MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

What will be the outcome?

City exonerated of all charges.
44%
City exonerated of main charge but done for not cooperating.
19%
UEFA charges upheld, ban stands.
28%
Other.
9%

Total votes : 57

Re: MCFC v UEFA | Verdict 13 Jul 20

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jul 15, 2020 10:48 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnny crossan wrote:A few extra haters added

I’m sure that all are fine upstanding members of the community.

I very nearly threw a dart at my lap top - Ill have to print this out for my dart board.

It just goes to show how many of these cunts hate us.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby City64 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:03 am

Huge twist breaking this morning about how the stolen / hacked emails became into the public domain . Prestwich Blue twitter account (top account and legal savvy) reporting Der Speigel are denying any involvement in this and are firmly pointing the finger at UEFA. This is massive !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:18 am

Interesting phrases put together by carragher.

I thought he had to be objective, right?
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:21 am

PeterParker wrote:Interesting phrases put together by carragher.

I thought he had to be objective, right?

He wore a United shirt live on Sky last season when we had the derby coming up. They really don’t care or hide it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:42 am

Good Lad Stuart.

Jurgen Klopp is performing so many U-turns that you start to wonder if he is stuck on the football equivalent of Liverpool’s hellish Switch Island roundabout.

And former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has developed a goldfish-like memory of the way respectable courts of law operate, just 18 months after pleading guilty to tax evasion.

Inevitably, those two managers were at the forefront of the clamour to condemn Manchester City, despite the Blues being cleared of charges that they used the owner’s money to inflate sponsorship revenues.

The verdict of the Court of Arbitration for Sport could not have been clearer.

In huge, bold letters, right at the top of their decision, it said: “MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES”.

Even Arsene Wenger might have seen that.
The critics, predictably, piled in regardless. They have seen all the evidence they wanted to see, which was the hacked emails published by Football Leaks and Der Spiegel.

The fact that City insisted all along that they were innocent, and that an independent court would find them so, having seen BOTH sides of the argument, has been utterly ignored.

The snipers are not interested in both sides of the argument, and oblivious to the fact that three independent judges came to the conclusion that the Blues had not done what Uefa said they had.

For a man who comes across as reasonable and decent, Klopp leapt into this debate with indecent haste.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer showed the right level of fair-mindedness, and deserves credit. When asked, he expressed his support for financial fair play (FFP) but refused to express an opinion on the CAS verdict.

Klopp, without seeing City’s successful argument, waded straight in, even suggesting – quite ridiculously - that the decision could lead to the formation of a world super league.

Of course, Klopp is becoming well-known for doing 180-degree turns in his moral stances.

After United splashed out a world record fee for Paul Pogba, an outraged Klopp said that he would walk away from football if he ever felt that spending big money was the means to success.

“The day this is football, I’m not in a job any more,” he said.

Then Liverpool had an enormous £248million splurge in the transfer market, the biggest ever by an English club, and the second biggest in world football.

The “exit” light was flashing for Klopp, clearly, but he had suddenly had a change of heart: “Did I change my opinion? Yes. That’s true. It’s better to change an opinion than to never have one,” he said.

But that opinion on spending only lasted as long as it suited him.

As soon as City got cleared of wrongdoing, Klopp refused to accept it, despite not having seen City’s side of the argument.

His initial viewpoint, that any big spending is bad, has miraculously morphed into big spending is bad if it is not based on your revenue.

Not only does that ignore the CAS verdict, expressed in big letters above, it also makes no sense.

He drew a parallel between allowing City’s "jet plane" to enter a race against Formula One cars.

Again, totally ignoring that his Liverpool F1 car just beat the City Typhoon fighter by a country mile in the Premier League race.

That was not because of some remarkable feat of engineering, but because Liverpool spent a vast amount of money, and because City have been constrained – by their own desire to be a self-funding entity rather than by the threat of FFP.

The fact that Liverpool’s record fee is £13million higher than that of City, for a player who the Blues could not afford to buy, tells the truth of that one.

It also ignores the fact that the “jet plane” has not been winning everything in sight for the last ten years, since the takeover.

Klopp’s insinuation, that Liverpool are spending good money, hard-earned revenue, while City are being funded by their owner, has been comprehensively smashed by the CAS verdict.

Even if it had been true, there is dubious sporting integrity about selling more club-branded toothbrush holders in Tokyo than your rivals.

Uefa have proved their flakiness many times down the years, and most people in football treat them with scorn and suspicion.

Until it comes to their hounding of City, of course, in which case Uefa are held up as crusader for truth, wielding a flaming sword of justice.

Mourinho took the stance that if City had done nothing wrong, why did they get fined?

He should look at his own personal history for the answer to that one.

Last year, he pleaded guilty to tax evasion charges in Spain and was given a suspended prison sentence and fine.

Presumably, if he had been cleared of the main charge but found guilty of a lesser one, he would have demanded that he be punished for the more serious charges, as well.

City WERE found guilty of obstructing the initial Uefa investigation, but the club has always insisted that investigation was based on a “clear and organised” assault on their reputation, and would be disproved by an independent inquiry – which has proved prescient.

Uefa’s eagerness to prosecute, on the back of emails which were hacked or stolen, was obscene.

They blatantly broke their own rules in their headlong pursuit of the Blues, hence some of the alleged breaches being thrown out by CAS as “time-barred”.

Their desperation to do the Blues is obvious in that action alone.

They willingly based their whole case on evidence which had been gained illicitly, by a man currently awaiting trial in Portugal - another decision of dubious moral integrity.

And they leaked details of the case to selected media throughout, yet another breach of fair process, and one of which CAS took a dim view.

Yet this is the body which City are meant to trust to carry out a fair investigation?

Mourinho would be a hoot as a prosecuting lawyer “Your honour the defendant has been found not guilty of murder, but he HAS been found guilty of parking on double yellow lines. If he is guilty of one offence, he must be guilty of both, and the prosecution calls for the death penalty!”

Klopp and Mourinho – the managers of two clubs who have most to lose from City being strong - have seen one side of the argument and are refusing to accept a legitimate outcome.

The men who HAVE seen both sides of the argument say City have done little wrong. To whom should we listen?
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Hazy2 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:47 am

Just read the MEN. Jose and Klopp are a disgrace spot on
Hazy2
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby PeterParker » Thu Jul 16, 2020 11:48 am

^
Splendid.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:05 pm

Think I'm going to push for my next grandson's name to be Martin Samuel..........
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:24 pm

Bluemoon4610 wrote:Think I'm going to push for my next grandson's name to be Martin Samuel..........

He’s a fucking Star isn’t he and I don’t say that because he has our backs , as when we have fucked up on the pitch or off he’s had a go at us and won’t hesitate to have a go again , I say it because he strives to tell the fucking truth .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Bluemoon4610 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:36 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Bluemoon4610 wrote:Think I'm going to push for my next grandson's name to be Martin Samuel..........

He’s a fucking Star isn’t he and I don’t say that because he has our backs , as when we have fucked up on the pitch or off he’s had a go at us and won’t hesitate to have a go again , I say it because he strives to tell the fucking truth .

A rare trait among today's so-called journalists!
Bluemoon4610
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Tru_Blu » Thu Jul 16, 2020 1:57 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:Good Lad Stuart.

Jurgen Klopp is performing so many U-turns that you start to wonder if he is stuck on the football equivalent of Liverpool’s hellish Switch Island roundabout.

And former Manchester United boss Jose Mourinho has developed a goldfish-like memory of the way respectable courts of law operate, just 18 months after pleading guilty to tax evasion.

Inevitably, those two managers were at the forefront of the clamour to condemn Manchester City, despite the Blues being cleared of charges that they used the owner’s money to inflate sponsorship revenues.

In huge, bold letters, right at the top of their decision, it said: “MANCHESTER CITY FC DID NOT DISGUISE EQUITY FUNDING AS SPONSORSHIP CONTRIBUTIONS BUT DID FAIL TO COOPERATE WITH THE UEFA AUTHORITIES”.

The critics, predictably, piled in regardless. They have seen all the evidence they wanted to see, which was the hacked emails published by Football Leaks and Der Spiegel.

The fact that City insisted all along that they were innocent, and that an independent court would find them so, having seen BOTH sides of the argument, has been utterly ignored.

The snipers are not interested in both sides of the argument, and oblivious to the fact that three independent judges came to the conclusion that the Blues had not done what Uefa said they had.

For a man who comes across as reasonable and decent, Klopp leapt into this debate with indecent haste.

Manchester United manager Ole Gunnar Solskjaer showed the right level of fair-mindedness, and deserves credit. When asked, he expressed his support for financial fair play (FFP) but refused to express an opinion on the CAS verdict.

Klopp, without seeing City’s successful argument, waded straight in, even suggesting – quite ridiculously - that the decision could lead to the formation of a world super league.

Of course, Klopp is becoming well-known for doing 180-degree turns in his moral stances.

After United splashed out a world record fee for Paul Pogba, an outraged Klopp said that he would walk away from football if he ever felt that spending big money was the means to success.

Then Liverpool had an enormous £248million splurge in the transfer market, the biggest ever by an English club, and the second biggest in world football.

The “exit” light was flashing for Klopp, clearly, but he had suddenly had a change of heart: “Did I change my opinion? Yes. That’s true. It’s better to change an opinion than to never have one,” he said.

As soon as City got cleared of wrongdoing, Klopp refused to accept it, despite not having seen City’s side of the argument.

His initial viewpoint, that any big spending is bad, has miraculously morphed into big spending is bad if it is not based on your revenue.

Not only does that ignore the CAS verdict, expressed in big letters above, it also makes no sense.

He drew a parallel between allowing City’s "jet plane" to enter a race against Formula One cars.

Again, totally ignoring that his Liverpool F1 car just beat the City Typhoon fighter by a country mile in the Premier League race.

That was not because of some remarkable feat of engineering, but because Liverpool spent a vast amount of money, and because City have been constrained – by their own desire to be a self-funding entity rather than by the threat of FFP.

The fact that Liverpool’s record fee is £13million higher than that of City, for a player who the Blues could not afford to buy, tells the truth of that one.

It also ignores the fact that the “jet plane” has not been winning everything in sight for the last ten years, since the takeover.

Klopp’s insinuation, that Liverpool are spending good money, hard-earned revenue, while City are being funded by their owner, has been comprehensively smashed by the CAS verdict.

Even if it had been true, there is dubious sporting integrity about selling more club-branded toothbrush holders in Tokyo than your rivals.

Uefa have proved their flakiness many times down the years, and most people in football treat them with scorn and suspicion.

Until it comes to their hounding of City, of course, in which case Uefa are held up as crusader for truth, wielding a flaming sword of justice.

Mourinho took the stance that if City had done nothing wrong, why did they get fined?

Last year, he pleaded guilty to tax evasion charges in Spain and was given a suspended prison sentence and fine.

Presumably, if he had been cleared of the main charge but found guilty of a lesser one, he would have demanded that he be punished for the more serious charges, as well.

City WERE found guilty of obstructing the initial Uefa investigation, but the club has always insisted that investigation was based on a “clear and organised” assault on their reputation, and would be disproved by an independent inquiry – which has proved prescient.

Uefa’s eagerness to prosecute, on the back of emails which were hacked or stolen, was obscene.

They blatantly broke their own rules in their headlong pursuit of the Blues, hence some of the alleged breaches being thrown out by CAS as “time-barred”.

They willingly based their whole case on evidence which had been gained illicitly, by a man currently awaiting trial in Portugal - another decision of dubious moral integrity.

And they leaked details of the case to selected media throughout, yet another breach of fair process, and one of which CAS took a dim view.

Yet this is the body which City are meant to trust to carry out a fair investigation?

Mourinho would be a hoot as a prosecuting lawyer “Your honour the defendant has been found not guilty of murder, but he HAS been found guilty of parking on double yellow lines. If he is guilty of one offence, he must be guilty of both, and the prosecution calls for the death penalty!”

Klopp and Mourinho – the managers of two clubs who have most to lose from City being strong - have seen one side of the argument and are refusing to accept a legitimate outcome.

The men who HAVE seen both sides of the argument say City have done little wrong. To whom should we listen?

Great Lad
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare."

Piers Morgan

Tru_Blu
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: oat-Rivaldo cur-KDB

Postby CTID Hants » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:50 pm

Tru_Blu wrote:

Great Lad

Carl, do you have a link to this i want shove up the arse of a very thick hammers fan (also follows the rags LOL), he's beginning to get on my tits being verbal on FB.
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 3:58 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Tru_Blu wrote:

Great Lad

Carl, do you have a link to this i want shove up the arse of a very thick hammers fan (also follows the rags LOL), he's beginning to get on my tits being verbal on FB.

Here you go

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk ... a-18606864
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby trueblue64 » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:02 pm

'UEFA holds peace talks with Manchester City'

http://www.skysports.com/share/12029507
There's only one mancity and one mancityfans.net

Born blue, still a blue and will die a blue...........

[center]Image[/center]
trueblue64
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: ManCity

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pm

trueblue64 wrote:'UEFA holds peace talks with Manchester City'

We instigated it...apparently.

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered as their contempt for us is plain and obvious.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Mase » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Ohhhhh they want to be friends now?
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby blues2win » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:07 pm

CAS say full award will be published on their website next week provided there are no confidentiality issues.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby brite blu sky » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:24 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't have bothered as their contempt for us is plain and obvious.

Well we might be doing this to gauge the mood at uefa.
Khaldoon could be using it to assess how much uefa feel they have been led down a blind ally by being a tool of the Club Cartel.

if you get the drift that City are clearly a powerful force and that the tide is now on the turn, uefa got to look silly by doing the bidding of the Club Cartel and they will know that and feel it. So we may all be surprised how uefa may now be looking for other options in terms of support. They may also have a sense that the tide is turning and even if City can engineer some doubt in uefa towards the policy of kow-towing to the Cartel, then it could be very much worth it in the long run.

If anyone in this whole charade knows best how to play the long game it will be our club - look at what they have done in M/c, and look at the patience of the last 10 years in waiting for an opportunity to start hitting back.

There is some cleverness in giving uefa a sense of another possible path for themselves gong forward.

Our guys are smart - more than can be said for all the other fucking clowns
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Jul 16, 2020 4:50 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

Well we might be doing this to gauge the mood at uefa.
Khaldoon could be using it to assess how much uefa feel they have been led down a blind ally by being a tool of the Club Cartel.

if you get the drift that City are clearly a powerful force and that the tide is now on the turn, uefa got to look silly by doing the bidding of the Club Cartel and they will know that and feel it. So we may all be surprised how uefa may now be looking for other options in terms of support. They may also have a sense that the tide is turning and even if City can engineer some doubt in uefa towards the policy of kow-towing to the Cartel, then it could be very much worth it in the long run.

If anyone in this whole charade knows best how to play the long game it will be our club - look at what they have done in M/c, and look at the patience of the last 10 years in waiting for an opportunity to start hitting back.

There is some cleverness in giving uefa a sense of another possible path for themselves gong forward.

Our guys are smart - more than can be said for all the other fucking clowns

Yes, we tend to use UEFA as a short-hand for the G-whatever group of clubs, but UEFA is not a monolith, and while those clubs are deeply entrenched, there is another part of the organisation that has long resented their influence.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby worzel » Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:03 pm

Hope he mentioned all the dodgy decisions that we've been a victim of
worzel
Joey Barton's Twitter Account

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum