mad mario

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: mad mario

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:15 pm

looks like the fee's been agreed.

arggh. would really rather him go somewhere else.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:17 pm

He's a very average forward compared to what we have now. No way i'd want him back; nutcase and a total let down 9 times out of 10. He'll flop at Liverpool just like he flopped at his 'boyhood club' Milan. He'll never ever make it at the highest level imo.. no better than someone like Adebayor.

Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are all much better players. Scouse can have him.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: mcfc

Postby Sideshow Bob » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:23 pm

that horse-tooth fuck Rodgers has quite the ego, doesn't he? agent balo will be his undoing.
Sideshow Bob
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Jonny Evans

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:30 pm

assuming he agrees to join, just can't see him willing to sign in time to play us at the etihad.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Piccsnumberoneblue » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:47 pm

Two sips and Sideshow Bob pretty much nail how I feel about it. Jose and Mancini can't keep him in order but that fuck thinks he can? Hmmmm
City and sniffing knickers.
Come on Blues.
Piccsnumberoneblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: Us

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:59 pm

some good points all around.

it must be said, after we sold him i thought he would tear up serie a with their weaker squads. clearly, that has not happened.

read on bluemoon he only scored 6 goals from open play last year.

yet, with the way liverpool want to play his talent could be unleashed, as he strikes me as the kind of player that needs to be surrounded by talent to succeed, of which milan has been lacking.

they way to beat them will probably be to overwhelm them in central midfield where i just don't see them matching our strength and ability, as well as most of the other so-called top 4-5 clubs.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:17 pm

PrezIke wrote:some good points all around.

it must be said, after we sold him i thought he would tear up serie a with their weaker squads. clearly, that has not happened.

yet, with the way liverpool want to play his talent could be unleashed, as he strikes me as the kind of player that needs to be surrounded by talent to succeed, of which milan has been lacking.

they way to beat them will probably be to overwhelm them in central midfield where i just don't see them matching our strength and ability, as well as most of the other so-called top 4-5 clubs.

Not quite sure what his problem was at ours then? Surrounded by it! Lot more than at Liverpool anyway.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:43 pm

Love him or hate him he brings a sense of colour on and off the pitch, he can even play football when he wants to. Mario needs something like this, he needs to be seen and why not on the biggest stage in the world, the Premier League. He's been lost out in Italy and I for one wouldn't mind him coming back to England.

The only issue for me is the club that he's linked to. Now that, I cannot endorse.

TWATS!!!
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:45 pm

We'll he'll be surrounded by Surridge's head if he goes there.

Takes their forward workrate down about 20% meaning they run out of steam after 20 mins rather than 30, Gerrard has to do more running to cover the gaps, & if he plays his usual game, he will be stood with his hands on his hips (or lying on the floor) right in that corridor where they like to play the pass through for Sterling to run between/behind the centre backs.

The more I think about this the less I understand it.

Also Liverpool fans & their helpers saying how good it is; imagine if, on the day of their title celebrations last season, Rodgers told them they were selling Suarez & replacing him with Balotelli, & Ricky Lambert.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:56 pm

twosips wrote:
PrezIke wrote:some good points all around.

Not quite sure what his problem was at ours then? Surrounded by it! Lot more than at Liverpool anyway.

fair point, but he did have some streaks of games where he played very well. he also did well surrounded by more talent on italy at euro '12.

it's likely a mentality thing mostly, but of course someone of his talents will get better service on a team that has more of it.

obviously, he was also younger while with us as well, but i also feel despite our talent level we also played a more conservative game tactically under mancini, underusing the quality that we seem to utilise better under pellegrini, imo.

liverpool are closest to us in the league in terms of full on attacking minded play, but minus suarez they've had to adjust. with balo they could try their diamond approach from last season for the entire game. i think they started differently against sunderland, and had henderson as winger, rather than centrally where he is more suited. they want to put someone with more pace out wide, likely sturridge, to suit their style that was effective last year.

with mario it is doubtful they would be AS good, although the potential is still there, although his window for showing himself as more consistent is shortening. my fear is he will score quite a few goals there....unfortunately.
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:30 pm

twosips wrote:He's a very average forward compared to what we have now. No way i'd want him back; nutcase and a total let down 9 times out of 10. He'll flop at Liverpool just like he flopped at his 'boyhood club' Milan. He'll never ever make it at the highest level imo.. no better than someone like Adebayor.

Negredo, Dzeko, Jovetic and Aguero are all much better players. Scouse can have him.

Never watched him at Milan but he scored 30 in 54 games there. Can't exactly call that 'flopping' surely?
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby twosips » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:47 pm

Bridge'srightfoot wrote:
twosips wrote:He's a very average forward compared to what we have now. No way i'd want him back; nutcase and a total let down 9 times out of 10. He'll flop at Liverpool just like he flopped at his 'boyhood club' Milan. He'll never ever make it at the highest level imo.. no better than someone like Adebayor.

Never watched him at Milan but he scored 30 in 54 games there. Can't exactly call that 'flopping' surely?

Why do you think they're selling him then so eagerly for relative pittance considering his stock?

Stats dont show the full picture. He scored most of them in his first season when he was riding the wave of his heroic return in January... and when it all settled down he scored 18 last year in all comps, playing more than 40 games. 14 in the league. That's 'okay', but it's just not good enough when you consider most were pens and his overall game has been quite poor and, in my humble opinion, its not enough to warrant him being labelled as one of the best and its also not enough to warrant putting up with his erratic behaviour and lazy demeanour. Dzeko at his worst still scores a hell of a lot more than Balotelli does and is a lot less trouble and won't cause fights on the training pitch - there has never been a season where Mario has wow'd anyone. Ever. Even Adebayor had one season like that. Whole lot of hype if you ask me... decent finisher but i just don't see that much to his game and he's just not worth it. Getting a good team performance out of him is like drawing blood from a stone.

Can't wait to watch him rolling about sulking.

I just don't get him as a footballer at all. He's a proper B-list striker. Half, quite literally given the stats, the player Suarez is.
twosips
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:51 pm

twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Why do you think they're selling him then so eagerly for relative pittance considering his stock?

Stats dont show the full picture. He scored most of them in his first season when he was riding the wave of his heroic return in January... and when it all settled down he scored 18 last year in all comps, playing more than 40 games. 14 in the league. That's 'okay', but it's just not good enough when you consider most were pens and his overall game has been quite poor and, in my humble opinion, its not enough to warrant him being labelled as one of the best and its also not enough to warrant putting up with his erratic behaviour and lazy demeanour. Dzeko at his worst still scores a hell of a lot more than Balotelli does and is a lot less trouble and won't cause fights on the training pitch - there has never been a season where Mario has wow'd anyone. Ever. Even Adebayor had one season like that. Whole lot of hype if you ask me... decent finisher but i just don't see that much to his game and he's just not worth it. Getting a good team performance out of him is like drawing blood from a stone.

I just don't get him as a footballer at all. He's a proper B-list striker. Half, quite literally given the stats, the player Suarez is.

Exactly.

He's 24 years old, and plays centre forward for Italy, & AC Milan are willing to sell him at half the price Roma are asking for a 27 year old Moroccan central defender.

Are the Milan fans kicking up fuck about it like they did about Kaka ? If not, why not ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Bridge'srightfoot » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:04 pm

twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

No doubt he didn't do as well as expected and a fair few of his goals were penalties but the term 'flop' should imo be reserved for the likes of Fellaini and Torres, rather than Balo.
Still like him as a player and still maintain that although he's wildly inconsistent, on his day he really is superb and has that extra bit of quality that maybe the likes of a Dzeko or Negredo doesn't quite have.

Don't miss him here but wish him well.
Bridge'srightfoot
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Lee_R » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:08 pm

I cant see him playing Monday.. I dont think he'd want to. However.. I can see him sitting in the stands and being typical Mario.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

My favourite player is: David White

Postby Mikhail Chigorin » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 pm

If he does go to the Bin-Dippers, I don't give his Maserati much chance of staying in his possession for very long.
Mikhail Chigorin
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Bert Trautmann

Postby halnone » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:10 pm

Don't like this at all.
halnone
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Foreverinbluedreams » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:33 pm

twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Because they're skint and he is their most saleable asset. They need to sell to buy.
Foreverinbluedreams
Denis Law's Backheel

Supporter of: Euthanasia

Postby Ted Hughes » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:37 pm

Foreverinbluedreams wrote:
twosips wrote:
Bridge'srightfoot wrote:

Because they're skint and he is their most saleable asset. They need to sell to buy.

How about not buying & keeping their 'star' player instead if he's so good ? And why is a multi title winning, Italian international striker going for 10 mil less than Fellaini without a load of clubs hijacking the deal ?

And how upset are Milan's supporters that he's leaving ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:39 pm

Already heard him described as 'child-like'. The revisionism begins.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum