3-0 yes but we were crap.

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: 3-0 yes but we were crap.

Postby london blue 2 » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:11 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Noones questioning that...what we are having a go at is the twats that have to rub in the fact we were not playing well DESPITE the fact we won 3-0

It's always glass half empty with these cunts

Mate, from what i've read on here you seem to be the only one that's acting like a cunt.
london blue 2
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:12 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Pretty much every single report I've read at lunch and the radio from the drive home last night said we were awful for 65 minutes and Tevez saved the game single handedly. Most of the South Stand were getting pretty pissed off with our midfield and booing was starting about 50mins in. Surely the entire world and where I stand can't be wrong and we actually did play good football last night?

Noones questioning that...what we are having a go at is the twats that have to rub in the fact we were not playing well DESPITE the fact we won 3-0

But if it is a fact, why should they not comment on it.

They are hardly making it up are they, so why the abuse? We were fucking awful, and have been in pretty much every game I have been to under Mancini regardless of the result.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:17 pm

london blue 2 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:Noones questioning that...what we are having a go at is the twats that have to rub in the fact we were not playing well DESPITE the fact we won 3-0

Mate, from what i've read on here you seem to be the only one that's acting like a cunt.

Ah I see...........
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: The Sky Blues
My favourite player is: Fernandinho

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:25 pm

All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:29 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
MaineRoadMemories wrote:Pretty much every single report I've read at lunch and the radio from the drive home last night said we were awful for 65 minutes and Tevez saved the game single handedly. Most of the South Stand were getting pretty pissed off with our midfield and booing was starting about 50mins in. Surely the entire world and where I stand can't be wrong and we actually did play good football last night?

Noones questioning that...what we are having a go at is the twats that have to rub in the fact we were not playing well DESPITE the fact we won 3-0

They are hardly making it up are they, so why the abuse? We were fucking awful, and have been in pretty much every game I have been to under Mancini regardless of the result.

Fucking awful seems a tad OTT to me.Maybe we were boring and have been for the majority of games that Roberto has been in charge.However our position in the table and the results we have achieved so far says to me that we have been quite effective.The fact that it boring to watch and in some aspects a bit lacking it is nontheless effective and a style that we are gonna have to get accustomed to if we expect success.Boring,defensive,cagey football is gonna be the price of success with the way this team is made up.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:31 pm

Rag_hater wrote:Fucking awful seems a tad OTT to me.Maybe we were boring and have been for the majority of games that Roberto has been in charge.However our position in the table and the results we have achieved so far says to me that we have been quite effective.The fact that it boring to watch and in some aspects a bit lacking it is nontheless effective and a style that we are gonna have to get accustomed to if we expect success.Boring,defensive,cagey football is gonna be the price of success with the way this team is made up.

The funniest thing of all is half of these are calling for Mourinho to be appointed......Oh the irony
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:34 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Fucking awful seems a tad OTT to me.Maybe we were boring and have been for the majority of games that Roberto has been in charge.However our position in the table and the results we have achieved so far says to me that we have been quite effective.The fact that it boring to watch and in some aspects a bit lacking it is nontheless effective and a style that we are gonna have to get accustomed to if we expect success.Boring,defensive,cagey football is gonna be the price of success with the way this team is made up.

The funniest thing of all is half of these are calling for Mourinho to be appointed......Oh the irony

That's EXACTLY what I've been quietly thinking to myself for a good while now. Now I wouldn't mind Jose in charge but I'm results first and foremost man myself. How someone who doesn't feel entertained is asking for Mourinho to be appointed is beyond me.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Im_Spartacus » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:45 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

Fucking awful seems a tad OTT to me.Maybe we were boring and have been for the majority of games that Roberto has been in charge.However our position in the table and the results we have achieved so far says to me that we have been quite effective.The fact that it boring to watch and in some aspects a bit lacking it is nontheless effective and a style that we are gonna have to get accustomed to if we expect success.Boring,defensive,cagey football is gonna be the price of success with the way this team is made up.

The performances have been dreadful mate. This is all some of the guys on the thread have said, nobody is arguing about the results - although on the occasions we have lost or drawn, it is because we have put in the same poor performance and application that we saw last night, but come up against a more organised team who wanted it more. We didnt get away with it against, Hull, Stoke, Everton twice, Sunderland etc, when our performances were little different to last night's.

Its nothing to do with winning 7-0 and playing samba football, but more to do with the fact that for large parts of the game, the team were totally disorganised, many of the players picked were badly out of form, and that showed when the ball was invariably either passed into touch or a wigan player. Any better side would have taken advantage last night, as we saw with Everton last week

Given that we are now only left to play the better sides in the league, this is the cause for concern.
Im_Spartacus
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Breasts

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:50 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
The performances have been dreadful mate. This is all some of the guys on the thread have said, nobody is arguing about the results - although on the occasions we have lost or drawn, it is because we have put in the same poor performance and application that we saw last night, but come up against a more organised team who wanted it more. We didnt get away with it against, Hull, Stoke, Everton twice, Sunderland etc, when our performances were little different to last night's.

Its nothing to do with winning 7-0 and playing samba football, but more to do with the fact that for large parts of the game, the team were totally disorganised, many of the players picked were badly out of form, and that showed when the ball was invariably either passed into touch or a wigan player. Any better side would have taken advantage last night, as we saw with Everton last week

Given that we are now only left to play the better sides in the league, this is the cause for concern.

exactly. the fact that some peeps seem unable to see this or happy to ignore it baffles me.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm

johnpb78 wrote:Given that we are now only left to play the better sides in the league, this is the cause for concern.

Given our record against the Top teams I beg to differ
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm

brite blu sky wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:

exactly. the fact that some peepsseem unable to see this or happy to ignore it baffles me.

Peeps?
might wanna whack out your Roget mate.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

Postby Rag_hater » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:15 pm

johnpb78 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
johnpb78 wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

The games you mention that we lost and didnt get away with it indicate to me the level we are at and where the team is that we have. Results where we have been beaten are not to exceptional and are not to freekish that they are totally unexpected.We can only play what is front of us and for the majority of games we have excelled in what I was expecting.I am really quite happy with the way things are going and have no concerns about who is coming up as I think we are well capable of matching or excelling what is put in front of us.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:20 pm

there are a lot of fans who are 'results' people. we got the win, job done. i understand that. but there are also a lot of people who like football to be played the right way, why don't the results people seem to understand that? the purpose of any game is enjoyment.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Beeks » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:23 pm

colonel_muck wrote:there are a lot of fans who are 'results' people. we got the win, job done.

THAT'S THE WHOLE PURPOSE OF THE GAME!?!?!?!
Beeks
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby bernabias_right_boot » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:29 pm

When I look back at how poor we have been at times since the match against Boro when Fowler missed a penalty that would have put us into Europe, I feel like we're on a much higher level now.

I've never seen players like CT in a blue shirt before this season. I had to suffer Mark Lillis, Robert Hopkins, and the legendary tactics of Jimmy Frizzell in the past and was just grateful I had a ticket!

fact - we have only lost five league games all season.
fact - we have only lost once at home all season in all competitions.

True, there are times, including last night, when I think we'll never be good enough to earn that fourth place, and yes, I'd love to hammer every side we play 7-0.
The thing is, we're a work in progress. It's not pretty at times and I'd love to see more shots attempted (we seem to want to walk the ball into the net at times) , but it's progress that we're witnessing.

Keep on supporting the side.
bernabias_right_boot
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: CTID
My favourite player is: Carlito

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:31 pm

IanBishopsHaircut wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:there are a lot of fans who are 'results' people. we got the win, job done.

you are clearly a results person then. that's fine. some people like the team they're watching to play well, or at least look like they're trying to play well. is that so unreasonable
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:34 pm

colonel_muck wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

you are clearly a results person then. that's fine. some people like the team they're watching to play well, or at least look like they're trying to play well. is that so unreasonable

I am in a different camp. I don't mind if we win the league playing shit football winning every game 1-0. No problem with that.

I just don't see the football we are playing getting us the results that will keep me happy over the course of the next few weeks.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby colonel_muck » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:39 pm

ENIAM NAM wrote:
colonel_muck wrote:
IanBishopsHaircut wrote:

I am in a different camp. I don't mind if we win the league playing shit football winning every game 1-0. No problem with that.

I just don't see the football we are playing getting us the results that will keep me happy over the course of the next few weeks.

if we win the league by winning 1-0 every game come to me at the end of the season and i'll be ecstatic, but i'll still be saying the same thing the day after every game when i have to travel across the city to be bored out of my mind. am i happy with where we are in the table? overjoyed. am i happy with sitting through that match last night bar 12 glorious minutes? not really.
colonel_muck
De Jong's Tackle

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:47 pm

Arsenal havent won diddly squat for 5 years but they continue to fill out their stadium because they play arguably the most attractive football in the world.

If we continue to play boring football and get the 1 - 0 wins (that some fans dont mind) eventually there will be poor attendencies.

I would rather play like Arsenal to be honest who at least are always in the mix for a cup or prem title than a boring shite unentertaining team that grinds out 1 - nils.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Mar 30, 2010 4:04 pm

We've never won 1-0 in the league under Mancini (Boro in the cup, sure).
Dunne's Half-Time Pint

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum