'I am not a magician' says Mancini

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 'I am not a magician' says Mancini

Postby smurfsdabomb » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:42 pm

Typical City wrote:
Grob wrote:The fact that Richards held onto the shirt of Saha for what seemed like ages is the issue.

Mancini may be no magician but to show a reasonably in form everton no respect on their home ground by playing Bellemy, Robinho, Tevez and Petrov for an hour and only 2 in midfield is Mark Hughesesque management.

The most utter stupid bollocks i've ever read on this forum. We had an off day and Everton played well. Get over it.

I agree, Everton were brilliant yesterday and deserved the win, it happens when they turn up they've taken points off everyone this season. Why do people have to moan and make excuses when the better team won comfortably?
smurfsdabomb
Micah Richard's Penalty Dives

Postby Alex Sapphire » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:45 pm

Typical City wrote:
Grob wrote:The fact that Richards held onto the shirt of Saha for what seemed like ages is the issue.

Mancini may be no magician but to show a reasonably in form everton no respect on their home ground by playing Bellemy, Robinho, Tevez and Petrov for an hour and only 2 in midfield is Mark Hughesesque management.

The most utter stupid bollocks i've ever read on this forum.

mmm. Although absolutely accurate
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Original Dub » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Typical City wrote:

Yeah, I was pondering on this strange post myself Alex.
Original Dub

Postby mcfc1632 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:59 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Typical City wrote:

I actually said to my mate after about 25 mins that I would bring either Ned or Boyata on and move Kompany or Zab into MF it was that exposed
mcfc1632
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Geo123 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:11 pm

irblinx wrote:
Geo123 wrote:Magician he is not, but he did prove himself to be almost as tactically inept as hughes today and showed no ideas when we went behind, lets hope this is only a blip

Tactics had nothing to do with it last night. We had 8 men on the pitch who played like Sunday league players, the best tactician in the world couldn't have improved that shower. Unless you think Mancini told them to go out there and wimp out of tackles and pass to the other team!

The press will gleefully overreact of course as they've been dying for us to lose so that can bang on about how weak the oppo were in the last four games willfully ignoring the fact that Hughes would have got us a draw at best against the same oppo. They will no doubt spout about poor Everton being laid low with injuries ACN absentees whilst ignoring the same for us. Of course were it any other team they would just point to the mid week semi final and say that the players all had one eye on that

Are you actually serious??
Thats influence where players play and how they do that role.....
Are you trying to tell me Petrov is effective as a right winger...because simply he is not, he is the most one legged footballer in the prem, everytime he ran he cudnt build up any momnetum because he either had to cut inside or pass it back,,,

Robbie as a striker when they had probably prepared a game plan with Roque upfront all week....benji was the obvious swap there man,knocking balls up to robi with a big guy marking him and he hit the deck everytime....and it took him 50 minutes to notice this (which although i am not a robi fan i dont blame him for his awful game yesterday)

Felliani had practically the run of the midfield yesterday, what did he do to counteract this,

Players play to the tactics or else they get hauled. They were the tactics
Geo123
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Postby Grob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:28 pm

Original Dub wrote:
Alex Sapphire wrote:
Typical City wrote:

You cant win em all i guess
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Grob » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:33 pm

smurfsdabomb wrote:
Typical City wrote:

The most utter stupid bollocks i've ever read on this forum. We had an off day and Everton played well. Get over it.

I agree, Everton were brilliant yesterday and deserved the win, it happens when they turn up they've taken points off everyone this season. Why do people have to moan and make excuses when the better team won comfortably?

Because we could have done something to stop them playing so well which seemed obvious to me watching the game but never happened.

Dropping into a midfield 5 once Everton had taken the ascendancy would have shored things up for a while and once they began running out of ideas as they would invariably have, they are not that good, we could have started to push up the park again.

Im not saying it would have resulted in us winning 10-0 but we would have been ore competitve.

And as im posting in this thread, isnt it funny how roles have been reversed. All the posters who vehemently detested Hughes are sticking up for Mancini after our worst performance of the season and all of us who gave Hughes the benefit of the doubt are now asking the questions.
Grob
Yaya's Wembley Winning Strikes

Postby Wonderwall » Sun Jan 17, 2010 3:55 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Typical City wrote:

fmtwf
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby CityFanFromRome » Sun Jan 17, 2010 6:18 pm

Grob wrote:Dropping into a midfield 5 once Everton had taken the ascendancy would have shored things up for a while and once they began running out of ideas as they would invariably have, they are not that good, we could have started to push up the park again.

Im not saying it would have resulted in us winning 10-0 but we would have been ore competitve.

And as im posting in this thread, isnt it funny how roles have been reversed. All the posters who vehemently detested Hughes are sticking up for Mancini after our worst performance of the season and all of us who gave Hughes the benefit of the doubt are now asking the questions.

While I agree that somehting could be done to try and stop Everton playing so freely, I don't think that was our worst performance of the season. Tottenham away was way worse than yesterday's display, not just because we lost 3-0 (could have happened yesterday too if the bar didn't help us twice) but at least yesterday we created some kind of chances, while with Spurs we did fuck all.
CityFanFromRome
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Spurge » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:07 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
The Man In Blue wrote:some of the hypocrisy on show in this thread is nauseating.

ffs, the bare-facedness of it; NQDP you are saying things about Mancio that you slaughtered people for saying about Hughes.

"lack of ambition" "unrealistic expectations" - these kind of sayings had some people labelled "fucking lickers" or "happy clappers".

I repeat. What was wrong with the targets I set for Hughes, the ones that seemed to be targets set by owners? And yes, I DO believe that it's happy clapping if we fail to reach those targets and people still praising the manager. If we are below fifth, you will not hear me praising Mancini, even if I DO think he is the right man for us in long term.

PMSL - Absolute class, what did Leslie think of the targets you set him?
Spurge
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Asa Hartford

Postby ant london » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:22 pm

I feel pretty aggrieved by the whole episode I have to say. I supported Mancini's appointment on the basis that he was, allegedly, a magician.

These facts, it now sadly appears, were blatantly misrepresented to me by both Sister of Fu (who claimed she once saw him appear on stage with Paul Daniels and Debbie McGhee in Blackpool) and Doom Merchant who assured me he was a behind the scenes consultant on some of David Blaines original street magic shows.

Douglas Higginbottom even gave me this

that he claimed Mancini had given him as a memento of his first post-Hughes visit to Carrington.

This tawdry revelations that The Great Manchio is nothing but a UEFA coaching badge toting humanoid and not some kind of latter day sorcerer prince have left me feeling both foolish and let down. By my friends, the club and Mancini himself.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby Douglas Higginbottom » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:45 pm

I don't recall saying you could talk about that Ant!
Douglas Higginbottom
Paul Power's Tash

Postby ant london » Sun Jan 17, 2010 7:46 pm

Douglas Higginbottom wrote:I don't recall saying you could talk about that Ant!

*chortle*!
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Previous

Return to The Maine Football forum