***Official Match Thread | City v United | Sat 7 Apr 18***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: ***Official Match Thread | City v United | Sat 7 Apr 18*

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:57 pm

Justified logic wrote:Image
Thoughts?

My thoughts are that Guardiola is not City-centered and doesn't give a shit about the fans.

This is why I respect Mancini, even if he is inferior.
He would never act like this. But shit, Guardiola had a moment like that win Rooney also.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby Grandad Rosler » Sat Apr 07, 2018 7:58 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Guardiola is an arrogant prick?

Wtf am I reading? I know Blues will be upset about losing in the Derby, and previous, but fuck me, close to a double whilst still a chance of the CL?

Not the Blues I remember.

Where my 'Pep Out' thread?

Absolutely this! Talk of this and the last game taking the shine off winning the title?! Winning the title! Surely we aren't that far from where we have come from to think anything can take the shine off winning any pot!

Im as fucked off as the next person about today but still trying to keep a bit of context about where we are, 2 wins from the title with 5 of the 6 remaining games where we would be fully expecting to win.

Agree it would have been great to have won the title against the rags, but we will always have 93:20.
Grandad Rosler
Superman's Underpants

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Andy Morrison

Postby South Stand Balti » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Missed a lot of chances and a terrible ref but, fuck me, we are so easy to score against. They didn't have to work at all for their goals.
South Stand Balti
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby halnone » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:01 pm

Win 4-0 on Tuesday and everything will be forgotten.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:02 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:Pep has painted himself in a corner now. What team does he put out now against dippers, knowing his last two selections have shipped six goals? This was so avoidable, now it seems such a mess we have created for ourselves, you watch, every game we do not claim the title will be deemed a failure, what a mess we have made

So, his last 2 selections have shipped 6 goals yet his last 50 games have won a cup and almost certainly won the league, which is everybody's Holy Grail.

Fuck me, I'm not sure what forum I'm on, is this Rag Cafe or have we been infiltrated?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:03 pm

You are having a larf
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:04 pm

halnone wrote:Win 4-0 on Tuesday and everything will be forgotten.

Big ask but nail on head.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:05 pm

Harry Dowd scored wrote:You are having a larf

Am I? Are you saying that 2 games make a season?

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:08 pm

Grandad Rosler wrote:

Wtf am I reading? I know Blues will be upset about losing in the Derby, and previous, but fuck me, close to a double whilst still a chance of the CL?

Absolutely this! Talk of this and the last game taking the shine off winning the title?! Winning the title! Surely we aren't that far from where we have come from to think anything can take the shine off winning any pot!

Im as fucked off as the next person about today but still trying to keep a bit of context about where we are, 2 wins from the title with 5 of the 6 remaining games where we would be fully expecting to win.

Agree it would have been great to have won the title against the rags, but we will always have 93:20.

Today counts for nothing if we win the PL. A side show, a nice if we won.
A totally hollow victory for the Rags. still 13 points behind us - get a grip folks.

A young dynamic team that is learning and winning while doing so.

For me today confirmed our weak spot as highlighted last Tuesday.
Our defence (in the middle) is not good enough.
Otter and Vinny are shown up against the class players when we have to defend.

That will be the next area where we improve. Maybe Stones and Laporte are the answer. I don't know.
Once the central defence is sorted (and with the pace of Mendy and Walker) I would back us against anybody.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Harry Dowd scored » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:10 pm

Of course not, just feeling disappointed with today, knowing, it is unlikely we will overcome the horrible dippers on Tuesday, just thought it could have been so different, I should have known better after fifty years being a blue
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
Harry Dowd scored
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Derry/Londonderry/Doire/Maiden City - Originally from Hyde Cheshire
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nigels Tackle » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:12 pm

Dimples wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:

A totally hollow victory for the Rags. still 13 points behind us - get a grip folks.

That will be the next area where we improve. Maybe Stones and Laporte are the answer. I don't know.
Once the central defence is sorted (and with the pace of Mendy and Walker) I would back us against anybody.

no fucking chance mate!
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:13 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:Pep has painted himself in a corner now. What team does he put out now against dippers, knowing his last two selections have shipped six goals? This was so avoidable, now it seems such a mess we have created for ourselves, you watch, every game we do not claim the title will be deemed a failure, what a mess we have made

So, his last 2 selections have shipped 6 goals yet his last 50 games have won a cup and almost certainly won the league, which is everybody's Holy Grail.

Fuck me, I'm not sure what forum I'm on, is this Rag Cafe or have we been infiltrated?

Beef,

From my point of view the last two games were something like a black hole. No idea what the flying fuck happen, but a manager as his level should not allow this.
Many forgot the second half with Everton when a smart team could had equalised us. The past week was maybe the most important week of the season for us, and our manager decided to do some experiments that fucked us big time. I understand that many are tired, but they neede to concentrate for three more games, that was it, no more.

He is making some school yard mistakes and I would like to know what the fuck did he say to our squad before the game vs Liverpool and at half time today. United had to open in the second half, the wholr scenario was set up on a plate for us, and he fucked up.
A manager of his caliber can't do that.

Last week we went suicidal and at this point I just want for us to be mathematically champions. Forget the game on tuesday, it is game with no importance and instead we need to focus on Spurs.

I am genuine worryed because it's like typical City days.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby gaudy » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:14 pm

I don’t regularly post but read here everyday and for anyone to blame today’s defeat on pep already had an agenda against him and had made up their mind.
He was completely wrong on Wednesday night with his selection but to call him out today for this loss is plain fucking wrong.

Too many players in that team take the plaudits when we’re flying high but haven’t got the fucking balls to step up when the backs are against the wall.....and unfortunately never fucking will
gaudy
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby ayrshireblue » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Dimples wrote:
Grandad Rosler wrote:

Walker is not now and never will be the answer to our problems. Terrific athlete, terrible footballer. Can’t pass, no tactical awareness and responsible for a large percentage of our goals conceded.
ayrshireblue
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Mase » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:18 pm

As long as Pogba got told how amazing he is that’s the most important thing here.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Sparklehorse » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:22 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:Why are people getting angry, did you really see how that game was officiated?

It’s the worst, most biased refereeing performance I’ve ever seen bar none....disgusting and blatant!
"Its better to be thought of as being a fool and remain silent than to speak up and remove all doubt" - Abraham Lincoln
Sparklehorse
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: All of them

Postby Beefymcfc » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:23 pm

gaudy wrote:I don’t regularly post but read here everyday and for anyone to blame today’s defeat on pep already had an agenda against him and had made up their mind.
He was completely wrong on Wednesday night with his selection but to call him out today for this loss is plain fucking wrong.

Too many players in that team take the plaudits when we’re flying high but haven’t got the fucking balls to step up when the backs are against the wall.....and unfortunately never fucking will

There are many who want to be proved right, however wrong they are.

I'm amazed DiscPants ain't back.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PeterParker » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:25 pm

Sparklehorse wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Why are people getting angry, did you really see how that game was officiated?

It’s the worst, most biased refereeing performance I’ve ever seen bar none....disgusting and blatant!

Foy a few years back, that was the one for me.

Genuine question, when was the last pen we had in a game vs them?
Last edited by PeterParker on Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Postby Dimples » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:29 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
gaudy wrote:I don’t regularly post but read here everyday and for anyone to blame today’s defeat on pep already had an agenda against him and had made up their mind.

There are many who want to be proved right, however wrong they are.

I'm amazed DiscPants ain't back.

I have a serious problem with that post gaudy.
We tried until the end. We hit the post in injury time.
We had a stonewall penalty not given along with a red card.
We tore them apart.
We had a ref that gave us nothing - I mean nothing - yet we could have won in a canter.

It is to easy to write posts like that. It does not stack up with what I saw today.
I think the players gave there all today and were robbed by the ref (poor defending and bad finishing aside).
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby linwood » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:33 pm

Justified logic wrote:
Harry Dowd scored wrote:I think there should be serious recriminations if we go out to dippers, should have gone for title against rags, ok lose to dippers, always next year, this chance will not be repeated, fucking feel shit!

Guardiola doesn't care. He is a Catalonian from Barcelona. That is all that is important to him and his little yellow ribbon. You've only got to listen to his pressers, like just yesterday: Barcelona this, Barcelona that. Fuck off Barcelona, this is City!

We lose a couple of games and fucktards like you throw your toys around.

Stop embarrassing yourself, grow a pair and get behind the team and the MANAGER.
linwood
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum