Time to be gracious

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: Time to be gracious

Postby Blue Blood » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:35 am

john68 wrote:That is not meant as an excuse but a pointer to how far we have come and just how strong our squad is.
We should remember that despite having Millionaire city thrown at us, we are still very much at the start of our journey.
We have travelled a very long way in a very short time.
It won't be long before we are not just knocking at the door but walking through it.

Spot on.
Blue Blood
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Darren Huckerby

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:58 am

was like watching an Old Firm derby tonight...loads of kicking, some great tackling, lots of passion and excitement.

Im proud as fucl to be a blue tonight, and i watched the match in a pub in London which, get THIS, was outnumbered Blues 10-2, with 8 of those blues being from Abu Dhabi. How fucking crazy is that?

it was a fun match to be fair, loads of drama and angst and honestly i am really proud of how we fought, despite the obv defensive lapses. a minute from extra time and who knows what could have happened then.

Come on CITY! show me...what's left of the FA Cup and the season. we're not that far off the mark. Wish Rooney wasn't such an opportunistic little midget fuck cunt. Hats off to him for making it happen. it's what you have to do in that moment, and we couldn't do that.

cheers
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:04 am

hats off to Rooney? I hope the ginger scouse Irish cunt dies...this minute. That bald twat of a referee was a cunt too actually, Rooney hit Zabba ( although Zabba made a meal of it) and that smackhead plugfaced cockeny whore fake yardie cuntfaced son of a slag Wio fuckface paedo cokesniffer elbowed Tevez...and both got away without a yellow!!! cunts cunts cunts
Fidel Castro
Neil Young's FA Cup Winning Goal

Supporter of: City

Postby Lee_R » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:11 am

SWP has gone shit... also Petrov should of been brought on for Bellamy for the lat 20. Opinions I know.
Lee_R
Joe Hart's 29 Clean Sheets

Supporter of: MCFC
My favourite player is: David White

Postby Fidel Castro » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:21 am

Lee_R wrote:SWP has gone shit... also Petrov should of been brought on for Bellamy for the lat 20. Opinions I know.

I agree, lil' Shaun just keeps running into blind alleys and tripping over his own feet
Fidel Castro

Postby ant london » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:10 am

I'm in no mood to be gracious to those cheating ungracious twats BUT we have only ourselves to blame for the defeat. They played well and so did we but time and again we invited them onto us cheaply.

Rooney is a cunt but you let him get to a ball like that in your box in his current form and you'll pay. And again we did.

Yes they should have been down to at the very least 10 men, Yes everything ran for them tonight but they beat us. We let them score in stoppage time AGAIN we have to accept our culpability at the same time as acknowledging their luck.

But if you cannot be hugely proud of how we played and also fail to see the huge positives there were well you are a moron.

I hate losing but it happens in sport. Some of you are fucking terrible losers. Like fucking spoilt toddlers with learning difficulties. Grow the fuck up and get some perspective. Or just fuck off. Either works for me.
ant london
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Cityski
My favourite player is: Mario Balotelli

Postby DoomMerchant » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:11 am

Fidel Castro wrote:hats off to Rooney? I hope the ginger scouse Irish cunt dies...this minute. That bald twat of a referee was a cunt too actually, Rooney hit Zabba ( although Zabba made a meal of it) and that smackhead plugfaced cockeny whore fake yardie cuntfaced son of a slag Wio fuckface paedo cokesniffer elbowed Tevez...and both got away without a yellow!!! cunts cunts cunts

neither of those incidents is the reason we lost the fuclin match. sorry. nice to have something to bitch about i guess, because losing fucking stings. hated it last night. hate it now.
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:20 am

simon12 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
simon12 wrote:We were wank tonight we have been wank for the last 6 weeks and we will be wank in the future cos we are City. This guy is not the answer and we`ll never know if Les would`ve got us there cos this guy had fuck all to do with it. However I`m positive GO the next manager and if not him the next one and the next one who are we signing now ...Torres..great go him...where are we now 5th or 6th nearly there. I hope everybody saw what I saw which was a clueless performance.

We weren't clueless Simon

Does it look different on telly or am I just pissed. From where I was stood we just gave them possesion in the channels and offered NO threat.

It doesn't look different on Tv, it's just that you are angry at the defeat and are searching a scapegoat in a manager who has won most of his games since he came, including the first leg derby, and that to me seems he's not clueless at all like you'd want us to believe.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:26 am

viking the Odd wrote:
Niall Quinns Discopants wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:
Blue Blood wrote:
viking the Odd wrote:Yep,better team won overall, we played shit second half.

closet red??

i'm sorry but i think we both were equals on that pitch tonight. A bit of luck is all thats separated us.

My freind you can't go on moaning about luck or lack of it,you make your own luck.

I think you just confirmed his suspicions.

My freind, I really do not know what you are going on about half the time, but whatever makes you feel, whatever the way you like to feel,is good by me.

Well the feelings mutual. Although in your case I would say most of the times. My freind.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby david yearsley » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:29 am

john68 wrote:That is not meant as an excuse but a pointer to how far we have come and just how strong our squad is.
We should remember that despite having Millionaire city thrown at us, we are still very much at the start of our journey.
We have travelled a very long way in a very short time.
It won't be long before we are not just knocking at the door but walking through it.

Either that or we´ll drop ike a fuclin stone - still very angry after what I consider a capitulation 2nd half - errors in tactics (3 def mids- hughes would have got slaughtered for that!) and subs used too late or players who should have started - we had enough experience out there but we just didn´t seem to want it enough, and Shaunny out of form - all this contributed - we had the noose round their necks at HT but we forgot where the fuclin lever was after the break! Sorry but we failed yet again and this Scum team were not particularly good as we showed 1st half - take out Granny shagger and there aint much left - going to top myself with a Bobby Manc scarf ;/
The world is your oyster but your future´s a clam
david yearsley
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:29 am

ant london wrote:I hate losing but it happens in sport. Some of you are fucking terrible losers. Like fucking spoilt toddlers with learning difficulties. Grow the fuck up and get some perspective. Or just fuck off. Either works for me.

Quick question.
who the fuck do you think you are?
If I want to be fucking pissed off at a gutless display, I fucking will be.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Supporter of: Curzon Ashton U10's
My favourite player is: Kiers Casey

Postby simon12 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:45 am

CityFanFromRome wrote:
simon12 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:
simon12 wrote:We were wank tonight we have been wank for the last 6 weeks and we will be wank in the future cos we are City. This guy is not the answer and we`ll never know if Les would`ve got us there cos this guy had fuck all to do with it. However I`m positive GO the next manager and if not him the next one and the next one who are we signing now ...Torres..great go him...where are we now 5th or 6th nearly there. I hope everybody saw what I saw which was a clueless performance.

Does it look different on telly or am I just pissed. From where I was stood we just gave them possesion in the channels and offered NO threat.

It doesn't look different on Tv, it's just that you are angry at the defeat and are searching a scapegoat in a manager who has won most of his games since he came, including the first leg derby, and that to me seems he's not clueless at all like you'd want us to believe.

Just read thru what I obviously posted when I got back from the swamp..no spelling mistakes either. Still pissed off still think bobby manc got major decisions wrong like boyata and stevie. I didn`t see jaar jaar elbow anyone but on row 38 you can only just see the game. From that view point you can really see where we were losing the game and the effect giving the ball away cheaply had on us. They moved better as a team than we did for a start.
simon12
De Jong's Tackle

Supporter of: The only team in Mcr
My favourite player is: Dirk Diggler

Postby CityFanFromRome » Thu Jan 28, 2010 9:58 am

simon12 wrote:
CityFanFromRome wrote:
simon12 wrote:
Bianchi on Ice wrote:

Just read thru what I obviously posted when I got back from the swamp..no spelling mistakes either. Still pissed off still think bobby manc got major decisions wrong like boyata and stevie. I didn`t see jaar jaar elbow anyone but on row 38 you can only just see the game. From that view point you can really see where we were losing the game and the effect giving the ball away cheaply had on us. They moved better as a team than we did for a start.

Well I disagree, they didn't move better at all, surely not in the first half where we were clearly on top, and should have scored. They however pressed us very well in the second half, getting on most of the second balls from our clearances/tackles in the box, this I will admit. However, to say that we presented no threat when Tevez scored and Rafael was getting an headache with Bellers on the left, and Ade had the ball to make it 2-2 but chose to try with a header instead of stopping it and then shoot with his feet, which was a possibly better option there, sounds to me like someone who is (rightly) disappointed at the defeat, and is searching for a scapegoat.
CityFanFromRome

Supporter of: Man City & Roma
My favourite player is: Carlos Tévez

Postby patrickblue » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:20 am

Seeing the thread title, I thought I'd sleep on it as if I'd have posted anything last night I would have just ranted on and on about that fucking ginger troll, druggie wio, the masticating red faced twat, and everything else about the scummy red bastards that I can't abide. The list is endless.
However this morning I awoke to find nothing has changed
Gracious my arse.
CUNTS
[img]https://giphy.com/gifs/3o7qDYcso3azifQVyg/html5[/img]
patrickblue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Shaun Goater's 103 Goals

My favourite player is: The one and only Goat

Postby edge275 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:13 pm

dazby wrote:
edge275 wrote:We just wasn't good enough. Neither are 6 or 7 of our players when we compare to Man U standards.

I know it hurts but it's the truth.

Name them.

Sure. I'll tell you who ARE good enough to match rags out of the first team we fielded (not including subs):

Tevez, Bellamy, De Jong, Kompany, Given.

The rest aren't good enough.

*edit* Although I must concede, I'm starting to have reservations about Given. Buffon would definitely be a match for the rags.
Last edited by edge275 on Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Like all bullies, they've just found out that there is a much bigger guy in town, someone who is richer and more powerful than their worst nightmare. And this smiling Arabic assassin is intent on stealing all the treasures they've nicked off everyone else, and pulverising them into commercial and footballing oblivion as he does so."
edge275
pot noodle style supporter

Supporter of: Manchester City
My favourite player is: Mike Lingo

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:17 pm

edge275 wrote:
dazby wrote:
edge275 wrote:We just wasn't good enough. Neither are 6 or 7 of our players when we compare to Man U standards.

Name them.

Sure. I'll tell you who ARE good enough to match rags out of the first team we fielded (not including subs):

with the last 2 trips to OT, I'd take De Jong out of that. he's been shite both times at their place.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

Postby razor400 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm

Mrs Razor here!
I would just like to say well done to City. You are now looking like a team that has the ability to take on anyone on the day and get a result. I have said this morning to Mr Razor that the only thing you have to achieve now is the ability to hold your nerve on that big occasion. It's kind of like a tennis player in his first grand slam final. He may have won smaller tournaments but does he have the mental nerve to serve for the match!
On the pitch last night you had very few players who've been in that position in the past and I think nerves got in the way. This can only be rectified with time and experience. What I have seen from City in the last few months is fantastic and I really think over the next one or two seasons everything you want will come true. I also believe though that you may well have lost that second leg playing Chelsea or my team Liverpool because they 'know' how to play the big occasion! It's just experience and belief that is separating you at the moment.
Be patient guys your day will come and a lot will have been learnt from last night!
[/border][/b]
[/color]
razor400
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Supporter of: Champions
My favourite player is: Zabba

Postby john68 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:14 pm

Totally agree Mrs Razor.
I posted earlier that we had Toure, Lescott, Bridge, Johnson and RSC missing, whilst Ireland, Ade and Ned have only just returned.
Considering that we were missing so much experience and quality, we have much to look forward to as they return to strengthen the squad.
Much is made of most teams missing a couple of players but little has been said about our recent record, where the heart of the team has been ripped out.
Experience counts for a lot at the top level in these big games, we had so much of that missing, yet went so close.

I still fancy us to bridge the gap between us and the top 3 and suprise a few this season.
I KNOW THAT YOU BELIEVE THAT YOU UNDERSTOOD WHAT YOU THINK I WROTE, BUT I AM NOT SURE YOU REALISE THAT WHAT YOU READ IS NOT WHAT I MEANT
john68
Kaptain Kompany's Komposure

Supporter of: ST MARKS (W GORTON)
My favourite player is: BERT TRAUTMANN

Postby Alex Sapphire » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Bingo Lewis wrote:
edge275 wrote:
dazby wrote:

Name them.

with the last 2 trips to OT, I'd take De Jong out of that. he's been shite both times at their place.

you've been reading too much NQDP. de Jong did a shift last night
Never criticise a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes.
That way when you do criticise him you'll be a mile away.
And you'll have his shoes.

Ἄνδρες γάρ πόλις, καί οὐ τείχη
Alex Sapphire

Postby Bingo Lewis » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Alex Sapphire wrote:
Bingo Lewis wrote:
edge275 wrote:
dazby wrote:

Name them.

you've been reading too much NQDP. de Jong did a shift last night

I'm doing a shift at work today, but i'm as much use as de jong was last night.
he made 2 or 3 tackles that I can remember. rest of the time he was just chasing people to no effect.
Bingo Lewis
Donated to the site
Donated to the site

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum