LESCOTT

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: LESCOTT

Postby Slim » Sun Aug 16, 2009 8:37 pm

simon12 wrote:Like I said it`s not rocket science(is that hard for you to grasp). A bold prediction is "we will beat rags 10 nil". However thats not gonna happen so I won`t BOLDLY predict it. I` have posted this in good faith for the "are we, aren`t we" people on this site. If it`s so obvious do you know something that you`d care to enlighten us with. As for Tevez the statement on the club site was to save face with fans due to him being worshipped by them. KJ kept taggart informed of new offers and he made sure with add ons they fell short, in the words of a red nosed twat "he doesn`t score enough". Check my previous posts, i usually just chip in. I`m not a WUM or infromation glory hunter. I held back on the Tevez stuff because if it didn`t happen I would look a cock. This transfer is expected this week rather than on dead line day. Source is a league manager.

Rocket science is physics, so no...not hard for me.

Tell me where the prediction is?

He was told to hand in a transfer request? We all know that.

Everton are playing hardball on the fee? We all know that.

"Expected" within the week? That's a prediction?

Is he SIGNING this week? Out and out STATE it if you know something, cause otherwise you are saying nothing just like all the other cocks who claim they aren't WUM's either. I am sorry if that ends up implying you are a cock and a WUM, I really meant to out and out state it.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Lev Bronstein » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:59 pm

So, we sign Upson for half the fee for Lescott, leaving Moyes with a disaffected player.

Got what he wanted, lost what he had
Lev Bronstein
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:09 pm

we're, or hughes at least, are being portrayed as the villains in this saga, god knows how, privately bidding a very generous offer for a player who wishes to leave is suddenly "disgraceful" behaviour
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Supporter of: City

Postby gillie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:24 pm

After yesterday Gollum must feel like a cornered rat.He must now surely know that he has to sell and the face he will lose when it happens.Adding 2+2 = Scouse2 losing a player and a manager imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby Wooders » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:43 pm

I'm quite sure most of the unsettlement in the Everton squad will be caused by Moyes's own actions towards Lescott and not the other way round.
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:59 pm

Wooders wrote:I'm quite sure most of the unsettlement in the Everton squad will be caused by Moyes's own actions towards Lescott and not the other way round.

Wooders one question "Do you think Lescott tried against Arsenal"?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:01 am

It doesnt matter - he wasn't the sole reason Everton lost. He wasnt any worse than the rest of their defense.
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:03 am

Dameerto wrote:It doesnt matter - he wasn't the sole reason Everton lost. He wasnt any worse than the rest of their defense.

But in your opinion did he try?.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Dameerto » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:07 am

He apparently told his manager he wasnt in the right frame of mind to play - but was made to play anyway - under those circumstances it would be the manager's fault if he didnt play well. I didn't think he deliberately tried to play poorly at all if that's what you're getting at.
Dameerto
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Supporter of: El City
My favourite player is: Sergio Forwardo

Postby gillie » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am

Dameerto wrote:He apparently told his manager he wasnt in the right frame of mind to play - but was made to play anyway - under those circumstances it would be the manager's fault if he didnt play well. I didn't think he deliberately tried to play poorly at all if that's what you're getting at.

What i am getting at is what you said "he told gollum he was not in the right frame of mind to play".But Gollum still chose to play him so it's Gollum thats to blame imo.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:12 am

gillie wrote:
Wooders wrote:I'm quite sure most of the unsettlement in the Everton squad will be caused by Moyes's own actions towards Lescott and not the other way round.

Wooders one question "Do you think Lescott tried against Arsenal"?.

I don't think any of them tried and thats the point I am making
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:52 am

Vhero wrote:Lescott is the missing piece of the puzzle everybody we sign afterwards is to keep that puzzle together.

Just FYI for the MODS -- FOES didn't get migrated into the new site. For the sake of DHTP can that be automated? I can add my 3 manually i suppose, but it could be a lot of work for others.

Vheroid my friend. this is golden. keep em comin'.

cheers
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Wooders » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:35 am

I'm doing a "foe amnesty" - we'll see how long it lasts
Wooders
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:28 am

Never had a foe me. It just seems like the last step towards internet nerdom.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:29 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Never had a foe me. It just seems like the last step towards internet nerdom.

Yeah, cause that's what would make YOU an internet nerd.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:32 am

Slim wrote:
Pretty Boy Lee wrote:Never had a foe me. It just seems like the last step towards internet nerdom.

Yeah pretty much. Caring enough to block somebody from your screen is pretty nerdy to yours truly.
Pretty Boy Lee

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby Colin the King » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:48 am

Tin hat at the ready, but I think we should hold on now- go to Barcelona during the week, play Ned and Touré in defence and see how their partnership works and if it doesn't, go back for Lescott. I don't think there's a big rush because Wolves aren't going to pose any serious threat on Saturday, so we have a little bit of time to kill. It might even be the case that Touré, Ned and Dunne with Richards and Kompany (when fit) as backup will be enough for us. I've criticised Dunne in the past, and I think rightly on last season's evidence, but he was very impressive yesterday. As someone else pointed out, we can utilise his strength and aerial ability against the likes of Stoke and Blackburn, using Ned against the 'prettier' teams.

I think what's crucial now is that City win no matter what the outcome is with Lescott- if he signs, we acquire an excellent defender and potentially disrupt Everton's season, and basically take the piss out of Moyes. If he doesn't sign, they're left with a player whose mind is elsewhere and could destabilise the entire squad. We're in a very strong position.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:24 am

Colin the King wrote:Tin hat at the ready, but I think we should hold on now- go to Barcelona during the week, play Ned and Touré in defence and see how their partnership works and if it doesn't, go back for Lescott. I don't think there's a big rush because Wolves aren't going to pose any serious threat on Saturday, so we have a little bit of time to kill. It might even be the case that Touré, Ned and Dunne with Richards and Kompany (when fit) as backup will be enough for us. I've criticised Dunne in the past, and I think rightly on last season's evidence, but he was very impressive yesterday. As someone else pointed out, we can utilise his strength and aerial ability against the likes of Stoke and Blackburn, using Ned against the 'prettier' teams.

I think what's crucial now is that City win no matter what the outcome is with Lescott- if he signs, we acquire an excellent defender and potentially disrupt Everton's season, and basically take the piss out of Moyes. If he doesn't sign, they're left with a player whose mind is elsewhere and could destabilise the entire squad. We're in a very strong position.

That right, stealing my posts again and "prettying" them up.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Slim » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:26 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Slim wrote:

Yeah pretty much. Caring enough to block somebody from your screen is pretty nerdy to yours truly.

Gate Bolt Horse Lock.

Quick, think of a saying.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Mon Aug 17, 2009 6:59 am

I think Lescott is a signing we definitely need.

Him and Toure would be brilliant.
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum