*** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: *** NEW MEMBERS INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE ***

Postby dazby » Fri Mar 01, 2013 4:23 am

Peter Doherty (AGAIG) wrote:
gembrobyos wrote:Kitchens Manchester

Kitchens Manchester http://www.Iwankpigs.co.uk Kitchens in Manchester with appliances for only £595, Tel 01616-694785
Best value Kitchens in Manchester. Kitchens Manchester.

Kitchens Manchester

Are these kitchens in Manchester, by any chance? Welcome to the board, but this post should be in a transfer thread.

Are they fitted?
Attack the argument of the person, not the person of the argument- except Carl.
dazby
Joe Mercer's OBE

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Ed

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:19 am

dazby wrote:
gembrobyos wrote:Kitchens Manchester

Kitchens Manchester http://www.Iwankpigs.co.uk Kitchens in Manchester with appliances for only £595, Tel 01616-694785
Best value Kitchens in Manchester. Kitchens Manchester.

Kitchens Manchester

Are these kitchens in Manchester, by any chance? Welcome to the board, but this post should be in a transfer thread.

Are they fitted?

Well if they are, it'll take a helluva lot of shifting to get them out of the showroom and round to people's homes.
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Herb » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 pm

Well hello you fellow blues.

I'm Herb and I suppose I could best be described as a longterm City fan because I've been attending games since Colin Bell was doing the honours - yes, that old.
I'm a season card holder in CB L2 and I'm here as a refugee from bluemoan which I discharged myself honourably from in disgust at the way that the bigoted few were allowed to throw hostility at new and / or foreign fans. I'm not happy with that 'if you weren't at york you're not a true blue' attitude that a few idiots have because I served my time as a fan longing for my club to be big enough to be on the world stage and exciting enough to inspire new fans to follow us. That's where we're at now and I'm pleased and proud of our club, our players and of everyone who supports us regardless of where they live or how long they've been doing it.

Anyhow, that's my two minutes on the soap box and my introductions complete except to say that I'm delighted to join your good company.
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: City super City
My favourite player is: NOT Howler Hart!

Postby Peter Doherty (AGAIG) » Mon Mar 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Herb wrote:Well hello you fellow blues.

I'm Herb and I suppose I could best be described as a longterm City fan because I've been attending games since Colin Bell was doing the honours - yes, that old.
I'm a season card holder in CB L2 and I'm here as a refugee from bluemoan which I discharged myself honourably from in disgust at the way that the bigoted few were allowed to throw hostility at new and / or foreign fans. I'm not happy with that 'if you weren't at york you're not a true blue' attitude that a few idiots have because I served my time as a fan longing for my club to be big enough to be on the world stage and exciting enough to inspire new fans to follow us. That's where we're at now and I'm pleased and proud of our club, our players and of everyone who supports us regardless of where they live or how long they've been doing it.

Anyhow, that's my two minutes on the soap box and my introductions complete except to say that I'm delighted to join your good company.

Welcome Herb, we share a similar vintage. It's also nice to have someone on here I can look down on (I'm in CB L3)!
Peter Doherty (AGAIG)
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Johan Cruyff

Postby Herb » Mon Mar 11, 2013 10:00 pm

Welcome Herb, we share a similar vintage. It's also nice to have someone on here I can look down on (I'm in CB L3)!

Well Peter, I'm the bloke below you who goes ballistic at the officials - I see goading the ref as part of the home advantage - sometimes with good nature and sometimes with serious concern!
If we had De Gea and the rags had Hart, we'd be top with a 9 point lead and they'd be in 12th place - that's the difference between a 'good' keeper and a 'top class' keeper - 12 places - think about it.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby Alex Sapphire » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:04 am

welcome
so were you at York?
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Postby Burt » Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:09 am

A very warm welcome to you Herb fella. (Great name by the way!).

We need a few more old uns like us on here to keep the young uns in check, so keep on posting mate:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby Herb » Tue Mar 12, 2013 6:57 pm

Alex, no not at York (but due respect to those who were provided it's not used as a stick to beat those who weren't with) and indeed not at many of the more obscure away fixtures because I did my stint home and away as a teenager in the 70's. In fact I skipped quite a bit of school due to midweek aways and hence my poor education ;-). I was married with kids by the time I was in my early 20's and missed a lot of games because I was working away from home trying to pay the mortgage for years but things are different now because I've long been at an age where I can prioritise and afford my season ticket and away games are on the basis of if can I get a ticket - which can be tricky because so many supporters have spent years selling on away tickets to boost their loyalty points (I know because I've been a buyer from others at times).

Burt, delighted to make the acquaintance and yes I'll stick at it because I enjoy the banter and feel that us old un's can bring a bit of insight and balance to those more fresh from the cradle.
Herb
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby City64 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:20 pm

Herb wrote:Alex, no not at York (but due respect to those who were provided it's not used as a stick to beat those who weren't with) and indeed not at many of the more obscure away fixtures because I did my stint home and away as a teenager in the 70's. In fact I skipped quite a bit of school due to midweek aways and hence my poor education ;-). I was married with kids by the time I was in my early 20's and missed a lot of games because I was working away from home trying to pay the mortgage for years but things are different now because I've long been at an age where I can prioritise and afford my season ticket and away games are on the basis of if can I get a ticket - which can be tricky because so many supporters have spent years selling on away tickets to boost their loyalty points (I know because I've been a buyer from others at times).

Burt, delighted to make the acquaintance and yes I'll stick at it because I enjoy the banter and feel that us old un's can bring a bit of insight and balance to those more fresh from the cradle.

Welcome Herb,

Im a Bluemoan refugee myself ! I soon got bored of the relentless moaning and drivel on there plus the decent thoughtfull balanced posts from quality posters lasted only seconds due to the sheer volume of "traffic" on that forum . I am also "old school" like yourself now enjoying the glorious fantastic ride i only ever managed to dream about in my youth in the late seventies early eighties :) may they continue for many many more seasons !
Not really here

Fuck VAR
City64
Paul Power's Tash

Location: Urmston, Shevington , The Etihad , In a bar anywhere watching MCFC
My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby dale-ohara » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:55 pm

Hello Blues!

I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello. I've been a blue from birth, born where we could see the floodlights of Maine Road. Used to go to all the games at Maine Road with my old man, and had season tickets at the Etihad until 2009 when my sister was born so we had to stop. Awful timing if ever I've seen it. After season tickets for next year though now I'm 18 so I'll be keeping an eye out for any threads on that.

All the best blues,

Dale
dale-ohara
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

My favourite player is: David Silva

Postby Burt » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:41 pm

dale-ohara wrote:Hello Blues!

I'm new to the site and just wanted to say hello. I've been a blue from birth, born where we could see the floodlights of Maine Road. Used to go to all the games at Maine Road with my old man, and had season tickets at the Etihad until 2009 when my sister was born so we had to stop. Awful timing if ever I've seen it. After season tickets for next year though now I'm 18 so I'll be keeping an eye out for any threads on that.

All the best blues,

Dale

Welcome to the fold Dale. Don't be afraid of speaking up on here. Live long and prosper my friend:o)
You can beat an egg but you can't beat a fuclin good sherman tank
Burt

Postby budfox » Sun May 05, 2013 5:07 pm

I'm Steve.

Lifelong City follower (can't call myself a fan as I live too far away to go to matches).
Chose City when I was about 5 years old as every other fucker supported the scum. I'm now 49.

I remember the '81 cup final like it was yesterday, and Aguuuuueeeerrrrooooo as the greatest moment of my City life.

Other lovely memories are Dennis Tueart, Rodney Marsh, the joys of Bekovic and Bernabia, The Goat, 6-1 and every time the rags get found out in Europe.

Also have a soft spot for my home town team Southampton, and even though it might not be right on a City forum, Le Tissier is probably my all time favourite player.
budfox
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Kev

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 10, 2013 1:31 pm

budfox wrote:I'm Steve.

Lifelong City follower (can't call myself a fan as I live too far away to go to matches).
Chose City when I was about 5 years old as every other fucker supported the scum. I'm now 49.

I remember the '81 cup final like it was yesterday, and Aguuuuueeeerrrrooooo as the greatest moment of my City life.

Other lovely memories are Dennis Tueart, Rodney Marsh, the joys of Bekovic and Bernabia, The Goat, 6-1 and every time the rags get found out in Europe.

Also have a soft spot for my home town team Southampton, and even though it might not be right on a City forum, Le Tissier is probably my all time favourite player.

44 years of this and you don't consider yourself a fan?

I'm pretty sure if you asked their favourite ever non-City player here half of the people would say Le Tissier. Me included.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby Scatman » Fri May 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:

I'm pretty sure if you asked their favourite ever non-City player here half of the people would say Le Tissier. Me included.

Cantona
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 10, 2013 1:56 pm

Scatman wrote:

Cantona

Right.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Scatman » Fri May 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Scatman wrote:

Cantona

Right.

Him or Danny Wallace
Scatman
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Fri May 10, 2013 2:03 pm

Scatman wrote:
Scatman wrote:

Cantona

Right.

Him or Danny Wallace

At least Wallace came through Southampton ranks so he makes it somewhat relevant.

I always had you down as Lee Sharpe fan though.

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby bluemoonetihad » Tue May 14, 2013 10:56 am

Hi Blues

Been lurking for sometime without posting , thought it was time i said hello and hope to get to know some of you during my time here

city fan 21 years and counting

farewell mancini, thanks for everything
Watch Free Live Football Streams Daily

http://www.streamcentral.info/cmps_inde ... d=football
bluemoonetihad
Bianchi's Matchday Snood

Supporter of: man city

Postby Beefymcfc » Tue May 14, 2013 5:15 pm

bluemoonetihad wrote:Hi Blues

Been lurking for sometime without posting , thought it was time i said hello and hope to get to know some of you during my time here

city fan 21 years and counting

farewell mancini, thanks for everything

Welcome bud. And don't forget, 'Stay on the road and out of the shadows' ;-)
In the words of my Old Man, "Life will never be the same without Man City, so get it in while you can".

The Future's Bright, The Future's Blue!!!
Beefymcfc
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: The Mighty Blues

Postby Dunnylad » Tue May 14, 2013 9:51 pm

judythehippy wrote:Hi, my name is Judy Jones. I live in Hartlepool, go watching them with my Husband (home games) this season has been abysmal, fell asleep during one game.
ex City midfielder Michael Brown comes from the town, and played for them a few years ago on loan.
But my love for Man City continues, even though I don't get to see them play...my husband won't take me, he likes to watch the reds on the TV, they are always bl**dy one. (sorry for swearing)
My son told me about this forum, rather than the more well known bluemoon one.

Judy
xx

I used to work in Hartlepool, are you a member of the NE Supporters Club?
Dunnylad
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

My favourite player is: Georgi Kinkladze

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum