Europa Attendances

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Europa Attendances

Postby Nickyboy » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:14 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:I was there last night as i joined cup direct scheme. But 15 quid to watch some jokers from romania is outrageous. Should of made it a 5er and sold out.

Is 15 quid really that much though? That's couple of packs of cigarette's or four pints. I don't know how much movies cost in Britain but that's close to price of a movie ticket here.

I understand people work on different financial scales but honestly, in this time and age 15 quid for football ticket sounds very very reasonable to me. Beefy there said that he took his lad and it was 20 quid for the pair of them. I'd say that's cheap. What can you do with 20 quid these days with your kids?

I've already forked out £450 for my season ticket. Last night I spent £30 on tickets for me and my missus and £30 on food and beers in city square - £4 for a fucking burger is a joke!

I personally did it because I don't want to miss a match and I don't have any other dependants etc and can afford it. But I do think that it was a very expensive night out to watch very very poor oppostion. I could have seen the same standard on Sunday at Hough End for free. So I understand why many people can not afford to go.
Nickyboy
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby brite blu sky » Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:27 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:On telly, playing a shit team, 99% through, projected 2nd team, cold wet Thursday night - I can understand why people didn't turn up.

We only got around 17,000 for the same game 2 seasons ago so this is actually a massive upgrade.

the idea that it was going to be a walk in the park against a team that were not really even going to put up a fight.

Now we have Juve it might spark an interest in the group stage as we will have to be on our toes to get through and stay ahead of them in the group.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:02 pm

I understand Einstein's theory of relativity more than City Fans and their apathy for attending cup games.

I hated last night, it was so quiet at times i was playing on my phone. Yes the opposistion were poor, we were never in any danger whatsoever of losing but you don't get to see city that often, it's not like its a daily thing.

I feel like i should be rewarded for turning up and paying £25 to watch that, maybe first dibs on a final ticket?

The club should look at doing a group ticket for the group games. Say £50 for the 3 games. Get it rocking for all 3 games.
the_georgian_genius
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Im_Spartacus » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:07 pm

the_georgian_genius wrote:I understand Einstein's theory of relativity more than City Fans and their apathy for attending cup games.

I hated last night, it was so quiet at times i was playing on my phone. Yes the opposistion were poor, we were never in any danger whatsoever of losing but you don't get to see city that often, it's not like its a daily thing.

I feel like i should be rewarded for turning up and paying £25 to watch that, maybe first dibs on a final ticket?

The club should look at doing a group ticket for the group games. Say £50 for the 3 games. Get it rocking for all 3 games.

You got 50 loyalty points.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby the_georgian_genius » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:10 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
the_georgian_genius wrote:I understand Einstein's theory of relativity more than City Fans and their apathy for attending cup games.

You got 50 loyalty points.

The same as two lads i know who rang up and paid £10 for the 50 loyalty points and watched it at home. How does that work out?
the_georgian_genius

Postby Beeks » Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:13 pm

We need a full house against Juve...get it rocking like Hamburg...which was to be honest the best atmosphere yet at COMS
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby walmai » Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:55 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:Liverpool v Trabzonspor = 40,941
Villa v Rapid Vienna = 29,980
City = 23,542

:-( Disappointing.

That's 3500 more than we got for Oxford in the League Cup.

And, before anyone else says it, we are utterly shit.
walmai
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: WHUFC
My favourite player is: The Canning Town Pirlo

Postby One cap Whitey » Fri Aug 27, 2010 5:39 pm

I think we've just got to accept that we're well supported in the league but not in cup comps (apart from the later rounds).

I've just checked out our home attendances for League, FA & European games since cup final season 80/81 and the average overall is 23545. Pretty much bang on the attendance last night.

Averages for our Euro ties since moving to the new stadium are around 26,500 so actually by recent standards 23,542 is not bad for an early round.

I don't see any point in stressing about it. Until we build up a higher base of occasional supporters this is how its going to be.
One cap Whitey
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ronk » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
My point was though that at 40 odd quids for Liverpool we can fill the ground, yet for 15 quids for European game we can barely get 23k. That's such dramatic drop that it can't only be explained by financial constraints of individual people.

But that's the nub of the reason. (A significant number of) People are willing and happy to spend their limited funds on a smaller number of higher profile matches with a great atmosphere over moderately attended games at a fraction of the cost.

There are a number of contributory factors but money is really only ever part of the reason, but a much bigger part of the excuse (in general, not in all specific cases, and nowhere near enough to account for the attendance records).
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Nige » Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:29 pm

Can't really miss the kids twice in 4 days, miss them enough with work.

Can't really get out of work before 18.30 three times in one week (liverpool, 6 a side already planned in)

No beer in the ground - fuckin stupid that you could get arseholed in the City square but not one pint inside

ticket price this week. I may have gone if it was still cheap on the door or something.

shit oposition and the expectation we'd play the likes of Jo.

I'll be there in the next round but City do need to take note. As predicted on other threads the whacky warehouse stand was more than half empty.
lets wish for good days but not forget the bad days
Nige
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby bobby brows » Sat Aug 28, 2010 10:54 am

to be honest its not just ourselves, spurs were playing in the champions league for the first time since 62 and they have lots of visible empty seats, something you never see for the league games.

chelsea don't always sell out their champions league groups games if they're playing besiktas or anderlecht!

its early in the season and theirs a lot of football to attend and some people pick and choose their games! I've only missed two home games since we moved to the new stadium Spurs in the cup years ago and Mityland in the UEFA because of work but if i hadn't broke my thumb i'd have played a game on thursday instead of watching!
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby john68 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:34 am

craigmcfc wrote:It's not just £15 though is it? There's the price of petrol over, car park, the lads ticket, food and drink, prog. Yes some are optional but all are a normal part of the league games we come to with our season tickets. I'd love to be at every game but the fact of the matter is I can't afford, and neither can a lot of other fans

"TYPICAL TIGHT ARSED YORKSHIREMAN"...:-)

Just saying.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:52 am

john68 wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:It's not just £15 though is it? There's the price of petrol over, car park, the lads ticket, food and drink, prog. Yes some are optional but all are a normal part of the league games we come to with our season tickets. I'd love to be at every game but the fact of the matter is I can't afford, and neither can a lot of other fans

Just saying.

Haha might have known you'd be in with your tuppence. Listen, after I've bought coal for t'fire and fed t'whippet there's not a lot of brass left
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:24 am

On this board the people who tend to bleat the loudest are the people who never go, I rarely miss any game and the ones I do miss I watch down by the riverside yet I find members on here trying to educate me with regurgutated knowledge from others posters as they dont even bother to turn out and see whats happening for themselves.

I realise that EVERYONE has an excuse, just like the Munichs who cant get a ticket or cant afford to go (some of us know that most of these are just pathetic excuses from fickle fans and not real supporters)

What I am trying to say is there a massive proportion of the board who are pathetic, MASSIVE fans who are no better than armchair rags.

I do accept the excuses of people living outside the country, but rags drive 4 and 5 hours every fortnight for their club.

If all these BIG FANS were real supporters then tickets would be harder to get hold of than a sausage roll on a Jewish buffet.
sandman

Postby Dameerto » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:10 pm

craigmcfc wrote:
john68 wrote:

Just saying.

Haha might have known you'd be in with your tuppence. Listen, after I've bought coal for t'fire and fed t'whippet there's not a lot of brass left

Especially when you factor the cost of a City flat cap into the equation.
VIVA EL CITIES

"The adjudicatory chamber of the Ethics Committee ... has banned Mr Joseph S. Blatter ... for eight years and Mr Michel Platini ... for eight years from all football-related activities (administrative, sports or any other) on a national and international level. The bans come into force immediately." - 21/12/2015
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby ronk » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:28 pm

sandman wrote:On this board the people who tend to bleat the loudest are the people who never go, I rarely miss any game and the ones I do miss I watch down by the riverside yet I find members on here trying to educate me with regurgutated knowledge from others posters as they dont even bother to turn out and see whats happening for themselves.

I realise that EVERYONE has an excuse, just like the Munichs who cant get a ticket or cant afford to go (some of us know that most of these are just pathetic excuses from fickle fans and not real supporters)

What I am trying to say is there a massive proportion of the board who are pathetic, MASSIVE fans who are no better than armchair rags.

I do accept the excuses of people living outside the country, but rags drive 4 and 5 hours every fortnight for their club.

If all these BIG FANS were real supporters then tickets would be harder to get hold of than a sausage roll on a Jewish buffet.

There are some real morons on this board too who could do with thinking a little more before they post.
“Do onto others — then run!”
B. Hill
ronk
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby craigmcfc » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:33 pm

Dameerto wrote:
craigmcfc wrote:
john68 wrote:

Just saying.

Especially when you factor the cost of a City flat cap into the equation.

I'm still waiting for this to appear in the club shop
craigmcfc
Paul Power's Tash

My favourite player is: Sergio Aguero

Postby sandman » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:05 pm

ronk wrote:
sandman wrote:On this board the people who tend to bleat the loudest are the people who never go, I rarely miss any game and the ones I do miss I watch down by the riverside yet I find members on here trying to educate me with regurgutated knowledge from others posters as they dont even bother to turn out and see whats happening for themselves.

There are some real morons on this board too who could do with thinking a little more before they post.

Maybe so, but as long as they are fans who actually attend, show their support and put money back into the club with ticket and shirt sales then I hold them in higher regard than most.
sandman

Postby King Kev » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:20 pm

It always amazes me that some people insist on factoring in the price of food and drink when trying to exagerate the cost of going to a match!

Would they not eat or drink if they didn't go to the match??
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby the_georgian_genius » Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:06 pm

I fully understand that some people have genuine reasons on why they can't attend cup games whether that is money, work or family, i too myself have been unable to attend some games due to those reasons over the years.

BUT i do beleive that those who go to cup games, especially the early ones against shit opposition that are no more than glorified training games should be rewarded with priority tickets further down the line. If that means i miss out because of work, money, family or i just couldn't be arsed to go then so be it, that is my fault.

I just don't think it is fair that FAN A goes to every single game in the Europa League and Carling Cup and FAN B doesn't go to any, prefering to watch it on tele and FAN B gets a ticket for the final and FAN A misses out.
the_georgian_genius

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum