Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Alexis/Alexi Sanchez

Postby mr_nool » Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:57 pm

Dubciteh wrote:
mr_nool wrote:I'm more upset about us not signing another left back.

It was my concern too n centre mid. We have huge holes whether we buy him or not. We are relying on luck with injuries now.

Only 20 senior squad players. And that's including Mangala.
Intelligent Vigilant Person
mr_nool
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Postby City64 » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:01 pm

Have the Arsenal board , chief exec,s and Wenger really have a clue what they are doing ???? this all seems an absolute shambles from the outside looking in . No wonder Arsenal are always in meltdown what a serious fucking shambles !!!
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:11 pm

City64 wrote:Have the Arsenal board , chief exec,s and Wenger really have a clue what they are doing ???? this all seems an absolute shambles from the outside looking in . No wonder Arsenal are always in meltdown what a serious fucking shambles !!!

They know exactly what they doing mate. They are looking after their own personal interests and taking plenty of money out of the club. Football was a distant second in Arsenals vocabulary a good while ago
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: niall Quinn & Kun

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:21 pm

Pulled out a bit earlier than I would have liked. I hope no other club nips in for him now.

Can we do a pre-contract agreement with him in January or is that only for foreign clubs? Could NYCFC do it? Otherwise, start with a really low offer in January as I wrote before and get him for the business end of the season.
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:22 pm

Justified logic wrote:Pulled out a bit earlier than I would have liked. I hope no other club nips in for him now.

Can we do a pre-contract agreement with him in January or is that only for foreign clubs? Could NYCFC do it? Otherwise, start with a really low offer in January as I wrote before and get him for the business end of the season.

That's a shout!! Get him to sign with NYCFC in Jan.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:24 pm

Justified logic wrote:Pulled out a bit earlier than I would have liked. I hope no other club nips in for him now.

How funny would it be for Girona to sign him for nothing in January and then loan/sell him to us? I think Wenger would actually explode!
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby blues2win » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

Even I'm giving up. City not prepared to go in with a third bid. Fair enough. I think Sanchez could have been the difference between the Championship title or not. Oh well. We have a very good squad but a couple of weaknesses unaddressed at the death. No fourth Centre Back and a worry about lack of goals. A couple more we were and are crossing our fingers about eg Vinny's fitness no top class defensive midfielder unless Gundogan comes through. Yaya and Fernandinho past their best.
blues2win
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

My favourite player is: david silva

Postby Justified logic » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:25 pm

nottsblue wrote:

How funny would it be for Girona to sign him for nothing in January and then loan/sell him to us? I think Wenger would actually explode!

I'd forgotten about Girona. That would be brilliant!!!
Justified logic
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:31 pm

Just a thought but could we go for Mahrez if Sanchez is a no go?
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby aaron bond » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:33 pm

nottsblue wrote:Just a thought but could we go for Mahrez if Sanchez is a no go?

We don't need more midfielders.

We need a striker who will score 20-30 goals.
aaron bond
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City

Postby Mase » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:34 pm

What the odds on Pep spitting his dummy out that we didn't go higher by playing a shite team against Liverpool to 'prove a point'
Last edited by Mase on Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby ENIAM NAM » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:35 pm

Mase wrote:What the odds one Pep spitting his dummy out that we didn't go higher by playing a shite team against Liverpool to 'prove a point'

Zero?
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Hutch's Shoulder » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:39 pm

Mase wrote:What the odds one Pep spitting his dummy out that we didn't go higher by playing a shite team against Liverpool to 'prove a point'

If the sticking point really is Arsenal's need to buy a replacement, a few more million from us wouldn't make a difference.
Hutch's Shoulder
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: City of course

Postby Chinners » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:44 pm

This!

I think even our bid of 60mil bid for a player that is 28 with less than a year on his contract and wants £400k a week is a joke . . . fucling waste of money in my book and makes us look like the English version of PSG
Chinners
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: B*ll*x
My favourite player is: Kun Tueart

Postby Nigels Tackle » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:51 pm

massive questions marks over the fucking spafia again. after they looked like they might actually be doing a good job. this club won't reach the heights demanded by the sheik with those cunts in charge.
ARMCHAIR FAN
Nigels Tackle
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Supporter of: man love
My favourite player is: riyad meh!rez

Postby PeterParker » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:55 pm

So done deal, he is staying.

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.
PeterParker
Roberto Mancini's Scarf

Supporter of: The Blue Moon blues
My favourite player is: King Mike

Postby nottsblue » Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:57 pm

PeterParker wrote:So done deal, he is staying.

For this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Either we get him free, or we leave him the fuck alone. He is clearly not that interested in joining us, even that cunt Cuntinho sent a transfer request. For Sanchez nothing. Imho, he could had played a part in the saga if he was really determined to be here.
He was not. Fuck him. We need players that want to be here, that are prepared to take a pay cut to play for a club like ours. We are the most consistent club in the last 6 years in England (never missed top 4) and you still chose Arsenal? Fuck off.

Next.

Can't argue with that really
nottsblue
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby PrezIke » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:01 pm

PeterParker wrote:So done deal, he is staying.

From this moment on, if we will go again after him, if we are willing to pay more than 1 pound for his services to Arsenal, then we really are a bunch of retards that have no idea how football works. This is the second time we missed him, or maybe the third if we tend to listen to the rumours that said we were after him when he chose Arsenal.

3 times.

Enough.

Next.

Blaming Alexis for this seems a bit odd to me mate, but so be it.

Many fans whinge about players who hand in transfer requests. Alexis has clearly sent the message he wants to leave. Not sure what handing in such a request would do given it's clear he wants to come to us. Hasn't helped VVD or Coutinho has it?

If he didn't really want to come to us, why did he turn down multiple offers from other clubs (Bayern, PSG, Chelsea) for more money, including from Arsenal?
PrezIke
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: KDBeezy

Postby zuricity » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Chinners wrote:

This!

I think even our bid of 60mil bid for a player that is 28 with less than a year on his contract and wants £400k a week is a joke . . . fucling waste of money in my book and makes us look like the English version of PSG

Couldn't agree more . Stupid bidding for him when we have Kun.
"Well I'll go to the foot of our stairs."
zuricity
Alan Oakes' 668 Games

Postby Beefymcfc » Thu Aug 31, 2017 7:03 pm

Are we sure it's all over? I only ask because I cannot see The Arsenal board wanting to lose money and keep an unhappy player on their books; he just won't play for them.

To be honest, I'm happy if we don't get him for the price mentioned, out of principal.
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum