City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Here is the place to talk about all things city and football!

Re: City to ask permission for Joe to come back [merged]

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:44 am

ross.mcfc wrote:
gillie wrote:
daved wrote:politics in play here the statment was from Brums vice chairman.

I know mate but the thick ginger jock twat cant see that.

Remember when Moyles said Lescott wouldnt leave. It's called driving a bargain. Something that good managers do. They have us by the balls and they know it.

yeah but i don't know that i'd want to agree to send Hart back there next season just to get him for these 3 matches. Might seem short-sighted not to want that, but i'd rather have Hart next season than for 3 matches this season. How can they hold us hostage?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Florida Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 1:51 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
ross.mcfc wrote:
gillie wrote:
daved wrote:politics in play here the statment was from Brums vice chairman.

I know mate but the thick ginger jock twat cant see that.

Remember when Moyles said Lescott wouldnt leave. It's called driving a bargain. Something that good managers do. They have us by the balls and they know it.

yeah but i don't know that i'd want to agree to send Hart back there next season just to get him for these 3 matches. Might seem short-sighted not to want that, but i'd rather have Hart next season than for 3 matches this season. How can they hold us hostage?

That said, how could we even make that promise without knowing where Shay sits with this injury. And with the likelihood of dislocation occurring again, we cannot afford to loan Hart out again. I would love to see young Joe return, but at what cost? Look we made out earlier this season with all those draws, might as well let Gunnar be the man to lead us to 4th..
I've come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I am all out of bubblegum.
Florida Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Rosler's Grandad Bombed The Swamp

Postby Michigan Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:42 am

Pay them a nominal fee for the inconvenience of changing the loan terms, and then if they slip out of 9th place add on whatever prize money they lost out on, even if Maik Taylor plays two absolute blinders.

That ought to be agreeable to any reasonable Brummie, and if it helps knock the Villa out of Champions League contention, all the better for them.
"Certainly our programme is a full one, but as a player and as a manager I've always felt that there is only one way to go into a season...and that's to try to win every game.... While we are in four major competitions we shall try to win four major competitions." - Joe Mercer
Michigan Blue
Balotelli's Fireworks Party

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby Pretty Boy Lee » Tue Apr 27, 2010 4:31 am

I guess with them in no danger they cold really send him back, but if it were spurs or villa asking for this I'd be pissed.

We did do them a favour giving him to them for the season so far, is it not fair they do us ne back when we Ned it?
Tracking back is overrated.
Pretty Boy Lee
Pablo Zabaleta's Manc Accent

Supporter of: City!
My favourite player is: Yaya

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:47 am

Key103 are reporting that it is looking likely that we will be given permission to get another 'keeper in and it quite possibly could be Joe Hart.

They also said that if we do get Joe back, Villa and Spurs are likely to make formal complaints.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: City
My favourite player is: Silva

Postby Exiled » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:06 am

Jeez, plenty of bitter people on 606 page. Still, I guess we would be too if it was any other team in direct competition or the scum. I take it as a compliment.
Exiled
Darius Vassell's Composure

Supporter of: Man City

Postby guv111 » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:32 am

King Kev wrote:Key103 are reporting that it is looking likely that we will be given permission to get another 'keeper in and it quite possibly could be Joe Hart.

They also said that if we do get Joe back, Villa and Spurs are likely to make formal complaints.

What's the point of having reserve 'keepers if we don't have any faith in them? Or, more to the point, if Gunnar Nielsen is so godawful, why is he here?
guv111
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Supporter of: Manchester City

Postby john@staustell » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:51 am

Svensational wrote:
King Kev wrote:Key103 are reporting that it is looking likely that we will be given permission to get another 'keeper in and it quite possibly could be Joe Hart.

Fuck Villa and Spurs, we can deal with them.

Birmingham dont have much to play for now, they are pretty cemented in the position they are in, so they might as well just let us have him.

It's fairly standard practice for a club with it's first 2 keepers injured to get this permission. So firstly I'm not surprised we got it, and secondly I don't see what they can/should complain about.
“I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly.”
john@staustell
Allison's Big Fat Cigar

Postby Tokyo Blue » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:54 am

We should really only be allowed to get a keeper in to be cover for Gunnar and that keeper should only be allowed to play if Gunnar gets injured.
Your right leg I like; I've got nothing against your right leg. The trouble is neither have you.
Tokyo Blue
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Bert Trautmann's Neck

Postby ENIAM NAM » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:We should really only be allowed to get a keeper in to be cover for Gunnar and that keeper should only be allowed to play if Gunnar gets injured.

It would be quite easy to fake an injury in the 1st 10 mins against Villa though.
ENIAM NAM
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Kinky's Mazy Dribbles

Postby Slim » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:57 am

Surely this has to be addressed today in order to give us the time to actually get someone in.
Slim
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Dunne's Half-Time Pint » Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:59 am

Tokyo Blue wrote:We should really only be allowed to get a keeper in to be cover for Gunnar and that keeper should only be allowed to play if Gunnar gets injured.

Maybe so - but how would that rule work in practice?
Gunnar would be 'encouraged' to drop a cheeky Escape to Victory/declare himself injured and whoever had come in would play.
All we are saying is give Doug a pass.
Dunne's Half-Time Pint
David Silva's Silky Skills

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:02 am

guv111 wrote:

What's the point of having reserve 'keepers if we don't have any faith in them? Or, more to the point, if Gunnar Nielsen is so godawful, why is he here?
My understanding is that we actually have FOUR of our 'keepers unavailable for one reason or another (Hart, Given, Taylor and one of the young lads) so it's not a case of having no faith in the reserves, it's a case of not having the numbers to cover.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby Ted Hughes » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:03 am

john@staustell wrote:
Svensational wrote:

Fuck Villa and Spurs, we can deal with them.

Birmingham dont have much to play for now, they are pretty cemented in the position they are in, so they might as well just let us have him.

It's fairly standard practice for a club with it's first 2 keepers injured to get this permission. So firstly I'm not surprised we got it, and secondly I don't see what they can/should complain about.

Because it's City?

Brum are well out of order if they stop Joe Hart from putting himself in the spotlight for the World Cup.
The pissartist formerly known as Ted

VIVA EL CITY !!!

Some take the bible for what it's worth.. when they say that the rags shall inherit the Earth...
Well I heard that the Sheikh... bought Carlos Tevez this week...& you fuckers aint gettin' nothin..
Ted Hughes
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Colin Bell's Football Brain

Supporter of: Bill Turnbull
My favourite player is: Bill Turnbull

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:12 am

Ted Hughes wrote:Brum are well out of order if they stop Joe Hart from putting himself in the spotlight for the World Cup.
Considering that they want Hart to play for them again next season it might be an idea if they kept us sweet rather than pissing us off.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby lets all have a disco » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:15 am

Bring back Joe.

The keep him next year aswell.

Facts remain we hold his registration,he is OUR player Brum just want a few dongles in return Maik Taylor is their real number one.
He was never me,me,me but always you,you,you
lets all have a disco
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: Manchester City FC
My favourite player is: STILL MICAH RICHARDS

Postby King Kev » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:20 am

SkySports are now reporting that Hart doesn't expect to come back to us until the end of the season.

This could go on for some time.
[center]Image[/center]
King Kev
Anna Connell's Vision

Postby DoomMerchant » Tue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 am

King Kev wrote:SkySports are now reporting that Hart doesn't expect to come back to us until the end of the season.

Strangely, Joe Hart. It has everything 'to do with you.' I think we've pissed the lad off by sending him on loan and then getting all sexy-eyed at last call after the bar has emptied. Here's his quote:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When asked about reports that City may try and recall him, Hart said: "It is nothing to do with me.

"The loan? As far as I know, that's the way it is. I will be staying here.

"I really enjoy what I'm doing with the boys at Birmingham and in training and just try to repay their efforts with my performances."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wouldn't someone with an inch of interest or allegiance to City comport themselves a bit differently? Maybe i'm making too much of this, but...if it were me, i'd be saying "Wow. I feel horrible for Shay, but City is my club and if they can sort my return then how fantastic would it be to try and lead them into CL over these last few matches? Very strange situation, but City is my club and if they can end the loan i'd love to go back and help the lads" etc...Right?
viVa el ciTy!

"All things considered, there's absolutely no escape from this hellish situation. I'm prepared to take the coward's way out if you are. It's reincarnation or nothing." -- Gideon Stargrave

DoomMerchant
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Pellegrini's Hoodie

Supporter of: MCFC. OK.
My favourite player is: The Game

Postby Niall Quinns Discopants » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:29 am

DoomMerchant wrote:
King Kev wrote:SkySports are now reporting that Hart doesn't expect to come back to us until the end of the season.

Strangely, Joe Hart. It has everything 'to do with you.' I think we've pissed the lad off by sending him on loan and then getting all sexy-eyed at last call after the bar has emptied. Here's his quote:

When asked about reports that City may try and recall him, Hart said: "It is nothing to do with me.

"The loan? As far as I know, that's the way it is. I will be staying here.

"I really enjoy what I'm doing with the boys at Birmingham and in training and just try to repay their efforts with my performances."

Wouldn't someone with an inch of interest or allegiance to City comport themselves a bit differently? Maybe i'm making too much of this, but...if it were me, i'd be saying "Wow. I feel horrible for Shay, but City is my club and if they can sort my return then how fantastic would it be to try and lead them into CL over these last few matches? Very strange situation, but City is my club and if they can end the loan i'd love to go back and help the lads" etc...Right?

No. I see it like that as well. And he has been making loads peculiar comments about us during this season. He needs to get his head straight and understand who owns him and pays (majority of) his wages. It was nice thing from us to let him go on loan in first place.
Sometimes we're good and sometimes we're bad but when we're good, at least we're much better than we used to be and when we are bad we're just as bad as we always used to be, so that's got to be good hasn't it?

Mark Radcliffe
Niall Quinns Discopants
Donated to the site
Donated to the site
Anna Connell's Vision

Supporter of: Holistic approach
My favourite player is: Bishop Magic Don Juan

Postby brite blu sky » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:34 am

MEN reporting that the prem hinting that they would allow a Hart recall from Brum.

i thought this would be unlikely, but suggestions are that it could just be a matter of cash.
[center]Image[/center]
brite blu sky
Dickov's Injury Time Equaliser

PreviousNext

Return to The Maine Football forum