dunne to villa

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: dunne to villa

Postby david yearsley » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Watch him go and lift a trophy for them fuclers - wish he´d stayed another year coz now we don´t have experienced cover - should we be selling to Villa potential rivals?
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Craig B » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:52 pm

Well well well.. looks like it's happening! I've slated him enough times over the years I won't deny but it does feel somewhat like 'the end of an Era' . He's had some great games for City and none better than that 0-0 draw a few years ago at Stamford Bridge the year when we were the only team to beat Chelsea. Too many occasions he's been found wanting though so I won't really be that sorry to see him leave. I'm pleased that he's going to a big club playing in Europe though (assuming they get through tonight) so at least he won't have the humiliation of being dropped by Hughes which was surely on the cards judging by his responses in the press conference yesterday.

All the best Dunnie! Will always be warmly welcomed at Eastlands!
"..The object of playing any game is for enjoyment. If you have enjoyed it and done your best you have won no matter what the result." - Joe Mercer OBE
Craig B
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby elks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:01 pm

on official website
fee agreed
elks
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby elks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:02 pm

http://www.mcfc.co.uk/News/Team-news/20 ... illa-talks

City can confirm that the Club has agreed a fee with Aston Villa for defender Richard Dunne and the 29-year-old skipper is travelling to the Midlands to discuss personal terms for a move to Villa Park.
elks
Tevez's Golfing Holiday

Postby Goaters 103 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:04 pm

With Toure, Lescott, Onouha and Kompany ahead of him the time for Dunney to go has come.

Good luck big man - big hearted player who despite his faults/gaffes certainly gave his all for the club.

For City to ultimately lift a trophy/be a top 4 side we will need players better in ability than Dunney; lets hope the new arrivals have the commitment to City that he had as well.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Slim » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:07 pm

It's not the worst move in the world and I think Villa will be good for him. He has a good four years at the top left and will do a good job at Villa. Really Dunne has been displaced by Toure here, Hughes was aching for a left sided centrehalf and clearly Dunne wasn't going to be the man for the job.

Dunne has been a GREAT servant of the club and deserved to go down as a 2000's Hall of Fame no question. Saw us through some shit and shittier times, took the captaincy when he didn't want to and made more last ditch tackles to save our shambolic defence red faces than any other player I have EVER seen at City.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:10 pm

Won't go as far as to say this IS a mistake, yet , a couple of injuries or losses of form & it could be.

Never rated the bloke but he's turned in some heroic performances for us over the years & it's never been through lack of trying that he's made mistakes that have cost us dearly. At his best, one of the top CB's in the PL, the week after, skinned alive by Caleb Folan. A real enigma. Seems like a great bloke though & I'm sure he loves City. I wish him nothing but the best.

Hope he has a great finish to his career at Villa, 2nd only to us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby crossan » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:15 pm

Good luck Richard on your move away from a club you gave great service to..............the first of many servants to be shown the door.
I am City til I die,
I am City til I die,
I know I am,I'm sure I am,
I am City til I die.
crossan

Supporter of: Manchester City.
My favourite player is: Johnny Crossan.

Postby Midnight Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Going to miss the big guy. Not going to miss the own goals and moments of madness that he provided but he was committed to the club and a 4 time player of the year. Still think he could of done a job for us but it could well be that he wanted a change. Would be nice to have been able to give him some kind of send off.
Midnight Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Attractive Football

Postby lets all have a disco » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:17 pm

Cheers Big Man,thanks for the memories.

Toure,Lescott,Onouha,Kompany and Ben Mee and Mc Givern for the future.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby Trautmann » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:20 pm

Farewell Richard Dunne....may the journey go well for you. I will always remember you for keeping City afloat in some dark times.
Trautmann
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Superman's Underpants

Postby LB » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:21 pm

Just like to say Best of Luck Dunnie.
LB
De Jong's Tackle

Postby MaineRoadMemories » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Shame he didn't think he could compete for a starting place. I guess the value of Lescott means he has to play regardless.

He deserves first team football so it glad the club have acted swiftly and have acted with his best interests at heart. And we get accused of having no class. We have acted with great class over this Dunne transfer.

We have Toure, Lescott, Onunha, Kompany as our four centre backs to choose from with Richards, Mee, and Barry all available for emergency stop gaps.

And when all is said and dunne we bought Gareth Barry for £6m + Dunne, transfer of the window without a doubt!
MaineRoadMemories
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: THE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!
My favourite player is: VINCENT KOMPANY

Postby carolina-blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:23 pm

Sad day (for me anyways) Good luck Dunnie ,
carolina-blue
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Hazy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:24 pm

Final word on Dunne from me, I always felt Dunne was giving 100% even when we were on sad nights miles from home when we knew he knew a chasing was in store and 4- 0 hiding, Top man saved our arses more than he will ever be thanked for by fans wheo love to be negative. Along with Distain made what we have now easier than it would have been had we been relegated.Good luck Dunnie and thanks for showing CITY fans 100% no matter what, I hope we have centre halfs who will show the commitment like him week in week out always played even when injured ! As I posted last season Reds hate Dunne why? he always played well against them ! Good luck Dunnie.
Hazy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: test
My favourite player is: test

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:25 pm

The ammount of times I wished he would fucl off and then when it actually happens, I feel sad. Typical.
Good luck Dunnie, one good thing to come out of this is Nedum moves up in the pecking order. And rightly so.
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby BmoreBlue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:27 pm

MaineRoadMemories wrote:
And when all is said and dunne we bought Gareth Barry for £6m + Dunne, transfer of the window without a doubt!

spot on - hope dunne does well there
BmoreBlue
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Postby Manx Blue » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:31 pm

Very sad to see...on a side note will we ever see any player getting 400+ games for this club again. Richard was the closest with 300+
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby Mark (Blue Army) » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:33 pm

I'm a bit gutted to see him go, i just hope he dose well for villa.
[center]Image[/center][center]"City fans are born not manufactured, We do not choose we are chosen
Those that don't understand don't matter, Those that understand need no explanation"[/center]
Mark (Blue Army)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Fullartj » Thu Aug 27, 2009 3:38 pm

Good luck Richie and god bless!
Fullartj
Horlock's Aggressive Walk

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: David Silva