Summer transfer thread

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Summer transfer thread

Postby nottsblue » Thu Jun 25, 2015 5:36 pm

blues2win wrote:Marca says Real will go for Otamendi if Ramos goes to the scum. Makes sense.

Ramos won't go to the rags in a month of Sundays
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:44 pm

nottsblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:Marca says Real will go for Otamendi if Ramos goes to the scum. Makes sense.

What about the little boy inside him?
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:01 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Hernandez is already one of theirs
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Scatman » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:37 pm

Bianchi on Ice wrote:
nottsblue wrote:

Hernandez is already one of theirs
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:50 pm

The Sun claim we're getting confident we've won the battle to get Pogba for 60 million pounds plus 200,000 plus a week and that this will be tied up first and a final bid for Sterling second.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby PrezIke » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:03 pm

blues2win wrote:The Sun claim we're getting confident we've won the battle to get Pogba for 60 million pounds plus 200,000 plus a week and that this will be tied up first and a final bid for Sterling second.

That seems lower than expected for Pogba. That would feel like a coup to me if it was pulled off for that price. I smell bollox!
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby blues2win » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:20 pm

It's actually 85 million euros which ain't too shabby. Laporta, one of the Barca Presidential contenders, is pushing Pogba but obviously he has to get round the transfer ban. They can't register and then loan back but they could agree to buy in January in some sort of binding fashion. If we fend off Barcelona and the others it will be a bloody miracle but just sometimes miracles happen.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Jun 25, 2015 10:49 pm

Paul Pogba transfer: Manchester City reportedly close to signing £60million Juventus midfielder

The Blues were reportedly locked in a three-way race with Barcelona and Real Madrid for his signature, but apparently think they have the lead

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/ ... ty-5950337

Back to Manchester? City reportedly believe they are in pole position to sign Pogba

A fee of £60million is being touted, with the Frenchman set to earn £200,000-a-week at the Etihad.

City reportedly want to get the deal through the door, before they make a final approach for want-away Liverpool star Raheem Sterling.

Despite being banned from signing players until next January, Barca seemed to be in pole position to lure Pogba away from Juventus.

Manchester Citybelieve they are close to signing Juventus midfielderPaul Pogbafor a British transfer record fee, according to reports.

The Blues were reportedly locked in a three-way tussle with Barcelona and Real Madrid for his signature, but theSunreport Manuel Pellegrini believes he almost has his man.

Presidential candidate Agusti Benedito claimed that, if he is elected, he will be able to seal a deal for the France international.

"I have spoken to Pogba," said Benedito. "First, I contacted Juventus chairman Andrea Agnelli, then spoke directly with the player.

"They have proposed an annual salary of £8.6m after tax and a transfer fee of £57m.”

What I like about him is that he has everything. He’s a complete player, who is also capable of scoring goals as he likes to get forward. In terms of his footballing qualities, he’s extraordinary.

“A lot of clubs are interested. There has also been talk of Real. Inevitably, talented players are of interest to all big clubs.

“For his development, it’s important that he has a good environment, and I hope he’ll always have that.”

However,Pellegriniis apparently confident of trumping both La Liga giants, as he bids to build a team capable of regaining the Premier League title, and making the latter stages of the Champions League.

It would be quite a story if the move comes to fruition, after Pogba was sensationally discarded by Sir Alex Ferguson during his formative years at City's rivals Manchester United.

Zinedine Zidane also hinted at interest from the Bernabeu, suggesting 'extraordinary' Pogba had all the tools to be a shining light atReal Madrid.

He said: “I think he’s fantastic.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby iwasthere2012 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:24 pm

^^^
Regarding the stories from The Sun and The Mirror, I would say the strange tingling I had in my left nut, is a more reliable source for optimism than any information they may supply.
I do however still have that feeling in the aforementioned nad, that we will land all 3.
Sterling, Pogba, KDB.

Hope that's all it is anyhow.
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

Postby Bianchi on Ice » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:46 pm

iwasthere2012 wrote:^^^
Regarding the stories from The Sun and The Mirror, I would say the strange tingling I had in my left nut, is a more reliable source for optimism than any information they may supply.
I do however still have that feeling in the aforementioned nad, that we will land all 3.
Sterling, Pogba, KDB.

Hope that's all it is anyhow.

If none of this comes to fruition, I suggest you have your tingling checked out
Bianchi on Ice
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: warren beatty

Postby phips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 12:48 am

that article mentions nothing in terms of quote re: City or anything. just pure fuckin bullshit. thats not to say that it might not end up being true but there's no evidence in there whatsoever to justify their headline. fantastic journalism.
Last edited by phips on Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I'm not really a City fan. I'm just here for attention.

Barclays Premier League 2011-2012 CHAMP1-6NS
Barclays Premier League 2013-2014 CHAMP156NS
Barclays Premier League 2017-2018 CHAMP100NS
Barclays Premier League 2018-2019 CHAMP14ONS
Barclays Premier League 2020-2021 CHAM21ONS
Barclays Premier League 2021-2022 CHAM93ONS
Barclays Premier League 2022-2023 CHAM3XIONS
2022-2023 Domestic & European TR3BLE WINNERS
Barclays Premier League 2023-2024 CH4MPIONS
phips
Denis Tueart's Overhead

Supporter of: Man City, Dortmund
My favourite player is: David Silva, Marco Reus

Postby DoomMerchant » Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:50 am

phips wrote:that article mentions nothing in terms of quote re: City or anything. just pure fuckin bullshit. thats not to say that it might not end up being true but there's no evidence in their whatsoever to justify their headline. fantastic journalism.

What world do you live in where we talk openly about our transfer targets to the media?

Oh, that's right. Dortmund world.

Plonker.

Cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby City64 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 4:46 am

If we get Pogba and Sterling it would be fucking amazing ! Looking good !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Wooders » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:34 am

Apparently we're also in for Pedro?
Just trying to imagine our midfield lineup if we get everyone?
Aguero
Pedro sterling
Dave
Pogba Yaya?

What about KDB?
Citys new Motto "To crush your enemies, to see them driven before you and hear the lamentation of their women"
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby twosips » Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:41 am

Weirdly, I have the opposite feeling to iwasthere. My instinct is that we'll only get Sterling of the big three. I don't think we can compete with Barca, Real and Bayern just yet and i think KDB/Pogba will end up hanging on for them. May be wrong obviously but im not confident...
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:02 am

phips wrote:that article mentions nothing in terms of quote re: City or anything. just pure fuckin bullshit. thats not to say that it might not end up being true but there's no evidence in their whatsoever to justify their headline. fantastic journalism.

Yet if the headline was positive towards Barca or Real and negative against City I've no doubt you'd believe every word or at least wouldn't be so inclined to call it fucking bullshit. Strangefish.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby I Just Blue Myself » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:07 am

KDB will come to us or stay. Madrid & Barca won't be interested, Bayern have lined up Douglas Costa and will push for Di María.

Pogba? Who knows.
I Just Blue Myself
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: go౦ԁ sHit✔ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳ

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:08 am

blues2win wrote:It's actually 85 million euros which ain't too shabby. Laporta, one of the Barca Presidential contenders, is pushing Pogba but obviously he has to get round the transfer ban. They can't register and then loan back but they could agree to buy in January in some sort of binding fashion. If we fend off Barcelona and the others it will be a bloody miracle but just sometimes miracles happen.

There's still the issue of him being cup tied for CL assuming of course that Juve play him in CL group stages.

Come to think of it, if he's going halfway through the season it would be in Juve's best interest to use him sparingly, firstly to avoid an injury that may scupper the deal and secondly because they'd want his replacement bedded into the side before he goes.

Then he goes to Barca halfway through the season and has to oust one of Iniesta or Rakitic from the starting XI, no sure thing. He could end up in a situation where he plays very little football for the next 12 months, which wouldn't be ideal for him with the Euros coming up on his home soil.

He'd be better off coming to City where he'd almost be guaranteed a starting berth to have him fighting fit come the Euros.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:20 am

Watch on youtube.com
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby iwasthere2012 » Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:24 am

twosips wrote:Weirdly, I have the opposite feeling to iwasthere. My instinct is that we'll only get Sterling of the big three. I don't think we can compete with Barca, Real and Bayern just yet and i think KDB/Pogba will end up hanging on for them. May be wrong obviously but im not confident...

That's a tingle in the right ball then, is it?
iwasthere2012
Denis Law's Backheel

My favourite player is: David Silva (was PabZab)

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum