Mancini OUT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Mancini OUT

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:24 am

johnpb78 wrote:Well, seeing as it has been requested in other threads, here it is. Lets stop skirting around it, it is fucking shit

I am generally mild mannered about our football, but this is withouot doubt, the worst football I have ever had the misfortune to see.

I was ambivalent, but who knows, this cunt may be for real
You weren't following City during the Stuart Pearce era then?
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby john@staustell » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:26 am

As I said in the 'next 6 matches' thread, a league defeat at Stoke will not mean much in the grand scale of our last 14 league games and our league position, but it will create untold hysteria on here and in the press.

However a 1-0 cup win is essential, both 1-0 would be nice.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby BlueinBosnia » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:39 am

Mark Garrett wrote:Really is ridiculous, what do some fans on here want? A successful side? Or style of play with some inconsistent results?

Ask me again when I feel we're near winning something, but for now I'd rather have the latter.
"Ferguson. Žvaka kurac."
(Ferguson. Chewing-gum cock.)
Old man in a bar in rural Bosnia.
BlueinBosnia
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: Team Bridge

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:41 am

King Kev wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:Well, seeing as it has been requested in other threads, here it is. Lets stop skirting around it, it is fucking shit

I am generally mild mannered about our football, but this is withouot doubt, the worst football I have ever had the misfortune to see.

No point saying that, he IS apparently Italian Stuart Pearce. Fair few posters have already made a case for that.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:46 am

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:This thread was started with a smile because in another thread somebody asked if it was the first Mancini out thread. Maybe it's a fair debate but it aint going to happen end of story. Mancini is the man even though he clearly has a lot of work to do based on the last 6 or so games as there is no escaping that we have been poor.

He will know only too well that performances haven't been good enough and that the next bunch of games are critical. We really don't want to go out of the FA cup and we really musn't lose the next 2 league games or the natives will be more than restless. We can if we want make all kinds of excuses but that's all they would be , excuses and meaningless. He has to be brave with team selections and style of play if we are to win the games that matter. He has the ability and the players have the ability , but have the fans got the ability during difficult times to support the team unreservedly?

Stoke at home is a really tough challenge but we have a great chance to win there even if we have to grind out a dirty scruffy 1 nil win. That's what I would call a top result not playing well. They don't have Ethers and we will have 2 or 3 back so will be stronger.So it's 1 nil for me and smiling again.:):)

That would do me too. Those are the kind of games where the soul destroying crap we've been playing is justified rather than Portsmouth at home which should be 5 forwards & 5 goals. I don't care if we have a team full of defenders at Stoke so long as he's got a good plan for winning & they don't fall apart at the 1st long throw.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:47 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
No point saying that, he IS apparently Italian Stuart Pearce. Fair few posters have already made a case for that.

fuck off Antti....he's no Stuart Pearce

clueless you are

ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:48 am

ant london wrote:

fuck off Antti....he's no Stuart Pearce

clueless you are

Ah, I've missed Beanie. Maybe we could call Robinho back and Mancini could use him as his furry toy sitting in the ground.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:51 am

King Kev wrote:

Are you sure Pearce would be so much less entertaining if he had these players? I'm not. When he had SWP in his team we played much better than this. The fact that Mancini has managed to be so mind numbingly awful with so many attacking players available & yet is obviously a talented young manager has made me wonder whether Pearce was unlucky to be sacked.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:55 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Are you sure Pearce would be so much less entertaining if he had these players? I'm not. When he had SWP in his team we played much better than this. The fact that Mancini has managed to be so mind numbingly awful with so many attacking players available & yet is obviously a talented young manager has made me wonder whether Pearce was unlucky to be sacked.

Oh come ON. No need to go overboard.

You know what, I've never felt more stupid here in this site than after about two years of sticking up to him finally realising he was tactically complete clown. No Hughes argument or Mancini turning out to be shit or anything would be nothing at all compared to that. I SO desperately wanted Pearce to be the man for us as I love him as a character and prsonality that I just closed my eyes from all his weaknesses. I furiously defended him on numerous of occasions and in the end realised what a clown I had been.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby ant london » Sun Feb 14, 2010 10:59 am

Pearce was terrible, the football was staggeringly bad. It's not too clever under Roberto at the moment, but honestly, under Stuart Pearce it was not safe to leave me with rasor blades, warm gin or paracetamol

And so naive (always refusing to criticise players, refs, other managers being cunts). Too nice by half.

I love Psycho as a bloke and hope that he does one day really make it as a manager but we were staggeringly bad (to watch) under him
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:

Oh come ON. No need to go overboard.

You know what, I've never felt more stupid here in this site than after about two years of sticking up to him finally realising he was tactically complete clown. No Hughes argument or Mancini turning out to be shit or anything would be nothing at all compared to that. I SO desperately wanted Pearce to be the man for us as I love him as a character and prsonality that I just closed my eyes from all his weaknesses. I furiously defended him on numerous of occasions and in the end realised what a clown I had been.

He gave me nightmares but he had a dreadful squad of players to deal with & had to try & do his own scouting. Just as I'm convinced that there's a lot more to Mancini than what we're seeing currently on the pitch, the fact that it's gone so tits up from an entertainment point of view because he's chosen to try & stiffen us up defensively just makes me wonder if I was a bit harsh on Pearce, who was trying to do the same with utter shite.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:07 am

ant london wrote:Pearce was terrible, the football was staggeringly bad. It's not too clever under Roberto at the moment, but honestly, under Stuart Pearce it was not safe to leave me with rasor blades, warm gin or paracetamol

And so naive (always refusing to criticise players, refs, other managers being cunts). Too nice by half.

I love Psycho as a bloke and hope that he does one day really make it as a manager but we were staggeringly bad (to watch) under him

Absolutely.

You know what, I was watching some old season videos last summer and went through the trouble of watching of watching 06/07 season video bluntly named "Blues Review". I don't think I had watched it once since getting it that summer and watching it once. Anyone who claims that Mancini is ANYTHING like Pearce should watch it just for reference. Even after all that time I had to be put on suicide watch for next week or so.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Renato_CTID » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:15 am

Mancini out? And who'll be the next manager? And how many weeks or months shall he keep his job at Eastlands? Are we still an English club of Premier League, one of the oldest and most glorious fo football history? Or should we become recently an Italian club of serie A like Mr Zamparini's Palermo where two or three managers have a job during one season? I'm laughing of this topic, really! May be the tempest will pass early, mates!
From Torino, Italia to Manchester, Lancashire this City is always our City!
Renato_CTID
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby King Kev » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
King Kev wrote:

I was impressed with what Pearce did for us with such limited resources and am sure it would have been even better had he had some money to throw about. BUT that's not the point, the original poster stated that we are playing the worst football he can remember, I am saying that is bullshit unless he has only been following City for a few years.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: Silva

Postby david yearsley » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:19 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:This thread was started with a smile because in another thread somebody asked if it was the first Mancini out thread. Maybe it's a fair debate but it aint going to happen end of story. Mancini is the man even though he clearly has a lot of work to do based on the last 6 or so games as there is no escaping that we have been poor.

He will know only too well that performances haven't been good enough and that the next bunch of games are critical. We really don't want to go out of the FA cup and we really musn't lose the next 2 league games or the natives will be more than restless. We can if we want make all kinds of excuses but that's all they would be , excuses and meaningless. He has to be brave with team selections and style of play if we are to win the games that matter. He has the ability and the players have the ability , but have the fans got the ability during difficult times to support the team unreservedly?

Stoke at home is a really tough challenge but we have a great chance to win there even if we have to grind out a dirty scruffy 1 nil win. That's what I would call a top result not playing well. They don't have Ethers and we will have 2 or 3 back so will be stronger.So it's 1 nil for me and smiling again.:):)

That would do me too. Those are the kind of games where the soul destroying crap we've been playing is justified rather than Portsmouth at home which should be 5 forwards & 5 goals. I don't care if we have a team full of defenders at Stoke so long as he's got a good plan for winning & they don't fall apart at the 1st long throw.

Good posts - agree but maybe we need a new tactic - get Ade to jump up and down right in the face of that fuclin egg chucker as he tries to launch one - surely there´s a way to put the cnut off?! Just needs a bit of thought - shit like that should never be allowed to prevail and teams need to wise up and combat it
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Tokyo Blue » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:21 am

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:You know what, I was watching some old season videos last summer and went through the trouble of watching of watching 06/07 season video bluntly named "Blues Review". I don't think I had watched it once since getting it that summer and watching it once. Anyone who claims that Mancini is ANYTHING like Pearce should watch it just for reference. Even after all that time I had to be put on suicide watch for next week or so.

Aye. People forget what actually happened in their mad scramble for drama and hyperbole.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby Ted Hughes » Sun Feb 14, 2010 11:22 am

ant london wrote:Pearce was terrible, the football was staggeringly bad. It's not too clever under Roberto at the moment, but honestly, under Stuart Pearce it was not safe to leave me with rasor blades, warm gin or paracetamol

Absolutely.

You know what, I was watching some old season videos last summer and went through the trouble of watching of watching 06/07 season video bluntly named "Blues Review". I don't think I had watched it once since getting it that summer and watching it once. Anyone who claims that Mancini is ANYTHING like Pearce should watch it just for reference. Even after all that time I had to be put on suicide watch for next week or so.

Don't get me wrong, it's the worst stuff I've ever seen at City & I was also suicidal but he also played some good stuff earlier in his job when better players were available. The fact that it's possible for a team to struggle so badly to play football with so much quality in players & management just makes me wonder if he was as bad as I thought, that's all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Im_Spartacus » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:11 pm

nobody has called me a cunt yet for starting the thread. speaks volumes about our manager.

I really dont want or expect him to be sacked, it was more a tongue in cheek thread, but some interesting response
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Slim » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:14 pm

johnpb78 wrote:nobody has called me a cunt yet for starting the thread. speaks volumes about our manager.

I really dont want or expect him to be sacked, it was more a tongue in cheek thread, but some interesting response

That's cause I took it for a windup...which apparently is what you intended, just because people aren't as stupid as you think doesn't say fuck all about our manager, however it does "speak volumes" about you.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby CITYSTEVEDON » Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:17 pm

i dont think i will comment on this, as its so stupid..............................................................................doh
CITYSTEVEDON
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: who ever plays for city

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum