pep’s contract

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: pep’s contract

Postby Blue Jam » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:05 am

Dimples wrote:The way I see it is:

1. Initial phase. Games against Liverpool and Spurs. Blatant shafting. Enough said.
2. Middle phase. Last two seasons. No blatant shafting but no favors either.
Chelsea game down to team selection but no red for Rudiger and no penalty for hand ball early 2nd half? Last year, we should have buried Real but Athi were allowed to kick us to pieces, so was Casemiro in 2nd leg. Compare with Liverpool vs. Athi. In both legs Athi had a player sent of and Liverpool got a yellow for a blatant red.
In summary, not shafted but no favors either.
3. Next phase. We will start to get favors. It benefits UEFA to keep us involved. We have become to big to ignore. The Haaland effect is immense. Radio programs were 80% content was about Liverpool and MU are now talking about City. They have to, it is not by choice. The younger audience follow players now not just clubs. With Haaland, Pep, DeBruyne, Foden and our success, we are a magnet for them and their cash. UEFA are all about the money. I expect to see that reflected on the pitch via the men in black.
FA to do with football.

Time will tell.

Fascinating.
I hope I forget this post before we win, you mighr be right.
Blue Jam
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Goater

Postby City64 » Mon Sep 26, 2022 9:52 am

Dimples wrote:The way I see it is:

1. Initial phase. Games against Liverpool and Spurs. Blatant shafting. Enough said.
2. Middle phase. Last two seasons. No blatant shafting but no favors either.
Chelsea game down to team selection but no red for Rudiger and no penalty for hand ball early 2nd half? Last year, we should have buried Real but Athi were allowed to kick us to pieces, so was Casemiro in 2nd leg. Compare with Liverpool vs. Athi. In both legs Athi had a player sent of and Liverpool got a yellow for a blatant red.
In summary, not shafted but no favors either.
3. Next phase. We will start to get favors. It benefits UEFA to keep us involved. We have become to big to ignore. The Haaland effect is immense. Radio programs were 80% content was about Liverpool and MU are now talking about City. They have to, it is not by choice. The younger audience follow players now not just clubs. With Haaland, Pep, DeBruyne, Foden and our success, we are a magnet for them and their cash. UEFA are all about the money. I expect to see that reflected on the pitch via the men in black.
FA to do with football.

Time will tell.

Bang on that !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:39 am

Agree but Madrid second leg with casemiro and blowing early def shafted
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:41 am

Nick wrote:Agree but Madrid second leg with casemiro and blowing early def shafted

The ref didn’t force Laporte to jump up with an arm in the air, or Dias to dive in. We didn’t help ourselves.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:44 am

The season we got to the final we played Dortmund and Ederson came out and made a fuck up and Bellingham scored. Absolutely nothing wrong with the goal but it was disallowed.

Watch on youtube.com

We get things in our favour as well. Pointing out the odd decision here and there isn’t proof of corruption.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:52 am

Mase wrote:
Nick wrote:Agree but Madrid second leg with casemiro and blowing early def shafted

The ref didn’t force Laporte to jump up with an arm in the air, or Dias to dive in. We didn’t help ourselves.

That is not the issue.
The issue is Real were helped in the second leg and we were not.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester city
My favourite player is: Sterling

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:11 pm

Dimples wrote:
Mase wrote:

That is not the issue.
The issue is Real were helped in the second leg and we were not.

We were “helped” against Dortmund, as above. Bad refereeing decisions happen. We sound like absolute scousers with this victim mentality sometimes.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:22 pm

I don't know why you're looking for proof of corruption again mate.

The officiating v both Madrid trams was disgusting.

Very different than the odd incident here and there. We've been ridden in the champs league from day one. The season we made it to the final was the only one I thought was balanced.

Seeing that for what it is doesn't make us dippers
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 26, 2022 12:48 pm

Original Dub wrote:I don't know why you're looking for proof of corruption again mate.

The officiating v both Madrid trams was disgusting.

Very different than the odd incident here and there. We've been ridden in the champs league from day one. The season we made it to the final was the only one I thought was balanced.

Seeing that for what it is doesn't make us dippers

Which brings me back to my original point.
Generalizations: up to 2020 totally shafted, 2022 and 2021 not shafted but not helped, 2022/23 we will be helped.
We now have a significant impact on UEFAs revenue streams (merchandise, sponsorships, TV rights, Gaming, Subs....), particularly with the younger fans.
More importantly, we provide the potential to grow UEFA revenues but only if Haaland, Pep et al are kept center stage under the spotlight.
Always follow the money....

Time will tell, if I am incorrect I will apologize when we exit the CL.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 26, 2022 1:12 pm

The blatant shafting started in the uefa Cup

Remember ajax? At home? Blew on 90 mins when we had 5 mins added on, should have been a pen on 90 mins and he blew full time!

And the Eastern team (I forget) maybe Turkish ref and Mario got sent off.
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Original Dub » Mon Sep 26, 2022 3:25 pm

There's no doubt it's a corrupt competition run by a corrupt organisation.

That's why I don't care if we win it once and never again.

Get rid of the last stick they like to beat us with and just win the league year in, year out.
"Alvarez haters must be squirming"
Original Dub
De Jong's Tackle

My favourite player is: Haaland

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:38 pm

Original Dub wrote:There's no doubt it's a corrupt competition run by a corrupt organisation.

Get rid of the last stick they like to beat us with and just win the league year in, year out.

I’ll agree with that .
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby nottsblue » Mon Sep 26, 2022 4:48 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Original Dub wrote:There's no doubt it's a corrupt competition run by a corrupt organisation.

I’ll agree with that .

I’m also very nearly in this camp except I couldn’t be bothered if we didn’t win it. Obviously if we did I’d be pleased but the PL for me has always been and will always be the yardstick by which we are judged.

Every single successful manager since the 50s starting with Busby and moving from Shankly, Revie, Paisley,Clough, Dalglish, Ferguson,Wenger and others; have all said the domestic title is the one they want to win as that shows you are the best side over the season.

We are good enough to win the CL and I dare say soon enough we will do. But as long as we win the PL as often as we have been doing, that’ll do me
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Dimples » Mon Sep 26, 2022 5:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I’ll agree with that .

I’m also very nearly in this camp except I couldn’t be bothered if we didn’t win it. Obviously if we did I’d be pleased but the PL for me has always been and will always be the yardstick by which we are judged.

Every single successful manager since the 50s starting with Busby and moving from Shankly, Revie, Paisley,Clough, Dalglish, Ferguson,Wenger and others; have all said the domestic title is the one they want to win as that shows you are the best side over the season.

We are good enough to win the CL and I dare say soon enough we will do. But as long as we win the PL as often as we have been doing, that’ll do me

I agree. Win the CL and bury the media distortion propagated on how brilliant Liverpool and Klopp are. It should not but it really does annoy me.
Dimples
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Sep 26, 2022 6:45 pm

Has he signed yet?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Mase » Mon Sep 26, 2022 7:00 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:

I’ll agree with that .

Me too. Just get it won and get the monkey off our back and crack on.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Mon Sep 26, 2022 11:25 pm

It's a glorified cup competition made for happy clappers

I want us to dominate it, win it 2 to 3 times to wind the media, vermins and rags. Apart from that couldn't care less
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby salford city » Tue Sep 27, 2022 6:14 am

Outcast wrote:It's a glorified cup competition made for happy clappers

I want us to dominate it, win it 2 to 3 times to wind the media, vermins and rags. Apart from that couldn't care less

This is where i am with it. Win it then defend it the next season. Overall, as long as we keep reeling in those 20 league titles I'm happy
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby CTID Hants » Wed Sep 28, 2022 12:45 am

salford city wrote:

This is where i am with it. Win it then defend it the next season. Overall, as long as we keep reeling in those 20 league titles I'm happy

Since it being called the chumps league has any English team won it back to back?
Born A Blue

CTID Hants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Postby salford city » Wed Sep 28, 2022 5:56 am

CTID Hants wrote:
salford city wrote:

Since it being called the chumps league has any English team won it back to back?

Not as far as I know which was where i was coming from. Certainly not the red shite so that would do it for me and keep them in their box
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum