Ticketing policy to upset Seasoncard holders?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Ticketing policy to upset Seasoncard holders?

Postby Beeks » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am

It's a good idea but feel sorry for the guys who paid over 30 quid to sit in the third tier last week!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Mike J » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:45 am

i feel bad for the guys that paid full whack for a ticket, but these 10quid ones are for the third tier and they cant pick where they sit.

the owners want a full stadium, im all for it.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Bingo Lewis » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:48 am

Simon, any chance of a refund? ;)
I'm not bothered about paying more. I wouldn't be arsed if they gave the remaining tickets away for nowt as long as it fills the ground up.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:52 am

The Man In Blue wrote:
bernabias_right_boot wrote:Home Cup games should be included for season ticket holders. This would help to swell the numbers in the early stages. Lets face it, we don't need ticket money any more.

great idea, can't see it happening though.

You really dont want that guys.

Arsenal do it, SCUM do it, and it costs an arm and a leg. And Platini says we have to increase our revenue!!! Dont mention the idea.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: City

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 9:54 am

ant london wrote:What a selection of whining cunty comments on this thread.

When we don't sell out everyone bleats that it's a disgrace

If it isn't a full house for tonight, a match not on TV, which is probably going to define our season...then it would have been a fucking disgrace.

The club has taken action to ensure that we stand the best chance of having a packed Eastlands behind the team (granted a move like this will make some feel like they've been swizzed but really there is not other way of doing it at the last minute so why not just deal with it and concentrate on supporting the fucking team).

Rather than moaning about how terrible the club is for doing this why don't you moan about the lack of dedication from your fellow fans who clearly couldn't be arsed to get along to such an important game.

Well said Ant. Some people would rather keep an empty tier than let the club show some initiative.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Guy Debord » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:07 am

I hope the place is full and buzzing tonight after this move.

The lack of atmosphere is in large part a result of expensive tickets pricing younger fans out of the game. Back at Maine Road in the '80's a large proportion of the fans were in there 20's. Now the average age seems to be 40's.

I've been to games in Japan (average age 25ish) and in Brazil (average age 21ish), where even though the crowd only filled 20% of the stadium the atmosphere was buzzing.

£45 a game is a bad joke.
Guy Debord
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: Columma Durruti

Postby dikdik » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:34 am

Well said Rick. Although even a full stadium does not guarantee the required atmospere these days. I can remember several home matches this season where an attempt to 'gee up the team' by myself and my son was greeted by disdainful stares from fellow supporters.
COMS as yet does not seem to be capable of the spontaneous atmospheres of days gone by at Maine Road.

At the Stoke game I distinctly felt out shouted by the thin red strip at the south end!!
dikdik
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:42 am

Vhero wrote:Since when did season card holders ever pay full price for games anyways? They always get games at discounted price anyways not to mention first choice on seats for cup games etc..

No we don't pay full price but nor do we pay just £10 a game ?! No problem with it as a one-off but if its repeated then they need to find a way to make us season ticket holders sweet ;-)
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby lets all have a disco » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:48 am

craigmcfc wrote:
Vhero wrote:Since when did season card holders ever pay full price for games anyways? They always get games at discounted price anyways not to mention first choice on seats for cup games etc..

No we don't pay full price but nor do we pay just £10 a game ?! No problem with it as a one-off but if its repeated then they need to find a way to make us season ticket holders sweet ;-)

I know how to make us sweet.
190 notes a season + a new home shirt and free gig.

Yet again simples.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby craigmcfc » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:49 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Yet again simples.

Seconded. See, if Chris Nield thought like us two then he'd be proposing said deal as we type. I await his response..........
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby ant london » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:50 am

lets all have a disco wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:

Yet again simples.

I actually think that season ticket holders should get a shirt freemans every season....cost fuck all but would be a nice gesture
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby nick (duki blues) » Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:59 am

i paid £36x3 £108 for my tickets last week but im not going to moan about it we just need to get behind the team on a night that could put us in pole position for that 4th spot so if anyone gets a bargain priced ticket tonight good luck to them
nick (duki blues)
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby rick1894citizen » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:08 pm

dikdik wrote:Well said Rick. Although even a full stadium does not guarantee the required atmospere these days. I can remember several home matches this season where an attempt to 'gee up the team' by myself and my son was greeted by disdainful stares from fellow supporters.
COMS as yet does not seem to be capable of the spontaneous atmospheres of days gone by at Maine Road.

At the Stoke game I distinctly felt out shouted by the thin red strip at the south end!!

Hopefully will from now till end of season though as decent atmosphere has been few and far between even at away games
which is unusual, don't know whether it's nerves or what but has been crap and against dippers i walked round to 110 for
second half as the north stand was an embarrasment considering the opponents.

The Stoke game in the cup was probably the worst its been and i was in 107 for that.

I reckon the tenner tickets would do the trick like Hamburg (hopefully)
rick1894citizen
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:55 pm

Guy Debord wrote:I hope the place is full and buzzing tonight after this move.

The lack of atmosphere is in large part a result of expensive tickets pricing younger fans out of the game. Back at Maine Road in the '80's a large proportion of the fans were in there 20's. Now the average age seems to be 40's.

I wonder how old you are though Guy - in your 40s like me? It's just that we all stood with other youngsters at that time. I know we've had a rough time but I bet the only change in the crowd profile is down to greater safety drawing in far more fans in football in general.

Check out a few sample top flight attendances:

5/10/85 City v Chelsea 20,104
9/11/85 City v Ipswich 20,853
23/11/85 City v Newcastle 25,179
14/12/85 City v Coventry 20,075
Dec 28th v Brum - only 24,955

21,674, 20,540, 20,414, 20,099, 18,899 v Watford, 19,590 home to Arsenal, 19,715 against euro sup-giant Forest..................etc etc

No, nostalgia is a terrible thing. I went to a lot of football in the 80s and though we look back on it fondly, everything about football then was bloody dire except that at the time I loved a good punch-up. There are some that want to go back down those roads of course. Sigh!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:58 pm

I like my seat. I like the folk arond me. I think I got reasonable value for money with my season ticket costing 369 snots, less than last year. I couldn't give a shit what other supporters pay for this game. If they get in for a tenner, fair play to them.
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:12 pm

john@staustell wrote:

I wonder how old you are though Guy - in your 40s like me? It's just that we all stood with other youngsters at that time. I know we've had a rough time but I bet the only change in the crowd profile is down to greater safety drawing in far more fans in football in general.

21,674, 20,540, 20,414, 20,099, 18,899 v Watford, 19,590 home to Arsenal, 19,715 against euro sup-giant Forest..................etc etc

No, nostalgia is a terrible thing. I went to a lot of football in the 80s and though we look back on it fondly, everything about football then was bloody dire except that at the time I loved a good punch-up. There are some that want to go back down those roads of course. Sigh!

We were still 4th in attendances that season. Crowds were lower in general for many reasons then. Check out Arse, Chelsea, Spuds......... and Euro super giant Forest.

4 Manchester City 24.229
5 Arsenal 23.824
6 Newcastle United 23.434
7 Sheffield Wednesday 23.111
8 Chelsea 21.985
9 West Ham United 21.179
10 Tottenham Hotpsur 20.859
11 Nottingham Forest 16.809
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby Im_Spartacus » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:22 pm

The fact is, all the whinging in the world isnt going to do any good. I really dont see the problem

Seasoncard holders pay their money to choose their seat in advance for the whole season
Accescard holders pay their money match by match. The earlier they buy the more likely they will get a ticket in the area they want

Neither has the right to complain if tickets subsequently go on sale at a lower price. They paid their money and took their choice, I don't object one bit to the club trying to fill the ground. I knew what I was paying when I bought my seasoncard and was happy with that.

Those who bought full price tickets for the match, I sympathise but do you expect that the club would advertise in advance that they were going to do this, if they did then not a single ticket would have been sold until today, thousands would have turned up expecting a £10 ticket then calling it a scam when the club only sold 1000 tickets for a tenner, and you still end up forking out full price for a seat in an area you didnt want to sit in and a wasted morning queuing up. If you dont like it, next time wait till the day before the game before you buy your ticket, simple.

Now, otherwise unsold tickets, have been made available to fill the ground and will quite possibly be taken up by people otherwise priced out of watching city these days - which I think is a good thing.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby john@staustell » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:32 pm

Piccsnumberoneblue wrote:
john@staustell wrote:

We were still 4th in attendances that season. Crowds were lower in general for many reasons then. Check out Arse, Chelsea, Spuds......... and Euro super giant Forest.

4 Manchester City 24.229
5 Arsenal 23.824
6 Newcastle U***d 23.434
7 Sheffield Wednesday 23.111
8 Chelsea 21.985
9 West Ham U***d 21.179
10 Tottenham Hotpsur 20.859
11 Nottingham Forest 16.809

Yes I know Piccs, but Guy was talking about the great 80s atmosphere. Fact is those were horrible attendances in half-empty great stadia. Great? No. Intimidating? Yes. Nostagia - Ugh!
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby btajim » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:33 pm

nick (duki blues) wrote:i paid £36x3 £108 for my tickets last week but im not going to moan about it we just need to get behind the team on a night that could put us in pole position for that 4th spot so if anyone gets a bargain priced ticket tonight good luck to them

Would you have waited had City reduced "on the night" tickets for £10?
carl_feedthegoat wrote:Btajim.
Hi Garry,I just wanted to shake your hand and ask you a question.I go to COMS as mucha as possible but sometimes I cannot leave the house as Sophie.....sorry..Sophie is my Cat...... needs a carer when Im away and sometimes I cannot find one.
My question is ; Is it possible to bring Sophie to matches at COMS in her kitten box and can she come in for free?
btajim
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Nigel De Jong

Postby lythamblue » Wed Mar 24, 2010 2:30 pm

For a while now, it has no longer been the case that buying a season ticket is a way of watching your team all season with a couple of games thrown in for free.

At clubs like Spurs, Arse, Chelski, Liverpool and even Manyoo, season tickets cost much more than you would pay for individual games. In fact, the Season Ticket is now seen more as being a member of an exclusive little club which gives you fringe benefits, such as:

* Guaranteed seat for all home matches in your selected area of the ground

* Option to guarantee the seat for Cup games.

* First in the queue for tickets for away games

* No queing, phoning or internet hassles in getting tickets for games. Just turn up and slide your card through the reader.

* The knowledge that no one can sit in your seat for any home games, unless you decide you don't want it.

Finally, if we had have got through to the Carling or FA Cup Final, we would have just about had enough ticket allocation to satisfy our corporate and SEASON CARD HOLDERS requirements. Those who can now buy Everton ticks for a tenner, would have had their only option to get tickets, would have been on the black market for around £300 each.

We have just become like everyone else. You buy your season Ticket to save hassle and get the fringe benefits ..... not to save money.
Relax ... It's only a message board in hyperspace!!
lythamblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum