Transfer rumours

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Transfer rumours

Postby blues2win » Sun May 26, 2024 7:52 pm

Talking about transfers I’m increasingly worried that next season will be Pep’s last at City.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: david silva

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 10:29 pm

blues2win wrote:Talking about transfers I’m increasingly worried that next season will be Pep’s last at City.

Life goes on ffs - get a grip .

We love , and will continue to love City no matter who manages us .
The set up is all done and dusted for whoever comes in next so it’s not like it’s back down to basics is it !

Pep has given us enough ammo for years to come to throw in the faces of RATS like Neville and company .

I’m happy and at peace (till the next match thread )
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Man City

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Sun May 26, 2024 10:36 pm

CTID Hants wrote:
Indianablue wrote:Rumours being pushed of Eddy and Ortega going, along with the usual Silva bollocks.
Pensioners KDB and Walker likely to extend?

You've been reading/watching the same bollocks that JC pedals.

I understand we need to evolve but that list there cannot and won't happen, wholesale changes like that are ludicrous. We struggled having lost Gundo and Mahrez last year.

I think your in for a shock then
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Outcast » Sun May 26, 2024 11:22 pm

Just have this niggly feeling if Pep leaves at end of next season, we're getting Alonso to replace him
Outcast
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon May 27, 2024 7:05 am

I don't think we'll get Alonso, apparently he said he wanted to manage the 3 club's he played for Bayern, Liverpool and Madrid, but wasn't sure which order to manage them?
Plain Speaking
Richard Dunne's Own Goals

Postby blues2win » Mon May 27, 2024 7:39 am

Nest season will be Ancelotti’s last. Alonso must be favourite to succeed him at the Bernabeu. That is provided he has a decent season next season and especially in the Champions League.
blues2win

Postby salford city » Mon May 27, 2024 8:43 am

blues2win wrote:Nest season will be Ancelotti’s last. Alonso must be favourite to succeed him at the Bernabeu. That is provided he has a decent season next season and especially in the Champions League.

Ancelotti would be my choice if Pep doesn't extend there is no-one else out there who comes close. Alonso may be a decent choice after his next move but I can see it going very wrong very quickly if he went to Franco's boys next
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Mase » Mon May 27, 2024 9:01 am

Daily Fail pushing Pep will leave at the end of next season. That’s a huge indication we’re going to be found ‘not guilty’ in my opinion. They need some sort of negative to cling to.

But if it’s been leaked now it’s ridiculous - it will fuck our summer transfer dealings up.

I genuinely think that Pep doesn’t know what he’s going to do yet. It’ll be the usual November time when he decides. I can see him doing another season after this one for ten years and then calling it.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon May 27, 2024 10:19 am

Mase wrote:Daily Fail pushing Pep will leave at the end of next season. That’s a huge indication we’re going to be found ‘not guilty’ in my opinion. They need some sort of negative to cling to.

But if it’s been leaked now it’s ridiculous - it will fuck our summer transfer dealings up.

I genuinely think that Pep doesn’t know what he’s going to do yet. It’ll be the usual November time when he decides. I can see him doing another season after this one for ten years and then calling it.

The 2 reporters leaking the story of Pep leaving next summer are the only 2 City supporting ones from the media pack, Blackburn and Gaughan, normally very ITK and reliable you would think the club has decided to leak the news for some strange reason!?
I think it is a big mistake to leak the news, look at Ferguson and Klopp!
It will effect recruitment and player retention and the media will be obsessed about it throughout the season.
Maybe they think it will become common knowledge and better to be transparent with recruitment targets etc. A sad day.
Plain Speaking

Postby salford city » Mon May 27, 2024 10:21 am

Leverkusen look to be signing García from Girona good business by them he is a far better player than either Nunes or Phillips. We need to get our business done quickly with the euros coming up.
Your job is cleaning boots
salford city
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby blues2win » Mon May 27, 2024 10:42 am

I’d be very surprised if Pep chose New York City fc for his next destination. I get the City but the football is mediocre. None of the buzz of the PL plus no ACL. Managing Brazil would be different. Or England?
blues2win

Postby Mase » Mon May 27, 2024 11:15 am

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:Daily Fail pushing Pep will leave at the end of next season. That’s a huge indication we’re going to be found ‘not guilty’ in my opinion. They need some sort of negative to cling to.

The 2 reporters leaking the story of Pep leaving next summer are the only 2 City supporting ones from the media pack, Blackburn and Gaughan, normally very ITK and reliable you would think the club has decided to leak the news for some strange reason!?
It will effect recruitment and player retention and the media will be obsessed about it throughout the season.
Maybe they think it will become common knowledge and better to be transparent with recruitment targets etc. A sad day.

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not a plot by Pep to make sure we go all in for his first choices this summer.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Outcast » Mon May 27, 2024 11:34 am

Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

Wouldn’t surprise me if it’s not a plot by Pep to make sure we go all in for his first choices this summer.

I wish he signs a 3 year extension in June to demoralise our rivals
Outcast

Postby Plain Speaking » Mon May 27, 2024 11:49 am

Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

The first choice signings are less likely to come if Pep's only here for a year!
Plain Speaking

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 27, 2024 11:50 am

blues2win wrote:I’d be very surprised if Pep chose New York City fc for his next destination. I get the City but the football is mediocre. None of the buzz of the PL plus no ACL. Managing Brazil would be different. Or England?

Don't see him as an International manager myself

He would get frustrated with the quality of available players and the lack of time to work with them to get them to play the way you want.

International management is a world away from club management. You don't coach players. They should already be competent otherwise they wouldn't be chosen. What the fuck can Southgate tell Kane to improve his shooting skills? Or Foden? Or Saka or indeed 90% of the squad?

It's all about man management skills making players believe in themselves, that they are good enough to win because let's be honest here, how many players in Southgates squad of 26 actually won anything? 10? 12? And how many have win things more than twice? 6? 7?

Not many. So straight away in their psyche, they will be defeatist. You could arguably have a guy from a different sport even to do it. A proper motivator who makes the most out of what he has.
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby blues2win » Mon May 27, 2024 1:01 pm

Maresca to Chelsea. McKenna may be Brighton bound. Hard enough staying up without the manager who got you there snaffled straightaway.
blues2win

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Mon May 27, 2024 1:07 pm

Plain Speaking wrote:
Mase wrote:
Plain Speaking wrote:

The first choice signings are less likely to come if Pep's only here for a year!

Not necessarily- whoever we buy they will be players that the incoming manager will / would want to have .

We cannot be that stupid to allow pep to buy players just for his own personal game plans , especially if it's his last season .
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Mon May 27, 2024 1:22 pm

The whole point of a Director of Football is to provide continuity of recruitment.
blues2win

Postby nottsblue » Mon May 27, 2024 1:41 pm

blues2win wrote:The whole point of a Director of Football is to provide continuity of recruitment.

I think the days are long gone where a manager alone decides who to sign. Certainly for clubs who want to succeed

Yes, the manager will get a say or a veto but the main voice will be the DoF. Klopp for example is lauded for buying Salah when in reality he didn't want him

We will be no different at all
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Outcast » Mon May 27, 2024 2:02 pm

nottsblue wrote:
blues2win wrote:The whole point of a Director of Football is to provide continuity of recruitment.

I think the days are long gone where a manager alone decides who to sign. Certainly for clubs who want to succeed

Yes, the manager will get a say or a veto but the main voice will be the DoF. Klopp for example is lauded for buying Salah when in reality he didn't want him

We will be no different at all

I wish the div vetoed Nunes and Phillips
Outcast

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum