Gerrard has just elbowed Brown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gerrard has just elbowed Brown

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 16, 2010 2:56 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:I've requested a FA login so that I can send a complaint/query regarding this and other incidents. Once completed, the page stated that I'd have an E-Mail sent immediately but strangely it hasn't come yet (20 mins now). Wonder if they are getting bombarded?

The biggest thing here is that a lot of Grass Root footballers will feel that they can do exactly the same, and wothout any official sanctions from the FA, things will only get worse. It won't be long before players will be walking out with knuckle dusters and baseball bats, 'cos as we all know, without sanctions there is no discipline.

I think they set the standard with Morgan twating Hume. The guy was put in hospital for crying out loud! He nearly died. And still I don't think any action was taken.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:00 pm

The thing is I posted this thread the minute the incident happened and I said nothing would happen.

how did I KNOW that even then?

If we're gonna break this top four we have to do it the hard way. This is the clearest sign yet that the FA is corrupt. Can anything be doen about it because its just not on?
Original Dub

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:04 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Official: No action to be taken against Gerrard!

Well im shocked....NOT
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Lees Alter Ego » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:07 pm

Original Dub wrote:The thing is I posted this thread the minute the incident happened and I said nothing would happen.

If we're gonna break this top four we have to do it the hard way. This is the clearest sign yet that the FA is corrupt. Can anything be doen about it because its just not on?

Unfortunately not. It would be nice if you could do what you would do with banks and switch to another bank because they wont change their rules for noone ;)
Lees Alter Ego
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:08 pm

MANCIO4EVER wrote:
LookMumI'mOnMCF.net wrote:
And if not, why not?

He's an English international.

You're right and spot on. That's why, if I wear off the City shirt (or the spuds/villans one) I reckon and forgive the "V sign".

But, when I sum the Mascherano on Barry with the Gerrard on Brown, and I compare them with the Ade/Vieira bans, I gonna get the Toni Pulis mood of "we deserve to play on a same level ground".... :-)

And when I saw the very poor effort taken to put FA under any lighter kind of pressure, I am puzzled about what directors of football are on about?

Although it's a different situation, his arm action is fairly similar to that of Thatcher on Mendes (?) ie the elbow /forearm. On the basis of the damage received by Mendes, and what could have been inflicted here on Brown, Gerrard should have received a lengthy ban.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:16 pm

Original Dub wrote:The thing is I posted this thread the minute the incident happened and I said nothing would happen.

The problem is mate, it's not just about us. Kids are playing the sport everyday of the week and picking up on what these 'Pro's' do, and put it into practice. I get to see a couple of Junior/Youth games per week and what you see in the Prem is emulated in those games.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby The Man In Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:19 pm

utterly disgusted, the fucking bent cheating corrupt biased WANKERS.
The Man In Blue

Postby Mase » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:25 pm

"But Attwell did see the incident and spoke with Gerrard, so as such the FA cannot take any action against him."

So if the ref saw the incident and didn't take any action I can assume he'll be in charge of a League 2 match this weekend then?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Original Dub » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:26 pm

Just feel so cheated. Why have rules for certain clubs?

It fucking stinks.
Original Dub

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:27 pm

if city had any balls they'd come out and complain in an official press conference about the double standards re Adebayors ban and the treatment of Gerrard

Where's that Neild fella when you need him!!
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby avoidconfusion » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:30 pm

How the FUCK is that not a 3 match ban?

Ade got a red for shoving a player in the chest with an open palm for fuck's sake... what an absolute fucking disgrace this FA is.
so now as every enemy circles our city
sour and sore, we swear war
avoidconfusion
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Mad Zabba

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Nickyboy wrote:if city had any balls they'd come out and complain in an official press conference about the double standards re Adebayors ban and the treatment of Gerrard

He wasn't booked for the stamp....he was booked for the knee slide. The referee, who was it?...clutterbucK? saw the incident but didn't think he made contact. he said afterwards if he'd know he'd have booked him

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:35 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:if city had any balls they'd come out and complain in an official press conference about the double standards re Adebayors ban and the treatment of Gerrard

He wasn't booked for the stamp....he was booked for the knee slide. The referee, who was it?...clutterbucK? saw the incident but didn't think he made contact. he said afterwards if he'd know he'd have booked him

sorry may have got the bans mixed up!!

Manx Blue

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:38 pm

no i meant the Arsenal one.

The ref gave a foul against Ade and then said (once he'd seen the video) that he should of sent him off.

surely this is exactly the same
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:40 pm

For those under the belief that the Ref's Association runs separatley from the FA, then your bubble must've surely burst by now!

All this bollox about the ref not seeing it/dealing with it at the time, is only when they need to use it. The incident with Ade and RvP was seen by the ref as he gave a free-kick, same as what has been by Atwell. The difference is, the refs have been told to write-up their reports according to how the FA want to deal with it.

It's becoming an embarrassment yeah, but not totally unexpected really.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:42 pm

Last edited by Mark (Blue Army) on Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Original Dub wrote:Just feel so cheated. Why have rules for certain clubs?

It fucking stinks.

I agree its a disgrace,i just knew this was going to happen.The blind eye has been shown yet again.
I think we all knew this would be the case.
If Michael Brown had been the one to dish that out to Gerrard i have no doubt in my mind he would have been punished.
Very dissapointed at the lack of justice shown yet again.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:43 pm

Nickyboy wrote:no i meant the Arsenal one.

The ref gave a foul against Ade and then said (once he'd seen the video) that he should of sent him off.

If Atwell believed that it wasn't a Red Card offence having watched the footage, then he should not be allowed to referee full-stop. Anyone who could get the basics so wrong should not be anywhere near the field of play.

I'm actually amazed that the coppers didn't run on the pitch and arrest him, anywhere off the pitch and that'd've been GBH?!?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Manx Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

If Atwell believed that it wasn't a Red Card offence having watched the footage, then he should not be allowed to referee full-stop. Anyone who could get the basics so wrong should not be anywhere near the field of play.

I'm actually amazed that the coppers didn't run on the pitch and arrest him, anywhere off the pitch and that'd've been GBH?!?

I agree Beefy. As I mentioned earlier, this was a fairly similar situation to Thatcher on Mendes where GMP investigated Thatcher did they not?

Manx Blue

Postby Nickyboy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 3:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:

i'm going to bring this up at the fans forum. We should get Garry Cooke spouting off about how corrupt the FA are - at least that'll be less embarrasing than him telling anyone who'll listen that we're going to take over the world
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum