You're fav city player(current squad)

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

You're fav city player(current team)

1.Shay Given
10%
2.Micah Richards
2%
3.Wayne Bridge
1%
4.Kolo Toure
3%
5.Joleon Lescott
1%
6.Shaun Wright Philips
10%
7Steven Ireland
14%
8.Gareth Barry
7%
9.Emmanuel Adebayor
7%
10.Robinho
12%
11.Carlos Tevez
7%
12.Pablo Zabaleta
5%
13.Nedum Onuoha
4%
14.Roque Santa Cruise
1%
15.Martin petrov
2%
16.Richard Dunne (still here)
3%
17.Nigel De Jong
3%
18.Vincent Kompany
3%
19.other please select and state who it is below.
3%

Total votes : 320

Re: You're fav city player(current squad)

Postby xavi6 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:39 pm

1. Stephen Ireland
2. Gareth Barry
3. Nedum Onuoha
4. Pablo Zabaleta
5. Emmanuel Adebayor

http://backpagefootball.com/ featuring our new PODCAST!!!

You can't spell 'Failure' without 'F.A.I.'
xavi6
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Zab

Postby DoomMerchant » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:16 pm

in all honesty the person who, to me, represents the spirit of this new squad more than any other is Ade. WIthout this 3-match ban he'd probably be leading the Prem in scoring, and his defense vs. the Scum i believe would have left us unbeaten and top of the table.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Vhero » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:25 pm

DoomMerchant wrote:in all honesty the person who, to me, represents the spirit of this new squad more than any other is Ade. WIthout this 3-match ban he'd probably be leading the Prem in scoring, and his defense vs. the Scum i believe would have left us unbeaten and top of the table.

cheers

I agree with Ade we still would have been unbeaten..
Vhero
Paul Power's Tash

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: Kinkladze

Postby blues-clues » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:40 pm

Ade might have helped in the defence against Traffords finest but Bellamy still scored 2. If we had won 3-2 (assuming Ade had got his headers in ahead of Fletcher) then Bellers would be even more of a hero than he already is.

Bellamy gets my vote (Other)
blues-clues
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Man City
My favourite player is: Joe Corrigan

Postby Somerset Blue » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:25 pm

Right now - Bellamy. Not just his performances, but his obvious passion.
Somerset Blue
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Nick » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:55 pm

BELLAMY at the moment
Nick
Denis Law's Backheel

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:07 am

Where does everybody stand on this then? Ireland still the man?
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:25 am

TEVEZ....THE GUY IS NOT ONLY SCORING FOR FUN BUT HE WORKS HARDER THAN ANYONE ELSE...PROBABLY FOTO FINISH WITH BELLERS ON THE WORK LOAD BUT SEEING AS BELLERS CANT PLAY EVERY GAME THEN THE BEST PLAYER FOR ME IS TEVEZ.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby edge275 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:39 am

Tevez for me. And not just based on tonight.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:10 pm

Not based on tonight:

Michael Johnson and Micah. Vlad sneaking up there though.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby Mike J » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:21 pm

de jong for me. hard as fucking nails that guy.
Mike J
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Who do you think
My favourite player is: Merlin

Postby Mase » Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:23 pm

Mike J wrote:de jong for me. hard as fucking nails that guy.

My mate keeps saying he looks like he should be a cage fighter. I'd go with Zabs being hard as nails as well. Seems like he'll go full pelt in to anything. Reminds me of Tiatto.
Mase
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Warnock's Ref Rants
My favourite player is: Danny Tiatto

Postby paulh » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:01 pm

gareth barry dont think we have seen anywhere near his best yet
paulh
Richard Edghill Whipping Boy

Supporter of: manchester city
My favourite player is: gareth barry

Postby TonyM » Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:24 pm

I voted for Ireland and Robinho. I think if given a proper go these two will be amazing for many seasons to come.

I didn't vote for Tevez but if he continues to play as he has recently I'll be adding him in, next time round.

One who I don not rate at all at all is Barry. From what I can see he's the most unintelligent player we have (by that I mean consistently not seeing passes, unable to link midfield to the attack, putting us in danger unnecessarily, etc). Decent backup to DeJong, i.e. should only ever be used as a "destroyer". And before I'm lynched this is just "my opinion"
TonyM
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Postby Wonderwall » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:24 pm

I am amazed by some people being amazed by some people for voting for a player that scored a hat trick last night! I thought it was a poll about our Current squad and not who they previously played for?

I love the academy boys and will always want them to do well, however, my current Fave is NDJ, he is playing excellent footy at the moment and I love watching him play.

Sad thing is, this means I agree with Edge and that has to be wrong on so many levels!
Wonderwall
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Gods own team

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:39 pm

Colin the King wrote:Onuoha for me, didn't give it a second thought. He will captain City to untold glories, I'm sure of it and above and beyond his ability as a player, is a breath of fresh air in modern football as a grounded, intelligent and friendly guy. And a blue of course!

ARE YOU MAD????

HE,S INJURY PRONE AND HAS PLAYED TERRIBLE OF LATE...HE WILL NOT BE A CITY STAR IN THE FUTURE..HE WILL BE LUCKY TO BE A SQUAD PLAYER IMO UNLESS HIS INJURY RECORD IMPROVES AND HE STOPS FUCKING UP AT THE BACK AND LEARNS HOW TO PASS TO A FELLOW BLUE.
THEY SAY SWEARING IS DUE TO A LIMITED VOCABULARY. I KNOW THOUSANDS OF WORDS, BUT I STILL PREFER "FUCK OFF" TO "GO AWAY"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:41 pm

Wonderwall wrote:I am amazed by some people being amazed by some people for voting for a player that scored a hat trick last night! I thought it was a poll about our Current squad and not who they previously played for?

I love the academy boys and will always want them to do well, however, my current Fave is NDJ, he is playing excellent footy at the moment and I love watching him play.

Sad thing is, this means I agree with Edge and that has to be wrong on so many levels!

WELL PUT ..I ACTUALLY THOUGHT IT WAS ABOUT MY FAVORITE PLAYER IN THE CURRENT SQUAD AS WELL!!!!!!!!!!!!

SOME FANS ON HERE MAKE ME FUCKING LAUGH..THEY REALLY DO.
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:31 am

Wonderwall wrote:I am amazed by some people being amazed by some people for voting for a player that scored a hat trick last night! I thought it was a poll about our Current squad and not who they previously played for?

eh? Last time I checked edge was the biggest critic of de jong on here - said he was shit as fuck.... one of our many fights
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby Colin the King » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:35 am

carl_feedthegoat wrote:
Colin the King wrote:Onuoha for me, didn't give it a second thought. He will captain City to untold glories, I'm sure of it and above and beyond his ability as a player, is a breath of fresh air in modern football as a grounded, intelligent and friendly guy. And a blue of course!

ARE YOU MAD????

HE,S INJURY PRONE AND HAS PLAYED TERRIBLE OF LATE...HE WILL NOT BE A CITY STAR IN THE FUTURE..HE WILL BE LUCKY TO BE A SQUAD PLAYER IMO UNLESS HIS INJURY RECORD IMPROVES AND HE STOPS FUCKING UP AT THE BACK AND LEARNS HOW TO PASS TO A FELLOW BLUE.

You're quoting a post from September boss, I was hoping he'd put the injury problems behind him since he'd been fit right the way through from January to then. If he does somehow manage to stay free from them long term (horse placenta?!) then I'm standing by that. When he's fully fit he's an exceptional defender.

And besides, the poll is 'your favourite City player', not necessarily who you think the best is.
Colin the King
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Vincent Kompany

Postby carl_feedthegoat » Wed Jan 13, 2010 12:59 am

Colin the King wrote:
carl_feedthegoat wrote:

ARE YOU MAD????

You're quoting a post from September boss, I was hoping he'd put the injury problems behind him since he'd been fit right the way through from January to then. If he does somehow manage to stay free from them long term (horse placenta?!) then I'm standing by that. When he's fully fit he's an exceptional defender.

And besides, the poll is 'your favourite City player', not necessarily who you think the best is.

FAIR ENOUGH......I ACTUALLY REALLY WANT/ED HIM TO BECOME A GREAT BUT IVE JUST LOST FAITH IN HIM.
BUT YOUR QUITE RIGHT..THE OP IS "YOUR FAVORITE CITY PLAYER"
carl_feedthegoat
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum