Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories

Postby Beefymcfc » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:06 pm

Mase wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:Pretending, I thought he was a fully fledge Glaswegian?

Born in Ardwick

Thanks, always thought he was Jockenese. Must've been there for a while.

Didn't he have a bit of a spat with somebody, seem to remember him getting in a strop with somebody; or shouldn't I ask?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby mr_nool » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:49 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Born in Ardwick

Didn't he have a bit of a spat with somebody, seem to remember him getting in a strop with somebody; or shouldn't I ask?

Big beef with IBH (or whatever the fuck he is called now ;-)). Banned indefinitely.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:09 am

mr_nool wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Mase wrote:

Born in Ardwick

Big beef with IBH (or whatever the fuck he is called now ;-)). Banned indefinitely.

I remember reading some of it, didn't realise it went that far though. At least he left a legacy though, I wonder what he'd say now?
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:51 am

Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:
ashton287 wrote: Any fans are obviously biased.

I reckon ever club has a fansite with a thread on these lines. Things happen but I don't believe the bias is as big (if at all) as some make out. Some shocking decisions certainly but out and out bias from the refs? ... nah

If anybody has the time and inclination, have a read of these, they are a real eye-opener.

[urlnp=http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/23004]Manchester City – They Didn’t Win The League With Referee Assistance[/urlnp]

[urlnp=http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/23002]Manchester United – A Home Advantage 3 Times The League Average[/urlnp]

Try to ignore the graphs, the write-up is good enough.

That just seems the rantings of a rag hater to me.The fact that the fuckers got a 2.5 (2.5)% advantage at home seems a small amount to me and people go on about how many pens the fuckers get like it's some extraordinary number that makes everyone elses number seem trivial.The fuckers got 11 last year we got 8.The year before we got more, 9 to 5 I think.Same with yellow cards and other stuff,the only thing I can find the fuckers getting an advantage is red cards but there may be an explanation for that.
Rag_hater
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:04 am

Over the last ten years they have had more penalties than anyone else FACT.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: De jong

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:07 am

ashton287 wrote:Over the last ten years they have had more penalties than anyone else FACT.

Can you come up number please is it double treble or one or two.
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:32 am

Rag_hater wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:

I reckon ever club has a fansite with a thread on these lines. Things happen but I don't believe the bias is as big (if at all) as some make out. Some shocking decisions certainly but out and out bias from the refs? ... nah

If anybody has the time and inclination, have a read of these, they are a real eye-opener.

[urlnp=http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/23004]Manchester City – They Didn’t Win The League With Referee Assistance[/urlnp]

[urlnp=http://blog.emiratesstadium.info/archives/23002]Manchester United – A Home Advantage 3 Times The League Average[/urlnp]

That just seems the rantings of a rag hater to me.The fact that the fuckers got a 2.5 (2.5)% advantage at home seems a small amount to me and people go on about how many pens the fuckers get like it's some extraordinary number that makes everyone elses number seem trivial.The fuckers got 11 last year we got 8.The year before we got more, 9 to 5 I think.Same with yellow cards and other stuff,the only thing I can find the fuckers getting an advantage is red cards but there may be an explanation for that.

There is; it's called 'refs being scared to send off Utd players but not scared to send off players from teams who play against them', & those who aren't scared to send off Utd players don't get to ref many Utd games, so Utd get mainly refs who are scared to send off their players reffing them.

It's fair enough that Utd don't get huge numbers of penalties compered to us, but look at how many they get when they really need them, in big games, & look at how our games are reffed & the decisions we get in similar circumstances.

I predicted earlier on last season, maybe even in this thread I don't know, that although we had been doing ok for ref decisions, it would all change once the pressure kicked in & the likes of Utd, Liverpool etc would start to get the big decisions in their favour. Look at our games v Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool; Liverpool keeper not sent off for handball, Kompany sent off v rags, Giggs gets away with the same offence, Liverpool's players not sent off for the same offence, rags given pens v Chelsea but Silva denied a blatant one, we drop points. It's not just the number of decisions, it's the big important ones. Sometimes even the correct ones. It's ok imo that Shelvey got a red v rags, what's not ok is that we don't get the same protection when we go to Anfield because refs are also subconciously scared of penalising Liverpool, so Charley Adam etc can kick fucking lumps out of our players but is not allowed to do it v Utd. That kind of quiet, undercover, bias is the thing which wins them titles. Sometimes even the correct decisions Utd get are actually preferential compared to others.

We would have been playing v 11 at Anfield not 10 because when Liverpool players do that to City, they stay on. Utd play like shit & end up two points better off in the title race because the ref is more scared of them than he is of Liverpool.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:42 am

Its not only the number of penalties they get either. The manner in which they get them is usually bullshit aswell.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 10:46 am

ashton287 wrote:Over the last ten years they have had more penalties than anyone else FACT.

I have been doing a biy of digging and whatI have found is that over the past 10 years we have had 69 pens them fuckers 114 but Chavski who have played a similar number of games are at 120.

Ted Hughes wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:
Chinners wrote:

There is; it's called 'refs being scared to send off Utd players but not scared to send off players from teams who play against them', & those who aren't scared to send off Utd players don't get to ref many Utd games, so Utd get mainly refs who are scared to send off their players reffing them.

It's fair enough that Utd don't get huge numbers of penalties compered to us, but look at how many they get when they really need them, in big games, & look at how our games are reffed & the decisions we get in similar circumstances.

I predicted earlier on last season, maybe even in this thread I don't know, that although we had been doing ok for ref decisions, it would all change once the pressure kicked in & the likes of Utd, Liverpool etc would start to get the big decisions in their favour. Look at our games v Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool; Liverpool keeper not sent off for handball, Kompany sent off v rags, Giggs gets away with the same offence, Liverpool's players not sent off for the same offence, rags given pens v Chelsea but Silva denied a blatant one, we drop points. It's not just the number of decisions, it's the big important ones. Sometimes even the correct ones. It's ok imo that Shelvey got a red v rags, what's not ok is that we don't get the same protection when we go to Anfield because refs are also subconciously scared of penalising Liverpool, so Charley Adam etc can kick fucking lumps out of our players but is not allowed to do it v Utd. That kind of quiet, undercover, bias is the thing which wins them titles. Sometimes even the correct decisions Utd get are actually preferential compared to others.

We would have been playing v 11 at Anfield not 10 because when Liverpool players do that to City, they stay on. Utd play like shit & end up two points better off in the title race because the ref is more scared of them than he is of Liverpool.

There a statement that most of the decicions against the rags are correct.Well to me that suggests when the fuckers get a free kick it's the right call
Rag_hater

Postby Ted Hughes » Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:12 am

That isn't what I said.

Most decisions that all teams get are correct. If refs got every single decision wrong, they wouldn't be in a job. It's the small percentages & the key decisions that make the difference. Rags often get those & we often don't. It translated to about 13-15 points adavantage to the rags last season & is already at about 6 points this season. If Dzeko hadn't scored, it would be 8 points.

That would have been 8 points rags' advantage in 6 games due to officials, as it is, we are six points down on decisions compared to them, in 6 games. I can tell you right now that it will not 'even itself out' it will get worse. That's already the equivalent of us starting the season 6 points behind Utd. It will be more by the end of the season, probably much worse than last season.

To win the title, we will have to be at least 15 points better than Utd, because they will gain that many points difference from decisions going for them & against us.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:05 pm

Your looking at all comps obviously because they have had 60, more than anyone else, in the prem and the prem is the only fair way of representing them as not all teams play in all comps for the same amount of games or atall. They have also had less given against them in the prem than any other team who has been in the league for 10 consecutive years.
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:48 pm

ashton287 wrote:Your looking at all comps obviously because they have had 60, more than anyone else, in the prem and the prem is the only fair way of representing them as not all teams play in all comps for the same amount of games or atall. They have also had less given against them in the prem than any other team who has been in the league for 10 consecutive years.

Where you getting your numbers from?
Cos I'm getting them from here:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/manch ... _2003.html
And that says us 40
Them 54 and Chavski 55.

Ted Hughes wrote:That isn't what I said.

Most decisions that all teams get are correct. If refs got every single decision wrong, they wouldn't be in a job. It's the small percentages & the key decisions that make the difference. Rags often get those & we often don't. It translated to about 13-15 points adavantage to the rags last season & is already at about 6 points this season. If Dzeko hadn't scored, it would be 8 points.

That would have been 8 points rags' advantage in 6 games due to officials, as it is, we are six points down on decisions compared to them, in 6 games. I can tell you right now that it will not 'even itself out' it will get worse. That's already the equivalent of us starting the season 6 points behind Utd. It will be more by the end of the season, probably much worse than last season.

To win the title, we will have to be at least 15 points better than Utd, because they will gain that many points difference from decisions going for them & against us.

That seems wrong to me like we never get a decision that is arguable if you look at it from the other side.
Rag_hater

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:17 pm

ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:45 pm

ashton287 wrote:Re: Paranoia and Conspiracy Theories
by ashton287 » 01 Oct 2012 16:17

Yeah the fuckers had 1 more pen than us and Chavski every year for the past 10 years.
Rag_hater

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:01 pm

Rag_hater wrote:
Yeah the fuckers had 1 more pen than us and Chavski every year for the past 10 years.

Did they deserve that extra penalty?
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Rag_hater » Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:18 pm

ashton287 wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:

Did they deserve that extra penalty?

Give it rest.Non of us like the fuckers but you can't make up shit that you give away by your own admission.
Rag_hater

Postby ashton287 » Mon Oct 01, 2012 5:03 pm

What did i make up?
ashton287
De Jong's Tackle

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:13 pm

Rag_hater wrote:That just seems the rantings of a rag hater to me.The fact that the fuckers got a 2.5 (2.5)% advantage at home seems a small amount to me and people go on about how many pens the fuckers get like it's some extraordinary number that makes everyone elses number seem trivial.The fuckers got 11 last year we got 8.The year before we got more, 9 to 5 I think.Same with yellow cards and other stuff,the only thing I can find the fuckers getting an advantage is red cards but there may be an explanation for that.

Ironic really, considering your pseudonym.

You don't believe that the Rags don't get an advantage, no problems there. You believe we have the same cut of the green as them, no problem there either. In fact, I have no problem with any of your thoughts, there yours and you are entitled to them; Rag Hater.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:17 pm

Beefymcfc wrote:
Rag_hater wrote:That just seems the rantings of a rag hater to me.The fact that the fuckers got a 2.5 (2.5)% advantage at home seems a small amount to me and people go on about how many pens the fuckers get like it's some extraordinary number that makes everyone elses number seem trivial.The fuckers got 11 last year we got 8.The year before we got more, 9 to 5 I think.Same with yellow cards and other stuff,the only thing I can find the fuckers getting an advantage is red cards but there may be an explanation for that.

You don't believe that the Rags don't get an advantage, no problems there. You believe we have the same cut of the green as them, no problem there either. In fact, I have no problem with any of your thoughts, there yours and you are entitled to them; Rag Hater.

I think the village idiot should put his hand up before he gives an opinion......shouldnt be allowed to otherwise.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby Beefymcfc » Mon Oct 01, 2012 7:21 pm

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Beefymcfc wrote:

I think the village idiot should put his hand up before he gives an opinion......shouldnt be allowed to otherwise.

He loves it, loves it I say.

Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum