Gerrard has just elbowed Brown

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Gerrard has just elbowed Brown

Postby Goaters 103 » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:09 pm

As Gerrard can now play against Man U, and Ferdinand was recently banned for 4 games for something similar I imagine Baconface will raise the point later in the week.

Gerrard apparently has carte blanche to do what he likes on a football field, dive, throw the v's, two foot tackle, elbow slap to the head etc etc, What a joke.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Moonchesteri » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:13 pm

I am absolutely fucking livid.

FA = JOKE.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:22 pm

absolutely disgusting
he tracks brown and runs right up behind him and shifts his weight to do exactly what he did.

100% intent
everyone should insist on an investigation, not only a police one of the incident, but also of the FA proceedure that decided to do nothing.

Disgraceful to English football ( he is stand -in england captain as well ffs )
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby david yearsley » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:23 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Nickyboy wrote:no i meant the Arsenal one.

The ref gave a foul against Ade and then said (once he'd seen the video) that he should of sent him off.

surely this is exactly the same

If Atwell believed that it wasn't a Red Card offence having watched the footage, then he should not be allowed to referee full-stop. Anyone who could get the basics so wrong should not be anywhere near the field of play.

I'm actually amazed that the coppers didn't run on the pitch and arrest him, anywhere off the pitch and that'd've been GBH?!?

Atwell actually said he saw it and talked to Gerrard about it - YCMIU!!!
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Green & Blue » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:32 pm

This has really wound me up,im rightly pissed off with the blatant biased treatment(i cant think of any other way to describe it)that liverpool are recieving.
3 major calls for action from the fa in the last few weeks and no action taken.It really does defy belief.

1.Maschearno incident on Barry,shocking filthy tackle on Barry.Even ex ref Graham Poll said it deserved a 5 game ban.Yes a 5 game ban yet no action was taken.

2.The waving of the V at the referee,only Stevie G could get away with it.

3.Stevie G once again this time another Houdini moment as he escapes action on what can only be described as actual assault.

How on earth have they avoided no punishment are the fa doing everything possible to give them a fighting chance for fourth position.It certainly looks that way.
Am i overreacting ?
Last edited by Green & Blue on Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Green & Blue
David Silva's Silky Skills

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dazby » Tue Mar 16, 2010 4:39 pm

I don't think you are G&B. It's very poor and extremely inconsistent.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

Postby fangsanalsatan » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:02 pm

The pinnacle of this whole shitcunt of a decision is the picture going with the article. Making this piece of shit human being look like the victim here. Makes me fucking sick.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11669_6030741,00.html
fangsanalsatan
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of:

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:43 pm

I can't get my fucking head round this at all. Look at the bans we've had over the lat 2 seasons & look at the ones Liverpool have got away with. Mascherano must have got away with about 3 on his own. They're not even bothering to pretend to be fair.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Swales4ever » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:07 pm

david yearsley wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

The ref gave a foul against Ade and then said (once he'd seen the video) that he should of sent him off.

If Atwell believed that it wasn't a Red Card offence having watched the footage, then he should not be allowed to referee full-stop. Anyone who could get the basics so wrong should not be anywhere near the field of play.

I'm actually amazed that the coppers didn't run on the pitch and arrest him, anywhere off the pitch and that'd've been GBH?!?

Yeah, only the ref on Vieira... he saw, spoke, then changed opinion...

Anyway, it will taste even more sweet to break in... :-)

1. "unintelligible language"
2. "ACID QUEEN"
3. "never once fails to turn a football thread into a himseelf thread"
4. "thumbs stalker often resulting in repetitive thumb strain"
5. ignore the cunt. he's on permantent wum mission. only TIDs may know City

You'd need to make a very good psychiatrist in order to guess what next in a eight yrs long line of hatred...

In Roger Ailes/Donnie Drumpf's words: "don't know it for a fact, but many people say so..."
there must be some truth, then!
Swales4ever
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Sharia for Spafia
My favourite player is: an intelligent one

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:21 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I agree Beefy. As I mentioned earlier, this was a fairly similar situation to Thatcher on Mendes where GMP investigated Thatcher did they not?

You are right there Blue, it was investigated but I think the outcome was decided by the FA and they were happy. Strangely enough, the FA also decided that even though the referee had taken action, that they thought it just to investigate it anyway?!?

Just shows that the FA have the power, it's just when they decide to use it.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby shawzy » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:29 pm

Just got in from work and didnt know the outcome until now...I cannot believe it..Im fuckin livid...I hope the rags fuckin murder the cunts on Sunday.
shawzy
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Marc-Vivien Foé

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:35 pm

david yearsley wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I know mate, but the FA panel must've gone back to Atwell and asked if he would have done anything different once he had watched the footage, as IMO he wouldn't have been able to see the full extent of the incident from his position. He obviously stated that even though he seen the incident again, he would've done nothing different.

Which begs the questions, 'Is Atwell fit and able to referee if he cannot spot a deliberate attack even when shown video evidence?' and 'Who at the FA is allowing such things to happen?'.

This is incompetency of the heighest order and heads should start to role.

Wasn't there a poster on here who was deep in discussion with the FA over another incident?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:58 pm

It proves that the FA are corrupt and always have been, im not great at writing letters when im angry without swearing in them. Cant someone here with the writing skills rip these people apart?
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:02 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
david yearsley wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I know mate, but the FA panel must've gone back to Atwell and asked if he would have done anything different once he had watched the footage, as IMO he wouldn't have been able to see the full extent of the incident from his position. He obviously stated that even though he seen the incident again, he would've done nothing different.

Which begs the questions, 'Is Atwell fit and able to referee if he cannot spot a deliberate attack even when shown video evidence?' and 'Who at the FA is allowing such things to happen?'.

This is incompetency of the heighest order and heads should start to role.

Wasn't there a poster on here who was deep in discussion with the FA over another incident?

Somebody had a rant, and pretty much got told to fuck off.

I think the questions that have to be raised are:

1. Was it a foul?
2. If it was a foul, was this for raising his hands?
3. If he raised his hands, is this a booking
4. Or is it a sending off

If you look at this incident as being a foul, which only the most insane could dispute, then you have to put into place the train of thought through steps 2,3,4 above.

The only logic that I can see is that because it was the forearm and not the elbow, when watching the incident after the match, Atwell could easily get out of this by saying I would have given a foul and a yellow card AS IT WAS NOT AN ELBOW. That therefore is the end of that.

However then you come to the question we beg of the Adebayor / Stoke incident - that wasn't an elbow, or a fist/punch, so surely there are FULL grounds for appealling an incorrect decision, if the FA believe that the Gerrard challenge does not warrant a ban.

I just can't make sense of any of this, the world has gone fucking mad, and there are huge contradictions everywhere you look.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby BlueMoonAwoken » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:24 pm

It was never his forearm , you can see clearly he elbowed him. I suppose there is nothing we can do but but just watch as we get cheated time and time again.
"We have Spread Our Dreams Beneath Your Feet, Now your Dreams Become Our Reality"
BlueMoonAwoken
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:29 pm

johnpb78 wrote:The only logic that I can see is that because it was the forearm and not the elbow, when watching the incident after the match, Atwell could easily get out of this by saying I would have given a foul and a yellow card AS IT WAS NOT AN ELBOW. That therefore is the end of that.

But there is no logic. Whether it be an elbow or a forearm smash that was more akin to WWE, with a follow up to boot, then the answer can only be a card. From the angle that Atwell was at he could've perceived it as Gerrard trying to climb over him (hands on shoulders and all that), however the FA must've asked him to review the decision after mounting publicity, which he obviously did and came to the same decision. Logic, more like golic/oglic/colig/igloc - that's the way they must see it as they sure as hell don't know what Logic is all about.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 16, 2010 7:45 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:The only logic that I can see is that because it was the forearm and not the elbow, when watching the incident after the match, Atwell could easily get out of this by saying I would have given a foul and a yellow card AS IT WAS NOT AN ELBOW. That therefore is the end of that.

But there is no logic. Whether it be an elbow or a forearm smash that was more akin to WWE, with a follow up to boot, then the answer can only be a card. From the angle that Atwell was at he could've perceived it as Gerrard trying to climb over him (hands on shoulders and all that), however the FA must've asked him to review the decision after mounting publicity, which he obviously did and came to the same decision. Logic, more like golic/oglic/colig/igloc - that's the way they must see it as they sure as hell don't know what Logic is all about.

I'm just saying that if the ref perceived that it was just a tussle on watching the video, he could have said it was worth a card. If it is only worth a yellow in his view then there would be no further action. Fact is, any sane person would say there was intent in the challenge, which has to seriously brings the referee's integrity into question.

IN WHICH CASE.......

On top of the most damning evidence of a player intentionally trying to injure another I have seen this year, you have to consider the reason we did not appeal Adebayor's red vs Stoke is because there is VERY little defence in a case where a player has raised his hands or flailed a trailing arm into a player's face whether intentional or not. Ade's appeared unintentional, but we didnt appeal because clearly we had legal advice that the FA would not budge, and the red card was set in stone.

This again brings not only Mr Atwell's credibility to apply the rules which the FA have already said were applied correctly in the Adebayor case, into question, but also begs the question about what influence he was under when deciding - away from the Anfield crowd, that there is no case to answer - because it is frankly astounding he could come to the conclusion that he would on the second time of seeing the incident, decide that this was not an intentional assault.

This is one of the most vile incidents I have seen blight the game I love in many years - not the actual incident itself, shit happens, but the aftermath frankly stinks of a referee being leaned upon by someone somewhere - there can be no other explanation for the outcome.

I am not going to be hysterical and say it is because the FA want the establishment in the top 4, but something somewhere is not right with this decision, and it proves to me that football in this country potentially does have as much corruption as we level at other countries.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:12 pm

I’m afraid this is how it works.

FA: Mr Gerrard we are going to charge you for that assault.

Gerrard: Fine, I wont be going to the world cup this summer.

FA: Ok, We shall do nothing about it then.

Alan Shearer pulled the same trick before France 98 when he brutally assaulted Neil Lennon.
ross.mcfc
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:25 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I'm just saying that if the ref perceived that it was just a tussle on watching the video, he could have said it was worth a card. If it is only worth a yellow in his view then there would be no further action. Fact is, any sane person would say there was intent in the challenge, which has to seriously brings the referee's integrity into question.

IN WHICH CASE.......

On top of the most damning evidence of a player intentionally trying to injure another I have seen this year, you have to consider the reason we did not appeal Adebayor's red vs Stoke is because there is VERY little defence in a case where a player has raised his hands or flailed a trailing arm into a player's face whether intentional or not. Ade's appeared unintentional, but we didnt appeal because clearly we had legal advice that the FA would not budge, and the red card was set in stone.

This again brings not only Mr Atwell's credibility to apply the rules which the FA have already said were applied correctly in the Adebayor case, into question, but also begs the question about what influence he was under when deciding - away from the Anfield crowd, that there is no case to answer - because it is frankly astounding he could come to the conclusion that he would on the second time of seeing the incident, decide that this was not an intentional assault.

This is one of the most vile incidents I have seen blight the game I love in many years - not the actual incident itself, shit happens, but the aftermath frankly stinks of a referee being leaned upon by someone somewhere - there can be no other explanation for the outcome.

I am not going to be hysterical and say it is because the FA want the establishment in the top 4, but something somewhere is not right with this decision, and it proves to me that football in this country potentially does have as much corruption as we level at other countries.

The truth is, if it's by official means then it is not corruption, it is part of the establishment. Whereas if it isn't sanctioned by the establishment, it is corruption. I've held the belief for a very long time that the referee's are there on behalf of the FA and all they represent, whether it be the Prem League or Sky Sports. They get their orders on a monthly basis when they all gather together for the Top 4 brief, where they are told exactly how to referee a game.

And the truth is, the newer, younger super refs that are coming through are the corruptest of them all as they know nothing other than what they are told and have a serious integrity and morality issue. At least some of the older refs got things wrong because they saw it wrong, the new breed just get it wrong because they are told it's right!

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby dazby » Wed Mar 17, 2010 2:39 am

I want to know why Brown wasn't charged with assaulting Stevie G's elbow? Sort it out FA you bent fuckers.
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

My favourite player is: Ed

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum