I , for one, am not calling for Mancini's head yet, though I'm already cheesed off with this interminably tedious tripe we're being served up.

If and when I do change my mind and want Mancini out - which in any event won't be for quite some time - it certainly won't be through any nostalgia for the tafia's time here, it will be because I think it's right for the club I've supported for 40 plus years.

Well said - I have been referred to as a 'Hughes lover' in this thread by NDQP - another thicko comment because I never have been - just someone that wanted stability and balanced discussion on this board (but of course for some of that crowd if you did not agree with them - you were labelled) - like you I am a 40+ years fan and on the Mancini poll I am one of the don't knows - because I want stability - it is always the extremists that have to pigeon hole people
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

Bluez wrote:
Bluez wrote:Still too early to say whether Mancini is the right man or not, but since losing at OT we have been poor. Its also a little ironic that after all those discussions on whether we should have 1 or 2 holding midfielders we seem to have settled on 3.

We are in a good position in the league and we are still in the FA cup so things are not as bad as the performances. My only concern at the moment is that we seem to be getting worse rather than better. How much does New manager syndrome play a role?

That is definite worry. That said, we only basically have one central attacking midfielder in Ireland.

But we have plenty of attacking wingers. Tonight we started with 2 and instead of chasing the game all the substitutions were progressively more defensive. When we did have two tall players up front it would have made sense to have Petrov and SWP on the wings, maybe Petrov was injured but it seemed a bit strange to bring on a big front man but at the same time take off one of teh wingers who would provide the cross. NDJ was being missed out by their long balls so I would have taken him off instead and gone to a more attacking 442

This is a good train of thought you are on. Why so many defensive midfielders to protect the back four? There are two reasons IMO:
1) Mancini believes the back four need that much protection because they are not good enough to cope on their own
2) De Jong is not good enough to do the job himself and needs assistance. Did Makele need a similar player alongside him? The best DM's and the best teams only play with one holding midfielder because they have the best. De Jong is not as good as many on here claim. The game just passes him by. He should be dominating the midfield not a spectator. When Vieira came on I thought he would take De Jong off
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Kladze » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:53 pm

mcfc1632 wrote:
Kladze wrote:

What total drivel !!

Well said - I have been referred to as a 'Hughes lover' in this thread by NDQP - another thicko comment because I never have been - just someone that wanted stability and balanced discussion on this board (but of course for some of that crowd if you did not agree with them - you were labelled) - like you I am a 40+ years fan and on the Mancini poll I am one of the don't knows - because I want stability - it is always the extremists that have to pigeon hole people

Don't worry about it mate. NQDP has revealed himself recently to have a pretty redundant opinion. I just ignore him most of the time now.
[center]Image[/center]
Kladze
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: NdJ

Postby feedthegreek » Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:57 pm

paint dry good analagy of todays game, thought we were gonna throw it away in the end.
should be good next sunday, scousers will have mascherano lucas, we will have all 3 def mids playing.
should be a real treat, neither team will want to lose.
feedthegreek
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:03 pm

Am I the only one who thought we weren't that bad in the last 15/20 minutes? Stoke barely left their half in those 20 minutes, granted we didn't have too many great chances to score but we were putting pressure on them, and we actually almost scored with that Barry header, and Santa had a great chance to volley it in after the Vieira pass, shame he didn't do it as well as Ade against Bolton.

This is to say, we played poorly, and let them back in it when we could have killed them off, but imho the last 15/20 minutes weren't so dire. Which frustrates me even more for having to play the replay at theirs, tbh.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby gillie » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:05 pm

feedthegreek wrote:paint dry good analagy of todays game, thought we were gonna throw it away in the end.
should be good next sunday, scousers will have mascherano lucas, we will have all 3 def mids playing.
should be a real treat, neither team will want to lose.

I'm glad i'm working lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:07 pm

CityFanFromRome wrote:Am I the only one who thought we weren't that bad in the last 15/20 minutes? Stoke barely left their half in those 20 minutes, granted we didn't have too many great chances to score but we were putting pressure on them, and we actually almost scored with that Barry header, and Santa had a great chance to volley it in after the Vieira pass, shame he didn't do it as well as Ade against Bolton.

This is to say, we played poorly, and let them back in it when we could have killed them off, but imho the last 15/20 minutes weren't so dire. Which frustrates me even more for having to play the replay at theirs, tbh.

A fair point. But I think it co-incided with Vieira coming on. More awareness, more experience, more know how, more ability to boss the central midfield area and turn defence into attack.....all the things De Jong should be doing.
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Mr Miyagi wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:Am I the only one who thought we weren't that bad in the last 15/20 minutes? Stoke barely left their half in those 20 minutes, granted we didn't have too many great chances to score but we were putting pressure on them, and we actually almost scored with that Barry header, and Santa had a great chance to volley it in after the Vieira pass, shame he didn't do it as well as Ade against Bolton.

A fair point. But I think it co-incided with Vieira coming on. More awareness, more experience, more know how, more ability to boss the central midfield area and turn defence into attack.....all the things De Jong should be doing.

And all the things Vieira didn't!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mr Miyagi » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:

And all the things Vieira didn't!

But we came back into the game after Vieira came on. And it was mostly because we got back control of the midfield. Why can't you see the link between the two? And I remind you that De Jong was up against a former City reject called Glen Whelan who has been playing coca-cola football for the last few seasons...
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:32 pm

What I could not get my head around was the constant high ball into the box which one of Shawcross, Higginbottom, Huth or Collins would easily win. It never worked and never came off but we kept doing it time and time again, im not football mastermind but it was clear it wasn't working and we needed to find another way to penetrate their back line but we didn't. We ended up clueless and this is the bit that worrys me.

We had been making chance after chance this season and were good to watch, but for the past few wks we have lost our tempo and our pace and at best look a mid table team. I have serious concerns that our season is going to end badly if Mancini does not get his act together fast and sort this out. If this is still the hangover after the United game then he needs to earn his corn and shake them out of it.
Sister of fu

My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum