What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: What Does Yaya Toure Actually Do?

Postby King Kev » Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:15 pm

Yaya often only plays 15-20 minutes of a game.
Sometimes it's more (utd on Tuesday) sometimes it's less (yesterday) but I reckon the average is no more than 20 minutes per game.

When he does play he is phenomenal, which is why he features heavily in edited highlights of matches. If you only get to see the highlights it looks like he has been brilliant throughout the entire match, sadly this is actually rarely the case.

We are lucky to have the likes of Fernandinho, Silva and Nasri to pick up the slack during Yaya's downtime, however we can get found out against some of the better teams.
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Mar 30, 2014 7:57 pm

King Kev wrote:Yaya often only plays 15-20 minutes of a game.
Sometimes it's more (utd on Tuesday) sometimes it's less (yesterday) but I reckon the average is no more than 20 minutes per game.

When he does play he is phenomenal, which is why he features heavily in edited highlights of matches. If you only get to see the highlights it looks like he has been brilliant throughout the entire match, sadly this is actually rarely the case.

We are lucky to have the likes of Fernandinho, Silva and Nasri to pick up the slack during Yaya's downtime, however we can get found out against some of the better teams.

Are you saying 'What Does YayaActually do', apart from 20 minutes?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Moonchesteri » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:46 pm

Beefymcfc wrote: Are you saying 'What Does YayaActually do', apart from 20 minutes?

Or do we finally have the answer? He does everything good that has been said in this thread for 20minutes per game and for the remaining 70mins he is everything he has been criticised for.
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Sun Mar 30, 2014 9:49 pm

Moonchesteri wrote: Or do we finally have the answer? He does everything good that has been said in this thread for 20minutes per game and for the remaining 70mins he is everything he has been criticised for.

Every footballer has explosive moments and moments of jogging.

Sometimes I think we look too deep and try and be too clever when a player simply has a sub par game.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:08 am

Pretty Boy Lee wrote:
Every footballer has explosive moments and moments of jogging.

Sometimes I think we look too deep and try and be too clever when a player simply has a sub par game.

Has anyone watched that documentary of Zidane where he was filmed for the entire match?
DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Benjay » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:31 am

Is this debate for real? I am simply amazed. Lets just say that Yaya gets injured this week and is ruled out for the run in. Would we be bothered? Of course we would. Ok he has periods when he ambles in and out of action but he is a Colossius in the midfield. He changes games at the drop of a hat. We were going nowhere in the League Cup final until he scored. We should play him more upfront where defences would hate to see so much of him but he glues the midfield together with Ferdy. Along with Kompany he is our most important player. We can cope without Sergio (although it would be nice to have him back) but a long spell of injury or suspension for Yaya or Vinnie - I dont know about you - has me concerned. Yes there are days that Yaya looks disinterested - a lot of that is his body language - but he covers a lot of ground and his passes total must be one of the highest in the league. The guy must be knackered for the shifts he puts in...
Benjay
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: Man city
My favourite player is: Milner

Postby Moonchesteri » Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:36 am

Benjay wrote:Is this debate for real? I am simply amazed. Lets just say that Yaya gets injured this week and is ruled out for the run in. Would we be bothered? Of course we would. Ok he has periods when he ambles in and out of action but he is a Colossius in the midfield. He changes games at the drop of a hat. We were going nowhere in the League Cup final until he scored. We should play him more upfront where defences would hate to see so much of him but he glues the midfield together with Ferdy. Along with Kompany he is our most important player. We can cope without Sergio (although it would be nice to have him back) but a long spell of injury or suspension for Yaya or Vinnie - I dont know about you - has me concerned. Yes there are days that Yaya looks disinterested - a lot of that is his body language - but he covers a lot of ground and his passes total must be one of the highest in the league. The guy must be knackered for the shifts he puts in...

It was at first but don't think it has been serious for ages
Moonchesteri
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: MCFC

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 am

Benjay wrote:Is this debate for real? I am simply amazed. Ok he has periods when he ambles in and out of action Yes there are days that Yaya looks disinterested - a lot of that is his body language The guy must be knackered for the shifts he puts in...

You have just basically said exactly the same as almost everyone else, right there.

So yes, the debate is for real.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:07 am

Seems the bigots on here have made up their minds so no matter how much proof of his value is shown the fickle bigots go about making up bollox to suit their agenda.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:15 am

Rag_hater wrote:Seems the bigots on here have made up their minds so no matter how much proof of his value is shown the fickle bigots go about making up bollox to suit their agenda.

So you are saying that there are people who don't value Yaya's contribution ?

Who are these people who don't rate Yaya ? Can you name a few ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 am

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:Seems the bigots on here have made up their minds so no matter how much proof of his value is shown the fickle bigots go about making up bollox to suit their agenda.

Read the first few pages of this thread and you will get an idea.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:48 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Ted Hughes wrote:

The thread started in 2011.

How about reading what people are saying now, & discussing that instead ?

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:56 am

Looking for bites again. Why do you hate City fans so much raggy?
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:00 am

Ted Hughes wrote:

The thread started in 2011.
How about reading what people are saying now, & discussing that instead ?[/quote]

Cos people are making the same bollox arguments now,so using the first few pages to make the point is how to discuss.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:12 am

You haven't discussed anything. Just thrown a wide ranging insult & offered nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

People are talking about what Yaya is good & bad at & how to get the best out of him.

Do you have anything wotrhwhile to offer to the discussion ?

(And yet again fucked up the simple task of quoting).

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Original Dub » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:17 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You haven't discussed anything. Just thrown a wide ranging insult & offered nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

People are talking about what Yaya is good & bad at & how to get the best out of him.

It's actually difficult to fuck up quoting on this site. To do it with such consistency is admirable. Hats off.
Original Dub

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 am

Ted Hughes wrote:You haven't discussed anything. Just thrown a wide ranging insult & offered nothing to the discussion whatsoever.

It was the lesson you gave me does not seem to have worked.

People are not talking about how to get the best out of Yaya ,people are falling back to their default setting of finding a scapegoat.
Rag_hater

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:30 am

People are not talking about how to get the best out of Yaya ,people are falling back to their default setting of finding a scapegoat.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:44 am

Rag_hater wrote:

No, people are pointing out good & bad in his game & suggesting how, & when, to best use him. Very few would suggest not using him at all.

You don't seem to have any interest in generally talking football with anyone, hardly ever. Just arguing for the sake of it or posting nonsense to cause an argument.

I think you are a fan of Spanish football who has a few favourites who played there, such as Yaya, Robinho etc & City are just a casual interest brought about because people like Robinho came here.

Hence you struggle to discuss football seriously with City fans.

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:45 am

Original Dub wrote:Looking for bites again. Why do you hate City fans so much raggy?

I'm begining to feel sorry for.

[youtube]7_7E9YETMHs[/youtube]
Rag_hater

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum