Post Match comments Welsh runts V Man City

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Post Match comments Welsh runts V Man City

Postby Dubaimancityfan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:44 pm

Arjan Van Schotte wrote:
Dubaimancityfan wrote:Kolarov for Clichy

hahaha, lets not let the old knee jerk turn into absolute nobsense...

I guess you're happy with the way he defended against the first goal ? And going forward, all he does is get the ball and pass it back to Nasri or Silva. Not even one cross into the penalty area !! Kolarov for me any day.
Dubaimancityfan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Big Dave

Postby failsworthblue » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:49 pm

The Scum and Chelski will not lose at this ground

Cardiff are a poor side and will not play better all season.

Bad substitution for me taking Navas off when they would have had to push for a goal.

Big test and failed.

Yaya is lazy and it shows away from home , Rodwell for me.
failsworthblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby DoomMerchant » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
He was average, but no moreso than any of the others. Imo, Barry behind those two & no Aguero would have made City a stronger team today.

Tru dat homie. It is so obvious. I mean why do these managers with these options make the heaviest weather of selecting the basic side that can mandhandle the match and win it?

If the count believed his own bullshit enough to start garcia at CB then we are going to be in for a long season and he will be sacked by xmas with us in 8th unless he gets his act together. Shocking taking Navas off as well. Stupid decision I felt.

The bullshit we saw today prollee would have worked in spain. Not here. Not now.
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby michaelcityfan » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:59 pm

Hardworking team ten behind the ball the usual inability to break them down. Then ludicrous defending of corners again just like last UNSUCCESSFUL season.
michaelcityfan
Darius Vassell's Composure

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:05 pm

Hmmm always fun to read reactions and over reactions.Sadly so much truth in what's been said.

Joe will play the next game cos Pellegrini says he has faith in him.Hopefully though he will have marked his card seriously as you just cannot afford mistakes like for that second goal.

It seems we are back to man marking at set pieces rather than zonal.Not sure about that but let's just hope today was teething troubles as we change back.Painful lesson for sure.

I thought we would see more pressing of the ball.There were a few decent examples but that first goal was all about non pressing and maybe believing we had one the game once we went one up.It seemed to me we had plenty around the ball but some how they all stood and watched the guy wonder what to do and then run past Clichy to get his dangerous cross in.So sloppy I couldn't believe it.

Zaba had a mare has to be right as for each goal the man he had to mark either scored or nearly scored.That's really bad and although others could have done better (Joe especially for the 2nd)

Clichy very average.
Garcia just isnt up to it
Lescott I though played well as a defender ( I would say that wouldn't I Carl but so did the pundits)
Yaya very poor
Fernand ok but nowt special
Silva I though played well but I really wish he could shoot
Navas average to poor
Dzeko pretty weak but a great goal
Aguero weak all game and looked for the spectacular too much
Negredo I like him and took his goal superbly

Pellegrini will have learned a lot from this and I am sure won't panic.He will leave that to the fans but he must have worries about the goals we have conceded in all games since he came.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Lee_R » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Hmmm always fun to read reactions and over reactions.Sadly so much truth in what's been said.

Joe will play the next game cos Pellegrini says he has faith in him.Hopefully though he will have marked his card seriously as you just cannot afford mistakes like for that second goal.

It seems we are back to man marking at set pieces rather than zonal.Not sure about that but let's just hope today was teething troubles as we change back.Painful lesson for sure.

I thought we would see more pressing of the ball.There were a few decent examples but that first goal was all about non pressing and maybe believing we had one the game once we went one up.It seemed to me we had plenty around the ball but some how they all stood and watched the guy wonder what to do and then run past Clichy to get his dangerous cross in.So sloppy I couldn't believe it.

Zaba had a mare has to be right as for each goal the man he had to mark either scored or nearly scored.That's really bad and although others could have done better (Joe especially for the 2nd)

Clichy very average.
Lescott I though played well as a defender ( I would say that wouldn't I Carl but so did the pundits)
Yaya very poor
Navas average to poor

Pellegrini will have learned a lot from this and I am sure won't panic.He will leave that to the fans but he must have worries about the goals we have conceded in all games since he came.

Spot on Doug.. though I dont think Pellegrini has ever been a defensive master.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:18 pm

Lee_R wrote:
Douglas Higginbottom wrote:Hmmm always fun to read reactions and over reactions.Sadly so much truth in what's been said.

Clichy very average.
Yaya very poor
Navas average to poor

Spot on Doug.. though I dont think Pellegrini has ever been a defensive master.

Maybe not but those goals were shocking from a defensive point of view. The first one annoyed me most for some reason as it was like it didn't seem to matter that we left the guy alone to run round us.
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:20 pm

Negredo was the only positive today.
Want him to start ahead of Aguero. At least until Aguero realises he's not the only man on the pitch and that sometimes it's the better option to pass.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby edge275 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:25 pm

A lot of our defensive problems have already been documented since the match but despite scoring 2 goals away from home we were very bad in attack as well, I thought.

The goal of Dzeko's at first looked like a wonder strike, but if you look carefully I'm pretty sure the shot was actually going wide, but the deflection put it right where it needed to go. All he did was just hit the ball hard, which I'm pretty sure most of us on this board could do. The goal was in fact, pure luck.

As for the second goal, it was a nice cross, but the header was sublime from Negredo. Individual brilliance rather than a team goal by outplaying the opposition, so to speak.

Other than the actual 2 goals we scored I can't really think of any other times where we looked close to scoring. We had plenty of possession sure, but we never really created any proper chances from it. The Newcastle game we scored 4 goals but I remember there were other great chances we had and it could've been 6 or 7 on another day. Negredo's goal was onside, for one.

Even though there is no defending our performance it did have a bit of a bad omen about it. The fact that Sky were giving Cardiff a massive love in from beginning to end, and it being their first home game in 50 years in the Premier League I had a bad feeling about it.

Also the constant time wasting and Cardiff players falling on the ground at every given opportunity was a joke and I felt the ref should've been more stricter about it. The fact that Mackay said he wasn't happy about the 6 minutes added time is a fucking farce as well. I wasn't happy about it either as in truth it should've been about 10 minutes.

I am not at total panic stations yet but we quite clearly have a lot of problems that need addressing ASAP.

Next game I hope to see Hart dropped and Pantilimon in. I also hope we sign Pepe.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Nige » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:28 pm

So so so annoying today.

The lows for me......
Sergio turning into trouble at least 10 times.
Lack of pace across the whole team, just like the worst if last year.
Finally, taking 15 passes to breach the halfway line. Usually involving a statuesque yaya two yards from the person he wants to receive the ball off.

I was also frustrated to see Ya ya bottle out of a few 50/50s, he got owned by an Asian dude and a Chilean midget. As did Fernandinho.

3 corners they had, fuckin 3 !!

Negredos's header was quality, Edin had two similar opportunities to hit the top corner from decent balls into he box, as did Garcia. Boy failed epically.
Nige
Superman's Underpants

My favourite player is: Fern 1

Postby ashton287 » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:44 pm

Aguero just kept pissing away anything that went through him as he did all last season. Negredo should have been on for him the second we took the lead if not earlier.

Nasri shouldnt have come on. He can't play against teams that park the bus because they WANT him to go sideways and won't rush out of position when he does.

Garcia should be took out back and put out of his fucking misery the gormless twat.

Hart should be dropped for his part today.

Pellers is proving himself to be the master tactician his CV suggests he is. Done a great job showing off his amazing man management tekkers everyone was raving about aswell, really seems to be getting the best out of our world beating superstars.

Bunch of sloppy cunts.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Portadown Blue » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:50 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:And another thing.
Dzeko showed today the value in shooting from distance if you can't break a side down.

The amount of times that Silva has the ball 20-25 yards from goal and tries an eye of the needle ball, which is never in a month of sundays going to come off, rather than sticking his foot through the ball is infuriating. It was like last season. Fannying the ball around just hoping that an opening would magically appear.

Spot on about Silva. Wonderful player but I've lost count of the number of times he's tried to thread a pass through a wall of opponents instead of putting his foot through it. Bloody frustrating.

Disappointing how Cardiff nullified us today with a well organised defensive wall, then took advantage of some crap defending to get the win. Their delivery from corners was so much more dangerous than ours, right into the six yard box where their big men were waiting to put Hart under pressure.

Great header from Negredo though. Dzeko would have missed that. Negredo to start against Hull.
Portadown Blue
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

My favourite player is: Aguero

Postby phips » Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:54 pm

im glad this happened now so Pellegrini can get his shit together and sort it out and perfect it vs. Hull ahead of the derby
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby Blue In Bolton » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Clichy's defending against Kim for their first was truly shocking. I thought a full-back's first responsibility was to prevent the cross from coming in and it wasn't like he was done for pace or a Messi-esque piece of dazzling skill - very poor. Dominant centre-half required and as already mentioned on here Hart needs dropping.
Blue In Bolton
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: David White

Postby roblues » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:15 pm

Hard to disagree with a lot that has been said in this thread. What exactly was the plan? Get the ball to Silva and see what happens?
Despite his poor decisions at times Dave was the only one who looked remotely threatening in the first half. As mentioned already, the game passed by the middle two, particularly Fernandinho who was frequently on the wrong side of the ball.

We all knew that the CBs were an issue this week but the plan didn't seem to cater for them, either directly by some proper protection, or indirectly by ensuring that one of Yaya or Fernandinho were there to take the ball from them. At one point, Clichy had a throw-in on the edge of the Cardiff area and had to throw it to Lescott because neither of the middle two were in sight.

The goals were clumsy but we never really did enough going forward to deserve a win, and that is why talk of two defensive errors losing us the game is very worrying to me - we can't just turn up and expect to win.
roblues
Superman's Underpants

Postby Spurge » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:20 pm

Amongst the over reactive slit your wrist type drivel on this thread it's also interspersed with some valid points.

The goals conceded weren't good no getting away from that - man marking under pellers versus zonal marking under bobby, so needs work in order to perfect. Lets see this as a lesson learnt and put right asap. We missed Vinnie - hardly a surprise

Hart I thought was excellent first half but needs to command his area from corners and free kicks This has always been his achillies heel to be honest. Panti should be an option that Pellers shouldn't be afraid to use as he is a very good keeper.

Fernandihno is finding the prem a different proposition - not totally surprised but I'm sure he will improve, also we are playing 4 in midfield and not the 5 the rest of the squad from last year are used to. God forbid but it might just take more than 2 games to perfect.

Aguero was selfish it's true, but do you begrudge a centre forward of his calibre this? It's clear he is not match fit yet - I was surprised Edin came off for Negredo, thought Sergio would play another 70 mins towards getting close to match fitness and think pellers should have taken him off.

We played ok, looked the better, classier side to me. Though credit is due to Cardiff - a massive occasion for them, they were either going to find it too much or rise to the occasion, sadly they did the latter, and were very organised defensively. Fine lines determine whetehr or not we are seen as quality of over valued shite in the media, but we are a quality side that is developimg and one that has hopefully learnt something from today
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 pm

A this stage I would honestly rather see Richard wright in goal. Joe may be the worst keeper in the prem at the moment. His form has been a joke since early last season.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby Spurge » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:23 pm

Sideshow Bob wrote:A this stage I would honestly rather see Richard wright in goal. Joe may be the worst keeper in the prem at the moment. His form has been a joke since early last season.

thanks for your honesty
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby Breks » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:25 pm

Ted Hughes wrote:
Breks wrote:Lets not got carried away, the rags lost there 1st game last season and they won the league. This can happen to the big teams early on but we have 36 games left. Hart should be dropped because he has been making too many costly mistakes for too long. We will comeback and we will be challenging for the title. We have a fantastic squad. I'm gutted but I'm not getting carried away, I've been watching football too long to get carried away over 1 defeat.

Let's not get carried away but drop the keeper seems a bit contradictory to me.

No it's a sensible suggestion, hart has been crap for a while
Breks
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Pablo Zabaleta

Postby Sideshow Bob » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 pm

Spurge wrote:
Sideshow Bob wrote:A this stage I would honestly rather see Richard wright in goal. Joe may be the worst keeper in the prem at the moment. His form has been a joke since early last season.

thanks for your honesty

No prob. Sorry if I hurt your feelings. :(
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum