City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Postby bluechester » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:52 pm

Florida Blue wrote:Oh and I vote for Kasper, he's played with a lot of the lads, and probably has something to prove.

dont fancy that dirty red in our net one bit, scared the life out of me when he played for city last time.
bluechester
Superman's Underpants

Postby Nick » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:03 pm

guv111 wrote:Never underestimate the ingenu, nor overrate the young, absent hero.

While Hart is the undeniable long-term choice (starting next season, please), if he were to be shoe-horned in right now it could be calamitous. Let's give Gunnar his chance. After all, for the short-haul, someone with something to prove against the odds could be amazing, whilst - just as likely - Hart, with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, could try too hard and be bloody awful.

Swings and roundabouts, friends!

Could be right there. Hart looked great on sunday at his shot stopping (as usual) but was a bit dodgy from corners and coming out, he looked like he was trying too hard
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Haz » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:12 pm

Nick wrote:
guv111 wrote:Never underestimate the ingenu, nor overrate the young, absent hero.

While Hart is the undeniable long-term choice (starting next season, please), if he were to be shoe-horned in right now it could be calamitous. Let's give Gunnar his chance. After all, for the short-haul, someone with something to prove against the odds could be amazing, whilst - just as likely - Hart, with a bit of a chip on his shoulder, could try too hard and be bloody awful.

Swings and roundabouts, friends!

Could be right there. Hart looked great on sunday at his shot stopping (as usual) but was a bit dodgy from corners and coming out, he looked like he was trying too hard

Probably because stopping Villa winning would have been to his own advantage for next season. Mincini has already said Joe is coming back next season, and if we are in the CL it's more game time for him and the chance of playing on the big stage.
Haz
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: The Goat

Postby Mr Miyagi » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:23 pm

I still can't believe we are the richest club in the world, aiming to qualify for Europe, and we find ourselves in the position of having to apply for an emergency goalkeeper for the last three games of the season, despite having a possible world cup keeper on our books. How did this happen? A terrible way to run a club. Next season Joe Hart stays at the club and does what we pay him for, putting City first.

rant over.
I must remember to get a new signature.....
Mr Miyagi
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Sister of fu » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:27 pm

According to the beeb we have been given the greenlight. Funny reading that 606 thing where people can post comments. Some proper bitter c***s out there, ironic that that's what we are refered as!!
Sister of fu
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Uwe Rosler

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:41 pm

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/ ... 108935.ece

wasn't cascarino at the Vile? Fucking mockernee Irish twat has plenty of yap.
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 9:54 pm

Manx Blue wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article7108935.ece

In answer to his why did'nt City sign an experianced 3rd choice keeper we did in Stuart Taylor who bacame second choice when Joe went to Brum on loan.But guess what Mr Fuckin Cascarino he is injured also you twat.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: Colin Bell

Postby edge275 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:00 pm

gillie wrote:
Manx Blue wrote:http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_city/article7108935.ece

In answer to his why did'nt City sign an experianced 3rd choice keeper we did in Stuart Taylor who bacame second choice when Joe went to Brum on loan.But guess what Mr Fuckin Cascarino he is injured also you twat.

If I'm honest I kinda agree with him. It was bad planning. But I won't be complaining if they let us get someone else that's decent in.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:06 pm

edge275 wrote:
gillie wrote:

If I'm honest I kinda agree with him. It was bad planning. But I won't be complaining if they let us get someone else that's decent in.

What should happen imo Edge is that Mcleish should send Joe back as they dont need him now as their season is over they cant win anything and cant be relegated.Maik Taylor could do the job of Joe for their last couple of games especially as one is against Burnley ffs.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:29 pm

Lets just stop all City have got preferential treatment bollox before it starts and sign Anttii Niemi he is a free agent and has stacks of Prem experiance.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby daved » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:00 pm

Manchester City are trying to persuade Birmingham City to allow Joe Hart to return to Eastlands for the final three games of the season after requesting special permission from the Premier League to help them out of a goalkeeping crisis.

Hart is on a season-long loan at St Andrew's but Birmingham's vice-chairman, Peter Pannu, said tonight he would "consider it favourably" even though the manager, Alex McLeish, has made it clear he is against the idea.

Pannu said: "I understand their [Manchester City's] concerns. I am very sympathetic to City and if I was Garry Cook [City's chief executive] I would already have been on the phone."
daved
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: The Blues

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 pm

Can I just say this to Alex McCleish please.

You fucking little cunt of a man....FUCK OFF YOU PRICK...WANKER.

Just wanted to get that off my chest.
Last edited by carl_feedthegoat on Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:03 pm

daved wrote:Manchester City are trying to persuade Birmingham City to allow Joe Hart to return to Eastlands for the final three games of the season after requesting special permission from the Premier League to help them out of a goalkeeping crisis.

Hart is on a season-long loan at St Andrew's but Birmingham's vice-chairman, Peter Pannu, said tonight he would "consider it favourably" even though the manager, Alex McLeish, has made it clear he is against the idea.

Pannu said: "I understand their [Manchester City's] concerns. I am very sympathetic to City and if I was Garry Cook [City's chief executive] I would already have been on the phone."

Well what are we waitin fer.Although if it did happen Villa and Spuds would go fuckin mental lol.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Goaters 103 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:20 pm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010 ... birmingham

Lets gte things straight here, we are not seeking to nick Hart from Brum, he is after all our player ffs.

Seems like the Chairman there is sensible as he probably realises that to have any chance of Hart going back there next season they need to play ball. As for Mr McLeish, I'd no more do him any favours ever again after his childish rants.

I'd get Hart back, make an informal agreement with the chairman to let Hart go back and then eff them all off at the end of the season.
Goaters 103
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Manx Blue » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:32 pm

edge275 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Sign this man up....if he could see a disclocated shoulder coming, maybe he is the key to our charge for Europe!! ;)
Manx and Proud...Born on the 5th of July

It's a New City...but...It's a New City which has retained its SOUL and EVOLVED - Khaldoon Al Mubarak 22/08/09
Manx Blue

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 pm

Manx Blue wrote:
edge275 wrote:
gillie wrote:

Sign this man up....if he could see a disclocated shoulder coming, maybe he is the key to our charge for Europe!! ;)

I agree we had five keepers on our books one went on loan for the season and three are now injured so that was bad planning.I will say if anyone could have foreseen this will you please pick my lottery numbers at the weekend.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby daved » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:38 pm

politics in play here the statment was from Brums vice chairman.
daved
Carlo Nash's Debut

Supporter of: The Blues

Postby gillie » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:40 pm

daved wrote:politics in play here the statment was from Brums vice chairman.

I know mate but the thick ginger jock twat cant see that.
gillie
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:29 am

gillie wrote:What should happen imo Edge is that Mcleish should send Joe back as they dont need him now as their season is over they cant win anything and cant be relegated.Maik Taylor could do the job of Joe for their last couple of games especially as one is against Burnley ffs.

Why should he? If the roles were reversed would you be happy if City returned our best player back to another side just to be nice. I would be appalled if CIty did it.

Looks like we werent going to give him back next year and now an oppertunity has arisen that Birmingham can exploit.
City has shown that they will fold like a pack of cards when someone plays hardball with them (De Jong, Lescott) Mcliesh is just looking after his own interests. Last time I checked he wasnt our manager.

They are on course for thier highest premiership finish. They are 9th but can still be caught by 13th. That's two million pounds worth of prize money. Money that a team like Birmingham cant turn there noses at.

It's not Birmingham or McLieshes fault that we are in this postion.
ross.mcfc

Postby ross.mcfc » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:30 am

gillie wrote:
daved wrote:politics in play here the statment was from Brums vice chairman.

I know mate but the thick ginger jock twat cant see that.

Remember when Moyles said Lescott wouldnt leave. It's called driving a bargain. Something that good managers do. They have us by the balls and they know it.
ross.mcfc

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum