***Official Match Thread|Shakhtar Donetsk v City***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Shakhtar Donetsk v City - Pre Match Thread

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:12 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:
I can see why a few dodgy ref decisions can be frustrating, but giving up your season ticket as a result? I don't understand that. Is that just me?

I didn't say anywhere that was the only contributing factor. Is that just me?

But it certainly didn't help! And it isn't just "a few dodgy ref decisions" is it?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:27 pm

Pep wearing this yellow ribbon (which I do not like) Surely some of the Spanish CL refs don't like it either.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby Elvistheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Mase wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:
I can see why a few dodgy ref decisions can be frustrating, but giving up your season ticket as a result? I don't understand that. Is that just me?

But it certainly didn't help! And it isn't just "a few dodgy ref decisions" is it?

Do you nit pick every post on here looking for justification of other people's responses. You didn't say there were other factors either.... or is that just me too?

You're obviously a regular poster on here, and I'd hate to come on here and upset you, but I'm only posting my opinion.... as you are yours, and I've never said you're wrong for your opinion, just that I don't understand it.
Elvistheblue
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Gods own club
My favourite player is: Spannish Dave

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:35 pm

Elvistheblue wrote:
Mase wrote:
Elvistheblue wrote:

Do you nit pick every post on here looking for justification of other people's responses. You didn't say there were other factors either.... or is that just me too?

You're obviously a regular poster on here, and I'd hate to come on here and upset you, but I'm only posting my opinion.... as you are yours, and I've never said you're wrong for your opinion, just that I don't understand it.

Only when it's made easy. Thank you.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby iwasthere2012 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:37 pm

sheblue wrote:Pep wearing this yellow ribbon (which I do not like) Surely some of the Spanish CL refs don't like it either.

I've no doubt that is why we keep getting Spanish officials, but let's face it we have no influence over the Spanish government,
so good luck to him on what he is trying to prove. Exposure I would guess.
I don't know what influence the crowd has over a game of football but let's face it I no longer know what the objective of booing is.
I understand the justified reasons for it, but just see it as an endless spiral of division amongst support.
Some are adamant they will keep it up, as it is their right to do so. Others would love something equally provocative but more positive to the overall atmoshere.

I've booed and don't have a problem with the booing. It's just that the total negative atmosphere around the Lyon game I was at was palpable and really created the setting for what was a downer. I've heard very good suggestions on a well known forum that has a thread on this running close to 150 pages at this stage.
Booing would be fine in a packed stadium with everyone doing it. The way it sounded that night though was half-hearted at best in an otherwise pretty quiet stadium. All it highlighted was how shit our atmospere is.

What is the objective? If it's the publicity of UEFA's corruption, then maybe do what City have always done best. Use black humour instead.
It has been suggested that overly enthusiastic cheering durin their jingle with;
We love U-EFA we do, we love U-EFA we do, We love U-EFA we do,
Oh! UEFA we love You.
would be an alternative.
I think this is ironic and everyone would know it. It would be funny and would lift the mood better than the booing, but if people prefer booing, so be it.

I personally won't be forking out the money to come across midweek and take two days off work and keep the young lad out of school, for that.

Not saying it would cvhange things, but doing the same thing over and over and expecting a change in fortune is crazy.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby ShimmyShaker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:58 pm

"It's one important thing to win this kind of title, you have to be pushed, not just by the manager, by everyone surrounding Manchester City. And still we don't have that feeling, the feeling that the fans are pushing that we have to win the Champions League." - Pep

Begs the question,if the Anfield crowd is so influential why haven't Liverpool won the league for 28 years? The CL is fixed, if something is unattainable what's the point in chasing it? There is no way UEFA would allow us to attend their showpiece event.
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDB

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:31 pm

Do you want City to win the CL ?
Or rather Do you want us to win the corrupt basterds flagship comp ?
Either way, gotta be YES.

My take is any City game, we want to win. Cant be an argument there surely. So the issue is that fans cant accept UEFA's bullshit.
if the comp was run by someone else there would be no problem, it is UEFA and more to the point their blatant and obvious corruption.

To me the answer is simple, Boo the shite of an anthem out of the fucking ground for starters,

then as soon as the ref starts fucking us about Boo that cunt too and dont let go, make it a real test for the cunt just to get out alive.
While i'm at ti we should have an anti uefa chant, like every time we score ' Fuck off UEFA', 'City 1 Uefa 0'

If we dont we are just rolling over and letting these fuckers win.

Plus if we vent our anger then it allows us to also fully get behind the team manager and club.

The trouble at the mo is that 'enjoying the competition' feels like green lighting and supporting UEFA.

We need as fans to separate the two, and at games and elsewhere make that known, very loudly.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:41 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Imagine asking fans to support the team to try help them win this competition, he has some cheek.

If he was told we would not boo the anthem if he took off his fuckign yellow ribbon what would he say ?

We all know the fucking answer to that one dont we !!!

He should respect the fact we just dont like the corrupt cunts just as he doesnt like the corrupt cunts in Spain.

Get on with managing the fuckign team ffs and stop trying to flog a dead horse.!!

He said nothing about the booing Carl, did you watch the video?

Guardiola has asked Manchester City supporters to cease booing the Champions League anthem. However, do the fans have a point to their sour feelings?

''I was not here, I don’t know what happened, but they must forget what happened in the past''…
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dimples » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:05 pm

City will win the CL this year.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Sparklehorse » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:14 pm

Dimples wrote:City will win the CL this year.

As long as we avoid candlepool in the knockout stages.
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: All of them

Postby johnny crossan » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:17 pm

ShimmyShaker wrote:"It's one important thing to win this kind of title, you have to be pushed, not just by the manager, by everyone surrounding Manchester City. And still we don't have that feeling, the feeling that the fans are pushing that we have to win the Champions League." - Pep

Begs the question,if the Anfield crowd is so influential why haven't Liverpool won the league for 28 years? The CL is fixed, if something is unattainable what's the point in chasing it? There is no way UEFA would allow us to attend their showpiece event.

we were a big toe away from it a few months ago.
johnny crossan
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:19 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Foreverinbluedreams wrote:Imagine asking fans to support the team to try help them win this competition, he has some cheek.

If he was told we would not boo the anthem if he took off his fuckign yellow ribbon what would he say ?

He should respect the fact we just dont like the corrupt cunts just as he doesnt like the corrupt cunts in Spain.

Get on with managing the fuckign team ffs and stop trying to flog a dead horse.!!

Guardiola has asked Manchester City supporters to cease booing the Champions League anthem. However, do the fans have a point to their sour feelings?

''I was not here, I don’t know what happened, but they must forget what happened in the past''…

That quote is two years old, and I agree he was wrong to try tell the fans what to do, perhaps that is why he's changed tack now and asked the fans to push the team to win it, he doesn't believe we can win it unless the fans are fully behind it.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby sheblue » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:23 pm

Dimples wrote:City will win the CL this year.

I have always found it hard to believe that UEFA will allow MCFC fans to be present and to boo at a CL final, THEIR showcase day in the sun. I would have thought that was pretty obvious, especially following the officiating at last season's semis.
sheblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: city
My favourite player is: silva

Postby ShimmyShaker » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:24 pm

johnny crossan wrote:
ShimmyShaker wrote:"It's one important thing to win this kind of title, you have to be pushed, not just by the manager, by everyone surrounding Manchester City. And still we don't have that feeling, the feeling that the fans are pushing that we have to win the Champions League." - Pep

we were a big toe away from it a few months ago.

And plenty of bad/dodgy decisions
ShimmyShaker
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

My favourite player is: KDB

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:26 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

That quote is two years old, and I agree he was wrong to try tell the fans what to do, perhaps that is why he's changed tack now and asked the fans to push the team to win it, he doesn't believe we can win it unless the fans are fully behind it.

Hes spent 500 million quid - he cant blame the fuckign fans if he doesnt win the CL.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:30 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Hes spent 500 million quid - he cant blame the fuckign fans if he doesnt win the CL.

Pep never makes a mistake Carl. Gawd how did you not know that by now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Nigels Tackle » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:31 pm

Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

shhhhhhhhh!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby CTID Hants » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:45 pm

How we line-up tonight!

City XI | Ederson, Laporte, Mendy, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (C), Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

Subs | Muric, Walker, Kompany, Agüero, Sané, Bernardo, Foden

#fcsdvcity #mancity https://t.co/LpBuqljtoV
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:47 pm

Nigels Tackle wrote:
Mase wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

shhhhhhhhh!

The Mancityfans.net brains trust has spoken.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Fidel Castro » Tue Oct 23, 2018 5:48 pm

CTID Hants wrote:How we line-up tonight!

City XI | Ederson, Laporte, Mendy, Stones, Otamendi, Fernandinho, De Bruyne, Silva (C), Mahrez, Sterling, Jesus

Subs | Muric, Walker, Kompany, Agüero, Sané, Bernardo, Foden

#fcsdvcity #mancity https://t.co/LpBuqljtoV

Time for Jesus to put in a performance
Fidel Castro

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum