Be the boss for deadline day

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Be the boss for deadline day

Postby JonnyAsh » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:51 pm

I'm no expert, but surely this is the most ad-hoc transfer window we have ever experienced. It just looks like we are making it all up on the hoof!

Maybe it's not, but that's just what it looks like, not helped by the fact that Chelsea and the Rags have made marquee signings, and going into the last day we have Rodwell and Wright...feeling totally underwhelmed!
JonnyAsh
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I said it and i will say again. Gazbaz had a nasty injury so we won''t know how it will affect him the rest of the season, while Yaya will leave for African Cup of Nations, so that leaves us only Rodwell.

This is the worst strategy Marwood and Bobby had so far. If tomorrow something big won't happen, we will have big problems this year.

If You wanna remain a friend of mine, please do not mix up shit and choccolate, Pete.... ;)
Why do You think Bob has moaned about leatherface during the last 14 months?

Mancini is responsible for this decision & you know it.

the decision to avoid losing a top international for free? yes, I do believe so.
the decision to not have Daniele De Rossi or Javi Martinez, as agreed in MAY in Abu Dhabi? not, I don't believe it's Mancini responability and fault. I do believe Mancini had open up the door of the top players market for the Club: sadly the Chairman has been sidetracked by different priorities in the very crowded agenda of a man who invest a Royal Purse, and probably had rested too much on the laurel of being ahead of the project schedule.
It will end soon, be sure of that. Khaldoon is too much of a top professional to further tolerate such level of operational mediocrity.

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:06 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
PeterParker wrote:I said it and i will say again. Gazbaz had a nasty injury so we won''t know how it will affect him the rest of the season, while Yaya will leave for African Cup of Nations, so that leaves us only Rodwell.

This is the worst strategy Marwood and Bobby had so far. If tomorrow something big won't happen, we will have big problems this year.

If You wanna remain a friend of mine, please do not mix up shit and choccolate, Pete.... ;)

the decision to avoid losing a top international for free? yes, I do believe so.
the decision to not have Daniele De Rossi or Javi Martinez, as agreed in MAY in Abu Dhabi? not, I don't believe it's Mancini responability and fault. I do believe Mancini had open up the door of the top players market for the Club: sadly the Chairman has been sidetracked by different priorities in the very crowded agenda of a man who invwst a Royal Purse, and probably had rested too much on the laurel of being ahead of the project schedule.
It will end soon, be sure of that. Khaldoon is too much of a top professional to further tolerate such level of operational mediocrity.

Martinez was never coming to City.

DeRossi, still don't know.

I think we are after even bigger players than those two but whether we can get them before next season I don't know.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Risby » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:10 pm

I hope they have something up their sleeve WITH back-ups for tomorrow.
After the way this transfer window has gone, it would be our luck that the targets that they think they have sowed up fall through and we will be left high and dry.
I wonder if part of the DJ deal is dependent on us bringing somebody in? You would think city have thought about this.
Risby
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Zaba

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:18 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

the decision to not have Daniele De Rossi or Javi Martinez, as agreed in MAY in Abu Dhabi? not, I don't believe it's Mancini responability and fault. I do believe Mancini had open up the door of the top players market for the Club: sadly the Chairman has been sidetracked by different priorities in the very crowded agenda of a man who invwst a Royal Purse, and probably had rested too much on the laurel of being ahead of the project schedule.

Martinez was never coming to City. Disagree: when he started rifting with Bielsa, and Bayern were not involved yet, City were the first he winked at. We, and the evident anarchy actually in force at the sale&purchase dept., just took too much time to move and react properly, same as with Hazard.

DeRossi, still don't know. It's too late, the Italian window closes even earlier than the English one.

I think we are after even bigger players than those two but whether we can get them before next season I don't know.

I share the same gut feeling re the last sentence.
Yet I keep You in too much upper esteem to keep going with this kind of NQDP v Slim confrontation of ego on a plain redundant issue.
I know You know what I mean. and I'd also be preparred to bet my life on the fact that You would not tolerate a Marwood in YOUR OWN COMPANY (if You were the one who pays the bills, I mean).

2. "ACID QUEEN"

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:47 pm

As I've said before, I have no evidence whatsoever that he has done anything wrong.

If he is responsible for all transfers, then I would kiss his arse for bringing us the players he has but I don't believe that is the case. I think they work together on it, including Mancini. I think Mancini is economical with the truth & crafty with internal poilitics.

And I think Khaldoon has had a word with him about it.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby simplytolmie » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:57 pm

Could be bollocks but Rodney Marsh just tweeted a massive deal going down tonight. Total deal including wages £100m. Not sure who he won't say!
simplytolmie
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby bobby brows » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:02 pm

Any 2 of the following:

Mats Hummels
Sami Khedira
Holger Badstuber
Bastian Schweinsteiger

Solidify the back line. Hell, i'd sign Van Bommel if he hadn't signed for PSV in the summer
Please visit my website covering both Manchester City & Manchester City Women http://www.stealingfiveyards.com
bobby brows
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Goataldo » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:05 pm

simplytolmie wrote:Could be bollocks but Rodney Marsh just tweeted a massive deal going down tonight. Total deal including wages £100m. Not sure who he won't say!

Pissed and thinks it's him?
Goataldo
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City F.C.

Postby Swales4ever » Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:12 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:As I've said before, I have no evidence whatsoever that he has done anything wrong.

If he is responsible for all transfers, then I would kiss his arse for bringing us the players he has but I don't believe that is the case. I think they work together on it, including Mancini. I think Mancini is economical with the truth & crafty with internal poilitics.

When You'll bother to look at the undiscosed 5 millions scrapping of Adebyor, the 3 millions recovery of inability to to come to terms with NDJ renewal (for TWO fucking YEARS), the the 12 millions offload of AJ, one of the most regarded (right or wrong ) wingers of EPL, and compare with the >6 millions purchase of the 4th choice forward of a almost newly promoted Club, the 17 millions purchase of a raw U21 talent in the making, and possibly the 12 millions + 10 of Savic purchase of a promising 21 yo CB with 3 International caps, You will get that EVIDENCE. and this is just to cut the story short to the last month, when all the other Fellow Top European Club had just ended their market and trained their team in preaseason.
Then if You are married with Marwood and You want to find Mancini as a scapegoat, be it. Mancini is not nor have ever wanted to be a sporting director: he just wants someone at the Club to make that jobs at the same quality and effective level of other Fellow Top European Club. THERE IS NOTHING IN MARWOOD'S NON-EXPERIENCE AND NON-QUALIFICATION FOR THE JOB, NOR IN THE OVERALL RESULTS OF HIS EXTREMELY WELL PAID JOB, THAT SUGGEST OTHERWISE.
WE BOTH ARE DESPERATE FOR MCFC TO BE KING, ffs.
Mr. Marwood will be a rich mr. nobody, anyway, whatever evidence You need or not.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:39 pm

Mancio4ever wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:As I've said before, I have no evidence whatsoever that he has done anything wrong.

When You'll bother to look at the undiscosed 5 millions scrapping of Adebyor, the 3 millions recovery of inability to to come to terms with NDJ renewal (for TWO fucking YEARS), the the 12 millions offload of AJ, one of the most regarded (right or wrong ) wingers of EPL, and compare with the >6 millions purchase of the 4th choice forward of a almost newly promoted Club, the 17 millions purchase of a raw U21 talent in the making, and possibly the 12 millions + 10 of Savic purchase of a promising 21 yo CB with 3 International caps, You will get that EVIDENCE. and this is just to cut the story short to the last month, when all the other Fellow Top European Club had just ended their market and trained their team in preaseason.
Then if You are married with Marwood and You want to find Mancini as a scapegoat, be it. Mancini is not nor have ever wanted to be a sporting director: he just wants someone at the Club to make that jobs at the same quality and effective level of other Fellow Top European Club. THERE IS NOTHING IN MARWOOD'S NON-EXPERIENCE AND NON-QUALIFICATION FOR THE JOB, NOR IN THE OVERALL RESULTS OF HIS EXTREMELY WELL PAID JOB, THAT SUGGEST OTHERWISE.
Mr. Marwood will be a rich mr. nobody, anyway, whatever evidence You need or not.

You need to realise that I disagree with you & don't accept your interpretation of events so there is no point in contunually quoting them but not only that, neither do some of the people who share your opinion of Marwood.

And there lies part of the problem as I see it. Many people slag off Marwood but many of them slag him off for the opposite reasons & if the details were laid out, you would be arguing with each other about what he should & shouldn't have done.

Some say he should have got rid of Adebayor sooner by offering him everything, others say he should have put him in the reserves others say he should have sold him but hung on for more money. It goes on & on.

You can't even agree what it is exactly that he should have done half the time but then you all agree that it's his fault

It's absolutely & completely ridiculous.

Brian is an apt topic because the nonsense sprouted about Marwood is like a scene from 'Life Of Brian'. The people's Popular Front & the Popular People's Front, all banding together even though they can't even agree with each other.

The whole thing is absurd & childish.

If I find out he has been incompetent, I will suggest we get rid of him, but as it stands I know as much about his good or bad points as you lot do & that my friend is fuck all.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Swales4ever » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:19 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Mancio4ever wrote:

You need to realise that I disagree with you & don't accept your interpretation of events so there is no point in contunually quoting them but not only that, neither do some of the people who share your opinion of Marwood.

And there lies part of the problem as I see it. Many people slag off Marwood but many of them slag him off for the opposite reasons & if the details were laid out, you would be arguing with each other about what he should & shouldn't have done.

Some say he should have got rid of Adebayor sooner by offering him everything, others say he should have put him in the reserves others say he should have sold him but hung on for more money. It goes on & on.

You can't even agree what it is exactly that he should have done half the time but then you all agree that it's his fault

It's absolutely & completely ridiculous.

Brian is an apt topic because the nonsense sprouted about Marwood is like a scene from 'Life Of Brian'. The people's Popular Front & the Popular People's Front, all banding together even though they can't even agree with each other.

The whole thing is absurd & childish.

If I find out he has been incompetent, I will suggest we get rid of him, but as it stands I know as much about his good or bad points as you lot do & that my friend is fuck all.

viewtopic.php?f=119&t=43864&start=17

cheers, Mate.

2. "ACID QUEEN"

Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby ashton287 » Fri Aug 31, 2012 7:41 pm

Changed my mind 40 million falcao.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle